BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Here's Greg Ball after the vote. He's actually a decent guy.

"We have not saved any lives, except for one.
The political life, of a governor, who wants to be president."

Fuck you cumho

Seems like a good guy
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Stand Tall Gentlemen!
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There is 1M "assault weapons" in NY. I think all of them [owners and guns] should show up at Albany on the same day carrying them.

That would be a message that could not be ignored.

You read my mind.

I would go if I was anywhere near NY.

I can just imagine a serious battle breaking out... NYPD
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The state statute says the right to keep and bear arms "cannot be infringed” — stronger than the Second Amendment, which says it "shall not be infringed.’’

I like this.

But...it can and has been infringed. That's why the founding fathers used "shall not".

Shall is just indicates future. Should + will

shall vs. can ... neither indicate a stronger usage.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Please keep up the support for us.  We are fighting it hard here....

Hold the line gents!

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck you cumho

Senator Ball needs to append an "s" to the end of his last name because he does not lack them.  

He's from my town.
He's Air Force and a valley forge graduate. Decent guy, he should have a good run.

Greg ball wiki
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
New York State routinely releases dangerous criminals from prison due to lack of space to house them all; they don't have room for tens of thousands or possibly hundreds of thousands of  otherwise law abiding citizens.

They don't have to put people in jail.  Convict them of felonies and assess a heavy fine.  

They can do this and simply pawn the issue off on the Feds...prohibited persons with guns.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:16:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
New York State routinely releases dangerous criminals from prison due to lack of space to house them all; they don't have room for tens of thousands or possibly hundreds of thousands of  otherwise law abiding citizens.

They don't have to put people in jail.  Convict them of felonies and assess a heavy fine.  

They can do this and simply pawn the issue off on the Feds...prohibited persons with guns.

and zero would ne more than willing to use the federal govt. to help him.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:24:15 PM EDT
[#10]
But but what about the drones and apache copters?????
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:33:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever hear of fema camps (Detention centers)?

Sure have
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:37:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I fear the Governers mansion would be on fire riddled bullet holes with piles of brass and dead
Killdozer drivers/LEO's.If this happened in NC

Hopefully you can find a better way.

Good Luck fellas

Free

Quoted:
Quoted:
There is 1M "assault weapons" in NY. I think all of them [owners and guns] should show up at Albany on the same day carrying them.

That would be a message that could not be ignored.

You read my mind.

I would go if I was anywhere near NY.

I can just imagine a serious battle breaking out... NYPD

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:43:40 PM EDT
[#13]
What's the best route from Ohio to New York to get around the checkpoints?
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Stand firm NY.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#15]
New Jersey didn't comply and they changed the law.

It's been done before NY.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This. No more buying guns from a dealer, no more voting, no more jobs that require a background check, the ability to hit you with jail sentences, fines, and a longer rap sheet when they find you with shit in the future...

That is, of course, assuming that they manage to finish arresting, convicting, and recording all this information before things get ugly and the computers and filing cabinets get torched during the revolution...

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:57:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yup.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#18]
We are with you NY
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:00:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Keep your heads up and shoulders back New York.  

Sir James...
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever hear of fema camps (Detention centers)?

Ever hear of 1776?
Die on your feet, or live on your knees.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:12:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Tag from a NY native

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:17:43 PM EDT
[#22]
The real question is whether:

a) Obama will send soldiers to bolster the NYSP's enforcement action

b) Those soldiers comply with their orders to seize guns from law abiding citizens after being arbitrarily deemed 'illegal'.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:17:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#24]
FUCK NEW YORK
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:18:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

What happened? I know nothing about this.  

What's new, msm not reporting things that make the .gov look weak and silly?  never.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:19:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm interested in seeing where this goes.

Stand Fast, New York.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:21:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
But but what about the drones and apache copters?????

That would be a line in the sand for me, regardless of what state it happened in. I think it would be for a lot of other people too.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:21:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Im going to poke around and see if I can find support for an amnesty law for ban state citizens.

.  If charged with an unconstitutional gun crime in NY for example for
owning something that is legal in AZ we will NOT arrest or detain anyone
for that warrant and we will NOT consider them prohibited from owning
firearms in our state and we WILL issue them drivers licenses even if
suspension in that state would normally stop them from getting one here.
In no way shape or form would anyone fleeing such a charge be
considered a criminal in our state.

I think if they keep pushing buttons we could win this on a ballot initiative if not in our legislature.  Seriously.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Wow.  Maybe this will be the first state we see Americans killed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:24:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Fuck you cumho

That man is a fucking American Patriot. He should add an "s" to his last name.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:25:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

b) Those soldiers comply with their orders to seize guns from law abiding citizens after being arbitrarily deemed 'illegal'.

NYSP will have a tough time getting the real Troopers on the road to mess around with this. The headquarters goons encouraged this, the actual uniformed officers on patrol are mostly pissed.  

I figured as much. What I would hate to see is NYer's stuck with a bad law that is selectively enforced at the side of the road after both sides reach a stalemate. I can't see the assclowns that wrote this shitty law and signed it being willing to back down so the inevitable result is that they keep their ban and NY'ers keep their guns/mags/ammo until one day a cop is having a bad day when he pulls a guy over who owns one and just ruins the man.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:29:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck you cumho

Wow.  That is a very moving video.  Good for him.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 9:28:07 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck you cumho

Damn right and it is surprising he is a NY politician, he will be on goobernor Huomo's hit list and Bloomturd will make his chamber boy dress up like Mr Ball while Bloomy abuses him

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 9:29:30 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NYSP will have a tough time getting the real Troopers on the road to mess around with this. The headquarters goons encouraged this, the actual uniformed officers on patrol are mostly pissed.  

I figured as much. What I would hate to see is NYer's stuck with a bad law that is selectively enforced at the side of the road after both sides reach a stalemate. I can't see the assclowns that wrote this shitty law and signed it being willing to back down so the inevitable result is that they keep their ban and NY'ers keep their guns/mags/ammo until one day a cop is having a bad day when he pulls a guy over who owns one and just ruins the man.

Or the man ruins him

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 9:31:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 9:43:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Downstate, like around Long Island/NYC, they'll start arresting people over magazines, would be my guess

WOW that won't work in my neck of  the woods...........
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 9:51:30 AM EDT
[#41]
F. U. Dicker?

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 9:52:42 AM EDT
[#42]
In CA both assault weapon bans (89 and 00) did not result in compliance.

I heard police did show up to gun ranges to arrest people who owned the wrong kind of SKS (detachable mag type), although I did not see this myself.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 9:53:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Get the courts to stay enforcement of the law until it can be reviewed.

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 9:54:52 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Wow.  Maybe this will be the first state we see Americans killed.

It took me some time to realise and understand that America is not a country , it is a group of states that happen to live together (for the most part) .

I always found it odd that most would bash NY and Cali for shite gun laws , maybe it was a case of " there for the grace of god go I " or maybe most just don't give a shit , who knows ?

To me NY and Cali are test beds , test beds to see just how far the American people can be pushed , looks like that is a long fuckin way .

You all talk about the constitution , the bill of rights and the Amendments within,  like it is the holy grail,  yet for years you have all stood by and mocked states that have had that same constitutional rights eroded  .

I know the last fucker you want advice from is a Brit but we have seen much gun control it ain't nice trust me .

You need to forget about state lines , the constitution is for all , is it not , you let your brothers fall now who will be next .

Ben, "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately"
Yer I know , fuck off limey

but good luck anyway

DT , I quoted you but this is not aimed at you personally, so please don't take it that way .

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Then what monitor all those people on probation or give them no probation oversight? If you don't give them probation oversight then who monitors whether they've paid their fine or not? If they can't pay their fine or will not pay their fine than the judge would have no choice, but to issue a bench warrant and have them arrested. If the courts required them to pay the fine in whole at the time of sentencing then how many couldn't pay that heavy fine giving the judge no choice, but to put them in jail or seriously reduce that "heavy fine.'

The other issue is what if any of those folks want to go to trial rather than plea out to preserve their right to appeal?  How in the hell would a prosecutor's office handle prosecuting all those additional cases? They'd have to hire more assistant prosecutors or contract attorneys to act as assistant prosecuting attorneys to handle it at great expense to the individual counties. In the alternative, to just have a reasonable case load the prosecutor's office would have to start cutting better plea deals for all those charged with criminal offenses.

The court dockets would be measured in years. Suddenly providing the right to a speedy trial becomes difficult. Other non-gun related cases suddenly can't be heard...it would be a giant mess.

The legislature did not think this through very carefully.

I mean let's assume everything above didn't happen and it was nice and smooth. NY would still have created thousands upon thousands of convicted felons meaning that the pool of good job candidates suddenly shrinks considerably impacting the desire of businesses to locate in New York when they required any kind of labor or service people.

The law is grossly impractical and completely insane. It's an enforcement nightmare of epic proportions and will cost the counties and tax payers a considerable amount of money.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 9:55:29 AM EDT
[#46]
good luck, NY'ers

we'll be watching this closely
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 9:58:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Good for the New Yorkers.

Hold your ground.  Make them justify themselves in the courts.  Make them realize the magnitude of their decision.  And make their ability to enforce it non-existant.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 9:59:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Assuming a mass group does partake in civil disobedience and challenge the state of NY I will be fascinated to see if the state backs down or if they make a very serious mistake.

Never interrupt your enemy when they are busy making a mistake.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 10:00:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Kick 'em in the balls, NY Arfcommers.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 10:02:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Tag from a NY native

And another one.

8 hour drive.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top