Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:40:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Good, now get some ammo in stock!
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How is running and hiding a good thing?  This is the kind of event that puts a positive light on the firearms industry.  So leave the AR's at the store.  They could have still sponsored this and not brought any guns. They have a whole warehouse full of sporting goods.   This is a cowardly act than should not be celebrated.

They are excluding ARs.

I've spent thousands at Cabela's over the past few months. And I will continue to do so, because they support us.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How is running and hiding a good thing?  This is the kind of event that puts a positive light on the firearms industry.  So leave the AR's at the store.  They could have still sponsored this and not brought any guns. They have a whole warehouse full of sporting goods.   This is a cowardly act than should not be celebrated.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How is running and hiding a good thing? This is the kind of event that puts a positive light on the firearms industry. So leave the AR's at the store. They could have still sponsored this and not brought any guns. They have a whole warehouse full of sporting goods. This is a cowardly act than should not be celebrated.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Cabelas remains on my buy from list.

Absolutely. I am even more delighted to have recently purchased a Glock from them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's really stepping up to the plate, very good.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:46:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Very good of Cabela's. Kudo's!
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank you Cabela's, you will have more of my business in the future.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure if you comprehend here.

Cabellas didn't just set up at the show- they sponsored it. That means they paid big bucks to have their name all over it.

They saw they had serious issues with how the show was now conducted, and saw that their customer base does as well.

So they decided it wasn't appropriate for them to fund something being run in a way they and their customers disagreed with.

They were an annual Sponser. (Cabelas is nearby in Hamburg PA. Very large presence in the Area). For them to pull there sponsorhip is huge.
This is why I love those folks sooo much.  

Edit: Here is a link to Customer Service, Let send them a message thanking them to show they are appreciated.
Cabella's

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What is that white stuff on your chin?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You can't be serious.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Good for Cabelas for having a pair. Although they're more expensive that other places, I still enjoy stopping there (especially the Bargain cave!)
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Cabelas does continue to surprise me in a good way between what they have for products lately and now this.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:56:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Somebody please post, in HUGE BOLD LETTERS,  the orther 3 or 4 MAJOR corporate sponsors of this show.  

It is sad that there are so many Fudds still out there like this show's promoters.  

Let's see if we can get theri attention by getting this show de-funded if , for nothing else, a warning that modern sporting rifle owners will NOT tolerate being marginalized or demonized this way.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:59:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The future of the firearm market is NOT new FUDD guns made of polished wood and Cabala's knows it. Since they are paying huge bucks, they should be able to have input on what is banned from the show, especially since those firearms are perfectly suited for hunting and the outdoors [most FUDD rifles will never hold up to a round count of tens of thousands of rounds without breakage] and many people are coming to the show to see them.

I think you are the wrong firearm site...................FUDD.com is thataway >
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#20]
cabela's is the best
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Somebody please post, in HUGE BOLD LETTERS,  the orther 3 or 4 MAJOR corporate sponsors of this show.  

It is sad that there are so many Fudds still out there like this show's promoters.  

Let's see if we can get theri attention by getting this show de-funded if , for nothing else, a warning that modern sporting rifle owners will NOT tolerate being marginalized or demonized this way.

The Outdoor Channel
Progressive Insurance
Comcast

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:01:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Potato
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#23]
As a hunting-focused event, we welcome exhibitors who wish to showcase products and firearms that serve the traditional needs of the sport. Clearly, we strongly support the 2nd Amendment. However, this year we have made the decision not to include certain products that in the current climate may attract negative attention that would distract from the strong focus on hunting and fishing at this family-oriented event and possibly disrupt the broader positive experience of our guests.

I read this as Cabela's statement.  Clearly I was mistaken.  I retract my prior statement and will enroll in a reading and comprehension course ASAP
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Cabela's > Bass Pro

Doesn't Reed Exhibitions put on SHOT Show?  Wonder who made this decision.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#25]
I was postponing going to the Cabelas in BR while waiting to see if this post would be made.

I guess I can go now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:17:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Potato

I'm browsing their web store right now. I will spend money with them because of this even though I don't need anything.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Makes me feel even better about spending $400 there this month.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#28]
I just emailed this to Cabela's via their web form:

"Thank you for dropping support for the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show.  They are free to allow any products they want at their show.  But they specifically chose to not allow AR-15's, no doubt due to political pressure.

As a long time Cabela's customer, I am very pleased that you do not support organizations that would seek to polarize the firearms enthusiasts community.  You will continue to get many orders from me in the future!"

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#29]
I just love Cabela's. They make me proud to be a loyal customer.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Good on Cabelas.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yeah, lets just comply with even more bullshit! Make ARs less mainstream and see if we cant lose even more support. You really dont understand this, do you?

Good on you Cabelas!
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#32]
A big thumbs up to Cabelas!  I will continue to patronize Cabelas, but F the Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show.  May their show go down the shitter now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Outstanding!  Love Cabela's.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#34]
They seemed a bit wobbly right before Zero's speech but now they appear to be moving to our side.  A wise move.  Now they need to do and say MOAR.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:55:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
As a hunting-focused event, we welcome exhibitors who wish to showcase products and firearms that serve the traditional needs of the sport. Clearly, we strongly support the 2nd Amendment. However, this year we have made the decision not to include certain products that in the current climate may attract negative attention that would distract from the strong focus on hunting and fishing at this family-oriented event and possibly disrupt the broader positive experience of our guests.

I read this as Cabela's statement.  Clearly I was mistaken.  I retract my prior statement and will enroll in a reading and comprehension course ASAP

Just kidding.. You scared us all for a bit...
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Cabelas sees where the money comes from.  There is a whole lot of cash in the AR market, much more than other aspects I would say just due to the accessories.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Cabela's has been awesome throughout this panic nightmare.  While others are gouging prices, Cabela's prices haven't changed, in fact they've still offered sale prices and coupons on guns and ammo.  The only limiting policy I've seen from them is to apply a 10 box limit on ammo.  

They've made me a customer for life.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:04:13 PM EDT
[#39]
This is a good sign.  

Cabela's can see where this is headed.

Show now has to evaluate their decision.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#40]
gj cabelas
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m11ssrxMi41r5hj55o1_400.gif

Exactly.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#42]
I just fired off an email to Cabela's thanking them for their support.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Cabelas remains on my buy from list.

Yep.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:28:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, lets just comply with even more bullshit! Make ARs less mainstream and see if we cant lose even more support. You really dont understand this, do you?

Good on you Cabelas!

He posted a retraction. He read the ESO statement thinking it was Cabela's
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You need to go edit your original post, otherwise you will continue to be shat upon by folks who don't read past page 1 before replying.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:42:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Several other vendors have pulled out of this show earlier last week due to the policy change.  Even the NRA is putting pressure on the exhibitor.

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/news-from-nra-ila/2013/nra-statement-in-response-to-reed-exhibitions-decision-to-ban-modern-sporting-rifles-from-the-eastern-sports-outdoor-show.aspx
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:50:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Sent them a quick note:

I'm writing in support of your decision to drop your sponsorship of the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show. It appears we agree that those who would selectively support our constitutional rights are not supporters of our freedom at all.

Thank you for taking a stand against enemies of the 2nd Amendment. You have a customer for life.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Hell yeah.  Fuck the Fudds.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:11:50 PM EDT
[#50]
If Reed reverses their decision, I hope Cabela's still doesn't sponsor the show. Screw 'em.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top