BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 4:40:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys have to read up on nullification.  None of these laws will hold even a little water.

You should read up on events that lead up to the civil war.

I have.  How'd that work out by the way?

If you're advocating violence, man up and say so.

How about just recognizing that states are starting a pushback.
  This is a "Will Not Comply" statement and it has to start somewhere. Many of us have written and Emailed, spoken with our wallets and supported politicians and organizations that will defend our rights. This may be just a statement of principal, but goddammit it is better than rolling the fuck over like some of the states. It starts somewhere, and I for one would like the Fed to recognize that maybe they have pushed too far this time and back off before it does come down to blood and steel.
  So instead of standing there bitching and neighsaying like a pissed off ex girlfriend, How about you throw some fucking support behind the good guys.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 4:42:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys have to read up on nullification.  None of these laws will hold even a little water.

This is a "Will Not Comply" statement and it has to start somewhere. Many of us have written and Emailed, spoken with our wallets and supported politicians and organizations that will defend our rights. This may be just a statement of principal, but goddammit it is better than rolling the fuck over like some of the states. It starts somewhere, and I for one would like the Fed to recognize that maybe they have pushed to far this time and back off before it does come down to blood and steel.
  So instead of standing there bitching and neighsaying like a pissed of ex girlfriend, How about you throw some fucking support behind the good guys.

I can agree with that.  But I'd rather see states do something useful, like EXPAND gun rights in their states.  THAT will send a message.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 4:44:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a "Will Not Comply" statement and it has to start somewhere. Many of us have written and Emailed, spoken with our wallets and supported politicians and organizations that will defend our rights. This may be just a statement of principal, but goddammit it is better than rolling the fuck over like some of the states. It starts somewhere, and I for one would like the Fed to recognize that maybe they have pushed to far this time and back off before it does come down to blood and steel.
  So instead of standing there bitching and neighsaying like a pissed of ex girlfriend, How about you throw some fucking support behind the good guys.

I can agree with that.  But I'd rather see states do something useful, like EXPAND gun rights in their states.  THAT will send a message.

I agree wholeheartedly, and many are, but this is hopefully the start of swinging the pendulum back, not just on 2A grounds either the Fed has way overstepped its bounds for decades, maybe we can use this as a teachiing moment.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 4:46:22 AM EDT
[#4]
PA said no changes this morning. We will see if they back it ip with language.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 4:49:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Cool I'm moving to Wyoming.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:01:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop putting words in my mouth.

I am just pointing out, what is in the process of happening. Notice how I am not in an elected position and have no say in what legislators due.

But I can observe, and it is getting scary.

It doesn't matter how it worked out. It matters what is happening. Lines are being drawn. It should scare the shit out of most people.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:02:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have seen this type of argument several times, and while it may be true, If the .gov expects the state to enforce/collect records or otherwise implement the unlawful order, maybe they can just say NO. Just as several states have done with obummah care. Why make it easy for them. If we have to suck on it, make em go get it themselves.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:08:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Wife and I are working on that or Idaho. Maybe Texas.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:11:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I have to imagine KY will be on this list soon, at least I hope so.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:12:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Michigan didn't do shit during the last ban.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:18:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

the state legislature was pissed when govenor vetoed the conceal carry on school grounds bill. i imagine they will try to do something like this. i hope anyway

I read yesterday that this will be introduced. How far it will get i don't know...

Edit: it's on the MCRGO facebook page... Again, I hope it goes places, because it's time for MI to become North Texas.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:25:47 AM EDT
[#12]
LOL! They never last past their first winter.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wife and I are working on that or Idaho. Maybe Texas.

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:30:10 AM EDT
[#13]
PA will probably do nothing.

We have a bunch of fudds in this state.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:31:35 AM EDT
[#14]
C'mon Gov. LePage - You told Mr. Obama to go to Hell once...  Lets drop the F-bomb this time!  

MAINE.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:37:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

OK will probably be along shortly.

I can't imagine them not...
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:40:42 AM EDT
[#16]
In Florida, Gov Rick Scott campaigned Pro-2A, including promising the open carry people that he'd support that bill (yeah nothing yet of course). If FL folds now, I'm going to be really pissed.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:41:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
C'mon Gov. LePage - You told Mr. Obama to go to Hell once...  Lets drop the F-bomb this time!  

MAINE.

I hope so!  Then we all nead to write our local TV stations and tell them to shut-up with the non-stop bashing of the 2nd A, and of the governor.  Tell them that the only thing we even watch thier station for anymore is the weather forcast and we can get that someplace else without all the bullshit attached.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:42:07 AM EDT
[#18]
My views on this are we will have a mojority that favor and a majority that dont.  Illinois, California, and New York are the top three on my list...  If the firearms manufacturers and ammo producers rightfully quit saleing ammo in these states it would kill the PD departments and force them to act adjustingly...  The sad but true fact is the pro gun community could easily control what is actually going on and not have a second thought.  Not allowing the citizens of the United States to have their god given rights that our ancestors died for is just stupid...  I hate to say it but keeping ammo period out of these states would make them look else where for it and barter and trade with PD departments and GOV agencies that have it in other states creating a huge inflation for their ammo purchases and breaking the states banks on their own.  When the LE can't actually defend themselves then they will start to have the laws overturned and a reinstatement to the second...  It won't actually take as long as most folks think because we are already in an ammo shortage.  My brother in-law is a cop and told me two days ago that they dropped their qualifying for now down to 10 shots 5 at a certain distance and 5 at another to save ammo and we live in the great state of Texas...  To confirm I went to Cabellas and Academy lastnight just to look for .40 s&w nothing to be found anywhere.  (I am glad I reload for sure now)...  

There will be a few select states that I am sorry to say have a little more bottom feaders than they would like and will be mixed on this idea.  Texas will say F You all day long...  Someones got to keep the border protected at some point.  

Theres a reason they left certain things in the contitution to be governed by states instead of the government with an iron fist...  They had the ability back then to have long periods to think without media, social media, and a million and one other things going on in daily life.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:44:39 AM EDT
[#19]
I would say Sic Semper Tyrannis, but I'm starting to think VA is on the precipice of being lost to the enemy due to NOVA.

You folks in Texas have any room down there? I come well stocked.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:44:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Tag.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:49:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Hopefully we'll get an influx of EBR owners from our neighbor to the north. Maybe from MD & NJ too.

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:49:52 AM EDT
[#22]
This deserves a sticky
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:51:29 AM EDT
[#23]
While I would love to see HB 0042 pass here in Tennessee, I doubt it will. Even if it does, a Class A Misdemeanor is not sufficient. Someone should amend this thing and change Section 1(c) to make it a Class C Felony. That would be closer to the level of punishment that the feds like to hand out to gun owners.

If anyone wants to read the current bill, here is a direct link to the PDF.

HB 0042
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:52:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Proud of Utah. We are king of the Brady's ratings for "bad" states.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:54:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Hopefully WI will not comply.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:12:09 AM EDT
[#26]
I hope that the state of Alabama will throw in again, with the rest of her sister states, and join the fight against the federal government and its ongoing attempts to take away our God given rights. My family has been here since the 1700's. They have fought in the French and Indian wars, the revolution, red stick uprising, they rode with Forrest, fought at Gettysburg and walked home after the surrender. They fought in both world wars, Korea and Vietnam. If it is my time... Then let it be so.

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
Patrick Henry
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:14:45 AM EDT
[#27]
I hope Mississippi joins in!
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:17:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Hello Florida??????   We're the "Gunshine State" remember???
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:49:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Posted on our Governor's official website less than an hour ago, maybe we can go green on that map soon...

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 7:30:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Posted on our Governor's official website less than an hour ago, maybe we can go green on that map soon...

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/580702_538438472842415_762714164_n.jpg

I suddenly wish it were an election year so I could send folks like this campaign contributions.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 7:33:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Florida's legislature only meets for 60 days starting in March.
Although with our governor's dislike of the Fed, I would expect there to be something similar coming.

I would love to see it... but we have alot of liberal shitbag politicians in this state.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Can I suggest that you put an opposing color on the States that have legislation pending/passed for Gun Control?

NY - Passed
MD - Pending

This will create a scorecard of sorts.

I'm not so much interested in "gun control" because you can look at that from so many different angles. What I'm driving at here are states that up and say "fuck you". If I remember correctly, the NRA publishes some good maps on "gun friendliness"

Quoted:
You can add Louisiana to the list.

Link meh?

Quoted:
TN's ahead of the curve. In 2009 we passed a Firearms Freedom Act, exempting weapons made in-state from Federal regulation as long as they stayed inside the state.  The ATF quickly sent out letters to FFL holders telling them to ignore that law.  As far as I know, no one has pushed that issue.

Link meh?

Quoted:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/580702_538438472842415_762714164_n.jpg

I also like the idea of a list of "go to hell" letters. Post them here and I'll make sure that links get added to the OP.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:16:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The wording "by State or Local Law Enforcement" concerns me.

Does that mean that the feds will have free reign?
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:25:36 AM EDT
[#34]
We just passed the strongest 2A amendment to date plus Jindal likes to be Obama's nemesis (if only he was really good at it).  Count us unofficially.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:27:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
We just passed the strongest 2A amendment to date plus Jindal likes to be Obama's nemesis (if only he was really good at it).  Count us unofficially.

Link me and you get on the map.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:32:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you're missing the point.

Ditto.

I want to know that my state will have my back, no matter how far the Feds go in ignoring the Constitution. I could give a rat's ass WHAT people at the Fed level (the three branches) DECIDE is legal. As long as my state government is commited to DEFY illegal laws and orders at ALL costs... that's what I need to know and gives me and others something/someone to rally behind.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Go Tennessee!
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:46:26 AM EDT
[#38]
There was a post on here yesterday where Ark. was doing this also.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:48:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
please, nevada... please...

^This^
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Anyone have info on Florida?
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Florida's legislature only meets for 60 days starting in March.
Although with our governor's dislike of the Fed, I would expect there to be something similar coming.

I sure hope so.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:54:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Keep dividing the state. You will stand alone with your 10 round mags. The term FUDD needs to stop.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#43]
North Carolina had better get on board with this.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 11:56:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Stumbled across this beauty.  It's an interactive map that allows you to click on most states that have bills in the work, or all ready passed.  I noticed the two I am concerned about both mention firearms and ammunition manufactured in the state, so long as it doesn't leave the state is GTG.  Strange...

http://firearmsfreedomact.com/state-by-state/

ETA:  According to the map, we're looking a lot better off than I originally thought...  
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#45]
I am hoping Ohio will be on that map as well...problem is the feds can deny any funding for public works and such. Its a ransom thing
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 12:02:29 PM EDT
[#46]
WV is hopefully heading there...

Hopefully WV will be on the list..

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I was worried mo was going to bend over and take it.  Maybe I lost faith in my states politics to soon.

Guess I need to take the good with the bad....

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/01/missouri-lawmaker-latest-to-propose-violent-games-tax/
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

And the .Fed will do what it always does.....hold federal funds for roads, housing and disaster relief.

As they should be doing to states with AWBs for harming national security by not allowing the militia to maintain proper arms.

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Go Tennessee!

I love being born here
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#50]
I don't have any clout with my local reps after launching an unsuccessful recall campaign against one of them, but I can write to Jindal. He has refused to implement Obamacare so perhaps he can tell Obummer to stick his guns laws as well.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top