Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2013 12:43:58 PM EDT
PHOTOS FROM NEW ‘BULLET TO THE HEAD OF THE NRA’ COMPUTER GAME ARE GRAPHIC AND HORRIFYING

"I really want to shoot Wayne LaPiere in the head in a video game because I’m pissed about how he and others on his side have blamed violence on video games,” the game’s creator wrote. ”This’ll ultimately be a bonus level in the final game, but I want to get it done and released ahead as quickly as possible, in part because I wanna see the man wet his pants on television and bi**h about being victimized in a video game.” - the game's creator

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
PHOTOS FROM NEW ‘BULLET TO THE HEAD OF THE NRA’ COMPUTER GAME ARE GRAPHIC AND HORRIFYING

"I really want to shoot Wayne LaPiere in the head in a video game because I’m pissed about how he and others on his side have blamed violence on video games,” the game’s creator wrote. ”This’ll ultimately be a bonus level in the final game, but I want to get it done and released ahead as quickly as possible, in part because I wanna see the man wet his pants on television and bi**h about being victimized in a video game.” - the game's creator

This reads like an article from the Onion.

Wow, just wow.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, just wow.

Sadly there are a lot of over-opinionated and under-educated douchebags in the industry. Just look at all the feminist multicultural bullshit that gets spouted on Kotaku (spit).

Don't worry, once Im making games I'll fix that shit.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 12:52:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Lookit...

I play a lot of video games.  I play a lot of "violent" video games.

Video games are speech, and they should be protected, just the same as our other rights.

If a gun rights organization doesn't fully understand speech rights, yes, they're wrong, but it's also somewhat outside of their swim lane.  I wouldn't get all bent out of shape over it.

After all, nobody is suggesting or proposing bans on video games.  Yet, we already have bans on guns and magazines.  So...  you tell me which is the credible issue here.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 12:55:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, just wow.

Sadly there are a lot of over-opinionated and under-educated douchebags in the industry. Just look at all the feminist multicultural bullshit that gets spouted on Kotaku (spit).

Don't worry, once Im making games I'll fix that shit.

I am making games and while most of us are rolling our eyes at LaPierre, nobody really gives two fucks what Kotaku writes.

Game journalists are kind of a running gag to game developers.  Kind of like how most gun magazines are to people who shoot for a living.

In other news, whoever made this app is a moron and probably needs to be Baker Act'd.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#7]

indeed it does.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 12:59:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lookit...

I play a lot of video games.  I play a lot of "violent" video games.

Video games are speech, and they should be protected, just the same as our other rights.

If a gun rights organization doesn't fully understand speech rights, yes, they're wrong, but it's also somewhat outside of their swim lane.  I wouldn't get all bent out of shape over it.

After all, nobody is suggesting or proposing bans on video games.  Yet, we already have bans on guns and magazines.  So...  you tell me which is the credible issue here.

they arent.... yet.
Video games DO NOT make people mindless zombies and brainwash them into mass murder. They could easily 'teach' someone with a mental disorder right from wrong and what is and isnt precious (life). they often do glorify death and war, as if no sacrifice is made during those events.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#9]
The Real Bullet in the Head of the NRA will be if they abandon Us New Yorker's & let this unconstitutional ban stay in place.
Because gun grabbers in the White House & every State House in the Nation  are just chomping at the bit to follow prince Andy's lead!
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 1:10:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Real Bullet in the Head of the NRA will be if they abandon Us New Yorker's & let this unconstitutional ban stay in place.
Because gun grabbers in the White House & every State House in the Nation  are just chomping at the bit to follow prince Andy's lead!

What would you have the NRA do?  Take over the state house by force and start rewriting legislation?

The NRA is a lobbying organization not super legislature.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Free speech
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#12]
So you want the NRA to do everything while you sit here on ar15.com and bitch about it?

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 2:22:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What would you have the NRA do?  Take over the state house by force and start rewriting legislation?

This.  The NRA is not some all powerful god-like entity.  In states that have gone commie, they have almost no real influence.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  The NRA is not some all powerful god-like entity.  In states that have gone commie, they have almost no real influence.  

Look at the Heavy Hitters organizations list.  The NRA ranks number 50.

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 2:28:34 PM EDT
[#15]
So, who's going to hack that server and replace LaPierre with Cuomo?

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You left off losers. They are losers. That's what they appear to be best at. The other side is winning the story war. The NRA had 1 muddled press conference. Since then, I've seen admiral stockdale on a few shows but nothing of substance.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#17]
"Graphic" and "horrifying"? Man, I hesitate to think what would happen if Erica Ritz ever played Soldier of Fortune or its sequel. That is some weak Quake II-looking shit, man.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That would be an interesting experiment certain to create another "David Gregory" moment when the gov demonstrates laws are only for the opposition.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Iif any liberal was targeted instead of the NRA the game-creator would be facing serious legal repercussions.

Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be an interesting experiment certain to create another "David Gregory" moment when the gov demonstrates laws are only for the opposition.

exactly.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Battlefield 3 rocks!
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#21]
I believe there might be something to this whole "video games create violent psychopaths" thing.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:07:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I believe there might be something to this whole "video games create violent psychopaths" thing.

Not sure if serious.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Free speech

Sorry, there is no way the framers of the constitution could foresee video games. We need some common sense, reasonable controls. I'm not talking about taking away anybody's Donkey Kongs or Pac Man's, but you do not need to fantasize about killing humans while you fine tune your eye/hand coordination.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:12:10 PM EDT
[#24]
It was dumb of Wayne & co to deflect blame for the CT shootings onto video games, but this is something that is full retard.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at the Heavy Hitters organizations list.  The NRA ranks number 50.

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

Read that list and you'll understand why the country is fucked up.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Because gun grabbers in the White House & every State House in the Nation are just chomping at the bit to follow prince Andy's lead!

I agree, we have to push back and try to stop this attack now. You all are not on the front line, you are in no man territory! I believe that a lot of 2A supporters almost feel that NY deserves this. We have to be willing to fight to the death, even if it feels like a lost cause. We are next,people!!!

On the NRA's releasing this game. I do wish that they would really just focus on where and what the battle is. I believe that this release was a mistake and just gives the impression that 2A supporters are out of touch!!!!

As a 2A supporter and NRA member, I will say that it irritates me that they would release some stupid game as NY burns!
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Those graphics are shit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure if serious.

I'm completely serious.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#29]
NRA = National Republican Army ?
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:25:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Terrorism.  Why doesn't los federales arrest the creator?
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#31]
I wonder where they got their idea.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Dupe

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Voting has consequenceses.  It might not be your vote but a VAST majority of your fellow New Yorks voted these lef wing zelots in.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#34]
He must be getting to them.

The NRA should go for 10 million members.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:30:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It was dumb of Wayne & co to deflect blame for the CT shootings onto video games, but this is something that is full retard.

I have to agree with that.  It was stupid.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:31:56 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I agree!  And, on top of that, we had the NY legislators steal what little was left of the Second Amendment from our NY brothers. I just wished they would stop and think before they do boneheaded thing like this again.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure if serious.

I'm completely serious.

Perhaps.  If so, it would be in such a small percentage of people as to be, insignificant.  There are always those who are easily led and, influenced.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:40:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The usual suspects of course.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Over the last two decades homicides have dropped, while the kids learned to play violent video games . . . and Americans became better armed then ever before.

I recall the homicide stats from sometime in the mid 80s . . . 4 per 100,000 for non-hispanic whites and 34 per 100,000 for blacks. Now those have dropped to 2.5 and 17, respectively.

The violent video game generation is probably the least violent generation in history.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:44:57 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure if serious.

I'm completely serious.

How do you feel about heavy metal?  In particular, how do you feel about Judas Priest?

What's your take on Quentin Tarantino movies like Pulp Fiction?

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Could have easily been avoided had the NRA not gone full retard in their response to the shooting.

Fudds.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Oh fuck off. Blaming video games for societal ills is like blaming guns for violence... STUPID.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Free speech

Sorry, there is no way the framers of the constitution could foresee video games. We need some common sense, reasonable controls. I'm not talking about taking away anybody's Donkey Kongs or Pac Man's, but you do not need to fantasize about killing humans while you fine tune your eye/hand coordination.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top