Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2013 8:07:55 AM EDT
A small business owner in Vernal, Utah, is raising eyebrows with a controversial policy surrounding how much he charges liberals and conservatives for smoothies. George Burnett, owner of “I Love Drilling Juice & Smoothie Bar,” has implemented a price structure in which liberals pay more for their drinks than their conservative counterparts.

Burnett, an advocate who is known locally for his support of the energy market (just look at the name of his smoothie bar), has made no bones about his plans to charge liberals $1 more for their fruit-filled drinks.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 8:09:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd charge more.

But I applaud his brass.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Name of the store is "I love drilling juice & smoothie bar"?

Hahaha, well done.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Brilliant way to out the commies.

"Like, that is so, like, unfair and stuff man! Like, I deserve to have a lower price, cause like, man, it's not American to charge me more.......Uh, DEATH TO AMERICA!"

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 8:13:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Smoothies for liberals should get a shot of banana cream sauce.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 8:14:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Smoothies for liberals should get a shot of banana cream sauce.

That made me lol.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 8:15:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Funny.

But my question is, does he ask people when they walk through the door what their side is?  I mean, if people know, why not just say I'm not a leftist and pay $1 less?
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 8:18:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Funny.

But my question is, does he ask people when they walk through the door what their side is?  I mean, if people know, why not just say I'm not a leftist and pay $1 less?

Because the lefty scum are too stupid to do that. They don't know how to shut up, they will proclaim their side and scream injustice.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 8:20:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Funny.

Bumper stickers in the drive thru?
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Outstanding.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 8:26:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Guy has a big sign in his shop that says, "LIBERALS PAY MORE HERE!"   Vernal, the town the smoothie shop is in, is in the Uintah Basin.  Lot's of energy production in the area.  I imagine if someone admits to being a Lib they'll get charged the extra buck, but it's mostly marketing.  Clever marketing.

The story here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top