Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:44:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I think I've added one or two more people to the group on top of the others I recruited.

Has everyone posted a thread in their respective HTFs?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I think I've added one or two more people to the group on top of the others I recruited.

I didn't post it, but there is a 3 page thread in the THTF.  The facebook page for the event has 2600 likes and 1000 rsvps for the event itself.  

We will see what sort of numbers that translates into, after the folks who click but don't go and the folks who go but don't click are added into that.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:49:04 AM EDT
[#3]
i'm trying to get people at my work to go. i don't know how many actually will. so we will see. I will most likely be in dress Shirts/pants with an NRA hat on. I am not sure you will be allowed to open carry during this because of the fact that Louisiana law prohibits "carry during a demonstration or rally for which a government permit has been issued" i'm still not sure if that is only for CCW or for both. i will have mine in my car and if the waters are favorable can always strap up.

Cap morgan, whats ur take on the laws that might be a problem for us.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:49:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Any info on the NC protest

Seem everyone is more interested in the gun show than protesting.

Free
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:50:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Free

Tell them if they want gun shows next year, they should go to the rally instead.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:57:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe my tinfoil is on - but I'm concerned about one of these events having operatives present to stir up trouble.

I've been having the same thoughts all day, you aren't the only one. I can see some leftist fire off a few shots to cause confusion and the right get blamed for it.

Hey guys I understand your concerns, but it just might be time to put on your big girl panty's.

Already said I would be there, but I'll be going commando. Any people in Mid-Mo need a ride let me know and I will see what I can do.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:00:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

i'm trying to get people at my work to go. i don't know how many actually will. so we will see. I will most likely be in dress Shirts/pants with an NRA hat on. I am not sure you will be allowed to open carry during this because of the fact that Louisiana law prohibits "carry during a demonstration or rally for which a government permit has been issued" i'm still not sure if that is only for CCW or for both. i will have mine in my car and if the waters are favorable can always strap up.

I'm no law expert, but what I read, it is illegal to carry at a permitted event and it is illegal to carry on the Capitol Building property.  Some or all of that could be incorrect, but as far as I'm concerned either "concealed means concealed" or leave it in the car.

Freefall, there's a gunshow in our area, too.  I know a few people interested in going there rather than to the rally.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:08:36 AM EDT
[#8]
My family and I will be at the AZ State Capitol. My kids need to understand the power of the people, and know that its our responsibility to stand up for what we believe in. They need to understand that doing nothing is NOT an option, and there are some things more important in this country than video games, tv, and pop-tarts.

I told my oldest that if he ever wants to get my guns when I'm ready to hand them down, that he may not have that option.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:14:21 AM EDT
[#9]
i am going, anyone got NC raleigh info? location/time?

thanks
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:21:42 AM EDT
[#10]
the organization of pro 2A is pathetic...
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Will be in Columbus, Ohio on Saturday!
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:34:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

thanks

At the capitol building at noon.  The location may "officially" be shifted but it should be in a reasonable proximity to the front steps.  Just show up.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:39:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks

At the capitol building at noon.  The location may "officially" be shifted but it should be in a reasonable proximity to the front steps.  Just show up.  

i found this
NC Raleigh

noon, location seems to be "Halifax Mall 300 N Salisbury St, Raleigh, North Carolina 27603"
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:01:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm no law expert, but what I read, it is illegal to carry at a permitted event and it is illegal to carry on the Capitol Building property.  Some or all of that could be incorrect, but as far as I'm concerned either "concealed means concealed" or leave it in the car.  

Freefall, there's a gunshow in our area, too.  I know a few people interested in going there rather than to the rally.

ill be doing both. maybe not the same day but maybe sun. morning. ill chuckle at the bare tables.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:15:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Wife and I will be foing to the Atlanta rally.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:40:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Information for the LA Peeps (and a bump to this thread)

Location, parking, et. al. (open in new tab for larger pic)

If any of you out-of-towners need directions or anything, just hit me up (IM works, but if you send me an email, I'll get it on my phone), and I'll do what I can to help.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Time for people are starting to get home from work and might see this bump.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#18]
btt
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Foing, bringing my gf, and two friends.  5hr drive can't really afford it but damn I'll be there.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 12:10:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Are people taking their kids to this?

Or is this one of those cases where after the pepper spray, tear gas and hickory shampoo are dispensed, folks point out the stupidity of the man taking children to a gun rally?

PLEASE bring your family.  We need to show the people who are undecided that we're not nuts.  That were red blooded americans, businessmen, family men.  And suprisingly... ordinary :D

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Free

Amazing ain't it.  Yeesh.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 12:12:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Google

Guns Across America North Carolina.
Go check the facebook page to find out who your organizer is and what public speakers you have.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm going to Richmond tomorrow with two of my coworkers. I'm out here in VA right now for work.

Any reason not to CCW for this event tomorrow?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My family and I will be at the AZ State Capitol. My kids need to understand the power of the people, and know that its our responsibility to stand up for what we believe in. They need to understand that doing nothing is NOT an option, and there are some things more important in this country than video games, tv, and pop-tarts.

I told my oldest that if he ever wants to get my guns when I'm ready to hand them down, that he may not have that option.

I'll be there with at least one other guy.

Look for us with these signs:

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 1:57:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be there with at least one other guy.

Look for us with these signs:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn10/webphotoalbum/20130118_154413_zpsf439ad23.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn10/webphotoalbum/20130118_154415_zpsece15af5.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn10/webphotoalbum/20130118_154418_zpsc8b4b5c8.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn10/webphotoalbum/20130118_154420_zps9f0b9b4b.jpg

I like your style.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#27]
I can't do a nice corporate sign like the occutards, so I whipped this one up:

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Gun show better not be your choice Saturday At least not untill after 2pm.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Just remember y'all.  Spell check your signs or you will be plastered all over the internet.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#30]
btt
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Denver better be ready. FBHO.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#32]
I have my car full of friends, I was gonna dress nice but it is far too cold in Albany, im wearing jeans and Carhart.  Should fit in with the rest of the rednecks just fine
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 3:38:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Free

there's no reason ppl can't spare 1 hour from gun show to the rally, locations are real close, besides there ain't much to see in gun show with all the crazy prices
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 3:42:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Is it illegal to bring tar and feathers?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 3:45:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I kinda think we should be asking you that.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 3:45:51 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm going with several others, Butler County PA.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

they'll probably see that as a threat
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#38]
BTT
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

they'll probably see that as a threat

How about pitchforks and torches?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#40]
btt      Bueller,Bueller?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:09:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I can't do a nice corporate sign like the occutards, so I whipped this one up:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/liveforhuntin/image_zpsd62d26c1.jpg

IN not UN
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:24:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Maybe my tinfoil is on - but I'm concerned about one of these events having operatives present to stir up trouble.

Agent provocateurs are common place in demonstrations to try and undermine the cause - just be alert and out them if you see one.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm going.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:31:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Going to the one at the State House next to Boston Common, Boston, MA, tomorrow at noon.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Free

https://www.facebook.com/events/288626627926024/?ref=ts&fref=ts
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

thanks

https://www.facebook.com/events/288626627926024/?ref=ts&fref=ts
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still going.  In fact, I've recruited a couple people from around the office to go as well.  

Fortunately, whether our state has a strong showing or not shouldn't matter too much.  We're very pro gun already, so I expect some apathy from the locals to the tune of "Why bother."

For anyone attending, this the approved rally area:

ETA:  I would like to add that a permit was issued for this gathering.  From what I've read, it will therefore be illegal to carry at this event.  

How fucking retarded is it that we need a permit to assemble, and can't carry at a rally about the 2nd amendment.   Fuck that.

Permits to assemble and 'free speech zones' for protesters ... seriously, wtf have we become?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Spammed a bunch of State groups on Facebook with it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#49]
I just want to thank everybody that's going for stepping up and doing what you can.This is just a first step in going to rally's and if there are others in the future, if possible I will be there.

The one that I will be there with bells on, is if they have a demonstration in Washington DC.If you happen to see info on any rally for our Constitutional rights please make sure to post it up so others will have a choice to attend.

Don't forget to bring a camera if you have one so we can post pictures and see how it went in all the states that had the rally.

One other thing is to be careful in what you say if asked questions by the media,I know that most on this site are smart enough not to be baited into saying something that could hurt our cause,but as you know the media are a bunch of liberal cock suckers for the most part and will try to get a sound bite they can use against us ,so be careful and think about what you are saying.

This is serious biddness but don't forget to have some fun while doing this task.

Again for everyone that is going ,Thank You. For the people that have tons of excuses why they can't make it .....Meh.

!!!!!! THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED !!!!!!

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#50]
I deal with the media a lot in my day job.

The best thing is to NOT talk to the media.

The media are NOT your friends.

The reporter may be cute, and she may seem sympathetic, but she knows what her editors want her to say.

Your words WILL be twisted.

Your image will be misused.You might even see your face posed in pictures such a way as to make you look bad.

Best thing to do with the media is: NO MATTER WHAT, say, "No comment." and look away.

Anything else can and will be used against you in the court of public opinion.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top