Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/12/2013 8:57:47 PM EDT
Just today, I ran into one of these dangerous old men, at the local gun shop. Needless to say, he was irate over the current state of affairs. He also mentioned the numerous weapon proficiencies that he had acquired during his time in Vietnam.  He didn't sound too pleased about Cuomo taking his rifles either and made a few veiled threats.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/01/dangerous_old_men.html

There are over twenty-five million veterans in the United States -- among them many Walt Kowalskis -- and most of them are gun owners.  Some of them remember the horrors of the concentration camps and of communism.  Others are from the Vietnam era and remember what awaited them when they came home.  They see John Kerry, the same man who threw his medals over the White House fence and was photographed with Jane Fonda and the North Vietnamese, nominated as secretary of state.  They remember.  ObamaCare, where you get painkillers instead of treatment because you are old?  They have heard this.  They have been spat at and vilified before, and now, with time running out for them, and the America that they knew seemingly fading away, many will say, "At one time, I was asked to write a check to my country for up to and including my life.  Do I need to do it again?"

You would be surprised at what you can overhear at the VFW, or even the "early bird dinner," for that matter.  Thanks to the "War on Terror," there are also many younger combat veterans, many from a lineage of soldiers.  They know that old people can be stubborn, and "the government threw grandpa in jail because he didn't turn in his guns" will not go over well.  As an older friend of mine whom I see at Denny's on occasion tells me, "I'm just sayin'."

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:11:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The supeising part the past few weeks isn't what I've heard, but who's been saying it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:15:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I overhear a lot of crazy shit when I eat at Denny's too.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:18:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I overhear a lot of crazy shit when I eat at DennyRyans's too.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#4]
The line in the sand
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:21:11 PM EDT
[#5]
My dad was one of those guys . WW2 101st airborne D-day vet, did market garden, fought in Israel in 48 , volunteered to go to Korea but was turned down due to 2 war wounds. Fought for the CIA in the mid 50's as a contractor, provided.guns for the bay of pigs.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I know a retired Marine with an incurable disease and no family.  He said some stuff.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I overhear a lot of crazy shit when I eat at DennyRyans's too.

Oh that reminds me of when I used to work there, had the strangest encounter in the bathroom,......
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The line in the sand

Not one more inch?
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My dad was one of those guys . WW2 101st airborne D-day vet, did market garden, fought in Israel in 48 , volunteered to go to Korea but was turned down due to 2 war wounds. Fought for the CIA in the mid 50's as a contractor, provided.guns for the bay of pigs.

Market Garden and Bay of Pigs??? wow.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#10]
The clusterfuck is a motherfucking bullet away.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The supeising part the past few weeks isn't what I've heard, but who's been saying it.

Yep.

Folks I never suspected as having a line, are getting concerned about it bieng crossed.
Older Farmers, Teachers, Cops, a Minister, several business owners, and a couple folks in the family that always looked at my collection and hobby, as a bit eccentric.
Never thought I'd hear the stuff I'm hearing, from those folks.

Whatever happens, this is not going to end the way the left thinks it will.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The line in the sand

Not one more inch?

" />
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:40:05 PM EDT
[#13]
More talk than action. The ones who may do something aren't talking shit at the gun store. Just a guess.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:40:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Just today, I ran into one of these dangerous old men, at the local gun shop. Needless to say, he was irate over the current state of affairs. He also mentioned the numerous weapon proficiencies that he had acquired during his time in Vietnam.  He didn't sound too pleased about Cuomo taking his rifles either and made a few veiled threats.

There are over twenty-five million veterans in the United States -- among them many Walt Kowalskis -- and most of them are gun owners.  Some of them remember the horrors of the concentration camps and of communism.  Others are from the Vietnam era and remember what awaited them when they came home.  They see John Kerry, the same man who threw his medals over the White House fence and was photographed with Jane Fonda and the North Vietnamese, nominated as secretary of state.  They remember.  ObamaCare, where you get painkillers instead of treatment because you are old?  They have heard this.  They have been spat at and vilified before, and now, with time running out for them, and the America that they knew seemingly fading away, many will say, "At one time, I was asked to write a check to my country for up to and including my life.  Do I need to do it again?"

You would be surprised at what you can overhear at the VFW, or even the "early bird dinner," for that matter.  Thanks to the "War on Terror," there are also many younger combat veterans, many from a lineage of soldiers.  They know that old people can be stubborn, and "the government threw grandpa in jail because he didn't turn in his guns" will not go over well.  As an older friend of mine whom I see at Denny's on occasion tells me, "I'm just sayin'."

What worries me isn't the ones talking.  What worries me is the ones who are quietly making sure their gear is set.  As was noted elsewhere, people aren't buying every military type weapon used in the past 100 years to hang on the wall, they're buying them because they expect a war.  

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

Folks I never suspected as having a line, are getting concerned about it bieng crossed.

Older Farmers, Teachers, Cops, a Minister, several business owners, and a couple folks in the family that always looked at my collection and hobby, as a bit eccentric.

Never thought I'd hear the stuff I'm hearing, from those folks.

Whatever happens, this is not going to end the way the left thinks it will.

This.  It's nothing specific, just an occasional comment that tells you where their mind is.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#16]
WWII vet, 82nd Airborne, called into Savage the other night from my home town. It was interesting to hear...
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What worries me isn't the ones talking.  What worries me is the ones who are quietly making sure their gear is set.  As was noted elsewhere, people aren't buying every military type weapon used in the past 100 years to hang on the wall, they're buying them because they expect a war.  

Too secure peace is to prepare for war.  

Dangerous old men.... are not to be fucked with.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I've been listening to this shit since Clinton was elected and it went on steroids circa lead up to the 94 awb.   If there's one thing I've learned over the years is "Go" aint gonna.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:47:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I know a retired Marine with an incurable disease and no family.  He said some stuff.

This makes it a hell of a lot easier to cross the line.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I've been listening to this shit since Clinton was elected and it went on steroids circa lead up to the 94 awb.   If there's one thing I've learned over the years is "Go" aint gonna.

McVeigh fent.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Too secure peace is to prepare for war.  

Dangerous old men.... are not to be fucked with.

True. I don't care what credentials or certification one has, there is an increased element of danger when you engage an enemy that has no concern for themselves.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You're not the only one.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:54:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're not the only one.

Yep. Things are happening. Quietly and without a drum.

This will be a most interesting year

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:54:17 PM EDT
[#24]
These dangerous old men may be random old nut jobs or the salt of the earth, when I get another 30 years on me maybe I will attempt to judge.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

McVeigh fent.

And he became an evil piece of shit to everyone, even the guys talking hard shit.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I sure as heck hope you got him to write a book.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:06:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

McVeigh fent.

And he became an evil piece of shit to everyone, even the guys talking hard shit.

I in no way condone what he did. However, if he had hit a certain alcohol, firearm, tobacco, and explosives agency, instead of murdering a bunch of children and .gov BS employees who had nothing to do with waco or ruby ridge or the AWB, he may not be as villified in our culture as he is by everyone.

He can burn in shit stew for eternity, though, for what he did.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:06:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This is more due to viable targets than anything else I think. People who have lived their whole life trying not to hurt innocent people just don't one day change, they want a way to hurt who they see as the enemy without hurting any innocents. That is why people have the fantasy of jackbooted thugs going door to door, because then the lines are very clear that way.

If people are serious about fighting when a ban comes, either state or federal, then they are going to either have to determine valid targets or assure someone is sent to their door to get their guns. The question is what is a valid target, is a police station where many of the officers are likely pro gun but their leaders aren't a valid target, is a politician's office a valid target? What exactly is the type of target that would separate an attacker as a freedom fighter from a terrorist?
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#29]
We managed to water down the 94 ban to where it really didn't mean much to most people, it was a minor nuisance really. Everyone who wanted an AR, AK or M1A and high cap mags had them, they just didn't have a bayonet lug and the mags cost more. No one considered not having a bayo lug as Fo time.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

McVeigh fent.

He Fo'ed incorrectly.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:09:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Thread needs more Samuel Whittemore.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Whittemore
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#32]
I won't be surprised if we start seeing elderly/terminally ill etc. going out style.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:12:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

McVeigh fent.

He Fo'ed incorrectly.

This. People need to know how to fo correctly or it will never happen. We almost need rules on who we would support and who we wouldn't.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:13:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Just wait until Obama seizes 401(k) and Social Security benefits so he can give more to the FSA.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I overhear a lot of crazy shit when after I eat at Denny's too.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:15:51 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

McVeigh fent.

He Fo'ed incorrectly.

This. People need to know how to fo correctly or it will never happen. We almost need rules on who we would support and who we wouldn't.

The media will paint anyone who fo's, legitimately or not, as evil and crazy. Even their family-members will probably see them that way. It would be a hard road to walk, for sure.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:17:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

McVeigh fent.

He Fo'ed incorrectly.

The media will paint anyone who fo's, legitimately or not, as evil and crazy. Even their family-members will probably see them that way. It would be a hard road to walk, for sure.

We as gun owners already live by a different set of rules than the media. People need to know their peers would support them.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:23:19 PM EDT
[#38]
I imagine there are quite a few old timers who just don't give a shit anymore. They may very well be the ones who gets this ball rolling. The problem is, when some of them do, everyone will be watching it on TV, and  as they are taken out by the government, and the press portrays them as kooks, prolly even people here will call them "just another idiot with a gun".
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#39]
I worry that this thread could cause a few phones to ring and a few "requests to come down and answer a few questions about what you heard and who you heard say it" could come of it.

My guess is that a few of the powers that be know that they are indeed playing with fire and as a result are being extra diligent. Things that in normal times would get dismissed as idle chatter might warrant a looksee given the current climate.

Choose your words carefully and think long and hard before you post conversations you had with other people in "the real world" on a public forum.

I do wonder if they are poking at people on purpose in hopes that some of the louder voices slip up and say something that warrants a criminal investigation. Imagine what a coup it would be if they could get Hannity, Rush, Beck etc off the air under the auspice of them inciting some form of "terrorism".

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:26:37 PM EDT
[#40]

I know a few Vietnam vets that are steamin mad about the gungrabber's potential play. They may be old and out of shape, but these guys grew up in a time when true rifle marksmanship was taught, and they fed thier families and lined thier pockets by use of thier rifles. Then they went to war, saw some serious shit, came home and were labeled baby killers and spat upon. They've been bitter toward the left wing facists for a long time and ain't taking thier shit anymore.

Hopefully it won't come to it, but push comes to shove, I have a feeling a lot of blue voting cities are going to be on, and under, fire.

That said, I really don't think anything is going to happen unless POTUS tries to alter 2nd Amendment through executive order, which we all know is illegal as all fuck. Short of that its gonna take 3/4 of the states (38) to ratify any Amendment and that simply isn't happening. I also don't se any renewed '94 AWB or completely new AWB simply because I don't think the Dems are willing to hand over 20+ years of GOP control in the House, Senate and POTUS. Given the current climate out here, it is political suicide for anyone voting for a ban. But, I've been wrong before, so we'll see in the next couple of months.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#41]
There's a lot of people back home nowadays who experienced 'politics as a contact sport' downrange.  That's not to say a lot of people want to play.  One can start the game.  Let's hope (s)he stays in the bleachers.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

McVeigh fent.

I in no way condone what he did. However, if he had hit a certain alcohol, firearm, tobacco, and explosives agency, instead of murdering a bunch of children and .gov BS employees who had nothing to do with waco or ruby ridge or the AWB, he may not be as villified in our culture as he is by everyone.

He can burn in shit stew for eternity, though, for what he did.

I don't think he did it alone. In fact, the co-conspirator Terry Nichols stated that Larry Potts of the FBI was directing McVeigh. Nichols even went as far to write a long letter to then Bush Admin AG John Ashcroft requesting an opportunity to provide a detailed account of McVeigh's accomplices. Ashcroft, being the scumbag that he is, then placed a gag order on the imprisoned Nichols, forbidding him access to the press. The lesson? Power protects power no matter the party:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/660197443/Nichols-says-bombing-was-FBI-op.html?pg=all

The most shocking allegation in the 19-page signed declaration is Nichols' assertion that the whole bombing plot was an FBI operation and that McVeigh let slip during a bout of anger that he was taking instruction from former FBI official Larry Potts.

Potts was no stranger to anti-government confrontations, having been the lead FBI agent at Ruby Ridge in 1992, which led to the shooting death of Vicki Weaver, the wife of separatist Randy Weaver. Potts also was reportedly involved in the 51-day siege of the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas in 1993, which resulted in a fire that killed 81 Branch Davidian followers.

Potts retired from the FBI under intense pressure and criticism for the cover-up of an order to allow agents to shoot anyone seen leaving the Weaver cabin at Ruby Ridge.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

McVeigh fent.

He Fo'ed incorrectly.

That's what I wonder, If it came down to it what would it look like?
If a citizen or groups of citizens where to fo how would they do it?
Who would they target? What is an acceptable target in this hypothetical situation? The politicians who push the agenda? The media that supports it? The men actively enforcing it? Their families? Those known to be politically sympathetic to the cause? To be effective would the targets have to be people at all? Could they target power and transportation infrastructure? Attack the  property and businesses of those previously listed? Attack through electronic means?

What would it look like?
That's what I would like to know.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This.

Including some very pissed off locals with badges.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I worry that this thread could cause a few phones to ring and a few "requests to come down and answer a few questions about what you heard and who you heard say it" could come of it.

My guess is that a few of the powers that be know that they are indeed playing with fire and as a result are being extra diligent. Things that in normal times would get dismissed as idle chatter might warrant a looksee given the current climate.

Choose your words carefully and think long and hard before you post conversations you had with other people in "the real world" on a public forum.

I do wonder if they are poking at people on purpose in hopes that some of the louder voices slip up and say something that warrants a criminal investigation. Imagine what a coup it would be if they could get Hannity, Rush, Beck etc off the air under the auspice of them inciting some form of "terrorism".

They are free to come by.  And I am free to tell them to go fuck themselves.

I have always been more than willing to tell the 'feds' who I am.  In the grand scheme of things, I am unimportant.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:34:17 PM EDT
[#46]
My grandpa fought in WWII, my dad in Vietnam, and me in Iraq.  After seeing the VFW and the American Legion I don't see alot of people under 40 at the events. As for government I just say "whatever" I am going to do what I do with my experience and firearms.  My only regret was not serving more than 1 tour because I wanted college and a career.  Most veterans want to move on with their life and forget the past.  I don't see many of the old men as capable because many move on with their lives and forget the skills they learned while in.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:36:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Main thing that worries me about all this is that President Obama actually believes the stuff he's spouting.    

He honestly thinks he's smarter than anyone that comes at him with logic and (insert blah blah blah here).

He's an arrogant *.* that thinks he knows best what you really want but don't know it.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:36:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Yea its pretty profound "who" is saying this. I'm optimistic but its clear we are heading downward. I think for the first time since the establishment of the US that a number of people are awakening to the realities of the situation. I sincerely believe and see people at least are seriously thinking of about the effects of an over reaching fed.gov and realizing what that entails in terms of stopping it.

I agree, people have to have a gut-check, and its serves no purpose to post vids about it or brag about it. Anyone/everyone that truly embraces, supports, lives by the oath taken when enlisting, are going to be on the same page when faced with the reality of where we're heading.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:36:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

McVeigh fent.

the guy that flew his personal plane into the local IRS building definitely fent. AND he was a liberal.

Sooo... extrapolate from that what you will.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:39:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is more due to viable targets than anything else I think. People who have lived their whole life trying not to hurt innocent people just don't one day change, they want a way to hurt who they see as the enemy without hurting any innocents. That is why people have the fantasy of jackbooted thugs going door to door, because then the lines are very clear that way.

If people are serious about fighting when a ban comes, either state or federal, then they are going to either have to determine valid targets or assure someone is sent to their door to get their guns. The question is what is a valid target, is a police station where many of the officers are likely pro gun but their leaders aren't a valid target, is a politician's office a valid target? What exactly is the type of target that would separate an attacker as a freedom fighter from a terrorist?

"You have to pass it to see what's in it."

"Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in!"

Mayors Against Illegal Guns

etc.

Seems clear enough
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top