Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 26
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't agree with yanking a permit due to saying stupid things that are clearly hyperbole, but at the same time, our friend Yeager should definitely learn when the STFU.  What is that saying...discretion is the better part of valor (or stupidity and bravery are not the same thing).

Can we stop talking about this nut?  I had an ex-girlfriend that was crazy like this and I just don't need the reminders.

Bald and bug-eyed?

Buck Angel.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:44:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Okay, seriously you all need to think.  Anyone that posted "molon labe" or "cold dead hands" on the Internet can have your permits yanked.  Merely for exercising your 1st A.  Enough with the "oh, he dumb" type comments and wake the fuck up.

That's the heart of the matter.  He said something a lot of people don't like.  It's not popular.  Yet it was not illegal.

Is that not the EXACT speech the First Amendment seeks to protect?  

And here we are, saying "Well, that's what you get."

WHAT. THE. FUCK.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Would this be "one more inch?"
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:45:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't think what he did is very smart. If they did yank his permit as punishment for what he said I would like to know what kind of punishment these guys received:

Donald Kaul called for the death of gun owners

http://texasgopvote.com/sites/default/files/Don%20Kaul%20-%20Cold%20Dead%20Fingers2.jpg

David Gregory clearly broke a DC law possessing a 30 round magazine Banana Clip

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/David-Gregory-magazine1-620x345.jpeg

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:45:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude didn't do anything wrong.

I'm in for his defense fund.

Oh, and nice going arfcom, blaming the victim when he's stripped of his 2nd amendment rights.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeager be actin' all cray.

My dog is looking at me like WTF.... my sides hurt... thanks..
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tenn. also took away the preppers stuff that appeared on doomsday preppers

BAD NEIGHBOR STATE, BAD

LINK?

http://offgridsurvival.com/doomsdayprepperdeclaredmentaldefective/

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'd defend him.

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Well this certainly is an interesting development.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
First amendment and all that.

I'll donate to his legal fund to fight this. Though he lacks tact I do not believe what he said falls outside of the right of free speach.

Why not take that same money and funnel it to the NRA?

This guy's harming our cause, not helping. I wouldn't give him a dime.

I'm all for defending rights. But let's get our priorities straight. The 2A is far more important that Yeager's personal rights, which through his own actions he brought to jeapordy.

We've gained more in court fights than via political lobbying recently.

So you think that a court case involving Yeager and his revoked permit would be used by the media to cast gun owners in a postive light?

No. I think him losing in local court and winning in appeals court would establish case law making it impossible for the state to deny rights under the 2nd for exercising the first.  We lost the media fight years ago. We've been winning in the courts.

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:46:41 PM EDT
[#12]
That isn't tyrannical and doesn't lend credibility to Yeager's sentiments at all.

Careful what you say... It may be you they come after next.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
what an idiot

I agree.  People should not be allowed to speak out like that.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Oh, and nice going arfcom, blaming the victim when he's stripped of his 2nd amendment rights.

His rant provided valuable ammunitiion to the antis in the middle of a legal fight we need to win.

You're asking me to care for the 2A rights of someone who's helping the goverment take mine away.

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:48:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'd defend him.

I'd take his $ too.....why not stick with a level headed gun owner that isn't talking about starting to kill people on youtube.....yeah it sounds that bad.

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:49:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, seriously you all need to think.  Anyone that posted "molon labe" or "cold dead hands" on the Internet can have your permits yanked.  Merely for exercising your 1st A.  Enough with the "oh, he dumb" type comments and wake the fuck up.

That's the heart of the matter.  He said something a lot of people don't like.  It's not popular.  Yet it was not illegal.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

If the time comes and, God forbid, you are ever forced to defend the Constitution, remember this.

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

His rant provided valuable ammunitiion to the antis in the middle of a legal fight we need to win.

You're asking me to care for the 2A rights of someone who's helping the goverment take mine away.

So don't exercise your 1st, or you'll lose your 2nd which is to defend the 1st?  
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

We can rally around him, contribute to his legal fund and try to prevent the state from doing this to others or we can post "haha" and "dumbass" pics.

I dont always agree with the cases my local gun rights groups take on. Some of the defendents are shady, but you need standing to challange a bad law and its the shady guys that end up with standing. so we fight for their rights even if we dont much like the guy who brought the issue to a court fight.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeagar is an idiot, that being said. This is 100% bullshit, I hope he sue's the shit out of the state.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:49:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'd defend him.

He said in his video yesterday he didn't need any legal advice... guess he was wrong...
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Yeager's comments were unwise and childish in my opinion.

That does not, in any way, shape or form, legitimize denying him his right to keep and bear arms.

Quoted:

Right there with you.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Feel good bull shite.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They suspended his CPL for expressing his first amendment rights? Hoooo boy...

Yep, but in DC...
"...our recognition that the intent of the temporary possession and short display of the magazine was to promote the First Amendment purpose of informing an ongoing public debate about firearms policy in the United States, especially while this subject was foremost in the minds of the public following the previously mentioned events in Connecticut and the President’s speech to the nation about them."
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:51:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:51:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Well if he needs a new job maybe he can take up pro wrestling and maybe get some tips from Hulk Hogan,cause that's what he reminds me of when he talks.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Oh, so in.

YUUUUUUUUUPPPP!!!!

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So don't exercise your 1st, or you'll lose your 2nd which is to defend the 1st?  

Whatever man. You go ahead & chuck money at someone who does more harm than good to our cause. Your call.

My priorites differ.

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The government CANNOT take your 2A rights away.  You can surrender your right if you choose.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#30]
It would be a tough court case.  It looks like the state revoked his permit not as a criminal punishment for an offense, but because he displayed "material likelihood of risk of harm to the public".  His Youtube vids alone (duel challenging, back breaking, this latest fiasco) would be pretty easy to sell to a jury as a pattern of behavior that would indicate that he does indeed pose that risk.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

We have plenty here who think that if you just sit still, be good little boys and girls and don't make a peep, the big bad government will leave them alone.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd defend him.

He said in his video yesterday he didn't need any legal advice... guess he was wrong...

Actually what he said was  , he didn't need any legal advice from people who aren't lawyers. In which case I would agree with him..
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This is exactly why carry permits are bullshit. It can be taken at the whim of a government official.

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:53:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
what an idiot

^^^
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don't think what he did is very smart. If they did yank his permit as punishment for what he said I would like to know what kind of punishment these guys received:

http://texasgopvote.com/sites/default/files/Don%20Kaul%20-%20Cold%20Dead%20Fingers2.jpg

David Gregory clearly broke a DC law possessing a 30 round magazine

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/David-Gregory-magazine1-620x345.jpeg

The First Amendment should be rewritten as "The right of the people to agree with the politicians shall not be infringed"
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is exactly why carry permits are bullshit. It can be taken at the whim of a government official

This is bullshit of the highest order.  He was not convicted of anything, and at the stroke of a pen, there goes his bearing arms part of the 2A.

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I'd defend him.

I'll figure out a way to pay for an hour of your time if you take up his defense.  I think what he said was overboard and counterproductive, but that should not mean he can't say it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:54:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Are criminal charges going to probably follow?
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd defend him.

I'll figure out a way to pay for an hour of your time if you take up his defense.  I think what he said was overboard and counterproductive, but that should not mean he can't say it.

I'll make that pledge as well.

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm guessing his comments would be protected by the First Amendment and wouldn't fall into the incitement or fighting words exceptions to free speech.  The mere advocacy of violent action against the government is protected by the First Amendment. Brandenburg v. Ohio.  "Where such advocacy is directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action," then the advocacy loses its First Amendment protection.  Yeager's comments aren't really the advocacy of imminent (meaning right now) lawless action, nor does it seem that his comments are likely to incite anyone to imminent lawless action.  At least that is what my argument would be if I were his attorney trying to get his permit back.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:56:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

It's not the time to be threatening to "shoot people". It's stupid and careless. While the other side is calling for the death of gun owners, and the NRA, and NRA president, we have to be better than that.

I saw a video on here earlier where the line in the sand was when Jack Booted thugs were kicking down doors and going onto full confiscation. That's probably a safer time to talk about lines in the sand then this past Monday.

I want Yeager to be able have 2nd Amendment rights, he was just stupid. Stupid isn't a crime but  his timing sure sucks.

He has nobody to blame but himself. You can't threaten to start shooting people when you are pissed off mad. And he started the video saying he was mad

A pissed off person with guns threatening to shoot people? It doesn't look good.......

He may need legal advice he said he didn't need after all
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Not the smartest move ever made. But considering the amount of provocation is is some what reasonable. There are a lot of enemies of this country who are gleefully discussing tearing up the Constitution, the founders clearly stated that when this sort of thing goes forward it is time to fight back with violence.

I don't view his statement any more threatening than if he said he would kill any foreign soldier who invaded this country.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Any of you with a "Molon Labe" tagline or a "Time to hoist the flag and start slitting throats" type of avatar or sigline, you should either change it now or stand with Yeager.

Because you said the exact same thing.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

We can rally around him, contribute to his legal fund and try to prevent the state from doing this to others or we can post "haha" and "dumbass" pics.

Okay, I choose "dumbass" pics, but only because Yeager-meister-meisterYeager so richly deserves them!

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#45]
not sure if a dupe.. but here is an interview from our local station:

http://www.wsmv.com/story/20559778/tn-firearms-instructor-gains-attention-from-youtube?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

David Gregory clearly broke a DC law possessing a 30 round magazine

Exactly.

Hypocrisy is a big deal to me. A really big deal.

Yeager shouldn't have said exactly what he said, but the hypocrisy of his situation is galling.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Idiot.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#48]
David Gregory actually committed a crime.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd defend him.

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Only a matter of time before "they" dig up some dirt on him and he is lead away in handcuffs.

He as a fucking dipshit for this, and brought it on himself, but i still think its bullshit that dems can get aay with saying this same type of shit on national Television, een ave mags in a ban state on national TV, and nothing happens.

Be smart people.
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top