Let's get in line AZ!!!

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I suppose I should move 50 miles North.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're going to get flamed from the regular crowd telling you how futile and stupid those bills are.

Not by me.

Me either.

God bless Wyoming.  I love that state!

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:15:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Way to go Wyoming!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Any jobs out there?  I may consider it.

Yup, if you want to work and don't mind cold and wind there's plenty of work.

I gave up on Michigan 4 months ago and moved to Wyoming, I'm liking this pace more and more each day.

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:16:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I love this state.. Just need to get the Dakotas and Montana, Idaho, Texas, OK, AZ, and the other tuff states to push for the same thing..

Hopefully KS and NE follow suit, that would be nice.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#7]
moving to Wyoming!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Sent email to my MO State Rep. Higdon to start or cosponsor something similar.

edit:: he just emailed back saying they are working on something and he would look over the proposed Wyoming HB0104 I guess we will see what that means
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#9]
In before....oh wait, Dave's not here. NM.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#10]

I enjoy Wyoming. Now kill off some of those freaking wolves.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I particularly liked the striking of misdemeanor and elevation to felony for anyone trying to enforce the proposed unconstitutional bullshit
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Wyoming, fuck yeah!!!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Come one, come all, but don't bring any of your Bull Shit  ideas with you....  ((Whiny voice)) I don't like mining, or drilling for oil or fracking or ranching, and solar power is a great idea.

We mine coal, drill for oil and natural gas, log, ranch and other manly things.  If you don't like those things and are against them, stay the fuck out.  If you are a solid citizen and don't mind a little wind, come on over!

Oh, yeah... We like guns too.

My family started in oil. We still have leases in Ok, Tx, and Az. I'll bring my own drilling rig. I'm coming out in the fall for antelope season. Looks like area 50 will be my AO.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I love this state.. Just need to get the Dakotas and Montana, Idaho, Texas, OK, AZ, and the other tuff states to push for the same thing..

You forgot KS.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Wyoming

Soon to be my new home!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:42:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Jesus H you almost gave me a heart attack.  I read the title and thought WY was trying to introduce its own AWB like IL or NY.

But...my WY didn't fail me :)  I love my MT and WY :D

Me too. Saw the thread title and was WTF.
Looks like they modified the FFA that is already passed.
Love my state. This one should also pass with no problems.

ETA: Fuck you OP for almost giving me a heart attack.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I love my state.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I hope it goes. WY might end up being our last stand  rally point...

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:01:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks like I might have to sell my house and move 40 miles north, I dont mind the wind that much and it is already cold as shit where I'm at now.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I need to win the lottery so I can buy me some land in Wyoming.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any jobs out there?  I may consider it.

Yup, if you want to work and don't mind cold and wind there's plenty of work.

I gave up on Michigan 4 months ago and moved to Wyoming, I'm liking this pace more and more each day.

What kind of work? Shit here is depressing, work and family suck.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Oh HELL YES!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Just for some of you guys' information, WY has many more people in the towns than out in the country, so it could be considered an urban

population.  Some counties have actually lost population in recent decades.  Here is more data on demographics and stuff.

http://www.rupri.org/Forms/Wyoming.pdf
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#24]
It's an AWB ban!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Been to WY and liked it..     Now I am really liking it!    
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Galt move to Wyoming?

Sounds like a big f u to DC.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Come one, come all, but don't bring any of your Bull Shit  ideas with you....  ((Whiny voice)) I don't like mining, or drilling for oil or fracking or ranching, and solar power is a great idea.

We mine coal, drill for oil and natural gas, log, ranch and other manly things.  If you don't like those things and are against them, stay the fuck out.  If you are a solid citizen and don't mind a little wind, come on over!

Have any leads for any geologist positions?
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Come on out and be a cowboy. We got plenty of room.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:44:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Louisiana just passed a proposition making it illegal for state LE to assist the Feds in banning/confiscating guns.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#30]
States fuckin rights! Some one knows their Constitution
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Beautiful.  I think TN passed a law a few years ago that allowed MGs to be manufactured, possesed and used within the State as long as it never went out of state.  Whatever happened to that law?
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Thats fucking awesome Wyoming all the power to you guys , and let's hope it starts a trend with other states .

Maine's is a little more simple

Article I, Section 16 of the State of Maine
 Constitution
-- "Every citizen has a right to keep and bear arms and
 this right shall never be questioned."

It doesnt go into any details at all . . . . we definitely need to expand that description a bit.

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Wyoming just had their biggest search for real estate ever. I'm in.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have any leads for any geologist positions?

Oilfield
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:04:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Good on them!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#36]
I just moved 2 years ago, I'm not moving again. Texas needs to do this.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:14:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:16:51 PM EDT
[#38]
I hate Cheyene ....so fucking windy.....

Sheridan though....and West Wyoming in the Mountains...

Fuck Yeah.

Tons of Antelope, Deer....lot's of room ....few people.....

I pretty much love that state.....

Billings Mt. aint half bad either.

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Come on out and be a cowboy. We got plenty of room.

You can take my place, I'll go shooting .

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:23:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
More freedom is never a bad thing.

Did you see the penalty for an official trying to enforce an AWB?  Felony!  Good for WY!

Quoted:
STATE OF WYOMING

13LSO-0426
1 HB0104
HOUSE BILL NO. HB0104

Firearm Protection Act.

Sponsored by: Representative(s) Kroeker, Baker, Burkhart,
Jaggi, Miller, Piiparinen, Reeder and
Winters and Senator(s) Dockstader and Hicks

A BILL
for
AN ACT relating to firearms; providing that any federal law which attempts to ban a semi-automatic firearm or to limit the size of a magazine of a firearm or other limitation on firearms in this state shall be unenforceable in Wyoming; providing a penalty; and providing for an effective date.

Be It Enacted by the Legislature of the State of Wyoming:

Section 1. W.S. 6-8-405 is amended to read:

6-8-405. Offenses and penalties; defense of Wyoming citizens.

(a) No public servant as defined in W.S. 6-5-101, or dealer selling any firearm in this state shall enforce or attempt to enforce any act, law, statute, rule or regulation of the United States government relating to a personal firearm, firearm accessory or ammunition that is owned or manufactured commercially or privately in Wyoming and that remains exclusively within the borders of Wyoming.

(b) Any official, agent or employee of the United States government who enforces or attempts to enforce any act, order, law, statute, rule or regulation of the United States government upon a personal firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition that is owned or manufactured commercially or privately in Wyoming and that remains exclusively within the borders of Wyoming shall be guilty of a misdemeanor felony and, upon conviction, shall be subject to imprisonment for not more less than one (1) year and one (1) day or more than five (5) years, a fine of not more than two thousand dollars ($2,000.00) five thousand dollars ($5,000.00), or both.

(c) The attorney general may defend a citizen of Wyoming who is prosecuted by the United States government for violation of a federal law relating to the manufacture, sale, transfer or possession of a firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition owned or manufactured and retained exclusively within the borders of Wyoming.

(d) Any federal law, rule, regulation or order created or effective on or after January 1, 2013 shall be unenforceable within the borders of Wyoming if the law, rule, regulation or order attempts to:

(i) Ban or restrict ownership of a semi - automatic firearm or any magazine of a firearm; or
(ii) Require any firearm, magazine or other firearm accessory to be registered in any manner.

Section 2. This act is effective immediately upon completion of all acts necessary for a bill to become law as provided by Article 4, Section 8 of the Wyoming Constitution.

Seems like a weak penalty to me as the penalty for violating most federal gun laws is $250K and 10 years in jail.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:32:00 PM EDT
[#41]
This makes me want to go back to Kaycee, WY, and stay there this time....
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#42]
I like Wyoming more and more everyday.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:39:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Has any other state tried something like this before?

I don't have any specifics to offer, but I believe this idea came from Gary Marbut in Montana.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Anybody wanna buy a 43 acre farm in North Florida?
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
WY is looking better and better each day...

I came here long ago, from NYC

weather is rough, hard to make a living, ass end of nowhere.

no job security, no benefits, winter like siberia.

I'm sitting in a house I built with my own hands. my pasture fence is the national forest boundary. this summer I spent a week on a pack trip and didn't see a human soul.

you've got god's plenty of empty here still.

you may just be as free here as you can still be in this god forsaken country.

come join us. bring your guns.

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:46:32 PM EDT
[#46]
And Utah did something like this a few years ago: link

Here's a map of states that have supposedly passed some version of "Firearm Freedom Acts" and as you might imagine, the Rocky Mountain states are leading the way (special shout out to TN), with most of the rest of the Midwest and South coming along behind and Commiefornia and New England recoiling in disgust.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:54:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Fuk I Love my state.... It may be cold and windy as fuk but we still live how ever the hell we want.

Come on out boys bring your families and guns but don't tell nobody else
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Awesome, do you have room for a freedom loving Republican formerly from New York State?

Bring the cheesecake with you and we have a deal!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#49]
very awesome! i sent another letter to my representative with a reference and link to this bill. I can easily see my state doing something like this soon as well! gotta love the midwest
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 7:09:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Holy crap, I might move to Wyoming.

We're full, but if you bring Shiner Bock and brisket, I'll make an exception.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top