Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/4/2013 8:51:29 PM EDT
and be a stronger advocate that would make liberals wet their pants...

1. Initiate gun buy back program; It would be foolish to not admit that people are in possession of a firearm that they no longer need nor want. Sometimes people inherit firearms or just don't want to have them anymore. Support their free choice. The difference from police gun buy backs would have certain limitations, such as, stolen weapons turned over to LE. Guns received from program would be auctioned post inspection of condition through an NRA members only auction. All proceeds would be donated to the NRA. All sales would be processed through an FFL.

2. Promote safe gun ownership; NRA should adopt selective line-up of safes that would be both cost effective and deemed of reasonable quality. Such gun safe(s) could be promoted on the NRA website and/ or publishings. The select models could be permitted to hold an NRA badge. The safe(s) minimum requirement would be child resistant. Let's face it, a good thief will get it no matter what, but we could try and prevent the smash and grab type. Memberships could be awarded (short time base) at pos. raffles/promotions/donations would be encouraged. "A safe for "everyone"

3. Every new gun sold; would come with a 6 month to 1 year free membership! Promote safe, family oriented gun ownership. Access to safe products! Members only areas and maybe even an NRA specific forum. It could have categories for all firearm owners.

My ideas may suck, so let's hear yours. Let's see if all this "ban" talk can contribute to a stronger, more powerful 2A supporter group. 20 million strong!!

Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#1]
There are millions of gun owners who don't pay dues or have in the past and no longer do, because they haven't seen it as a priority. The Supreme Court rulings and the lack of action on the part of the Democrats from 2006 until now has relaxed everyone's attitude. Now, there is a clear and present danger as present as it has ever been so now is the time to really strike to increase membership.

How do you do it?

The old fashion way, but with a modern twist. You hold rallies and you use social media to bolster their attendance with key note speakers who can draw a crowd, which the NRA has in spades. There is a HUGE number of conservatives out there and they can't get behind a politician right now, because there is NO leadership. However, they can get behind an idea and we KNOW this, because we've seen it with the TEA Party and the movement against Obamacare in 2009 and 2010.

It's time to get off the sidelines now.  The NRA is NOT effectively using social media. They're not. They need to spend their money developing their social media, which in turn will help their memembership numbers grow. Right now the Democrats are ahead of us in using social media.

We need a BIG pow wow at SHOT this year, which is right around the corner (can't wait for the NRA Convention).  The entire damn industry has to be dedicated to helping with social media and rallies.  EdSr. and folks from this website should be included in that discussion.

We should be shooting for rallies to be held as soon as February.  If Glen Beck can put together a ton of people for a rally in D.C. than I'm pretty sure the NRA can do it.

Inspirational speakers and patriotism to remind people that the flag on the pole is still Old Glory and those colors don't run from a challenge. The men at Concord didn't lay down their guns and we're going to show them that the men and women of America today aren't going to lay them down now.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#2]
More industry support as well.

The industry needs to really come together on this one. No Bill Rugers.  We need give-aways, we need the creative people like those at Magpul to help market the NRA's message.  We need to really come together on all fronts and kick the shit out of this thing. I know we can do it.

We are TEN TIMES what we were in 1994.  Thanks to the internet we have never been stronger!  It's time to really use that strength to defend freedom.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:08:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

and be a stronger advocate that would make liberals wet their pants...

1. Initiate gun buy back program; It would be foolish to not admit that people are in possession of a firearm that they no longer need nor want. Sometimes people inherit firearms or just don't want to have them anymore. Support their free choice. The difference from police gun buy backs would have certain limitations, such as, stolen weapons turned over to LE. Guns received from program would be auctioned post inspection of condition through an NRA members only auction. All proceeds would be donated to the NRA. All sales would be processed through an FFL.

2. Promote safe gun ownership; NRA should adopt selective line-up of safes that would be both cost effective and deemed of reasonable quality. Such gun safe(s) could be promoted on the NRA website and/ or publishings. The select models could be permitted to hold an NRA badge. The safe(s) minimum requirement would be child resistant. Let's face it, a good thief will get it no matter what, but we could try and prevent the smash and grab type. Memberships could be awarded (short time base) at pos. raffles/promotions/donations would be encouraged. "A safe for "everyone"

3. Every new gun sold; would come with a 6 month to 1 year free membership! Promote safe, family oriented gun ownership. Access to safe products! Members only areas and maybe even an NRA specific forum. It could have categories for all firearm owners.

My ideas may suck, so let's hear yours. Let's see if all this "ban" talk can contribute to a stronger, more powerful 2A supporter group. 20 million strong!!

1. Don't know about this one.... Too many unfriendly competitors, too many ways that the press could twist the story...

2. Lobby your state legislature. In the mid 90's, WA was looking at a mandatory gunlocks, compliance inspections, and one-gun-a-month initiative on the ballot. Thankfully it failed, but a compromise bill was passed: To exempt gun safes and security devices purchase sales from being taxed. For a $5000.00 dollar gun safe sale, the buyer just saved $475.00!

3. Many manufacturers already do this, like here: http://www.taurususa.com/pdf/nra2012offer.pdf
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:11:50 PM EDT
[#4]
K i want to JOIN.. whats the best deal out their.. i remember seeing something about a $25. gift card?
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#5]
If the NRA provided booze and blow-jobs, there are a certain amount of gunowners who would hate the NRA because it took too long to cum...
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I think if gun stores would implement an NRA members first program that would go a long way and get more people considering it.  I know a lot of places have VIP program or different membership levels and they get reduced prices along with access to purchase firearms first.  Make one requirement of those types of program being an NRA member.  If you can drop $500 a year on a range membership so that you never have to wait for a lane, another $25 isn't going to hurt you.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#7]

No. 1     Get new leadership.    Out with Keene and Wayne L.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Why?

Who?

Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:16:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

K i want to JOIN.. whats the best deal out their.. i remember seeing something about a $25. gift card?

That is the best deal out there and the best deal that I have ever seen.  https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=bassprowy

Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=bassprowy

Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

35 bucks a year is not a huge amount of money. what is it 3 bucks a month. You cant come up with an extra 3 bucks a month???
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:19:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Who?

W.L.  is just not sharp enough for the role as primary spokesman.   Keene should have already increased membership.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I personally paid for Wayne's monthly pedicure, probably.

Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Who?

W.L.  is just not sharp enough for the role as primary spokesman.   Keene should have already increased membership.

If he was sharp enough, he'd hire a pr firm with an effective frontman.

Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:27:43 PM EDT
[#15]
In my state, IL, where you need a Firearms Owners ID Card, (FOID), to purchase/possess guns/ammo, it would be nice if we could get our legislators to include NRA, and the IL State Rifle Assoc. (ISRA) membership info. with the renewal that comes in the mail for the card from the IL state police.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Holy crap. I wrote a similar thread last night and deleted it because I get ignored usually anyway. Lol.

I agree though. I actually think the NRA should come up with some of these ideas and attempt to reach out to the Bradys/antis. The message should be "America has guns and that's not changing. How do we make ownership safer?". I also thought of some sort of assistance program for purchasing safes as well as a major marketing campaign for gun safety.

Drunk driving kills lots of folks. We aren't banning alcohol again. We aren't putting breathalyzers in every vehicle. But there are billboards and commercials everywhere indoctrinating folks about the subject. And lots of companies offering free rides on holidays and stuff.

The message should be, we are willing to look into lots of ways to reduce the problems associated with gun ownership which don't require new laws.

And if the antis reject the ideas, it will help to expose their real agenda to the public. They don't care about actually saving lives, they just want the guns gone.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:32:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Forget the "best deal",  just make a donation to NRA-ILA. If you really want to join, sign up for the lowest cost option, and send extra money to their ILA division Money to the right place is what counts..
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

Who?

Who did you vote for, to be on the NRA board of directors? They have the power to replace him, and a voting member has the power to replace board members. You can't do it from the outside.

Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#19]

... I've purchased memberships for my friends and family less fortunate to afford

You should too
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#20]
You don't reach out to the Anti-Second Amendment crowd, because when you hold your hand out to shake their hands they'll grab it and slice your wrist open.

Brady Campaign is nothing. Media have worked against us for YEARS.

What has made us stronger than we were in '94? The internet. What do we need to do to make us even stronger? Learn to use the internet better to our advantage.

This is a day and age where Facebook can literally bring about a revolution. We conservatives vastly undervalue the power of social media. We better learn how to take advantage of it before the Feds figures a way to control it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:42:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That is the best deal out there and the best deal that I have ever seen.  https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=bassprowy  

sweet... so umm.. how do i get the gift card.. i just signed up   YEAHHH im in the freaking NRA
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:48:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Just signed up my wife too.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:48:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Get industry sources to donate a few ARs, and then raffle them off to new members in free states.

Lots of people close to buying a membership would get off the fence for that.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:48:57 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

sweet... so umm.. how do i get the gift card.. i just signed up   YEAHHH im in the freaking NRA

The way it reads you don't have to do anything.  My guess is it will be included in your member packet that you get in the mail or possibly mailed separately too you.

Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Every online vendor should mimic the NRA Roundup that Midway started and send that to the NRA-ILA.

Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:58:17 PM EDT
[#26]
1 go on tv

2 let the people of this nation know that not one piece of infringing legislation will pass the federal government on their watch

3 follow through

4 do the same in every state where challenged(reasonably)

Membership would triple overnight
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 9:59:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You don't reach out to the Anti-Second Amendment crowd, because when you hold your hand out to shake their hands they'll grab it and slice your wrist open.

Brady Campaign is nothing. Media have worked against us for YEARS.

What has made us stronger than we were in '94? The internet. What do we need to do to make us even stronger? Learn to use the internet better to our advantage.

This is a day and age where Facebook can literally bring about a revolution. We conservatives vastly undervalue the power of social media. We better learn how to take advantage of it before the Feds figures a way to control it.

Very true
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, one thing that seems to draw bigger and bigger crowds are the Shoots that go on around the nation.  Like the one LaRue does each year down in Texas they draw a TON of people to that event.

I've seen folks here pull together shoots with industry participation and it's a good thing for all involved. Why not try to do that on a larger and more organized scale?

Think of it as mini-SHOT Show/NRA Conventions all over the country.  

Why wouldn't folks want to come out for BBQ, Guns, and Hot Chicks?  Hell, that shit sells itself. You come to the Shoot and instead of paying for entry or range use you buy an NRA membership that day for a year. $25.00 get you a good time.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 10:04:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Don't rely on the NRA.  They were "there for us" in 1994.  They are "there" for us now.  Expect the same results if you push the NRA.

Think about this.  All the money they take in and how many pro-gun advertisements do you see?
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#30]
I like the idea of an NRA rally featuring attractive, articulate, popular speakers concurrent with the bigger gun shows.  If the NRA can find some hot movie or TV stars to promote NRA membership when customers are already in the building, that could help.  Go to the show and attend the rally.  We need to attract the younger crowd.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Don't rely on the NRA.  They were "there for us" in 1994.  They are "there" for us now.  Expect the same results if you push the NRA.

Think about this.  All the money they take in and how many pro-gun advertisements do you see?
I think I've read 3 other threads today with the same uninformed anti-NRA bullshit.  What email were you FWD:FWD:FWD'd  when you got this information?

Link Posted: 1/4/2013 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I've read 3 other threads today with the same uninformed anti-NRA bullshit.  What email were you FWD:FWD:FWD'd  when you got this information?

And there is your answer. The NRA needs to do a better job of showing what they do and (more importantly) where the money they receive is going.

It's really easy to demonize any gun owner that speaks out against or has issues with the NRA, but it needs to be remembered that NRA members are a very small minority of gun owners.

Link Posted: 1/4/2013 10:31:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And there is your answer. The NRA needs to do a better job of showing what they do and (more importantly) where the money they receive is going.

It's really easy to demonize any gun owner that speaks out against or has issues with the NRA, but it needs to be remembered that NRA members are a very small minority of gun owners.

Two things (that you might already know)

The money you pay to be an NRA member is legally prohibited from being used for lobbying/political purposes.  It all goes to Eddie the Eagle and shooting ranges etc.  
The NRA-ILA, which is the political arm of the NRA is better suited using their limited funds influencing those who actually make laws, rather than making commercials more would just fast forward through while watching their favorite DVRd shows.  That influencing takes place behind close doors, out of the public eye.  Look what happened after Joe Manchin made those comments about nothing being off the table.  A few days later he was saying "Ban?  I never said anything about a ban.".  I'm sure he was contacted by his constituents, but I bet the NRA was on his ass too threatening his "A" rating.
One last thing, I've been drinking.  

There is no reason not to be an NRA member.  In fact, I think that the low membership compared to the high rate of gun ownership in this country actually hurts us.  If NRA membership even remotely reflected the actual gun ownership in this country, they would be an absolute juggernaut.  They would make the AARP look like an after school chess club.  Then they wouldn't need to be so timid and compromising as some of the anti-NRA folks thinks they are.  

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 6:18:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
There are millions of gun owners who don't pay dues or have in the past and no longer do, because they haven't seen it as a priority. The Supreme Court rulings and the lack of action on the part of the Democrats from 2006 until now has relaxed everyone's attitude. Now, there is a clear and present danger as present as it has ever been so now is the time to really strike to increase membership.

How do you do it?

The old fashion way, but with a modern twist. You hold rallies and you use social media to bolster their attendance with key note speakers who can draw a crowd, which the NRA has in spades. There is a HUGE number of conservatives out there and they can't get behind a politician right now, because there is NO leadership. However, they can get behind an idea and we KNOW this, because we've seen it with the TEA Party and the movement against Obamacare in 2009 and 2010.

It's time to get off the sidelines now.  The NRA is NOT effectively using social media. They're not. They need to spend their money developing their social media, which in turn will help their memembership numbers grow. Right now the Democrats are ahead of us in using social media.

We need a BIG pow wow at SHOT this year, which is right around the corner (can't wait for the NRA Convention).  The entire damn industry has to be dedicated to helping with social media and rallies.  EdSr. and folks from this website should be included in that discussion.

We should be shooting for rallies to be held as soon as February.  If Glen Beck can put together a ton of people for a rally in D.C. than I'm pretty sure the NRA can do it.

Inspirational speakers and patriotism to remind people that the flag on the pole is still Old Glory and those colors don't run from a challenge. The men at Concord didn't lay down their guns and we're going to show them that the men and women of America today aren't going to lay them down now.

They have definitively dropped the ball on recruitment, PR and social media.
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 6:29:50 AM EDT
[#35]
They really need to provide a "no frills" membership the doesn't include anything but a membership card.

Price it to where manufacturers could afford to throw it in with every new gun purchase. Then offer "upgrades" that would include access to all the other benefits for another fee.

I've been saying this for decades... I have zero expectation of being heard now.
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 8:44:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
They really need to provide a "no frills" membership the doesn't include anything but a membership card.

Price it to where manufacturers could afford to throw it in with every new gun purchase. Then offer "upgrades" that would include access to all the other benefits for another fee.

I've been saying this for decades... I have zero expectation of being heard now.

You mean like the $10 Associate Membership?

You get no magazine. Just a membership card.

Like that?
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#37]
These are all great ideas.. I hope the NRA is paying attention. Member dues don't need to lobby, it can make the liberals feel warm about guns again.

Lets not twinkieize the NRA. (only want when it's too late)
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

No. 1 Get new leadership. Out with Keene and Wayne L.

[1995 NRA Convention] Yeah!  That fucking extremist LaPierre and his hardliners only care about RKBA and are throwing hunters under the bus! [/1995 NRA Convention].

The same guy that everyone threw under the bus as an extremist over his hard-line, no-compromise stance and the "jack-booted thugs" fund raising letter is now (falsely) vilified as a compromiser ready to sell out gun owners.
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

In my state, IL, where you need a Firearms Owners ID Card, (FOID), to purchase/possess guns/ammo, it would be nice if we could get our legislators to include NRA, and the IL State Rifle Assoc. (ISRA) membership info. with the renewal that comes in the mail for the card from the IL state police.

The state legislature that almost voted on banning virtually all firearms?
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 9:34:21 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Holy crap. I wrote a similar thread last night and deleted it because I get ignored usually anyway. Lol.

I agree though. I actually think the NRA should come up with some of these ideas and attempt to reach out to the Bradys/antis. The message should be "America has guns and that's not changing. How do we make ownership safer?". I also thought of some sort of assistance program for purchasing safes as well as a major marketing campaign for gun safety.

Drunk driving kills lots of folks. We aren't banning alcohol again. We aren't putting breathalyzers in every vehicle. But there are billboards and commercials everywhere indoctrinating folks about the subject. And lots of companies offering free rides on holidays and stuff.

The message should be, we are willing to look into lots of ways to reduce the problems associated with gun ownership which don't require new laws.

And if the antis reject the ideas, it will help to expose their real agenda to the public. They don't care about actually saving lives, they just want the guns gone.

1.  "Sellouts!  Sellouts!"

2.  The NRA already runs lots and lots ofsafety programs - from the Eddie Eagle program for school kids to adult classes.
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 9:45:25 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

W.L. is just not sharp enough for the role as primary spokesman. Keene should have already increased membership.

He's been an effective hardliner for RKBA since 1991 (when he became EVP).  He has a Masters in Government from Boston University.  Antis hate him because he is so damn effective.

In today's world of blow-dried empty-headed kewl bloviators where snarky and nasty passes for 'talent' and 'intelligence' he doesn't "TV" as well as, say Anderson Cooper, especially when constantly confronted by a hostile press / media that is actually part of the agitprop effort of the antis.

But, we could have the smoothest, suavest hipster talking head and the hostile media and the antis (as well as the anti-NRA 'gun activists') would portray that talking head as an idiot.

So, you want some smooth and suave talking head to represent you - even if its someone who doesn't believe in RKBA, because they'll look pretty and talk smoothly, rather than a savvy veteran hardliner for RKBA?
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

1 go on tv

2 let the people of this nation know that not one piece of infringing legislation will pass the federal government on their watch

3 follow through

4 do the same in every state where challenged(reasonably)

Membership would triple overnight

1-4.  "Compromisers!  They threw ___ under the bus!  They didn't highight exactly what I wanted!  Anti-liberty!  Fuck the NRA! FUCK THE NRA!" <- we've already seen and heard it.

Membership should already have tripled, but just look at all the people here that just come up with one phony bullshit excuse after another.
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Don't rely on the NRA. They were "there for us" in 1994. They are "there" for us now. Expect the same results if you push the NRA.

Think about this. All the money they take in and how many pro-gun advertisements do you see?

Bite me. This is all false. In other words, it's a fucking lie.

The NRA fought the goddamn 1994 AWB right down to the wire. The reality (THE FUCKING REALITY) was that there were more anti-RKBA hard-line Congressmen and Senators than there were pro-RKBA Congressmen and Senators in a solid DEMOCRATICALLY CONTROLLED HOUSE AND SENATE.

When you throw in the Democrat "moderates" that voted with the majority anti-RKBA hardliners, the AWB was going to pass. And it did.

One reason it passed was that because between the "Cincinnati Revolution" in 1977 (when the NRA transformed into a gun-rights focused group from a sports association) the liberals / Progressives in the anti-RKBA organizations and the media had used the exodus of Fudds from the now-political and hard-line pro-RKBA NRA to push the idea that the NRA was toothless and powerless.

So, in 1994, the moderate Democrats Congressmen and Senators that voted for the AWB thought the NRA was dead. THOUGHT THE NRA WAS FUCKING DEAD. As a quid-pro-quo, the anti-RKBA extremists like Schumer, Biden and Feisntein threw the moderates (the fucking moderate DEMOCRATS) the 2004 'sunset'. But they thought the NRA WAS FUCKING DEAD and they'd renew it in 2004.

Because the fucking Fudds left in droves over the NRA's hard-line. I say again, in 1994, the goddamn Communists and the wishy-washy moderates thought the hard-line, no-compromise pro-RKBA NRA was dead because Wayne LaPierre and the hard-line gun-rights Board had caused thousands of Fudds to quit.

In the 1994 mid-term election, those "moderates" and a significant number of anti-RKBA hard-line Congressmen and Senators LEARNED THEIR FUCKING LESSON when they got thrown out.

So go peddle that bullshit that the NRA sold gun owners out in 1994 some where else. It's a fucking lie. Maybe you didn't know it was a fucking lie. But it is a fucking lie.
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 10:19:44 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't rely on the NRA. They were "there for us" in 1994. They are "there" for us now. Expect the same results if you push the NRA.

Think about this. All the money they take in and how many pro-gun advertisements do you see?
I think I've read 3 other threads today with the same uninformed anti-NRA bullshit. What email were you FWD:FWD:FWD'd when you got this information?

Like GOA does?

Oh, wait... GOA doesn't.

Some googling will show exactly what the NRA spends its money on.  Safety programs.  Instructor training.  Shooting programs.  Lobbying the government.  Defence fund.  Et cetera.

"but it needs to be remembered that NRA members are a very small minority of gun owners. "  And who will be the focus of the fight?  Who will the antis focus on?  Who will speak to congressmen and senators?  The GOA with 300K members who just give money with no say or accountability?

The NRA.

Join or turn in your guns.

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 10:31:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Our gun club requires NRA membership to join.

Tomorrow is our annual renewal meeting, and I can only imagine the drama that ensues when we enforce the rule.

Quite frankly, I'm not looking forward to telling long standing members that we aren't accepting their membership renewal.  We will hold a very hard line on this.  I anticipate there will be some shouting matches over this.

Yippee.
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 10:35:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The state legislature that almost voted on banning virtually all firearms?

It would have to be hidden in a bill.  The state now includes some paper info. from a consumer's group called Citizens Utlity Board (CUB), with some bills sent to people (I think auto plate renewals).
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean like the $10 Associate Membership?

You get no magazine. Just a membership card.

Like that?

What was that you said about booze and blowjobs?  

$10 associate memberships are (apparently) too high.

$25 annual memberships with a $25 Bass Pro gift card (i.e. a FREE membership) is too 'something'.

The membership materials included with almost every gun sold in the US aren't enough.

I'm sorry if these offends any of the truly earnest non-members who are trying to be helpful (without actually, you know, joining) and who aren't just NRA-bashing because of some e-mail that got forwarded or because they're fifth columnists, but it's pretty hard to accept that shooters are so ignorant of what the NRA does.

Maybe they are ignorant of what they NRA does because they aren't members?  The magazines are full of what the NRA does.  The website is full of what the NRA does.
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 10:48:10 AM EDT
[#48]
They could help Marylander's get concealed carry. Haven't heard a single sound from them in MD, and I won't be giving them any money until they do something.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Our gun club requires NRA membership to join.

Tomorrow is our annual renewal meeting, and I can only imagine the drama that ensues when we enforce the rule.

Quite frankly, I'm not looking forward to telling long standing members that we aren't accepting their membership renewal. We will hold a very hard line on this. I anticipate there will be some shouting matches over this.

Yippee.

Raise dues for non-NRA members by $25.  Then buy everyone without a NRA membership a NRA membership.

Or raise them by $10 for non-NRA members and do associate memberships for them.

I predict that the most angry protestors will be Fudds who will protest that the NRA are right-wing extremists more concerned with machine guns (the opposite of what you hear here).

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 10:54:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bite me. This is all false. In other words, it's a fucking lie.

The NRA fought the goddamn 1994 AWB right down to the wire. The reality (THE FUCKING REALITY) was that there were more anti-RKBA hard-line Congressmen and Senators than there were pro-RKBA Congressmen and Senators in a solid DEMOCRATICALLY CONTROLLED HOUSE AND SENATE.

When you throw in the Democrat "moderates" that voted with the majority anti-RKBA hardliners, the AWB was going to pass. And it did.

One reason it passed was that because between the "Cincinnati Revolution" in 1977 (when the NRA transformed into a gun-rights focused group from a sports association) the liberals / Progressives in the anti-RKBA organizations and the media had used the exodus of Fudds from the now-political and hard-line pro-RKBA NRA to push the idea that the NRA was toothless and powerless.

So, in 1994, the moderate Democrats Congressmen and Senators that voted for the AWB thought the NRA was dead. THOUGHT THE NRA WAS FUCKING DEAD. As a quid-pro-quo, the anti-RKBA extremists like Schumer, Biden and Feisntein threw the moderates (the fucking moderate DEMOCRATS) the 2004 'sunset'. But they thought the NRA WAS FUCKING DEAD and they'd renew it in 2004.

Because the fucking Fudds left in droves over the NRA's hard-line. I say again, in 1994, the goddamn Communists and the wishy-washy moderates thought the hard-line, no-compromise pro-RKBA NRA was dead because Wayne LaPierre and the hard-line gun-rights Board had caused thousands of Fudds to quit.

In the 1994 mid-term election, those "moderates" and a significant number of anti-RKBA hard-line Congressmen and Senators LEARNED THEIR FUCKING LESSON when they got thrown out.

So go peddle that bullshit that the NRA sold gun owners out in 1994 some where else. It's a fucking lie. Maybe you didn't know it was a fucking lie. But it is a fucking lie.

I don't personally endorse the use of such profanity, but this guy is right on target.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top