Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
One explanation I read on /k/ said that the second poster was, in fact, posted by the Brady Campaign on their Facebook page and removed after they got shit thrown their way for it. Whatever that's worth.

If this is real I think you're right.

Edit: posted same pic as on bottom 1st page but was beat by seconds
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:06:34 PM EDT
[#2]
lol love it.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#3]
this one is real:

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#4]
They make us look like assholes to thinking people. The emotional idiots buy right in with an instant knee-jerk reaction.

I might be more empathetic if the Illinois State Police hadn't advocated EXACTLY what these posters are suggesting for YEARS--namely, that having a gun was a bad alternative to being raped.

I am not making this up (archived page)
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I couldn't disagree with you more XCR, these pics may not have been created by Brady, but they clearly define the message that Brady portrays.

I absolutely love them and I'm sharing them everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They make us look like assholes to thinking people. The emotional idiots buy right in with an instant knee-jerk reaction.

I might be more empathetic if the Illinois State Police hadn't advocated EXACTLY what these posters are suggesting for YEARS--namely, that having a gun was a bad alternative to being raped.

I am not making this up (archived page)

Before you fight

Fighting for your safety may be necessary. However, if you start out fighting you cancel any other options that might be open to you. Since many attacks on women are not sexually motivated, and are designed to degrade and humiliate, talking your way out of it may be easier.

There is documentation of assailants that left a would-be-victim alone after she told him that she was pregnant and it would kill her baby. (Some case were women that were too old to even have a baby.)
   Telling an attacker that you have VD or AIDS can discourage him.
   It may sound disgusting, but putting your fingers into you throat and making yourself vomit usually gets results. (This method is not often used except as a last resort.)
   Use your imagination and you can think of others.

The above methods are particularly important if your assailant has a gun or knife, or there is more than one attacker. (Fighting would probably be futile.)

If you must fight

Guns stolen from residences are a primary way of getting guns into the hands of criminals.
   Be aware of those times and places where there is a potential for attack and be prepared to defend yourself.
       parking lots
       walking at night
       waiting for a bus
       elevators
       other you will learn to recognize

Articles common to your handbag that make useful defense weapons.

nail file
   rat tail comb
   teasing brush
   pens and pencils
   keys
   anything rigid

Concentrate on these areas only when combating an assailant.

groin
   eyes
   ears
   nose
   throat

You should not swing at an assailant. Roundhouse or overhand blows are easy to deflect or evade. Your movements should be made with all your strength, and should be straight jabs. Remember that screaming may be just as important to your defense as any weapon.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:31:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Satire isn't supposed to soothe its audience.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:33:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Someone posted this in the comments section.

http://imageshack.us/a/img819/9646/1357269410325.jpg

This is proof.

What most likely happened is they posted this horrible non-PC ad and then quickly deleted it to save face.  A 4chan poster who lurked the BC's page screen shotted it and then for the "lulz" people on 4chan started making equally offensive fake ads making fun of the original that was made by the BC.

Seriously guys.  Do you really think it is an elaborate false flag/cointelpro op done by fucking 4chan of all places?  Take off the tinfoil.  The Bradys just fucked up and are now having to pay for it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:46:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I chose to believe these are real.

I just tell people they are real, Now that Brady is getting backlash from it, they are now denying it

There's a bunch of folks concern trolling the Brady's about it. I'd suggest joining in.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:49:46 PM EDT
[#14]
The Bradys are the enemy of freedom. They dance in the blood of the dead, piss on the Second Amendment,  and would prefer me, a law abiding citizen, to be defenseless against violent criminals.  Fuck the Brady's, and fuck taking the high ground.

I say spread those pics far and wide and put those treasonous cunts on the defensive for a change.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:51:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I couldn't disagree with you more XCR, these pics may not have been created by Brady, but they clearly define the message that Brady portrays.

I absolutely love them and I'm sharing them everywhere.

This.

They were not created by then but the posters represent their true point of view.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:54:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you really like using the term 'high ground.'

My parents raised me to refrain from being a dick. Sorry.

I guess you're not "better than" using an implied personal attack. .

Had nothing to do with you. Now you're trying to put words in my mouth.

Spreading lies is a dick move. The Brady Campaign did it to us and everyone was outraged. Why is it okay for our side to do it, too?

Short answer? YES.

IMHO the gloves are off. When we play nice we lose. We live in a fast-paced world of viral information dispersal. An age when whatever is crass and outrageous gets the most attention.

Play them at their own silly game, only better. We have truth on our side, but we need to be better at making the case to a nation full of retards. If this is the only way to get their attention, then so be it.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Is anybody reading the comments?

https://www.facebook.com/bradycampaign/posts/10151209124124212

One of you guys trolled the wrong side when you told the women that you'd rather be raped than use guns to defend yourself.

They mad.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 8:10:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have seen two Brady Campaign (supposedly) posters being circulated on FB and Arf.

Now, I like to establish fact before I go spreading things all over the internet. I have googled it and this is the most relevant result I've found:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/bearded_lady/assorted/fakes_zpsca5f22f7.jpg

However, when I try to view the link, it's not available.

Now, if these posters are indeed fakes... PLEASE stop fucking posting them. It's just going to make us look like assholes, and the last thing we need is to look like assholes. Fuck the Brady campaign. WE are 'better than this'.

The posters in question
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/317912_440565032679794_1472103503_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/304532_4984087690954_680967077_n.jpg

You obviously dont get it...

This perfectly exposes the true intentions of the Bradys and their ilk. Plus it uses a page right out of their play book. Taking the high ground lost us multiple elections, got two scumbags on the supreme court, a bankrupt nation, and a soon to be implemented AWB.  It's way past time to fight fire with fire.

Or, take the moral high ground as your right disappear and you are stuffed into a cattle car.

I saw one of them posted, was looking on the scabs website to verify and then the guy that posted it on FB disappeared!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is anybody reading the comments?

https://www.facebook.com/bradycampaign/posts/10151209124124212

One of you guys trolled the wrong side when you told the women that you'd rather be raped than use guns to defend yourself.

They mad.

One of the more annoying things about trolling the enemy like that is all the friendly fire you get from people who can't recognize trolling
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What are they gonna say?  "These are fake, women need firearms to protect themselves from rapists?".

The posters are probably fake, but the messages reflect their actual positions.

Yeah that's why their facebook is blowing up. A lot of people know the posters are fake but are just now realizing the results of that position.

It just took something outrageous to call attention to the fact that the Brady Campaign(and all anti-gun people) would rather women be raped than have another incident of "gun violence".
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 2:57:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are they gonna say?  "These are fake, women need firearms to protect themselves from rapists?".

The posters are probably fake, but the messages reflect their actual positions.

Yeah that's why their facebook is blowing up. A lot of people know the posters are fake but are just now realizing the results of that position.

It just took something outrageous to call attention to the fact that the Brady Campaign(and all anti-gun people) would rather women be raped than have another incident of "gun violence".

Of course.. the flip side is, bad publicity is better than no publicity.. However, its worth it to get people to see the light for the first time in their lives.

Link Posted: 1/4/2013 3:11:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Fuck them and fuck code pink. I fully support this campaign. These fuckers are trying to get everyone killed and strip everyone of their rights. Fuck them with a rusty pitchfork, misinformation, psyops, burning poop bag or whatever it takes.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 3:26:16 AM EDT
[#23]

It may sound disgusting, but putting your fingers into you throat and making yourself vomit usually gets results. (This method is not often used except as a last resort.)

Use your imagination and you can think of others.

Put your fingers into your anus, and smear feces all over your own face and vagina.

I'm suprised they don't recommend that to avoid humiliation.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 3:31:16 AM EDT
[#24]
They are called "Humor."

And the Brady Campaign is only upset because, while funny as hell, they DO in fact convey exactly what the Brady Campaign espouses.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 3:49:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spreading lies is a dick move. The Brady Campaign did it to us and everyone was outraged. Why is it okay for our side to do it, too?

So you are saying that the Brady campaign wants you to be able to use an assault rifle to defend yourself from gang-rape?
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 4:05:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Im confused about how this makes us look like assholes. The media has already portrayed us as advocating the murder of innocents. The only thing shifty is the claim of being genuine, which I don't think anybody is making.
It accurately represents their position in a way that is frighteningly hilarious.

Most of us claim to be prepared to fight at all costs to keep our freedom.

If this is how we reach people and expose thier position, so be it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 4:09:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Im confused about how this makes us look like assholes. The media has already portrayed us as advocating the murder of innocents. The only thing shifty is the claim of being genuine, which I don't think anybody is making.
It accurately represents their position in a way that is frighteningly hilarious.
Most of us claim to be prepared to fight at all costs to keep our freedom.
If this is how we reach people and expose thier position, so be it.

this post is spot on
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 4:13:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I love it.  This is pure Alinsky, turned around and used on them.

This...it's actually perfect.  Put those assholes on the defensive.  

Link Posted: 1/4/2013 4:18:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

I'll go with this. They purposely spread falsehoods about us, let's let them feel what is like.

We didn't shape the battlefield that way, but we ought to fight in it like we want to win.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 4:19:22 AM EDT
[#30]
If you want to beat the left, you have to fight with the same tactics.  Look the the mythical "war on women"...do you think the left had such debate over how trying to convince people that the GOP hated women, would make them look?  When you put something like this out there and you keep saying it, over and over and over again, people will start to believe it.  You want to beat the Brady bunch, keep putting this kind of info out there on social media day after day...people will start to believe it (because there is a hint of believability to it).
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 4:25:47 AM EDT
[#31]

Found this in the comments of their denial.

My working theory is it came from a Facebook troll page but someone from Brady thought it was legit and posted it on their page.

I did doubt it but his is good enough for this PA farm boy
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 4:45:01 AM EDT
[#32]
These posters tell the truth. Brady shits want total disarmament of the public. Which in the real world would leave nothing but criminals with guns. Brady's don't care about your safety regardless if your a man or a woman. I'm glad these came out. Fuck the Brady's.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 5:21:15 AM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 1/4/2013 5:22:31 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

XCR, I understand your point.  

I have a feeling that a lot of the people are just so tired of the lies that folks like the brady campaign and the MSM spread that some feel it is time to take the gloves off and fight back using any means necessary.  At some point there is a line that gets crossed and the rules have to be thrown out the window.

I listened to a friend today talk about how he was just dog tired, and how it never seems to end.  Writing to reps, donating money to the various causes, and even if it dies down for a bit, it will only take one MSM story to fire it all up again.  I encouraged him to keep strong and moving forward, that the right path is never the easy path.

Very eloquently said.

Trying to use the truth isn't working with this crop of folks.  The next best thing is to derail them to senseless ranting (a bit further).

Especially on internet boards and forums and so on, a coherent discussion rarely happens and most of the time trying... is an exercise in practice for the writer and not going to convince someone of anything.  People that want a sensible argument seek them out and get what they want.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 6:19:21 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is proof.

What most likely happened is they posted this horrible non-PC ad and then quickly deleted it to save face.  A 4chan poster who lurked the BC's page screen shotted it and then for the "lulz" people on 4chan started making equally offensive fake ads making fun of the original that was made by the BC.

Seriously guys.  Do you really think it is an elaborate false flag/cointelpro op done by fucking 4chan of all places?  Take off the tinfoil.  The Bradys just fucked up and are now having to pay for it.

Just a heads up Snopes is claiming its "false", based on the Brady Campaign response. http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/bradyad.asp

Maybe the few emails with the above picture should be sent their way
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 6:20:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3383/dscf1627h.jpg

Found this in the comments of their denial.

My working theory is it came from a Facebook troll page but someone from Brady thought it was legit and posted it on their page.

I did doubt it but his is good enough for this PA farm boy

see, this is what I was looking for. Proof. Thank you. Now I'll happily plaster them all over the internet.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 6:28:14 AM EDT
[#37]
I love this campaign. A little political hijinks are good every now and then. At least now we can define the terms of the debate.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 6:33:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Bullshit. Taking the high road has gotten our asses kicked. Post 'em everywhere. Even if they aren't believed, they do a good job of illustrating the retarded logic of the brady bunch.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 6:37:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Thank you for this thread. I will do my part to ignore your cries for us to stop, and plaster these fuckers everywhere I can. Deuces.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 6:37:47 AM EDT
[#40]
As far as the Brady bunch is concerned, the lives and dignity of my wife and daughter aren't worth defending via the most effective means possible.

I disagree.

My loved ones are not an offering to be sacrificed upon the altar of their sick, twisted agenda and war on women.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 6:42:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Attack on all fronts.  I see no problem with this.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 6:42:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You know what we're pissed off at?

It's not the liberals.  They're just being liberals.

What we're pissed off at is the fact that the GOP concedes every fucking debate on every fucking issue.

The GOP is a bunch of fat old hens playing bridge while the goddamned capitol is set on fire.  They have no ideas, no will to fight, and no interest in serving their constituents or their country.

They're losers.

The posters this guy drew up are awesome because it's the first time in four fucking years that anyone on the left has even acknowledged that their position is contested.

EVERY DAY SHOULD BE LIKE THIS.  But they won't be until the GOP is destroyed and replaced with a truly conservative party.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 6:51:06 AM EDT
[#43]
The fake posters are not lies, the posters show what the bradys actually believe.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 7:05:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The fake posters are not lies, the posters show what the bradys actuallt believe.

Exactly.

While I don't think they were created by the Bradys, they accurately represent their position. As a result, they cannot defend themselves against them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 7:11:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Doesnt matter if they are real or not, do you think the gun grabbers use real information or stats to come up with a reason to strip away rights? No they dont, they spread lie after lie and Im certain any poster they make is also fake made up of untrue information.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 7:19:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fake or not. From the look of their FB page, I'd say they served their purpose. It lit a fire under people, people are even pushing the issue in the comments away from it being about firearms. More about self preservation. Making the Brady Campaign fight a battle on another front now.

At least something good came of it.

Someone tries to rape me, either way I'm fighting. I'd prefer it was with a gun and not my fingernails. They'd rather I shit myself.

Funny world we live in, huh?

I totally understand your discomfort over this tactic against the Brady Campaign and their ilk. I'm inclined to agree. Unfortunately I'm afraid we're past the point of civil debate (and not through our own actions). This is becoming a war to defend our freedoms, our lifestyle, and our heritage. In a war for survival, all's fair. You're either out to marshal every scrap of force at your disposal to eviscerate your enemy, or you're just waiting around to get shot. You have to understand that this goes beyond guns. It's only peripherally about guns. It's about power and control.

In a way, this campaign against gun owners mirrors a rape discussion. We need to use every dirty trick available to survive this conflict.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

This is proof.

Just a heads up Snopes is claiming its "false", based on the Brady Campaign response. http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/bradyad.asp

Perhaps.  Snopes is pretty hard left and generally supports hard left positions and politicians with little to no proof though.  Hopefully they can be convinced to change their woefully incorrect statement that just reaffirms the BC's lie w/o any further fact checking, but I'm not holding my breath.  Luckily if they do not change this incorrect info on their site about this issue their credibility is already in question due to their far left allegiance and history of misrepresenting similar topics in the past in attempts to make far left positions and lies seem truthful.

You'd think Snopes of all website would have understood the obvious impacts of lying, but it does not seem to be the case when they are clouded with partisan issue such as this.  I would never trust them outright for my own source of truth, and I encourage others to see past them as well.

ETA: I just send Snope.com a message urging them to change it to more accurately reflect the truth, and I encourage others to do the same.  I want to trust Snopes.com, but I am afraid I no longer can until they change this affirmation of the BC's lies.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

This is proof.

Perhaps.  Snopes is pretty hard left and generally supports hard left positions and politicians with little to no proof though.  Hopefully they can be convinced to change their woefully incorrect statement that just reaffirms the BC's lie w/o any further fact checking, but I'm not holding my breath.  Luckily if they do not change this incorrect info on their site about this issue their credibility is already in question due to their far left allegiance and history of misrepresenting similar topics in the past in attempts to make far left positions and lies seem truthful.

You'd think Snopes of all website would have understood the obvious impacts of lying, but it does not seem to be the case when they are clouded with partisan issue such as this.  I would never trust them outright for my own source of truth, and I encourage others to see past them as well.

ETA: I just send Snope.com a message urging them to change it to more accurately reflect the truth, and I encourage others to do the same.  I want to trust Snopes.com, but I am afraid I no longer can until they change this affirmation of the BC's lies.

isn't snopes run by libtards?
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 8:07:19 AM EDT
[#49]
While I will not personally spread them around, I'm happy with them and their effect. It puts the antis on the defensive against wild and outrageous accusations, much like they've done to us over the last fifty years.

This battle has gone beyond ethics. We will not win if we play fair. We are fighting against people who will lie about anything, and because of that, we are always defending against their lies and not calling them out for their own outrages. Let them twist in the wind.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 8:10:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

This is proof.

isn't snopes run by libtards?

Yes, but I hope they are the kind of libtards that are just misguided and still value truth even when it damages their political allies.  The more people that send them messages about this urging them to change it to more accurately reflect reality the better.

If they do change it, I think it is a sign Snopes.com can be trusted.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top