Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2013 4:45:46 PM EDT
After the whole UN gun ban thingy they really kind of pissed me off.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#1]
JPFO.org
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#2]
NAGR with lowered rates of NRA anti-venom now!
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#3]
NAGR

GOA

SAF
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Suck it up and support them.  They are the only gun group on the Hill that anyone really pays attention to.  Theres strength in numbers, and right now the NRA has the biggest membership numbers (but needs more) to fight a ban.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 4:56:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
NAGR
GOA
SAF

SAF is good for litigation. GOA is good for publicity.  Neither one is even in the same ballpark for lobbying and political arm twisting as the NRA.  Use the right tool for the right job; dont try and hammer with a screwdriver.  Right now we need top shelf lobbyists.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Seems like a lot of people are just looking for excuses NOT to join. Any excuse will do.

Don't feel bad, I have several friends who "love" their guns but are the same way. Can't be bothered to drop $25 on an NRA membership because of ______________________ (insert bullshit reason here) but some how come up with money to buy new guns and ammo and whatever else.

One of my friends finally came around, at least.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:02:09 PM EDT
[#8]
NRA. Join and get it changed. ARFCOM helped elect a board member that is black rifle friendly. Inside participation for change is the way.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:02:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Since all of the gun ban BS has been getting tossed around, what groups have you heard mentioned????  Just one, NRA.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#10]

> > > JOIN THEM ALL < < <

what better way to show support then to be a member of each organization
and be sure to place all the member decals right in the middle of your rear window so all the anti-assholes can see them!

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#11]
  dbl tap

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Congress does not listen to anybody else.

this

suck it up and support them

really sad we are only 4 million strong

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:14:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Seems like a lot of people are just looking for excuses NOT to join. Any excuse will do.

Don't feel bad, I have several friends who "love" their guns but are the same way. Can't be bothered to drop $25 on an NRA membership because of ______________________ (insert bullshit reason here) but some how come up with money to buy new guns and ammo and whatever else.

I think I may buy my Mom and Dad a gift membership, each. They won't object.

Maybe that's a way forward. And no I'm not swimming in hundies like Scrooge McDuck, I just think its that important.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Some of you fuckers just need to join the brady campaign and get it over with.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#15]
just joined SAF
already member of NRA

would like to donate my time to them in addition but dont know how
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I am still currently a member of the NRA. so some of you can slow your roll.... I am just at other groups.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#17]
I couldn't decide so I joined GOA, SAF, the NRA (for life) and donated to the NRA-ILA.  If you can spare anything, do it. Do it now or practice using a muzzleloader.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Congress does not listen to anybody else.

this
suck it up and support them
really sad we are only 4 million strong

There's more kids who take Flintstone Vitamins than NRA members. That's sad.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
NRA. Join and get it changed. ARFCOM helped elect a board member that is black rifle friendly. Inside participation for change is the way.

We got Direct Action And Ronnie is on the board too I do believe.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NAGR

GOA

SAF

SAF is good for litigation. GOA is good for publicity.  Neither one is even in the same ballpark for lobbying and political arm twisting as the NRA.  Use the right tool for the right job; dont try and hammer with a screwdriver.  Right now we need top shelf lobbyists.
We need to send them all some money if we can afford it.  We need as many dogs in this fight as possible.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
NAGR
GOA
SAF

We need to send them all some money if we can afford it.  We need as many dogs in this fight as possible.

No, we need one big, mean old junkyard dog that will rip your fucking throat out, not a bunch of yappy little anklebiters.  That big dog is the NRA.

So better to make that dog even bigger and meaner.  Help pump up the NRA's membership numbers with some $10 associate memberships for friends and family. Because when a lobbyist from the NRA can walk into a legislators office and say "I've got 100,000  NRA members just in your state who are going to be mad as hell and reminded of your betrayal in the midterms", its going to get their attention like a junkyard dog gnawing on their goddamned face.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:07:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NAGR

GOA

SAF

No, we need one big, mean old junkyard dog that will rip your fucking throat out, not a bunch of yappy little anklebiters.  That big dog is the NRA.

So better to make that dog even bigger and meaner.  Help pump up the NRA's membership numbers with some $10 associate memberships for friends and family. Because when a lobbyist from the NRA can walk into a legislators office and say "I've got 100,000  NRA members just in your state who are going to be mad as hell and reminded of your betrayal in the midterms", its going to get their attention like a junkyard dog gnawing on their goddamned face.

I can't disagree!

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#24]
I say NRA or SAF.  JPFO does some good work.  Not a fan of GOA.  As for NAGR----

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1269051_Scam_being_run_by_the_National_Association_for_Gun_Rights.html

Screw them.

As to the people saying join all, no thanks.  Basic membership goes to specific things, by joinging 5 orgs you are diluting the funding.  Pick one or two then donate something beyond the dues.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:26:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Don't feel bad, I have several friends who "love" their guns but are the same way. Can't be bothered to drop $25 on an NRA membership because of _THEY'RE A BUNCH OF FRUITCAKES_  but some how come up with money to buy new guns and ammo and whatever else.

If I wanted to listen to things like John Bolton raving about BS, I could just turn on the appropriate talk radio station.  They used to be careful in how they communicated and who they would support.  4 million members can't make the nation do whatever we want and certainly won't get much respect by spouting crap.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:27:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Suck it up and support them.  They are the only gun group on the Hill that anyone really pays attention to.  Theres strength in numbers, and right now the NRA has the biggest membership numbers (but needs more) to fight a ban.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Stick to your principles man! Don't support any half asses.  All or nothing!

Or

You can help to support the only group that is going to be able to prevent quick and permanent damage to your 2nd Amendment rights.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:32:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Ain't that the damn truth.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:33:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Your choices are the NRA or the Brady Campaign. You don't have to like everything they say or do, you just have to like one more than the other. Now make your choice and become a member of one or the other.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#30]
The most effective defense in this bloody battle starts with the NRA. They are our strongest voice no matter how one feels about them. There is no worthy excuse not to join.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#31]
wait. NRA caved on the GUnban?

I have asticker form the NRA that says STOP THE UN GUN BAN.

wtf?
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

and be sure to place all the member decals right in the middle of your rear window so all the anti-assholes can see them!

This. Besides if you become a life member you can actually affect the direction of the organization. More of us sport-utility rifle owners need to become life members and strengthen the ranks. NRA, GOA, JPFO, SAF, etc.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
wait. NRA caved on the GUnban?

I have asticker form the NRA that says STOP THE UN GUN BAN.

wtf?

What are you talking about?

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Besides if you become a life member you can actually affect the direction of the organization. More of us sport-utility rifle owners need to become life members and strengthen the ranks. NRA, GOA, JPFO, SAF, etc.

Exactly how do you imagine being able to "affect the direction" of an organization like GOA?

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Since all of the gun ban BS has been getting tossed around, what groups have you heard mentioned????  Just one, NRA.

When Joe Manchin did his about-face a couple of weeks ago, before which group did he grovel?

Certainly wasn't the GOA.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Who says they haven't
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This.

No other groups named by media or politicians.

That should tell you who the big boy is.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What about the UN gun ban(which hasn't appeared here)?

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:23:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq0FnVNUrXI

I was one of the people who got called by their telemarketers for a larger donation because the UN was going to come for our guns atleast according to the guy on the other end of the line.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq0FnVNUrXI

I was one of the people who got called by their telemarketers for a larger donation because the UN was going to come for our guns atleast according to the guy on the other end of the line.

I've been an NRA member for about 10 years.  A couple years ago, with help from a gentleman here, became a life member.  Recently I upgraded that life membership to endowment.  I have never, not even once, received a phone call from the NRA.  I've received mailings, and emails targets towards residents of whatever state I am living in at the time, but they are easy to deal with.  While I know it does happen, there are reasons for them wanting to raise money, and there are always additional ways to avoid the phone calls.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#42]
I started this thread to see what was out there I'm not trying to turn anyone away from the NRA even my son is a card carrying member of the NRA. As a publication and a shooting sports group they a lof of good they got me into practical shooting competion.Maybe I caught the wrong telemarketer at the right time.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:42:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Maybe I caught the wrong telemarketer at the right time.

Possibly.  Telemarketers always get me at the wrong time.  Many state organizations seem to be useful at arguing against state laws.  As mentioned above, the NRA seems to be the one entity that the clowns in DC pay any attention to.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Initial 11 sign12
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The REALUN agenda to control.small arms worldwide?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The REALUN agenda to control.small arms worldwide?

Basicly somethint to the effect tha dudes in bluehelmets were gonna come and disarm me. So they need more money

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Support the NRA. That is who will hold the line on lobbying. As for the others....

Definitely the SAF! They kick ass in the courts and have drastically out done the NRA there.
GOA, they are blow hards, but are needed to hold the feet of the NRA to the fire. Remember after Columbine?
CCRKBA, lobbying wing of SAF, not as effective as the NRA, and I would not support CCRKBA at the expense of the NRA.
After the NRA and SAF, before the others, whatever state organization you have

NAGR, a bullshit scam

I am a
Benefactor Member of the NRA
Committee member of my local Friends of the NRA Committie
Golden Eagles NRA (figured they could use money and my membership is to the top already)
Life member SAF
Life member GOA
Life Member CCRKBA

And I promise you I make far less than most people on this board.

But my short answer is the above organizations
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top