Posted: 1/3/2013 1:20:57 PM EDT
DS

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#1]
what a douche.

No need to embellish...
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Did he just age like 15 years since I saw him last season?

Speed
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 1:27:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn put him on the moonshiner show
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Takes a man to confess.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Takes a man to confess.

Agreed.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
what a douche.

No need to embellish...

Except just about everything you see on TV is embellished, or plain old fake.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Did he just age like 15 years since I saw him last season?

Speed

That's what I thought.  I seen him and was like who the fuck is this??  Then I was like ahhhh
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Show was better with Dave. New guy is a high speed douche.  Drank his piss in the first episode.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 1:33:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Show was better with Dave. New guy is a high speed douche.  Drank his piss in the first episode.

No doubt. Dave was my favorite out of the Him, the new guy and Cody.

Sucks he embellished but I can understand why he did. It's not everyday you have a chance at having your own show on the Discovery channel.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

But, but  he was a member of a Top Secret Government arganization..Thats what his bio says on discovery.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, regardless what you think of his embellishing, his survival skills/advice, or the show, he offered what certainly appears to be a heartfelt, public mea culpa.  I can respect that.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 1:45:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Good on him.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Dave, I liked him before and even more now.  Takes a man to apologize especially in a positive manner and not crybaby about his circumstances.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#15]
He talks slow.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Dave, I liked him before and even more now.  Takes a man to apologize especially in a positive manner and not crybaby about his circumstances.

Agreed.  Liked him before, liked him after and still like him now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 1:56:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Takes a man to confess.

This!  Drive on soldier!
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well, regardless what you think of his embellishing, his survival skills/advice, or the show, he offered what certainly appears to be a heartfelt, public mea culpa.  I can respect that.

Agree.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 1:59:26 PM EDT
[#19]
tag for later
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#20]
So so far the responses are: It's ok to lie to get the job, as long as you apologize afterwards when you're found out and get caught.

Fuck that....how about don't lie on your fucking resume to get a job?

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:01:02 PM EDT
[#21]
hell yeah i can respect a man who can admit when he fucked up
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

/This!
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#23]
New guy.....Delta/CAG/ACE?

Whats everyone think?

Jump and SCUBA, super secret anti terrorist/hostage rescue, Marine FR and Army Spec Ops.  Those pictures they show of him sure do scream D Boy.  Sounds/looks ike the type of guy that gets tapped for whatever it is theyre calling Delta now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:05:52 PM EDT
[#24]
I liked Dave on the show. I thought he and Cody had a good relationship. If I were the Discovery Channel I just would have ignored it and kept on with the show. I haven't watched the new season, but I hear the new guy is kind of uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So so far the responses are: It's ok to lie to get the job, as long as you apologize afterwards when you're found out and get caught.

Or even better, don't get caught!
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm used to Yeager responses so this is a breath of fresh air.  He sounds like a decent man.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Holy Fuck that guy aged like 40 years, looks like shit.

I like Cody better anyhow, and will continue watching DS
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:08:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Everybody fucks up from time to time.

The right thing to do is admit it, ask forgiveness from God and from those you hurt, then move on.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I liked Dave on the show. I thought he and Cody had a good relationship. If I were the Discovery Channel I just would have ignored it and kept on with the show. I haven't watched the new season, but I hear the new guy is kind of uncomfortable.

I'm sure it won't be around for a fourth season,the dynamic is totally different.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:09:04 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Everyone makes mistakes.  He's trying to make it right.   Adjust your halo and move on.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:11:00 PM EDT
[#31]
He lied on a resume.

Normally, that wouldn't be a big issue in itself, but he lied about military service on his resume.

That tends to touch a real nerve for many who have served.

I always thought he was a kind of blowhard, but seeing him getting his ass kicked on TV sometimes stripped away the tough guy persona enough that I was entertained

Speed
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#32]
...And not one single fuck was given that day.  

It's TV for crying out loud.  I don't believe 99.9% of it anyway.  I couldn't care less that he lied on his application.  He sure as hell wasn't the first to do it, and won't be the last.  

Fucking BHO lied on his.

Edit: He lied about military service?  That ain't cool.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll still give the new guy a chance.   Set up, or not he kinda freaked me out killing that pig. Looked like he was having a flashback of killing Taliban, or some shit.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Takes a man to confess.

He didn't confess anything. He got caught lying red handed with actual proof to back it up. He's just trying to save face now. I like the guy and thought he was great on the show, but this doesn't count as a confession. If he did it before he got caught that's a different story.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I havent ever seen the show so ive got no dog in the fight but:

Was he actually unable to perform on the show and do the whole "survival" schtick or not?
Or
Is this a case of "oh well he lied so we have to drop him" kinda deal?

In genuinely asking anyone who has watched.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

/This!

Yep.
No big deal. Nobody was hurt by this. I've dealt with lots of .mil war vets who certainly push the envelope about what they actually did there. It's not like the stolen valor guys who buy a uniform from the surplus store.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:15:44 PM EDT
[#37]
TL;DL
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:16:06 PM EDT
[#38]
The guy is a db.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
New guy.....Delta/CAG/ACE?

Whats everyone think?

Jump and SCUBA, super secret anti terrorist/hostage rescue, Marine FR and Army Spec Ops.  Those pictures they show of him sure do scream D Boy.  Sounds/looks ike the type of guy that gets tapped for whatever it is theyre calling Delta now.

Think little town in Va.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#40]
I just watched the first show of the 3rd season. It will take some time to see if it still going to work. Dave and Cody were a great match.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Gotta agree with this. Nobody forced him to lie.

I thought Arfcom hated posers.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:22:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Yup.   FREE DAVE CANTURBURY!!!!

The new guy SUCKS!!!

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:24:33 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I havent ever seen the show so ive got no dog in the fight but:

Was he actually unable to perform on the show and do the whole "survival" schtick or not?

Or

Is this a case of "oh well he lied so we have to drop him" kinda deal?

In genuinely asking anyone who has watched.

He could do the job...I enjoyed watching him.

They dropped him b/c he lied about what he had done in order to get the job. He was hired and they pushed him on the show utilizing his background in the military...which he lied about.

To all those saying it's ok to make mistakes...I agree. But he thought about it, knew it was wrong, and drove on anyway with putting in his resume as it read. Try that out here in the "real" world...see how that works out.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:26:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apparently as long as you make a video on youtube and tell everyone that you've asked God for forgiveness, it's ok...

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Takes a man to confess.

Agreed

Also takes maturity to forgive.  

A phrase rings out....

"let he who is without sin .........
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:31:05 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Takes a man to confess.

No. It takes a man to come forward and admit lying before getting caught. Doing so after is just a pathetic attempt to salvage a career... That said, I liked him on the show....

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:31:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently as long as you make a video on youtube and tell everyone that you've asked God for forgiveness, it's ok...

Like he said in the video, we have all done things we aren't proud of. He manned up and admitted he did wrong. It does hurt his credibility a bit, but it also shows that he's willing to take responsibility.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Takes a man to confess.

Agreed

Also takes maturity to forgive.  

A phrase rings out....

"let he who is without sin .........

.... fraudulently get his own TV show?"

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:32:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Cliff notes anyone? For those that dont know the story?
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#50]
He didn't embellish, those were straight lies. When he really admits to what he did I might be able to look at him differently and is anyone else surprised he was 95b(MP). I've found lots of police types want to be someone and unfortunately the authority that comes with police work attracts a lot of scum bags.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top