Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/1/2013 9:42:55 PM EDT
I know there is the obvious answer of ...... to say nothing about how she runs around in jeans and tee's.

But then again, there was Peri to say nothing of what she could to do with a tied blouse.

But really, when it comes to skimpiness, there is no arguing with Leela.

So it's got to be more than just sexual appearance..........right?
_____________________________________________________________________________________
("You can't run around 19th century London in skins......you'll scare the horses."--The Doctor, (w,stte), Dr. Who, "The Talons of Weng-Chiang")
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Rose Tyler's sweet ass
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 9:58:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm kinda partial to Martha Jones
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not convinced that Rose was the best companion, but many of the best episodes of New Who were during her run on the show.

In terms of hotness, Amy Pond FTW!
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:03:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Rose Tyler's sweet ass

And giant teeth?  She might be the best example of a butterface I've ever seen.  And, judging by recent pictures I've seen, she isn't aging well.  

She had a smoking hot body, though.

Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:06:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I know there is the obvious answer of ...... to say nothing about how she runs around in jeans and tee's.

But then again, there was Peri to say nothing of what she could to do with a tied blouse.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
("You can't run around 19th century London in skins......you'll scare the horses."--The Doctor, (w,stte), Dr. Who, "The Talons of Weng-Chiang")

Rose's face looks like someone set it on fire and tried to put it out with a screwdriver.

Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm not convinced that Rose was the best companion, but many of the best episodes of New Who were during her run on the show.

In terms of hotness, Amy Pond FTW!

yep on both
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:08:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rose's face looks like someone set it on fire and tried to put it out with a screwdriver.

Especially now.  The chipmunk teeth and cheeks were kinda oddly cut when she was in her early 20s.  Nearly a decade later, not so much.  She still has a gray body, though.

EDIT:  And most of women on my hottest celebrities list are over 30, so I'm not criticizing her simply for getting older.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:09:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Cause she's a prostitute?

I don't know bout you, but Amy does it for me!
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:09:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Check out Billie Piper on Secret Diary of a Call Girl
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:11:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Rose isn't just hot, though she is that, she's a 20 or so year old that "got it", she was shown the ways of the galaxy, given an education as it were. I agree though that the new Who did a good job in picking new companions, I really like all of them. But Rose is still my favorite.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thats because it was before Smith, Tennant was a much better Doctor. Even Eccelston was better.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:15:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats because it was before Smith, Tennant was a much better Doctor. Even Eccelston was better.

I thought that Eccleston was amazing, Tennant was great and Smith is decent.  Thankfully the writing on the show is still strong, so I can overlook the changes in The Doctor.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought that Eccleston was amazing, Tennant was great and Smith is decent.  Thankfully the writing on the show is still strong, so I can overlook the changes in The Doctor.

Eccleston is the best but the special effect, story and music on his show were really lacking.

If you go watch his shows vs the new ones with the bowtie boy, you'll notice that they have much higher budgets to work with.

I think given the limited funds that Eccleston had. He made a great character and show.
It's a shame tho that he got out of the role.

He claimed it was because typecasting and not wanting stuck in that role.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:20:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Rose was hotness personified.

But Gwen Cooper really got my adrenaline pumping. Too bad she never got to be one of the Doctor's companions.

(But yes, if Martha Jones wanted to have my baby, I wouldn't say no either).

Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Martha Jones, for me, was the best after Rose. Again a hottie, but she not only "got it", she was involved in Bad Wolf whether she knew it or not.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:22:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[

I hated Smith at first, admittedly I've warmed a little bit but I'm hopeful the next Doctor will be better, I think this 2013 is the last year for Smith.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:27:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Rose created "The Face of Moog" or whatever name Capt. Jack's head became to be known by.

Kinda sucks to be immortal, get beheaded, and have your head laying around for millenia.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Rose created "The Face of Moog" or whatever name Capt. Jack's head became to be known by.

Kinda sucks to be immortal, get beheaded, and have your head laying around for millenia.

Face of Boe...

Although the Face of Moog is kind of a hilarious villan name.

I find the new girl to be rather yummy also, but Amy is just scrumptious....
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:41:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Dr. Who on a gun board....never thought I would see the day. That said Amy Pond is one top notch POA to be sure. Jenna Louise-Coleman i think may be the best yet. She is a looker for sure.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I was a Pond fan until I saw Oswin. Holy shit she is perfection. (I will always have a warm fuzzy for Rose)

Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:43:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I was a Pond fan until I saw Oswin. Holy shit she is perfection. (I will always have a warm fuzzy for Rose)
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll193/zug556/DrampOswin_zps086667b7.jpg

Hmmm, reminds me of one of the model/players I've photographed in past years. Afraid I can't post the picture for comparison......but she has that nice, pure as snowflake, look that knocks men over.

Quoted:
Dr. Who on a gun board....never thought I would see the day. That said Amy Pond is one top notch POA to be sure. Jenna Louise-Coleman i think may be the best yet. She is a looker for sure.

I see you don't have many posts here. Relax, I'm sure we will surprise you a lot as time moves along.

I thought that Eccleston was amazing, Tennant was great and Smith is decent. Thankfully the writing on the show is still strong, so I can overlook the changes in The Doctor.

Of the new Doctors, I like Eccleston the best but Tennant is pretty good, too. Don't know who Smith is (get there in a moment).

The curious thing about Eccleston is, to me, that comes across as a Stan Laurel! When he is caught in an uncomfortable position, he gives that smile......and he's like Stan Laurel.

As far as Mr. Smith goes, well, the problem is the Doctor Who is shown on, in my region, on Sci Fi Channel........and that channel burnt its last bridge with me right after Baltar's trial on BSG. I just don't care to watch it anymore. It's not just a matter of watching the shows I do like because its constant, in your face, we are so full of ourselves and we don't care, advertising is everywhere.....and I'm not going to put up with it. I don't get BBC America.

As far as why I'm hooked on Romana II, it comes down to who would I want to be. Differences between boys and girls, I guess.

STILL, when I get off work, I might go home and have something of a marathon for a while. I was watching "The Girl in the Fireplace" before I came in. Watch some new and old.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
("[to Mickey] And you decided to scream......Like a little girl!.........Nine, maybe ten years old. I'm seeing pigtails and a frilly skirt."--The Doctor, (w,stte), Dr. Who, "School Reunion")
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I am going to miss Amy, but the new girl is cute as hell.  She's got a lot of character to make up for to be a good replacement though.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:46:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I thought that Eccleston was amazing, Tennant was great and Smith is decent. Thankfully the writing on the show is still strong, so I can overlook the changes in The Doctor.

Of the new Doctors, I like Eccleston the best but Tennant is pretty good, too. Don't know who Smith is (get there in a moment).

The curious thing about Eccleston is, to me, that comes across as a Stan Laurel! When he is caught in an uncomfortable position, he gives that smile......and he's like Stan Laurel.

As far as Mr. Smith goes, well, the problem is the Doctor Who is shown on, in my region, on Sci Fi Channel........and that channel burnt its last bridge with me right after Baltar's trial on BSG. I just don't care to watch it anymore. It's not just a matter of watching the shows I do like because its constant, in your face, we are so full of ourselves and we don't care, advertising is everywhere.....and I'm not going to put up with it. I don't get BBC America.

As far as why I'm hooked on Romana II, it comes down to who would I want to be. Differences between boys and girls, I guess.

STILL, when I get off work, I might go home and have something of a marathon for a while. I was watching "The Girl in the Fireplace" before I came in. Watch some new and old.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
("[to Mickey] And you decided to scream......Like a little girl!.........Nine, maybe ten years old. I'm seeing pigtails and a frilly skirt."--The Doctor, (w,stte), Dr. Who, "School Reunion")

I don't have cable, so I watch the episodes on Project Free TV.  The Christmas episode was rather good.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:48:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eccleston is the best but the special effect, story and music on his show were really lacking.

If you go watch his shows vs the new ones with the bowtie boy, you'll notice that they have much higher budgets to work with.

I think given the limited funds that Eccleston had. He made a great character and show.
It's a shame tho that he got out of the role.

He claimed it was because typecasting and not wanting stuck in that role.

Eccleston had some great shows, but I think that the overall seasons were better with Tennant.  Probably due in part to the budgets.

My favorite New Who episode by far was with Eccleston, though: The Empty Child.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:50:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Pond was the best.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:50:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
[

I hated Smith at first, admittedly I've warmed a little bit but I'm hopeful the next Doctor will be better, I think this 2013 is the last year for Smith.

Yeah, I didn't care for the first few episodes with Smith.  I like him now, though.  I think he's good, but pales in comparison to Eccleston and Tennant.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll193/zug556/DrampOswin_zps086667b7.jpg

Hmmm, reminds me of one of the model/players I've photographed in past years. Afraid I can't post the picture for comparison......but she has that nice, pure as snowflake, look that knocks men over.

Quoted:

I see you don't have many posts here. Relax, I'm sure we will surprise you a lot as time moves along.

Do you have BBC or BBC America?  That's where I watch it.  And I caught the most recent Torchwood on Starz.

I think Eccleston had a quirkiness to him that really fits who The Doctor is supposed to be.  The other two are more like pretty-boys.  Still kinda quirky, but pretty-boys just the same.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:54:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Eccleston, Tennant and Smith I think are by far the best actors to have played the Doctor period. The real reason why it is actually great TV now is Steven Moffat. If you like the Dr. check out Sherlock, really amazing stuff there.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:55:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I am going to miss Amy, but the new girl is cute as hell.  She's got a lot of character to make up for to be a good replacement though.

Donna Noble was another good companion.  Maybe even the second best of the new bunch.  Rose was the best of the new companions, though maybe not the best of all time.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:55:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Rose... but then again, Amelia...
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 10:57:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Never thought of the Eccelston / Stan Laurel connection, but I get it. One of the things I liked about his Dr. was his grin in the face of SHTF, and "let's do it!".. lol
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 11:44:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Smith sounds like he comes across like Peter Davison; younger than than those before, more caring, perhaps more athletic.

Of course, old Dr. Who was certainly a children's show, so a young Doctor running around with practically children (Nyssa, Adric, Turlough) is okay............but by adult standards, it's a little weird.

Davison is interesting in a way to me, but it may be more because of what I was going through when I saw those episodes. Cold nights alone on a barrier island community where it was quite dead quiet.

About Project Free TV: to each their own but I'm a goody two shoes and have a hard time with that system. Enough said.

Quoted:
Do you have BBC or BBC America?  That's where I watch it.  And I caught the most recent Torchwood on Starz.

I think Eccleston had a quirkiness to him that really fits who The Doctor is supposed to be.  The other two are more like pretty-boys.  Still kinda quirky, but pretty-boys just the same.

Actually, I have none of them. Mom had Dish and BBC America, probably Starz, but me, I'm basic extended cable and really, I don't think I'm going to pay for much more than that. As it is, my TV's are hardly ever off TCM.

As far as who the Doctor is suppose to be, that's a toughie. Seen one of the 1st, some of the 2nd, a lot of the 3rd, all of the 4th, almost all of the 5th, most of the 6th, and only saw the 7th where he gets shot. Saw the movie of the 8th, and then we come into Eccleston and beyond. Further, I've read MASSIVE amounts of the paperbacks of the old series. Of course, there can be massive differences in who is suppose to be based on his background, unknown, prisoner, renegade, new charges, sole survivor (makes one wonder what happened to those like Drax and Romana II in that claim)....anyhow!

But that is part of the thing. With most TV shows, I imagine my own write in character. With Dr. Who, though, for some reason, probably the above, it is easier to be one of them, preferably someone SMART!

But.....if not Romana II, then who? Nyssa.  The new ones are just too much out of my time line to be that much fun ALTHOUGH I do like Rose's hitchhiker type of approach in such episodes as "The Long Game". Of course, it really isn't a hitchhiker's approach to things....when one has the resources of the TARDIS behind them. Further, for a modern British girl, who supposedly grew up in a gun free atmosphere, she certainly picks up a "rifle" easily enough.

But if not be one, who would I want to hang out with? Boy wise, Sgt. Benton (let's face it, there really isn't that much selection boy wise and Benton is the 100 where the next stop is a 75 (Harry Sullivan)). Girl wise? Peri..........and maybe Rose. Like I said, different worlds, different approaches, and we just might be an irritant to each other.

Not too crazy about the current control room either. I can go for the old "white stone" type, but there is a certain amount of charm in the wooden one, too.

Going down memory lane......it might be a rather fun marathon over the next few days.
("Oh, should've known, the way you guys are blending in with the local colour. I mean, Flag Girl was bad enough, but U-boat Captain?"--Captain Jack Harkness, (w,stte), Dr. Who, "The Empty Child")
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 11:50:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Pond was the best.

Link Posted: 1/1/2013 11:55:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Smith sounds like he comes across like Peter Davison; younger than than those before, more caring, perhaps more athletic.

Also, when he's pissed, it shows.  I don't know why, but I think if fills out the character better, lets you know you don't want to piss him off.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:45:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:46:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

10th Doctor is best doctor
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:49:50 AM EDT
[#37]
I miss Rose but recently caught confessions of a call girl with her... HOLY SHIT!! do want.

As for the latest three, it is somewhat odd seeing the progression and I think they have it somewhat out of order.
Ecklson is great in his own right and is a nice progression from kiddy show doc to the darrker version we have now.
Now the debate of Tennant and Smith, I would have loved to see Smith before Tennant because it was to much of a jump from CE to DT in terms of darkness.
But ir does somewhat explain it on the Christmas special since he was regenerated as a combat doc.

Smith has gone from the darkness of the last DR. to somewhat dark in his own right and not as brooding, more like a reserved pissed.

Will be interesting to see how they continue the story.

Oh and thought the Doctor's daughter was WAY hotter than Rose.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 12:56:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I forgot to answer this question...

To me, it's more than sexual appearance.  I've thought that all the new companions were attractive and all did a good job, but there's kinda an inverse relationship between who I find the most attractive and who I found to be the best.

My rankings for attractiveness:

1) Amy Pond
2) Martha Jones
3) Billie Piper
4) Donna Noble

My rankings for how good they did as companions:

1) Billie Piper
2) Donna Noble
3) Martha Jones
4) Amy Pond

I haven't seen enough of the old Doctor Who shows to rank the old companions and the latest lady just got started, so it's too soon to rank her.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 1:36:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Why Rose Tyler? She doesn't sit on her ass waiting for someone to come save her. Sure Peri was delicious, but Rose was fearless. She would wade right into the middle of the worst situations and start swinging. She has a certain respectability about her. In the Stolen Earth, how does chick show up? With a rifle in her hand. The only other companion that would do that would be Ace. Ace wasn't very attractive, but when she goes on the attack...well, she can hide in my survival bunker any day

Ace attacks Dalek with bat
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 3:03:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Why Rose Tyler? She doesn't sit on her ass waiting for someone to come save her. Sure Peri was delicious, but Rose was fearless. She would wade right into the middle of the worst situations and start swinging. She has a certain respectability about her. In the Stolen Earth, how does chick show up? With a rifle in her hand. The only other companion that would do that would be Ace. Ace wasn't very attractive, but when she goes on the attack...well, she can hide in my survival bunker any day

Well, part of that is, of course, how the story is written. That's why the late Mary Tamm, Romana I, left. She wanted a part where the Doctor wasn't always rescuing her and despite being assured that the part would eventually turn that way, it didn't for her. So she left the show.

Now, let me see about Peri being helpless, let me address that in memory. Probably so (can't recall any situations, really, where she is the rescuer...........but she did make a delightful damsel in distress), but that is, after all, the era of things. Shows where women kick ass won't really start till the mid 90's, ten years later. Sure, there are exceptions here and there, sort of a 30% with Romana II, perhaps 20% with Nyssa, 50% with Leela, and, MAYBE, 15% with Tegan (this is all on a very quick calculation), but for the most part, it's not in the script to happen. I mean, can one picture Colin Baker's Doctor allowing a mere woman the stand out more than him?

On Leela; she's probably the closest to Rose on fighting. She might not always be successful, needed rescuing from time to time, but she was always ready to pick up any weapon and go on the offensive.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
("Are there any special rituals I must perform, sacrifices I must make?"--Leela
"No, just be there...........although, it will certainly help the process if you can avoid killing anyone."--Andred, (w,stte), Dr. Who, "The Invasion of Time")
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 3:04:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yep.  Rose was definitely the most bad-ass of the new companions.

And the old Daleks must have been pussies if you could rock one with a baseball bat.  The new ones are even impervious to bullets!
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 3:19:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If the topic is "the cutest compantion" then I have to +1 the vote for Lalla Ward (Romana II). She was actually married to Tom Baker (the Doctor she appeared with) for a few years.

On the other hand if the topic is favourite compantion in general, Sarah Jane Smith (Elizabeth Sladen) tips the scale slightly ahead of Romana II for me. I was suprised when the Beeb brought her back for the rebooted series.

To be honest I lost track of Dr Who for many years. I started watching when Patrick Troughton was in his final season as the Doctor and drifted away around the end of Tom Baker/start of Peter Davidson. I didn't pay it much mind again until the end of Chris Eccleston/start of David Tennant.

And for something a little different: http://www.mechmaster.co.uk/cg-lair/daleks/secemp00.htm
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 3:23:18 AM EDT
[#43]
I always thought it was "The Ponds' " since the Dr. ended up marrying their daughter. However, with the 2012 X-mas special introducing a new yet familiar companion, I have high hopes for the next season.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 3:57:48 AM EDT
[#44]
As listed above, SJS was by far my favorite companion.  

Rose was fantastic because she was paired with a darker Doctor.  CE might have been a goofy Doctor, but there was a kind of desperate madness to his character at the same time.  With DT, it turned into a sort of lingering darkness under the comedy.  The newest incarnation is just fluff and befuddlement.  Instead of darkness, he's just confused and mildly angry at times.  It doesn't work.

Rose played a perfect foil to the darkness to keep the Doctors in check.  The Ponds just needed to keep the newest Doctor on a kiddie leash to prevent most of their adventures.

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 4:07:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Face of Boe...

Although the Face of Moog is kind of a hilarious villan name.

I find the new girl to be rather yummy also, but Amy is just scrumptious....

I missed that ESP.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 4:19:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Im partial to Miss Pond as well
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 4:32:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Yep.  Rose was definitely the most bad-ass of the new companions.

And the old Daleks must have been pussies if you could rock one with a baseball bat.  The new ones are even impervious to bullets!

One might want to think of the Daleks as if they are Sherman tanks. So many critical points that one can be taken out easily in the right circumstances...but there dozens more of them with the positional advantage.

Sarah Jane Smith is the first one I came across in the early 80's, but not for long since my first episode was "The Hand of Fear". Now, I fully expected the Doctor to return for her after "The Deadly Assassin" (I didn't understand the show then), but of course, he didn't. It wouldn't be until a few years later, after Leela, after the Romanas, when I caught up with her again.

So why not her for me? Essentially, she brings nothing, as far as I can see, to the table. She is very much the damsel who needs to be rescued; in fact, the Doctor has to use her helplessness to anger her to propel her on a space station. Now, it's not always true. She knew enough not to drink Solon's wine, rescues the Doc, she can shoot straight, and so forth, but it's intermittent. But not to slash another's fav; she's just not mine. In fact as things go, I think she did rescue the Doc quite often, one way or another.

Not sure if I see Chris as a dark Doctor but it just might be in a world where there are so many dark characters to begin with, a dark Batman, a dark Adama, what Chris is is a star among the new way of doing things. Further, when you've seen Colin Baker's Doctor, tittering on the edge of murder, Chris can seem rather angelic.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
("I am going to gather my things and go home!"--Sarah Jane, (w,stte), Dr. Who, "The Hand of Fear")
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 5:11:07 AM EDT
[#48]
I grew up fap ... I mean watching Sarah Jane
]
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 5:19:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Teegan ftw
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 5:31:30 AM EDT
[#50]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top