When it sinks the boat.

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
All of it.

^this.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:40:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Right here are the correct answers.  Perfect visionary answers.  Especially line 2.  I have nowhere near what most have posted, but I'm ok with it- sitting here in the Lazy-Boy and no one is trying to kill me.

Quoted:
When your walls bow out and your floor joists start twisting.
When you have to kick loose rounds back in the house when you open a door.
When it starts turning up in the vacuum cleaner. And dishwasher. And Fido's lawn brownies.
When you have life alert pendants stashed everywhere in case of ammalanches and fear being buried alive.
When you start keeping your shades closed because that one time you saw blue dots for an hour and a half due to the extremely bright glare off the piles of shining brass....

Then you have a decent start.

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
All of it.

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:43:34 PM EDT
[#5]
12,500 rounds sounds like a great stash. If you are keeping it stable (replace what you shoot, I know, hard to do now) then I wouldn't be too worried.

I have tried to not touch any of my stash and buy/load new as needed. I may have gone overboard with 22lr though, I keep running out of ammo cans!
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#6]
do all you guys really think bragging on how much ammo you have on hand in your homes is wise in such "interesting times"?

really.  

this is the internets.  anyone can read that stuff.  sheesh.  

-tom
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#7]
all of it?
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I can definitely say that my personal answer to this has gone up by about ten-fold since all this Sandy Hook fallout. What I thought was enough now isn't enough to take a trip to the range without lamenting the ammo spent. Shits worth more than gold, and a hell of a lot more useful.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 6:23:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
figure out if you are willing to go on the offensive, or stay on the defensive.

if you are going offensive, than you probably do not have enough, if you are going to stay on the defensive, then about 500 rounds is enough.

What if the other guy is on the offensive?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top