Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/27/2012 5:04:16 PM EDT
I'm looking for the coroner's report and police report from the Sandy Hook shootings? Are they public yet? Do I have to make a FOIA request or are they posted somewhere?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#1]
What in the hell?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I heard the coroner is dead.  Suspicious circumstances.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Oh this will feed the Tinfoilers.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:13:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

don't do this to people
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:37:18 PM EDT
[#5]
umm.  How long is this investigation gonna take?  

billy boy

dont get me started.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#6]
JFC
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

billy boy

dont get me started.

it took about 4 months for the final Virgina tech report to come out
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:41:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

billy boy

dont get me started.

it took about 4 months for the final Virgina tech report to come out

We are a little quicker up here but I doubt by much

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

WAT?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Sealed for National Security reasons. Maybe in 20 or more years. Like the Warren Commission Report.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#12]
OP are you trying to find out if the recovered brass was from an FN 5.7x28 pistol?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

OP are you trying to find out if the recovered brass was from an FN 5.7x28 pistol?

is this what people are saying/speculating?

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I read somewhere that an AR15 was found in his car and not used in the shooting. Some reports saying that it wasnt even a AR15
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I read somewhere that an AR15 was found in his car and not used in the shooting. Some reports saying that it wasnt even a AR15

Time to post the NBC newsflash...... again........
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:30:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

you  must have read that two weeks ago and then turned off the internet.

ar-jedi

ETA:
if you are looking to get this thread locked you can simply use one of these now-locked templates to work from...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1408578_AR_not_used_in_the_Sandy_Hook_shooting_.html
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1409384_Wait__now_no_AR_used_in_CT__redux_.html
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1408154_Is_everyone_else_aware_the_media_redacted_the_AR_being_used_at_Sandy_Hook___Only_4_handguns_.html
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1408165_Adam_Lanza_had_a_SAIGA_12g_Russian_imported_shotgun_in_his_trunk__NOT_an_AR15.html
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_137/1406628_things_are_not_as_they_seem_at_Sandy_Hook____.html

Possibly or heard it from someone. I havent been on in about 2 weeks. Thanks for link
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I havent been on in about 2 weeks.

Google disagrees.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:39:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm looking for the coroner's report and police report from the Sandy Hook shootings? Are they public yet? Do I have to make a FOIA request or are they posted somewhere?

the investigation is still in process.
it will take some time.
any reports will first be presented to the families of the victims.
then they will be released to the public.

an FOIA request is not going to net you anything while there is an active investigation ongoing.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:40:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What makes you think the documents from an open investigation would be public?  

this is apparently a very confusing concept for a majority of ARFCOM'ers...

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh this will feed the Tinfoilers.

Sorry - couldn't resist the Breitbart reference.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Police: 20 children among 26 victims of Connecticut school shooting
CNN. Updated 12:19 AM EST, Sat December 15,2012

Three weapons were recovered from the school: a semi-automatic .223 Bushmaster found in a car in the school parking lot, and a Glock and a Sig Sauer found with Lanza's body, a law enforcement official familiar with the investigation said. The weapons were legally purchased by Lanza's mother, the official said.

Elementary school massacre: 20 children among 28 killed in Connecticut slaughter
NBC , 2:14am, EST, December 15, 2012.

The weapons used in the attack were legally purchased and were registered to the gunman's mother, two law enforcement officials said. Two 9mm handguns were recovered inside the school. An AR-15-type rifle also was found at the scene, but there were conflicting reports Friday night whether it had been used in the shooting.

Newtown, Ct. school shooting update: Multiple fatalities with gunman dead
Examiner.com December 14, 2012

11:40 a.m.: A report of one gunman entering the building carrying two guns and opening fire is the latest reports from eyewitnesses. There will be a news conference at 1:30 p.m. and no details will be "officially" released until then. The state police are calling this a "large scene" according to Fox News today. This is when the official word of this school shooting will be released.

Foxnewsinsider.com
December 14, 2012

11:27a ET: Associated Press reports that an official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is still under way says the man apparently had two guns.

Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting: Newtown, Connecticut Administrators, Students Among Victims, Reports Say
Huffington Post. Posted 12/14/2012

The gunman drove to the school in his mother's car, the second official said. Three guns were found — a Glock and a Sig Sauer, both pistols, inside the school, and a .223-caliber rifle in the back of a car.

New York Post
Posted 10:43AM, December 14, 2012

Lanza used two handguns — a Glock and a Sig Sauer — and a .223-caliber assault rifle, an official said. An official also said Lanza's girlfriend and another friend are missing in New Jersey.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:04:02 PM EDT
[#25]
All dead probably.

This one goes straight to vice president biden.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

And the signature on the report stating the wounds were caused by a .223 has been determined to be a forgery.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the signature on the report stating the wounds were caused by a .223 has been determined to be a forgery.

See I'm trying to find out what exactly was used. Actually i was looking for the type of bullet. But do you have a source for this?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:24:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Three weapons were recovered from the school: a semi-automatic .223 Bushmaster found in a car in the school parking lot, and a Glock and a Sig Sauer found with Lanza's body, a law enforcement official familiar with the investigation said. The weapons were legally purchased by Lanza's mother, the official said.

Elementary school massacre: 20 children among 28 killed in Connecticut slaughter

The weapons used in the attack were legally purchased and were registered to the gunman's mother, two law enforcement officials said. Two 9mm handguns were recovered inside the school. An AR-15-type rifle also was found at the scene, but there were conflicting reports Friday night whether it had been used in the shooting.

11:40 a.m.: A report of one gunman entering the building carrying two guns and opening fire is the latest reports from eyewitnesses. There will be a news conference at 1:30 p.m. and no details will be "officially" released until then. The state police are calling this a "large scene" according to Fox News today. This is when the official word of this school shooting will be released.

Foxnewsinsider.com
December 14, 2012

11:27a ET: Associated Press reports that an official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is still under way says the man apparently had two guns.

Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting: Newtown, Connecticut Administrators, Students Among Victims, Reports Say

The gunman drove to the school in his mother's car, the second official said. Three guns were found — a Glock and a Sig Sauer, both pistols, inside the school, and a .223-caliber rifle in the back of a car.

New York Post

Lanza used two handguns — a Glock and a Sig Sauer — and a .223-caliber assault rifle, an official said. An official also said Lanza's girlfriend and another friend are missing in New Jersey.

wopr:~$ date
Fri Dec 28 06:10:55 EST 2012

for every 2 week old story you repost there are a number more current articles with different information.  e.g.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook_Elementary_School_shooting
A large quantity of unused ammunition was recovered from the school along with three semi-automatic firearms found with Adam Lanza: a .223-caliber Bushmaster XM-15 rifle,[61] a 10mm Glock 20 SF handgun [5][62] and a 9mm SIG Sauer handgun.[4][63

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2012/12/us/sandy-hook-timeline/index.html

At some point before he went to the school, investigators believe Adam Lanza, 20, killed his mother, Nancy Lanza.

He grabbed three guns from the house -- a semi-automatic AR-15 assault rifle made by Bushmaster and pistols made by Glock and Sig Sauer -- and went to the elementary school wearing black fatigues and a military vest, according to a law enforcement official.

Classes were under way at the school. Approximately 700 students were present.

Earlier this year, the school principal, Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung, ordered a new security system installed that required visitors to be visibly identified and buzzed in. As part of the security system, the school locked its doors each day at 9:30 a.m.

The door was locked when the gunman arrived.

Authorities now know the gunman used "an assault weapon" to "literally (shoot) an entrance into the building," Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy said.

all that said, as you are already aware from above a lot of the media has presented misinformation due to the "fog of war".  why don't you stop reading two week old articles, enjoy the holidays, and wait for the official reports to be released?  or you can drive yourself nuts by continuing to speculate about what "really happened" based on inaccurate, real-time, now-obsolete media accounts.  

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:25:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See I'm trying to find out what exactly was used. Actually i was looking for the type of bullet. But do you have a source for this?

hint: they are messing with you.  

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:28:04 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Two words:

Mole people

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:46:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
JFC

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:02:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Foxnewsinsider.com
December 14, 2012

New York Post

wopr:~$ date
Fri Dec 28 06:10:55 EST 2012

for every 2 week old story you repost there are a number more current articles with different information.  e.g.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook_Elementary_School_shooting
A large quantity of unused ammunition was recovered from the school along with three semi-automatic firearms found with Adam Lanza: a .223-caliber Bushmaster XM-15 rifle,[61] a 10mm Glock 20 SF handgun [5][62] and a 9mm SIG Sauer handgun.[4][63

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2012/12/us/sandy-hook-timeline/index.html

At some point before he went to the school, investigators believe Adam Lanza, 20, killed his mother, Nancy Lanza.

He grabbed three guns from the house -- a semi-automatic AR-15 assault rifle made by Bushmaster and pistols made by Glock and Sig Sauer -- and went to the elementary school wearing black fatigues and a military vest, according to a law enforcement official.

Classes were under way at the school. Approximately 700 students were present.

Earlier this year, the school principal, Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung, ordered a new security system installed that required visitors to be visibly identified and buzzed in. As part of the security system, the school locked its doors each day at 9:30 a.m.

The door was locked when the gunman arrived.

Authorities now know the gunman used "an assault weapon" to "literally (shoot) an entrance into the building," Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy said.

all that said, as you are already aware from above a lot of the media has presented misinformation due to the "fog of war".  why don't you stop reading two week old articles, enjoy the holidays, and wait for the official reports to be released?  or you can drive yourself nuts by continuing to speculate about what "really happened" based on inaccurate, real-time, now-obsolete media accounts.  

ar-jedi

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/28/Deweytruman12.jpg

Quoting wiki for this? Really?

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:06:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

derp.

Quoted:
for every 2 week old story you repost there are a number more current articles with different information. e.g.

where does it say in my post that these are "facts"?

again:
Quoted:
all that said, as you are already aware from above a lot of the media has presented misinformation due to the "fog of war". why don't you stop reading two week old articles, enjoy the holidays, and wait for the official reports to be released?

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:13:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This kind of dumb shit doesn't make us look any better to the outside world, a lot of whom are "visiting" our community right now.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:13:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

derp.

herp.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:19:16 AM EDT
[#36]
I have no idea who is right in this saga, but I know that quoting the Gov. of Conn and a Wiki article won't show us the truth.  

My guess is the distinguished Gov. meant the stupid kid shot through the full glass door that was providing "security" for the kids.  He would have been better off using a hammer.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:30:34 AM EDT
[#37]
The Final Results of the Investigation will be revealed the day after the Gun Bans take effect.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:37:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:47:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The Final Results of the Investigation will be revealed the day after the Gun Bans take effect.

yes, thank you very much.

billy boy
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:57:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I have no idea who is right in this saga, but I know that quoting the Gov. of Conn and a Wiki article won't show us the truth.  

My guess is the distinguished Gov. meant the stupid kid shot through the full glass door that was providing "security" for the kids.  He would have been better off using a hammer.

The article I read illuded to him using the guns to blast a hole in the wall to get in.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:04:27 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:09:45 AM EDT
[#42]
there will be two reports! one fixed report that we'll see (limited on details of course) in the near future, and a couple years down the road, an outside investigation will find that the limited "facts" from the first report are complete and utter bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:16:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Real investigations are not like an episode of CSI where they have all the facts nice and tidy in a matter of minutes.    Months will pass I am afraid,  lots of tinfoil and rumors till then....
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:41:39 AM EDT
[#44]
What do you mean the reports aren't done???? On television they have the whole thing wrapped up in an hour and never even write reports!!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:57:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Coroner fell down and got a concussion so he won't be able to do a report for a few more months.

Oh wait his just resigned from him position so they may not call him to even make a report at this time. It really won't add anything to the case anyway.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#46]
I just want cold, hard facts! Is that so much to ask?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Apparently you are a "tinfoiler" if you don't take everything the media is feeding you for gospel.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apparently you are a "tinfoiler" if you don't take everything the media is feeding you for gospel.

Apparently, neither of you understand how an investigation of -- 20 1st graders, 6 teachers, the shooters' mother, and a suicide by the "assumed" shooter, works.
Or, that Fox News says I need answers now, now, dammit!

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:46:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If I had to guess that is a good 4 months or more away.

I believe it but what takes so long to report on? Coroners reports?

I mean in the grand scheme of things in a crime like this it would seem that most everything is an 'open and shut' case - he stole the weapons used, committed a very dispicable crime, and saved the taxpayers a bunch of money by killing himself.

Edjamacate me.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top