Site Notices
10/30/2014 3:55:04 PM
  Previous Page
Page:  / 4
Author
Watch the world burn.
Posted: 12/23/2012 8:44:49 PM
[Last Edit: 12/23/2012 8:47:46 PM by VooDoo3dfx]

The map indicates the addresses of all pistol permit holders in Westchester and Rockland counties. Each dot represents an individual permit holder licensed to own a handgun — a pistol or revolver. The data does not include owners of long guns — rifles or shotguns — which can be purchased without a permit. Being included in this map does not mean the individual at a specific location owns a weapon, just that they are licensed to do so.

Data for all permit categories, unrestricted carry, premises, business, employment, target and hunting, is included, but permit information is not available on an individual basis.

http://www.lohud.com/interactive/article/20121223/NEWS01/121221011/Map-Where-gun-permits-your-neighborhood-?nclick_check=1

ETA: I still can't believe papers are allowed to publish this information.
Das Sig Line.
LibertarianYankee
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 8:48:39 PM
[Last Edit: 12/23/2012 8:49:08 PM by LibertarianYankee]
Jesus - this is just like that Obama phone app that shows you maps of your neighborhood with people's party affiliation.

Yeah, it's all public information. But who is gonna be held responsible when a lib looney attacks one of these CCWs or a gang banger robs their house?

Intimidation at its finest folks.
Tango7
Dirty minded pervert
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 8:54:42 PM
"We need to out those gun loonies."

This is sounding more like EFAD every day.
BHO called SEALs they killed OBL
SEALS called BHO they were left 2 die.

Gun control requires so much faith in the face of statistics, data & history it should be an organized religion.
globe512
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 8:56:41 PM
yeah, the rockland journal news has been publishing this info for at least the last 10 years. The spreadsheet was also available for download too.

Just awful.

There are a lot of cops on this list too.
bmw20
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 8:56:43 PM
This shit pisses me off. Nobody should know anything about what I may or may not have........and that includes the Government.
When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil

~ Thomas Jefferson
74AKZ
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 8:59:21 PM
Originally Posted By LibertarianYankee:
Jesus - this is just like that Obama phone app that shows you maps of your neighborhood with people's party affiliation.

Yeah, it's all public information. But who is gonna be held responsible when a lib looney attacks one of these CCWs or a gang banger robs their house?

Haven't heard anything about that ? Got a link ?
buck19delta
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:01:00 PM
Originally Posted By 74AKZ:

Haven't heard anything about that ? Got a link ?

im sure if someone is raped, and murdered and their gun stolen.... then the perps admit to using this list to find the victim, there will be no massive lawsuits involved. what could go wrong?
there is a place in this world for all of gods creatures....... right next to the mashed potatoes.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."
Thomas Paine, 1776

Progun1911
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:03:33 PM
I just looked up my old hood in upstate NY and it's incomplete. Hopewell Jct and Pouhqueg NY is missing tons of people that I know have permits.

I had checked a list of permit holders in NY and I'm still on the list and I haven't lived there in 8 years.
Walther22lr
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:04:29 PM

I think it works both ways. Another way to look at this map is it also tells you who might not have a gun. No resistance, easy pickings, no?

Seriously, I think it is irresponsible of the news to report such information.

buck19delta
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:08:53 PM
i sent them a shitty letter to the editor, telling them how much they suck, and to enjoy their 50 million lawsuit when they get someone killed with this list.
there is a place in this world for all of gods creatures....... right next to the mashed potatoes.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."
Thomas Paine, 1776

bg10
Forgiven.
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:10:09 PM
Originally Posted By globe512:
yeah, the rockland journal news has been publishing this info for at least the last 10 years. The spreadsheet was also available for download too.

Just awful.

There are a lot of cops on this list too.

seems like newspapers are posting this stuff all the time.

my response would be to start spamming the "comments" section with the addresses of newspaper employees.
"He who puts on his armor should not boast like he who takes it off"

Hard work is... practice, plus opportunity...equals luck
Soylent
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:11:47 PM
We just passed ligislation in Oregon last year to prohibit the release of this type of information on CCW holders. For basically this reason too.

It's unconscionable.
tnriverluver
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:14:27 PM
WTF? The Memphis Commercial Appeal pulled this shit a few years back and if I remember the payback was pretty good. Publishing all the personal info of the Appeals employees including phone, addresses etc.
Winston_Wolf
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:16:43 PM
... amazing that this is made public domain

The East Coast is FUCKED
Mainstream media leverages, “Appeal to Emotion” fallacy to promote gun-control desired by politicians
Tolip
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:17:49 PM
Huge invasion of privacy...

Although, for criminals, it's a list of people to not rob.
tel0004
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:19:03 PM

Originally Posted By Soylent:
We just passed ligislation in Oregon last year to prohibit the release of this type of information on CCW holders. For basically this reason too.

It's unconscionable.

In Ohio the list of CCW permit holders was also published by a few newpapers. The law has since been changed. A reporter may request give the sherrif a name, and the sherrif will then let the reporter know if that person has a permit or not. Its a step in the right direction, but newspapers will still sometimes make request on politicians, and see if they have a CCW permit to push their agenda.
MonkTx
I was there the day Horus fell.
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:19:31 PM
make an interactive map of where all these anti gun idiots live and post it on the message boards the low lifes frequent.
Deadly with a blade is Belisarius.
Requiem
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:20:16 PM
Originally Posted By Tolip:
Although, for criminals, it's a list of people to not rob.

quite the contrary! It's a list of places to rob!!! All they have to do is wait until the targeted house is empty of people and its a gold mine.
cuttingedge
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:23:13 PM
[Last Edit: 12/23/2012 9:31:06 PM by cuttingedge]
NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN

A couple of years back that same fucking newspaper had a list of every licensed firearms owner in Rockland/ Westchester County.
Everyone in my family was on that list and now they want to put out a fucking Map with addresses again.
This shit really fucking pisses me off to no end.

I don't know if I can stress this enough - I am FUCKING MAD
pavlovwolf
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:24:23 PM
I have said this many times, and I have been chastised for it. I am against CCW permits for many reasons, this being one of them. CCW is nothing more than registration. It may not, in all states, tell exactly what guns you have, but it will tell the authorities who has them.
Don't go ninj'in nobody that don't need ninj'in
MOS11C
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:32:52 PM
[Last Edit: 12/23/2012 9:33:49 PM by MOS11C]
Originally Posted By pavlovwolf:
I have said this many times, and I have been chastised for it. I am against CCW permits for many reasons, this being one of them. CCW is nothing more than registration. It may not, in all states, tell exactly what guns you have, but it will tell the authorities who has them.

I have also condemned these fucking licenses and CCW permits
every time I get a chance.
Specially in States where it is the only way to carry.
d13s3l
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:33:00 PM
wow that's crazy

names & addy listed... that sux
Proud Member of Team Ranstad
NRA Member
Tennessee Squire
Sierra5
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:37:42 PM
Someone needs to get the info for everyone on food stamps and play their little game back.
gumbii
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:37:49 PM
Originally Posted By cuttingedge:
NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN

A couple of years back that same fucking newspaper had a list of every licensed firearms owner in Rockland/ Westchester County.
Everyone in my family was on that list and now they want to put out a fucking Map with addresses again.

Class Action Lawsuit

You just got a list to thousands of your fellow plantifs. Contact a legal firm and ask them what recourse you can take, then sue the paper out of existence.
Me? I blow shit up.
d13s3l
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:45:07 PM
Originally Posted By Sierra5:
Someone needs to get the info for everyone on food stamps and play their little game back.

i like this idea
Proud Member of Team Ranstad
NRA Member
Tennessee Squire
tel0004
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:45:49 PM

Originally Posted By gumbii:
NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN

Class Action Lawsuit

You just got a list to thousands of your fellow plantifs. Contact a legal firm and ask them what recourse you can take, then sue the paper out of existence.
While I like the idea, I wonder if a lawyer could win such a court case, especially in NY.

glockster
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 10:13:43 PM
Time to repay the editors and staff for the favor. With a little digging, addresses and telephone numbers can be found for just about anyone. Start posting their information where they will see it, and other places so folks know where they live.

If it is good one way, it certainly is good the other.
JakeRyan
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 10:19:45 PM
If I was affected by this type of thing I would be contacting these people. Since they are ultimately responsible for it.

http://www.gannett.com/section/WHOWEARE04

It would be a shame if their info was shared all over the Internet.
LibertarianYankee
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:16:38 PM
[Last Edit: 12/23/2012 11:18:13 PM by LibertarianYankee]
NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN

If you were a huge douchebag, you could call 911 and report a potential home invasion. When cops arrive, "the perps must have fled when they heard sirens". You heard them get close to the door and they were talking about "you sure this is the house with the guns? oh crap, i left the list in the van. shit - do you hear that? - i think i hear the cops.... run!" Police will go Couple days later, you follow up on the case saying you found this map on the internet with your name and address on it.

Then contact an attorney. That would be enough to get the ball rolling.

Maybe next week "they come back" and a window to your basement is broken, too, and now you fear for your and your families' life.
DoverGunner
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:19:44 PM
Lisa Madigan Sec of State of Illinois tried that Bull Shit Here
She Wanted to List the names and addresses of All Illinois residents that had FOID cards (Firearm Owners Identification)
Thank God the Illinois State Police told her FUCK YOU
LibertarianYankee
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:23:07 PM
Originally Posted By DoverGunner:
Lisa Madigan Sec of State of Illinois tried that Bull Shit Here
She Wanted to List the names and addresses of All Illinois residents that had FOID cards (Firearm Owners Identification)
Thank God the Illinois State Police told her FUCK YOU

This info should be kept confidential, especially from the public. It's really an invitation for trouble.

Harassment, best case, murder and theft, worse case.
bulldog1967
2nd Amendment Film Maker
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:25:03 PM
I would hate to see the personal addresses of all of the staff at that paper get published.

That would suck.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
~William Pitt

@Semper_Fidelity on twitter
LibertarianYankee
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:28:50 PM
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:
I would hate to see the personal addresses of all of the staff at that paper get published.

That would suck.

It would suck even more if someone some of them had permits themselves....
NMSight
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:33:49 PM
Originally Posted By Soylent:

It's unconscionable.

Yeah, for some reason I found Statement #2 pretty hilarious when I renewed mine last summer.

STATEMENT #1
Please DO NOT RELEASE my information because:
1. I swear or affirm that it is my intention to obtain a concealed
handgun license to be used as part of security measures to
protect myself as an individual and/or my family and/or my
property.
2. I swear or affirm that it is my desire to keep all of the infor-
mation that the ******** County Sheriff’s Office obtains, for the
purposes of issuing a concealed handgun license to me,
confidential and exempt from disclosure without my written
consent.

STATEMENT #2
Please feel free to RELEASE my information to anybody.
1. I understand that public requests for my information may come
from friends, neighbors, attorneys, media, various companies,
corporations, businesses, organizations, the NRA, religious groups, political groups, etc.
packingXDs
Freedom Stick™ Collector
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:36:54 PM
One more reason you shouldn't need a permission slip from the gov to exercise your rights. Makes a paper trail that idiots can abuse for their own agenda.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free 'cause I know that I am responsible for everything I do.
Schlange
Defessi, iratus, et amara
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:37:52 PM
Originally Posted By bmw20:
This shit pisses me off. Nobody should know anything about what I may or may not have........and that includes the Government.

Amen
Fuck Obama
Team Ranstad
JVD
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:39:01 PM
How is it even legal to have that info public?
GTwannabe
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:39:45 PM
Originally Posted By Progun1911:
I just looked up my old hood in upstate NY and it's incomplete. Hopewell Jct and Pouhqueg NY is missing tons of people that I know have permits.

I had checked a list of permit holders in NY and I'm still on the list and I haven't lived there in 8 years.

It's by county; Dutchess isn't on there.

I mean if this goes tits up...
EarlBypass
Something wicked this way comes.
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:40:17 PM
Thank you comrade. Thank you very much.
- "The .30-06 is never a mistake." - Col. Townsend Whelen
- Load up on guns and bring your friends...
tesla120
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:41:41 PM
Thank god this Shit is private information in most states.
Snow's Minion #7
LibertarianYankee
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:41:42 PM
NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN

If you were a huge douchebag, you could call 911 and report a potential home invasion. When cops arrive, "the perps must have fled when they heard sirens". You heard them get close to the door and they were talking about "you sure this is the house with the guns? oh crap, i left the list in the van. shit - do you hear that? - i think i hear the cops.... run!" Police will go Couple days later, you follow up on the case saying you found this map on the internet with your name and address on it.

Maybe next week "they come back" and a window to your basement is broken, too, and now you fear for your and your families' life.

shamelessly bumping my own post.

you guys know that people "false flag" this shit all the time to use as an example to challenge a practice?

roe vs. wade - the woman admitted to just being a pawn.
AR167
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:43:24 PM
Wow, didn't have a tinfoil hat before, but maybe I will.... not even fucking kidding. Need the 2nd Amendment Foundation on this one STATIM !!!
cuttingedge
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:44:34 PM
NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN

you guys know that people "false flag" this shit all the time to use as an example to challenge a practice?

I like your idea but I am not gonna play games with these fuckers this time. Legal Recourse is on it's way

LibertarianYankee
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:46:03 PM
NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN

I like your idea but I am not gonna play games with these fuckers this time. Legal Recourse is on it's way

Unfortunately, i think something actually needs to happen in order for you to seek recourse. At the very least, for the case to be taken seriously, it does.
cuttingedge
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:48:02 PM
[Last Edit: 12/23/2012 11:50:36 PM by cuttingedge]
NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN

Unfortunately, i think something actually needs to happen in order for you to seek recourse. At the very least, for the case to be taken seriously, it does.

I hope you are wrong and that my little bit of research suggests that I have a case:

Section 1 - Subdivision 5 of Section 400.00 of the Penal Law, as
amended by Chapter 332 of the laws of 1994, is amended to make the
names of any pistol or revolver permit holders confidential except if
a request is made under the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) for a
specific individual by name. Any requests for the entire list
of licensees or for all the licensees in a geographic area shall be
denied except if requested by law enforcement (to include any
district attorney office in New York State).

At the very least I want this News Paper to print a redaction and apology and I will be using this to get the Sportsman/ Residence restrictions removed from my license.

ApacheScout
Warrior carpenter
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:48:37 PM

Originally Posted By Sierra5:

Oh, I'm sure that would never happen. We wouldn't want to embarrass or ruin the self esteem of the welfare recipients, now would we?
I think that exactly what we should do!
If you use the words "dag" or "fo" or spell out "y'all" in your posts I won't take anything you say seriously.
GTwannabe
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:48:54 PM

Cross-reference unarmed homes with registered Democrats, publish, and distribute in inner city?

I mean if this goes tits up...
TheJacket
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:51:11 PM
Why the fuck would they post this?

What good could come of it?

Assholes.
LibertarianYankee
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:51:23 PM

I hope you are wrong and that my little bit of research suggests that I have a case:

Section 1 - Subdivision 5 of Section 400.00 of the Penal Law, as
amended by Chapter 332 of the laws of 1994, is amended to make the
names of any pistol or revolver permit holders confidential except if
a request is made under the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) for a
specific individual by name. Any requests for the entire list
of licensees or for all the licensees in a geographic area shall be
denied except if requested by law enforcement (to include any
district attorney office in New York State).

Woah - quick find! I hope you pursue.

I'm going to ask a family member in LE at Christmas about this. I live very close to where the dots end (in CT).... if you catch my drift. And I suspect my newspaper would LOVE to do this, too, considering how they've reported incidents in my area (including legit DGUs).
LawyersGunsMoney
ARFCOM Z.R.T.
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:55:07 PM
I live in Georgia you can go ahead and mark us down...we have guns.
"If you come at the king, you best not miss" -Omar
flash556
Journeyman
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2012 11:55:09 PM
my building made the list
Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?
Patrick Henry
  Previous Page
Page:  / 4