Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:55:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus - this is just like that Obama phone app that shows you maps of your neighborhood with people's party affiliation.

Yeah, it's all public information. But who is gonna be held responsible when a lib looney attacks one of these CCWs or a gang banger robs their house?

Intimidation at its finest folks.

Cross-reference unarmed homes with registered Democrats, publish, and distribute in inner city?

I just can't state enough how much this pisses me off. We're truly in an age where people will use this data for malicious reasons.

Not only is this harmful for people who concealed carry, but also for people that aren't. Concealed should MEAN concealed - the whole philosophy behind it is supposed to create an aura of doubt.

I wouldn't wish anything bad on a non-gun owner and wouldn't out them out of spite to people who would seek to do them harm. Yes, they might be sheeple, but they still don't deserve it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]
My cousin is on here, never took him for a gun owner.  Really weird, found a few other people I know as well.  

Glad I left NY and I will never go back.

Eta:
What about people I know have handguns and aren't on the list? How's that work?
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Great, now the criminals can find out where to steal a gun, and then what houses to rob, where there may not be gun owners.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:30:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN

A couple of years back that same fucking newspaper had a list of every licensed firearms owner in Rockland/ Westchester County.
Everyone in my family was on that list and now they want to put out a fucking Map with addresses again.
This shit really fucking pisses me off to no end.

I don't know if I can stress this enough - I am FUCKING MAD

Class Action Lawsuit

You just got a list to thousands of your fellow plantifs. Contact a legal firm and ask them what recourse you can take, then sue the paper out of existence.

^
This
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 9:34:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

"We need to out those gun loonies."

This is sounding more like EFAD every day.

EFAD?

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 11:11:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Every "reporter" involved in this needs their home address posted as well as their children's school schedule posted.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 11:12:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't think this is the first time this has happened.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:22:38 AM EDT
[#8]
How come this is possible? Even in Peoples Republic of Finland Gun Registry is Classified.  

Are those nutbags totally lost it? Don´t they know this is the way to more crimes and violence? Stupidity of people liberals has no boundaries.

MN

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:27:17 AM EDT
[#9]
This happened in FL a few years ago, some liberal news rag released all of the CWP holders.

Let them do it, it only pisses people off.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:28:37 AM EDT
[#10]
THE MOST INFURIATING THING ABOUT THIS MAP, is that in the liberal eyes of the people who did it, they truly believe they are providing an important public service.  They are viewing gun ownership on the same level as the state sex offender registries - their obvious inspiration for doing it.  For whatever perveted reason, they see gun owners as a threat to the safety of their children as much as a pedophile is.  The people they need to worry about didn't get weapons permits however.  Ironically, when they do end up in court for weapons offenses, the liberal attorneys and judges will do all they can to wrist slap them to keep them out of prison and to keep others from getting deported.  The whole thing is disgusting.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:29:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Every "reporter" involved in this needs their home address posted as well as their children's school schedule posted.

When a reported did the same thing in Ronaoke, VA, he ended up getting his address published on the web. Tons of hate mail, boxes of dog shit, etc, were sent to him. Pansy little liberal ended up calling to police to investigate the 'strange' packages he was getting.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:55:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Unreal
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:02:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Dumbass democrats don't realize that those gun owners are not the ones to worry about.

That map also encourages illegal gun ownership.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:05:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I live in Georgia you can go ahead and mark us down...we have guns.

+1 I'd love to see my county's map. I don't care if my home is shown because very, very few people here are not gun owners.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:05:42 AM EDT
[#15]
A lot of these people on this list have no idea that they are being listed.

Look how many of you are just finding out through listing it here.

You should contact several people on this list and let them know what has happened.

I think that would move a lot of left gun owners onto our side, or better see our point of view how they are being used as political fodder with no regard.  Wake the other people on the list up!
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:09:59 AM EDT
[#16]
No permits here...
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:19:55 AM EDT
[#17]
The really fucked up thing is that in NY, you can't even TOUCH a pistol without having a permit, let alone own or carry one.  If people really knew the bullshit you have to go through to get a pistol in NY (Criminal background check, complete with fingerprints, personal references, fees, and a mental health background check...there's actually a waiver you have to sign to allow the judge to look at your medical files as they pertain to mental health), they wouldn't be worried about permit holders.  Permit holders in NY are the most vetted firearms owners in the US.  The fact we even have to deal with this shit makes my blood boil.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:23:17 AM EDT
[#18]
I gues they didnt have enough fancy red dots to cover florida
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:24:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Newspapers here in Oregon have been trying to get the names and addresses of CHL holders for years.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:45:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The really fucked up thing is that in NY, you can't even TOUCH a pistol without having a permit, let alone own or carry one.  If people really knew the bullshit you have to go through to get a pistol in NY (Criminal background check, complete with fingerprints, personal references, fees, and a mental health background check...there's actually a waiver you have to sign to allow the judge to look at your medical files as they pertain to mental health), they wouldn't be worried about permit holders.  Permit holders in NY are the most vetted firearms owners in the US.  The fact we even have to deal with this shit makes my blood boil.

I've been using this argument for years - Firearm holders here are heavily vetted and we have bits of paper signed by the police saying that we are trustworthy and upstanding people, unlike the interfering busybodies who like to preach that gun owners are evil satan-worshipping Frenchmen who are a danger to society and inherently untrustworthy/mentally unbalanced. Why should some random window licker who has never had a background check done have any grounds to comment on my standing in the community?

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:48:14 AM EDT
[#21]
a Florida police officer came home to find his former patrol dog shot and his home robbed, when the suspects were caught they admitted they targeted him because they knew he had guns since he was a cop.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:57:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
a Florida police officer came home to find his former patrol dog shot and his home robbed, when the suspects were caught they admitted they targeted him because they knew he had guns since he was a cop.

Exactly.  This newspaper just mapped the quickest course for criminals to acquire firearms without a background check.  Pick an address, hit the house during the day, hope that the owner has more than one firearm.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:59:16 AM EDT
[#23]
I wonder if there are editors, reporters, etc for the newspaper on that list.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:06:52 AM EDT
[#24]
I just can't state enough how much this pisses me off. We're truly in an age where people will use this data for malicious reasons.

And they know that when they published it. They feel like you deserve it as a gun owner. Some of them may even want you to be robbed, shot, or killed; but most of them think you're neighbors will ridicule you for owning a baby murdering device. Of course these anti-gun zealots tend to be absolute cowards and do whatever they can to delegate to the lemmings.

The map indicates the addresses of all pistol permit holders in Westchester and Rockland counties. Each dot represents an individual permit holder licensed to own a handgun — a pistol or revolver.

So this isn't just CCW, this is all pistol permit holders?
ETA: This means that the pistol will most likely be left at home to be stolen when the resident is at work. Fucking brilliant.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:11:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN

A couple of years back that same fucking newspaper had a list of every licensed firearms owner in Rockland/ Westchester County.
Everyone in my family was on that list and now they want to put out a fucking Map with addresses again.
This shit really fucking pisses me off to no end.

I don't know if I can stress this enough - I am FUCKING MAD

If you were a huge douchebag, you could call 911 and report a potential home invasion. When cops arrive, "the perps must have fled when they heard sirens". You heard them get close to the door and they were talking about "you sure this is the house with the guns? oh crap, i left the list in the van. shit - do you hear that? - i think i hear the cops.... run!" Police will go Couple days later, you follow up on the case saying you found this map on the internet with your name and address on it.

Then contact an attorney. That would be enough to get the ball rolling.

Maybe next week "they come back" and a window to your basement is broken, too, and now you fear for your and your families' life.

shamelessly bumping my own post.

you guys know that people "false flag" this shit all the time to use as an example to challenge a practice?

roe vs. wade - the woman admitted to just being a pawn.

I like your idea but I am not gonna play games with these fuckers this time. Legal Recourse is on it's way

Unfortunately, i think something actually needs to happen in order for you to seek recourse. At the very least, for the case to be taken seriously, it does.

I hope you are wrong and that my little bit of research suggests that I have a case:

Section 1 - Subdivision 5 of Section 400.00 of the Penal Law, as
amended by Chapter 332 of the laws of 1994, is amended to make the
names of any pistol or revolver permit holders confidential except if
a request is made under the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) for a
specific individual by name. Any requests for the entire list
of licensees or for all the licensees in a geographic area shall be
denied except if requested by law enforcement (to include any
district attorney office in New York State).

At the very least I want this News Paper to print a redaction and apology and I will be using this to get the Sportsman/ Residence restrictions removed from my license.

Good find.  That makes it a crime, not just a civil matter.  Find a really good attorney and pursue both in parallel; one would compliment the other.  Regarding the civil matter, here is an idea.  Your attorney needs to find a basis to bring the suit in a different jurisdiction.  I have seen this happen to newspapers before if, for example, another newspaper somewhere else republishes an article with permission.  Or, perhaps, one of the permit holders who has been exposed has a domicile in a different state.  Bring a lawsuit against a New York/New Jersey paper to a jury in north Georgia, east Tennessee, or the Ozarks and have some fun.

It looks like Gannett could be served in a variety of friendly jurisdictions:

http://www.gannett.com/section/WHOWEARE06

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:15:15 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Some paper in Tampa released the CWP database a few years ago, it's probably still online.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:18:06 AM EDT
[#27]
In for me and my wife. We will be on the updated expanded list. Last year some liberal took the database and posted a serchable version on the Internet.

Now this newspaper is testing the limits of the First Am. by BREAKING THE LAW and extorting and endangering us. I know of 2 women on that list, one does target practice and the other is a business owner who deals with strangers in an isolated office by herself.

Charming people in the media, and its time to fix them.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:25:41 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When a reported did the same thing in Ronaoke, VA, he ended up getting his address published on the web. Tons of hate mail, boxes of dog shit, etc, were sent to him. Pansy little liberal ended up calling to police to investigate the 'strange' packages he was getting.  

If I'm going to mail a box of dog poop it sure ain't gonna have my finger prints on it!

Oh and yeah, that's really, really messed up that they would do that. What kind of black list is the "newspaper" trying to accomplish?

Maybe get the people who are on it fired or their house robbed? It seems malicious to me.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:29:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

ETA: This means that the pistol will most likely be left at home to be stolen when the resident is at work. Fucking brilliant.

That is correct.  The VAST majority of permits in NY do not allow CCW.  The judges put bullshit restrictions on them like "for target shooting or hunting only" , so most of these guns are NOT with the owner when they are not home.  Like I said, in NY, you can't even hold your friends pistol unless you have a permit yourself, and the person the pistol is registered to is right there with you.  Hell, if you have a permit and your wife does not, she can not legally use your pistol to defend herself.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:36:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  This newspaper just mapped the quickest course for criminals to acquire firearms without a background check.  Pick an address, hit the house during the day, hope that the owner has more than one firearm.

In a place where people are severly limited from owning guns you are 100% correct.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:45:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The map indicates the addresses of all pistol permit holders in Westchester and Rockland counties. Each dot represents an individual permit holder licensed to own a handgun — a pistol or revolver. The data does not include owners of long guns — rifles or shotguns — which can be purchased without a permit. Being included in this map does not mean the individual at a specific location owns a weapon, just that they are licensed to do so.

Data for all permit categories, unrestricted carry, premises, business, employment, target and hunting, is included, but permit information is not available on an individual basis.

http://www.lohud.com/interactive/article/20121223/NEWS01/121221011/Map-Where-gun-permits-your-neighborhood-?nclick_check=1

ETA: I still can't believe papers are allowed to publish this information.

It took a Michigan Supreme Court decision to make that protected private information not available to the public.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:48:56 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Someone needs to get the info for everyone on food stamps and play their little game back.

i like this idea

From my interaction with the FSA, they aren't ashamed of this at all.  They think their 'Dignity Gold Card' is their God-given right.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:54:16 AM EDT
[#33]
that's just so wrong

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:02:37 AM EDT
[#34]
One more reason why I use a mail boxes etc drop for all my mail.

This shit is crazy.

Can we put up a list of all the Dem's that have had abortions and are on anti depresants?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:04:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

If I'm going to mail a box of dog poop it sure ain't gonna have my finger prints on it!

Oh and yeah, that's really, really messed up that they would do that. What kind of black list is the "newspaper" trying to accomplish?

Maybe get the people who are on it fired or their house robbed? It seems malicious to me.

I wouldn't either. Now walking the dog two blocks to do her business on his front lawn....

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:14:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
"We need to out those gun loonies."

This is sounding more like EFAD every day.

Reading EFAD right now, Bracken is a prophet.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:17:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The map indicates the addresses of all pistol permit holders in Westchester and Rockland counties. Each dot represents an individual permit holder licensed to own a handgun — a pistol or revolver. The data does not include owners of long guns — rifles or shotguns — which can be purchased without a permit. Being included in this map does not mean the individual at a specific location owns a weapon, just that they are licensed to do so.

Data for all permit categories, unrestricted carry, premises, business, employment, target and hunting, is included, but permit information is not available on an individual basis.

http://www.lohud.com/interactive/article/20121223/NEWS01/121221011/Map-Where-gun-permits-your-neighborhood-?nclick_check=1

Papers shoiuld be allowed to publish whatever is in the public domain....  Free Press and all that.

The question is, why do we allow this to be in the public domain?  Why isn't this information protected by the Privacy Act?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:19:45 AM EDT
[#38]
and if you have a death wish and wish to attempt an invasion or burglary, all you have to do is click on the little man in the zoom bar, and drag him into the street view..

to identify the scene of your target/fate/whatever..  

damn...
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:38:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Papers shoiuld be allowed to publish whatever is in the public domain....  Free Press and all that.

The question is, why do we allow this to be in the public domain?  Why isn't this information protected by the Privacy Act?

It would appear from previous posts that it is protected from publication by LAW.  And, also, I think there is a fuzzy area of malicious intent, especially since most of the named people are not celebrities.  Any lawyers reading this?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:39:33 AM EDT
[#40]
You know it is really easy to find Ms. Martore's home address, phone number etc. As CEO of Gannett, the newspapers parent Co. and with their database, would it be wrong to post that info on the newspapers comment section regarding gun ownership?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:40:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone needs to get the info for everyone on food stamps and play their little game back.

i like this idea

From my interaction with the FSA, they aren't ashamed of this at all.  They think their 'Dignity Gold Card' is their God-given right.

You are correct, many have no shame at all-a big part of the problem in our nation today. No shame, but lots of false pride. I still think we should post this information, as well as everyone with an Obama phone. After all, it is part of how our tax dollars are being spent.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:48:48 AM EDT
[#42]
politicians should see that and be afraid of the people. lots of dots there.

would like to see that for less free places....

oh and FBHO and all gun grabbers that publish this data.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:07:03 AM EDT
[#43]
The sad thing is they think they are doing something good when in reality they are telling criminals where to steal.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:15:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is correct.  The VAST majority of permits in NY do not allow CCW.  The judges put bullshit restrictions on them like "for target shooting or hunting only" , so most of these guns are NOT with the owner when they are not home.  Like I said, in NY, you can't even hold your friends pistol unless you have a permit yourself, and the person the pistol is registered to is right there with you.  Hell, if you have a permit and your wife does not, she can not legally use your pistol to defend herself.

Actually it depends on what county you live in. The above statement is partly true, especially of the counties in the lower region of the state. However, there are some counties upstate that may or will issue full carry licenses.

I live in a green county.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:17:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Thank god in NM the database for CHL holders is private.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:21:08 AM EDT
[#46]
I find it a bit ironic that hey use the 1st Amendment as a tool to try and remove the rights protected by the 2nd!!!

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:26:07 AM EDT
[#47]
What about the people who don't have a permit?  Those are the ones that should be pissed off.  Now criminals know where to go.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:31:52 AM EDT
[#48]
on the brighter side, maybe the bad guys will look at the map and bypass the armed houses.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:34:09 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Some paper in Tampa released the CWP database a few years ago, it's probably still online.

I think that was a violation of State law.

790.0601;  Public records exemption for concealed weapons.—

(1)   Personal
identifying information of an individual who has applied for or
received a license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm pursuant to s.
790.06 held by the Division of Licensing of the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is confidential and exempt from s. 119.07(1)
and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution. This exemption applies
to such information held by the division before, on, or after the
effective date of this section.

(2)   Information made confidential and exempt by this section shall be disclosed:

(a)   With the express written consent of the applicant or licensee or his or her legally authorized representative.

(b)   By court order upon a showing of good cause.

(c)   Upon
request by a law enforcement agency in connection with the performance
of lawful duties, which shall include access to any automated database
containing      such information maintained by the Department of Agriculture
and Consumer Services.

History.—s. 1, ch. 2006-102; s. 1, ch. 2011-136.

-----------------------

And don't you just love this shit (from this Dec. 13, 2012 online article)

"One million Floridians will be licensed to carry around concealed
firearms in public, as the Sunshine State further secures its
first-place status in the nation for the number of residents exercising
the privilege."

Privilege?  Really?

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 7:44:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
on the brighter side, maybe the bad guys will look at the map and bypass the armed houses.

For home invasion type robberies, yes. For a knock at the door in the middle of the day when the homeowner

is at work, they'll be going to the gun owner's houses. That's what I would do if I wanted to illegally obtain a firearm.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top