Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/22/2012 9:48:41 PM EDT
anti gunner don lemon from cnn allegedly commits and admits to felony.

(he does not even know he did it)

Tonight on cnn was talking about the aurora movie shooting said he went into a gun shop in aurora co and said it took him longer to get the Colorado drivers license than it did to do the back round check on the 4473 and take the gun out of the shop, he maintains he still has the AR 15 he bought that day.

He had to lie to get the Co DL, he does not live in colorado

He lives in Atlanta Georgia
Tell me he didn't commit a felony?

Tell me he didn't violate federal law too?

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:50:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
tag

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:51:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
tag

If he did commit a felony. and ATF doesnt bust him.

Then everyone on TV is propaganda. and we live in a 3rd world country. Might as well be Chavez running the show.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:52:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
anti gunner don lemon from cnn commits and admits to felony.
(he does not even know he did it)
Tonight on cnn was talking about the aurora movie shooting said he went into a gun shop in aurora co and said it took him longer to get the Colorado drivers license than it did to do the back round check on the 4473 and take the gun out of the shop, he maintains he still has the AR 15 he bought that day.
He had to lie to get the Co DL, he does not live in colorado

He lives in Atlanta Georgia

Tell me he didn't commit a felony?
Tell me he didn't violate federal law too?

I think he's fos.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Colorado state firearms division should be aware of what he did.

This guy cannot scream about people getting these "weapons of mass killings" by fraud and not own what he did.

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:53:06 PM EDT
[#7]
So is this the perfect opportunity to explain some stuff with a very public felony arrest?
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:54:02 PM EDT
[#9]
lets see how this shakes out
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:55:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Not tracking here.  Did he get a CO DL with an alias, manufactured documents etc?  If not and he just changed from a GA to CO DL and walked into a gun store BFD.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:55:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

So is this the perfect opportunity to explain some stuff with a very public felony arrest?
Not sure but I know the light bulb went off in my mind when he said what he did

He had to lie to get the DL, he had to commit perjury on the 4473 to get the rifle

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:58:39 PM EDT
[#12]
CO has a 90 day residency requirement for licenses, and they perform an additional CBI check on top of the NICS check.

Someone could get to the bottom of this pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:59:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Not tracking here.  Did he get a CO DL with an alias, manufactured documents etc?  If not and he just changed from a GA to CO DL and walked into a gun store BFD.
It is a BFD because he committed perjury to do it  

To get a Colorado DL and become a resident legally there it is not a one day thing like what he did

He got the DL and had to lie to motor vech agency to get the resident DL, which makes his declaration of address on the 4473 fraud

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
tag

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:02:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is a BFD because he committed perjury to do it  

To get a Colorado DL and become a resident legally there it is not a one day thing like what he did

He got the DL and had to lie to motor vech agency to get the resident DL, which makes his declaration of address on the 4473 fraud

Okay, I see.  Thanks for the clarification.

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I think an example should be made of him; if he did in fact commit perjury and lied on the 4473.  It should be taken seriously.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:06:36 PM EDT
[#17]
perjury is lieing under oath I thought?
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I think an example should be made of him; if he did in fact commit perjury and lied on the 4473.  It should be taken seriously.
He admitted he went to motor vech agency to get the Co DL so he could then walk into a gun shop in Aurora to buy the AR 15

He then went on to complain that it took 2 hours  to get the Co DL and it only took 20 minutes to buy and do the backround check for the AR

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:07:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

perjury is lieing under oath I thought?

You better read the 4473

page 2 right on top

lying on the 4473 can get you 10 years

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Hell get a pass
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:09:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Link?
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:09:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah right after they get done prosecuting their Attorney General they'll get right on going after one of their propaganda ministers.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:09:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Even if he did commit felony, it advanced the media and gov cause, nothing will happen.

Nothing to see here minions....move along.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:12:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Hell get a pass

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:13:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Even if he did commit felony, it advanced the media and gov cause, nothing will happen.

Yup it's all kabuki theater.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:14:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Hell get a pass

No he won't, the ATF does not give passes for what he did and certainly mot the Co state police firearms unit, nor the Co State motor vech unit once they know he lies to obtain a DL and then lies to obtain an "assault weapon", the then went on to say he still has it in Atlanta  

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:15:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

not as far as i'm concerned, this guy say he wants us disarmed, i'm not dropping this

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:15:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah right after they get done prosecuting their Attorney General they'll get right on going after one of their propaganda ministers.

Yes,I know you're right. It's sad.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:15:55 PM EDT
[#30]
wow.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#31]
He used to live in Queen Village in South Philly - actually, that was kind of fitting.......
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

not as far as i'm concerned, this guy say he wants us disarmed, i'm not dropping this

Even though I have a feeling that nothing will come of it.  We should still pursue it and make it more widely known; as much as it can anyhow.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:17:59 PM EDT
[#33]
A GA resident can buy an AR in Colorado. The DMV might have an issue.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:21:24 PM EDT
[#34]
He is just a journalist trying to make bank on other peoples misfortunes.  After a Google search he is both gay and married, to a guy.  A nut case.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:22:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm hoping fingers crossed that something happens. But gut feeling is it will be dropped.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:22:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Hell get a pass

"These aren't the criminals we're looking for."
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:25:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Sadly no one of any authority will do shit.

ATF will look the other way
CO police will look the other way

He should be made an example of, and then say, see the laws do work.

We do not need any more laws or assholes like him.

Felony? no voting one less libtard vote
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:27:02 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

True if he he has it shipped to Atlanta

If he is buying in person and taking it with him he has to by federal law live in a state that borders Co

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:35:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
If he is buying in person and taking it with him he has to by federal law live in a state that borders Co

ATF recently decided that contiguous meant the Lower 48.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:40:42 PM EDT
[#40]
really what do you think will happen to him? c'mon man
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:41:53 PM EDT
[#41]
It means that gun stores should process applications for drivers' licenses since we can do it so much more efficiently than the state run bureau.

That makes sense to me. We're probably nicer, too.

Don Lemon did not need a Colorado DL to buy an AR in Colorado. He could have used his Georgia DL.

He may have dual residency. ATF is okay with that.

He may be exaggerating.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:44:18 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

He used to live in Queen Village in South Philly - actually, that was kind of fitting.......

Good, he can get some "fitting" practice in the pen, he will have lots of boyfriends

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:49:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Colorado will not want to take issue as it will make their system look bad and buying a long gun out of state is perfectly exceptable and legal.  If NICS cleared him using the current address on the new CO DL then nothing to see here....................Fuck him anyway though.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 11:20:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

link?

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 11:21:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

link?

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/industry/tip-of-the-month-2010.html

Contiguous States. The “contiguous state” provisions of the Gun Control Act (GCA), as enacted in 1968, allowed nonlicensed purchasers to acquire long guns from Federal firearms licensees (FFLs) located in a State contiguous to the State in which the purchaser resided if (1) the purchaser’s State of residence permitted such sale and (2) the sale fully complied with the legal conditions of sale in both such contiguous states.

This provision of the GCA was amended in 1986 to allow FFLs to sell or dispose of long guns to residents of any other state (not just contiguous states) provided — (1) the transferee meets in person with the FFL to accomplish the transfer; and (2) the sale, delivery and receipt fully comply with the legal conditions of sale in the buyer’s and seller’s States.

A number of States patterned their laws after the original provision of the GCA that allows nonresidents to purchase long guns from FFLs only in contiguous states. Many of those States have not revised their laws to reflect the 1986 amendments to the GCA that allow over-the-counter sales of long guns to residents of any State, as outlined above. This has caused confusion among FFLs, who often read such “contiguous state” State laws as prohibiting sales to residents of noncontiguous states.

ATF does not read State laws that refer to “contiguous states” as prohibiting sales of long guns to residents of noncontiguous states unless the language contained in that State’s law expressly prohibits residents from acquiring firearms outside that State. Thus, if the language in the State laws authorizes sales of long guns to residents of contiguous states, that State law also authorizes the sale of long guns to residents of all other states.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 11:21:49 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know, not according to this the ATF says that the state law must allow it also and I don't think Co law does

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 11:23:01 PM EDT
[#47]
INteresting
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 11:35:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Could be some investigator did this and sent him the results. But he used first person to make the experience seem more immediate.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:12:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Just because ATF won't enforce state law, that doesn't mean the state won't. Until it is amended, the contiguous state law in CO is still in effect.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

link?

Contiguous States. The “contiguous state” provisions of the Gun Control Act (GCA), as enacted in 1968, allowed nonlicensed purchasers to acquire long guns from Federal firearms licensees (FFLs) located in a State contiguous to the State in which the purchaser resided if (1) the purchaser’s State of residence permitted such sale and (2) the sale fully complied with the legal conditions of sale in both such contiguous states.

This provision of the GCA was amended in 1986 to allow FFLs to sell or dispose of long guns to residents of any other state (not just contiguous states) provided — (1) the transferee meets in person with the FFL to accomplish the transfer; and (2) the sale, delivery and receipt fully comply with the legal conditions of sale in the buyer’s and seller’s States.

A number of States patterned their laws after the original provision of the GCA that allows nonresidents to purchase long guns from FFLs only in contiguous states. Many of those States have not revised their laws to reflect the 1986 amendments to the GCA that allow over-the-counter sales of long guns to residents of any State, as outlined above. This has caused confusion among FFLs, who often read such “contiguous state” State laws as prohibiting sales to residents of noncontiguous states.

ATF does not read State laws that refer to “contiguous states” as prohibiting sales of long guns to residents of noncontiguous states unless the language contained in that State’s law expressly prohibits residents from acquiring firearms outside that State. Thus, if the language in the State laws authorizes sales of long guns to residents of contiguous states, that State law also authorizes the sale of long guns to residents of all other states.

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:26:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Soooo what address is on the DL?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top