Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:40:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Someone needs to contact the AG in CO and find out,(i.e.-"What if someone were to........etc etc),if in fact the AG's office states it is illegal then a formal notification needs to be made to the AG's office that the Libtard committed a felony and it should be looked into and that you are going to contact a number of media outlets,if said reps of the AG sit on their hands then calls need to be made to the aforementioned media outlets that are (hopefully)outside the Emperor's influence.Push back.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I say make an example out of him. The left wants to crack down on gun laws, they can start right here!
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:56:58 AM EDT
[#3]
A couple things.

Just because he got a CO license doesn't mean he used the CO license to buy the AR. He could have used his GA license. (If CO, like TN has a 90 waiting period.) I couldn't buy a gun right after I renewed my TN license.

He's a reporter. He has an agenda.

Ever think maybe he just lied? I have a feeling he's never touched a gun.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:59:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Tag for felony LOLs
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:03:08 AM EDT
[#5]
So was this reported to authorities?  With a direct link to his admission?
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:05:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Why are so many posters in this thread in favor of these restrictions on our 2nd?  I was under impression the general consensus on Arf was cash and carry.  An American residing in Moosejaw, AK should be able to fly to Key West and purchase a belt feld same day.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:10:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why are so many posters in this thread in favor of these restrictions on our 2nd?  I was under impression the general consensus on Arf was cash and carry.  An American residing in Moosejaw, AK should be able to fly to Key West and purchase a belt feld same day.

You make your enemies play by the same rules you do.

Rules for Radicals.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:11:28 AM EDT
[#8]
he's black and he's a fudge packer, so he's double protected from being prosecuted
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:12:45 AM EDT
[#9]
My wife and I personally know John Suthers, AG of Colroado.  

We'll be in contact with him.

ETA.  More than likely, the office of the AG wont want to be bothered by something this minor, but I'm curious to his response.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#10]
So lame...

CO has cut the workforce of their DMV locations (and locations themselves) in half over the last decade.  The only reason getting a DL would take two hours is because of a physical wait.  I recently had to do a renewal and it took 2 hours.... with a total of 4 or 5 minutes actually at counters doing something.  Assuming you have a current out of state license and don't require a driving test it's pretty much the same deal.

BTW these cuts occurred despite several "fees and fines" being increased to cover the cost of the locations. We also imposed several "fees and fines" to fix "roads and bridges" over the last several years, and per SOP all of that money has mysteriously disappeared into the general fund as well.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:17:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

While I would prefer there be less restrictions on purchasing firearms, there are currently restrictions. The only reason a person would do a video showing how "easy" it is to purchase a rifle is to argue (directly or indirectly) that we need stricter gun laws to make it harder to purchase firearms.

Pointing out that the story was bogus (either a law was broken, or a misrepresentation through editing) counters the call for more regulations. It's the whole enforce the laws we have on the books before we make more argument.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:19:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Colorado state firearms division should be aware of what he did.
This guy cannot scream about people getting these "weapons of mass killings" by fraud and not own what he did.

This.

Even if the Fed won't act there are still State crimes to punish.

OR we can do away with the restrictions on residency so anyone can buy a firearm anywhere they find a sweet deal.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:20:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Hell get a pass

No he won't, the ATF does not give passes for what he did and certainly mot the Co state police firearms unit, nor the Co State motor vech unit once they know he lies to obtain a DL and then lies to obtain an "assault weapon", the then went on to say he still has it in Atlanta  

Federal prosecutions of firearms violations are down what... 40% under Obama?

The Feds will do nothing.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:22:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Tonight on cnn was talking about the aurora movie shooting said he went into a gun shop in aurora co and said it took him longer to get the Colorado drivers license than it did to do the back round check on the 4473

So his argument is that the gun store is efficient?
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:22:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hell get a pass

Because he's special and did it for the 'right' reasons.

Letter of the law is only for unspecial people.

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

ETA.  More than likely, the office of the AG wont want to be bothered by something this minor, but I'm curious to his response.

Tag for AAR...
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:24:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Hell get a pass

No he won't, the ATF does not give passes for what he did and certainly mot the Co state police firearms unit, nor the Co State motor vech unit once they know he lies to obtain a DL and then lies to obtain an "assault weapon", the then went on to say he still has it in Atlanta  

How about the ATF admin Gillette knowingly giving inaccurate info to obtain a 5.7. Are you saying he will be prosecuted?

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:25:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tag for AAR...

My wife will shoot him a text tomorrow.  Will post response.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:26:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Even if he did commit felony, it advanced the media and gov cause, nothing will happen.

Nothing to see here minions....move along.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Yup it's all kabuki theater.

not as far as i'm concerned, this guy say he wants us disarmed, i'm not dropping this

Even though I have a feeling that nothing will come of it.  We should still pursue it and make it more widely known; as much as it can anyhow.

You can start a WH petition to seek equal justice before the man.

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
He is just a journalist trying to make bank on other peoples misfortunes.  After a Google search he is both gay and married, to a guy.  A nut case.

Well that special status, privileged group kind of special. You know there will be no prosecution of the case.

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:27:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Is there some proof he doesn't maintain a residence in CO?
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:31:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He's bound by the same rules as everyone else theoretically. In actuality probably not.

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:32:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Tag

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Tag. Please let us know what you hear.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 9:09:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
anti gunner don lemon from cnn commits and admits to felony.
(he does not even know he did it)
Tonight on cnn was talking about the aurora movie shooting said he went into a gun shop in aurora co and said it took him longer to get the Colorado drivers license than it did to do the back round check on the 4473 and take the gun out of the shop, he maintains he still has the AR 15 he bought that day.
He had to lie to get the Co DL, he does not live in colorado

He lives in Atlanta Georgia

Tell me he didn't commit a felony?
Tell me he didn't violate federal law too?

OP, do you have any references on this?  I just Googled "Don Lemon Aurora AR-15" and found nothing about it except this thread.

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 9:10:14 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Is there some proof he doesn't maintain a residence in CO?
In the broadcast last night he said he had to go to MV before he could go to the gun shop to buy the AR

He said he was just there (doing the story) for the proof of how easy it is to buy the "mass killing weapon"

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tonight on cnn was talking about the aurora movie shooting said he went into a gun shop in aurora co and said it took him longer to get the Colorado drivers license than it did to do the back round check on the 4473 and take the gun out of the shop, he maintains he still has the AR 15 he bought that day.

OP, do you have any references on this?  I just Googled "Don Lemon Aurora AR-15" and found nothing except this thread.

It was on his time slot on CNN last nigh, he had on Tom Deets from Sharp shooters USA IN Ga

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 5:15:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

How does holding them to the same standard they have imposed on us = in favor of these restrictions on our 2nd?
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 5:16:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If in fact he did do something illegal we can get enough attention on the matter to force their hand. (i.e. drudgereport)
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:18:07 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell get a pass

What is ironic is that he culd have bought with his Georgia ID.

Ah, Colorado still has "contiguous".

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A GA resident can buy an AR in Colorado. The DMV might have an issue.
True if he he has it shipped to Atlanta

If he is buying in person and taking it with him he has to by federal law live in a state that borders Co

Aren't you an SOT?

Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee’s premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 478.29 and 478.30]

Second time tonight for this BATFE FAQ quote.

ETA: But research in Colorado state law shows he was legally ineligible to buy it in Colorado because Colorado law only allows residents of contiguous states to buy long arms in Colorado.

So he acquired a Colorado DL to circumvent Colorado law and in doing so broke Colorado and Federal law (sale wasn't legal in both states).

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

True if he he has it shipped to Atlanta

If he is buying in person and taking it with him he has to by federal law live in a state that borders Co

ATF recently decided that contiguous meant the Lower 48.

Changed in FOPA '86 (IIRC)
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:24:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
A couple things.

Just because he got a CO license doesn't mean he used the CO license to buy the AR. He could have used his GA license. (If CO, like TN has a 90 waiting period.) I couldn't buy a gun right after I renewed my TN license.

He's a reporter. He has an agenda.

Ever think maybe he just lied? I have a feeling he's never touched a gun.

If he lied, push for prosecution and let the truth come out and reveal his credibility and integrity for what it is.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Hell get a pass

How about the ATF admin Gillette knowingly giving inaccurate info to obtain a 5.7. Are you saying he will be prosecuted?

I suspect yes, because Grassley won't let it slide.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Buying a title I long gun out of state isn't a problem as long as it is legal in the state he resides (and obviously the state where the purchase is made). Handgun or title II, problem.

Now he may have lied on the ID application and that is separate, but not relevant to the AR15 purchase.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Not when you fabricate the information on the 4473 to state you are a CO resident.  

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Fuck cnn
Fuck BHO
Fuck this dude
Fuck
Fuck
Fuck!!!!!

I fucking love america but fucking hate 90% of citizens
Fuck
Fuck
Fuck
And now I have to go deal with these cock fucking suckers at tsa to go see my fucking family in portland for fucking christmas

FUCK

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Fuck cnn

Fuck BHO

Fuck this dude

Fuck

Fuck

Fuck!!!!!

Fuck

Fuck

Fuck

And now I have to go deal with these cock fucking suckers at tsa to go see my fucking family in portland for fucking christmas

FUCK

OK. You are fucken crazy. Turn over your guns, ammo, and wife to us.

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not when you fabricate the information on the 4473 to state you are a CO resident.

Against CO law.  See abbove and www.nssf.org/factsheets/PDF/ContiguousStateRestrict.pdf

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Fuck don lemon. Fucking pussy.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tag for AAR...

My wife will shoot him a text tomorrow.  Will post response.

Tag for AAR.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck cnn
Fuck BHO
Fuck this dude
Fuck
Fuck
Fuck!!!!!

Fuck
Fuck
Fuck

FUCK

OK. You are fucken crazy. Turn over your guns, ammo, and wife to us.

My wife - depending on the day, you can have her. I'm too broke to have any decent guns and I've got ammo for my carry pistol and HD gun so fuck em.

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
tag

If he did commit a felony. and ATF doesnt bust him.

Then everyone on TV is propaganda. and we live in a 3rd world country. Might as well be Chavez running the show.

They did just repeal a law against using propaganda.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:41:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Hell get a pass

When and where did he say this? Do you have any links to video we can copy? Let's press the issue and get some conservative news networks to start making phone calls.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Hell get a pass

Unfortunately I think this will be the result.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#45]

Don Lemon

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Burn him if he broke the law, we wouldn't get a pass niether should he.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:50:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So is this the perfect opportunity to explain some stuff with a very public felony arrest?

Yep.

But I bet Obama will pardon him.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It is not minor, it is exactly what people expect to happen should new laws be introduced. This law already exists and should be prosecuted as if you or I did the same thing.

Don't let your wife do the dirty work, you need to do it and hound him until he gives a public response.

I'm in for an update on this one.

Don Lemon - check.
David Gregory - check.

Who's next?
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm confused.

Is this thread about a Lemon Party?

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

OP, do you have any references on this?  I just Googled "Don Lemon Aurora AR-15" and found nothing except this thread.

It was on his time slot on CNN last nigh, he had on Tom Deets from Sharp shooters USA IN Ga

Found the transcript on the CNN website.  About 3/4 of the way down the page:

LEMON: OK. And I told you last week that I have an ar-15. And the reason I have an ar-15 is during the Colorado theater shooting, I told you as well. I want to know what I'm talking about when it comes to how, you know -- what this person did, if he went in, how long it took him to get a gun, and ar-15.

I went gun store until [sic] Aurora, Colorado. It took me longer to get the identification that I need to buy that gun than did for me to buy the gun, and the ammunition. It took me 20 minutes. And that's what -- that was over nervous chatter what do I do? I don't know anything about this. What kind of case -- what kind of lock do I need? It probably would not have taken that long. It took me two hours to get a driver's license. Why should it take longer to get a gun, to get the identification you need to buy a gun than it does to get an actual gun?

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top