Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/22/2012 8:59:25 AM EDT
Is there support, and can we do it.

Is it possible, that we can enlist the support of industry partners , to make a pledge to no longer sell rifles, handguns, magazines, or ammunition to any agency , federal, state, or local, that has on it's books laws that restrict access to the same for their citizens?

Ronnie Barret has done this, buy refusing California service and parts for the .50 rifles when they passed the law banning them in that state.

We don't need every single company, we just need enough to disrupt the flow into those areas that pass those laws.

In other words.

NY, no 30 round mags to civilians= No 30 round mags to the state guard, police, or any other agency supplied from within the state. Let Bloomberg and his cops go without the same tools as the peasants.

No "assault rifles " in NY to civilians, then no sales  or service of the same.

No solid bullets, then no solid bullets for police, or any other agency.

Like I said, we only need enough companies to sign on to disrupt the flow of supplies and cause a little pain.

I can guarantee the civilian market will swell the sales of the companies that get on board with it. I for one would definitely direct my firearms dollars to them. It is a pledge that can easily be written up, and all they need to is be a signatory. The list can be posted online , on face book, other gun sites etc.

Something as simple as Barrett's statement to California, here.
"Please excuse my slow response on the repair service of the rifle. I am battling to what service I am repairing the rifle for. I will not sell, nor service, my rifles to those seeking to infringe upon the Constitution and the crystal clear rights it affords individuals to own firearms."

What say you, let's see who supports the constitution more than the dollar.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I like it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:45:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Im good with it
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Why not
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#4]
It may be feasible for privately owned companies. You can forget a out that happening with the gun manufacturers who are publicly held or held by private equity.

Then the civ market would have to not buy from those companies. It might just work. We need more people to become members of arf.com so more people can get on board. Maybe a flier in the NRA mailings?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I like it.

I think it needs to be law.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Great lets fuck over the soldiers and Marines going overseas!

Like when we deployed out of CA none of us could buy p mags legally, so we had to train with one thing and use another
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Good on Barrett.

I think this is a great idea.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#8]
His makes as much sense as not buying gas on Wednesday
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:49:24 AM EDT
[#9]
An interesting idea. And one that I like. But it's one that will only hurt American gun industries and suppliers.

Such a boycott will only allow the big European gun makers to take full share of the government market. Perhaps allowing some that are by the wayside, like Steyr, to get a piece of the pie.

You seriously think that Glock, Beretta, HK, etc are going to go along with such? It would be nice if they did, but I don't see it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Like when we deployed out of CA none of us could buy p mags legally, so we had to train with one thing and use another

I thought the marines just disallowed the use of p mags??

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#11]
I like the idea.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:56:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I like it.

Seems like more people would be in support of it here.

By following this guideline, the the feds and the states would have to weigh supply headaches and increased costs to their agencies before they could pass any sort of legislation whatsoever.

I seem to remember that there were high cap magazine shortages for pistols for some police departments during the AWB. An industry refusing to sell to them would make supplies drop off in very short order. Guns no longer repaired under warranty, no new mags when old ones wear out, no new guns etc. The ammo companies would really put a hurt on them. It would be a hell of a bargaining tool.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:56:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Implementing "Barrett's Law" so to speak.  Few areso principled.  Does Barrett still refuse to sell to Commifornistan LE agencies?????
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I support this
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:56:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I've asked the question myself when thinking about the issue. I'd love to see it happen, but can understand why it wouldn't.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:57:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We aren't fucking them over, your reps are fucking them over. Maybe your reps would see the light when they are pressured in this manner.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:57:37 AM EDT
[#17]
In theory, I like the idea.

However, there is always some one that will step up and sell the .gov whatever they need, by any means necessary.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

However, there is always some one that will step up and sell the .gov whatever they need, by any means necessary.

bersa and high point?
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 11:03:20 AM EDT
[#19]
In 2008 Remington (or Winchester, don't recall) reported that
the cause for ammo shortages was the overwhelming demand from
police departments, as they became more militarized they kept
hoarding and hoarding ammo to the bitter end.

I remember a cop coming to this forum asking for help for his agency
and I told him "NO!", that their fellow departments were the ones causing
the problem, to go and ask them.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

bersa and high point?

Yes, but can they in those quantities, and, it takes time and money to set up a contract and get tooled up to meet requirements. Then they have to actually start production. It would be cheaper and easier to cave politically and allow high cap mags in NY or CA, or sales of AR15s in normal condition.

Any companies that sell to the gov and not civilians would be blacklisted and most of us would no longer buy from them. They will feel the pain of betraying the American Public.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Well I for one would buy a firearm from a company just because they do that.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 11:13:55 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm sure you could do it to LEO. I highly doubt you could do it to the .gov.

The reason is the laws and agreements you enter into when you "dance with the devil".

I was making some obsolete radio parts for an AWACS airplane through a USAF supplier. I had an issue with the Kesler solder company. The USAF supplier, supplied them with a (something like, but I don't remember the exact title) "National Defense Emergency Order". It stated that failure to cooperate with getting these parts supplied, could result in XXX fines and XXX amount of jail time. I was accomodated, very well by the people at Kesler, after they recieved this notice.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 11:32:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Any company that did this would get every bit of my business.

I understand the financial reasons they may not, but at some point there comes a time when a man / company has to put all things aside and stand on principal. There is no time more critical for our country than now.

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Yes vote from me...
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 11:44:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 11:54:02 AM EDT
[#27]
What's good for the falcon is good for the vulture.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this a "some animals are more equal than others" post?

Yep...
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

If these people/companies are vilified and ostracized from the civilian shooting community, maybe they might not be so keen.

Imagine if the NRA got everyone to say "No GSSF events" while Glock is selling >10 rounders to the government.

Imagine if Jerry Miculek is told: "Fuck off, you represent S&W and while they sell >10 round mags and AR's to the government, you and Team S&W are not welcome at our club.

This shit has to get serious.

We hang together, or we most assuredly will hang separately.

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Gun owners would need to show a coordinated resolve akin to the spirit of '76.

I say be hopeful we can do so despite all our doubts and disagreements..
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#31]
I like the idea but it will never work.  You think magpul will turn down selling tens of thousands of pmags to LEAs?  That DD will turn down contracts supply entire PDs with patrol rifles?
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 1:48:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 1:58:00 PM EDT
[#33]
I would like to see this happen, but the industry has to make money somehow

During the Clinton years, Colt slowed down civilian production, and kept
quiet about the ban. Clinton allowed Colt to sell to markets that were
once prohibited.  

When the green is pushed in your face, you will sell.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 2:02:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I like the idea but it will never work.  You think magpul will turn down selling tens of thousands of pmags to LEAs?  That DD will turn down contracts supply entire PDs with patrol rifles?

They make far more money selling to us that to them.

If the government is allowed to ban assault rifles and magazines even on a state by state basis, the civilian sales side will dry up, and the companies will go out of business.

We have to start to realize that the left is playing for keeps. They will take a little now, and when the next tragedy hits they will take a little more. They are relentless, and we must serve them a defeat in the most devastating manner possible. We will never have the court on our side again either. The SC is going to be stacked in the anti gunner's favor now for another 30 years.  

The demographics in this nation are changing rapidly, and more and more dems are going to get elected. We are nearing the end of our rope. We either make a stand now, or we will never have a chance again. In another 20 years, there will be enough of them to elect enough politicians to amend the constitution to repeal the right to keep and bear arms. They will have the votes, and will carry the states in large enough numbers to ratify it.

This is it. This is the pivotal moment that will define our 2nd amendment rights in this nation forever.

If you are an owner of a gun store, or a manufacturer, and you are reading this, now is the time to step up. If the laws in your state say no sales of high cap mags or whatever else to civilians, the next time a purchase order comes in from a police department, tell them you will not sell to them, and let them know why.

If you are a major manufacturer the same applies.

If you are a person who has the ear of one of these companies, explain to them our plight, and that the long term health of their company depends on doing this.

Sure, Magpul sells a lot of mags to the government, but how many more do they sell to us. I"ll bet it's 10 to 1 our favor. Let's see if they , and others will band together with us.

This is our final stand boys, this is it. It is time to affix bayonets, to look the enemy in the eye, and give a loud rebel yell as we go over the top to meet them. ( Theoretically speaking )
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#35]
lol
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They make far more money selling to us that to them.

If the government is allowed to ban assault rifles and magazines even on a state by state basis, the civilian sales side will dry up, and the companies will go out of business.

We have to start to realize that the left is playing for keeps. They will take a little now, and when the next tragedy hits they will take a little more. They are relentless, and we must serve them a defeat in the most devastating manner possible. We will never have the court on our side again either. The SC is going to be stacked in the anti gunner's favor now for another 30 years.  

The demographics in this nation are changing rapidly, and more and more dems are going to get elected. We are nearing the end of our rope. We either make a stand now, or we will never have a chance again. In another 20 years, there will be enough of them to elect enough politicians to amend the constitution to repeal the right to keep and bear arms. They will have the votes, and will carry the states in large enough numbers to ratify it.

This is it. This is the pivotal moment that will define our 2nd amendment rights in this nation forever.
We may be finally seeing our 2nd Amendment Cliff.

If you are an owner of a gun store, or a manufacturer, and you are reading this, now is the time to step up. If the laws in your state say no sales of high cap mags or whatever else to civilians, the next time a purchase order comes in from a police department, tell them you will not sell to them, and let them know why.

If you are a major manufacturer the same applies.

If you are a person who has the ear of one of these companies, explain to them our plight, and that the long term health of their company depends on doing this.

Sure, Magpul sells a lot of mags to the government, but how many more do they sell to us. I"ll bet it's 10 to 1 our favor. Let's see if they , and others will band together with us.

This is our final stand boys, this is it. It is time to affix bayonets, to look the enemy in the eye, and give a loud rebel yell as we go over the top to meet them. ( Theoretically speaking )

Bunch of truth in this post,people. The demographics issue is something everyone especially needs to understand.
We may be seeing our 2nd Amendment Cliff.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#37]
OP doesnt understand supply and demand. .Gov will always have money to buy, somebody will crack. That company that doesnt care about the civ market *cough PSA Cough* will make a mint
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 2:58:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I like it.

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I support this

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
OP doesnt understand supply and demand. .Gov will always have money to buy, somebody will crack. That company that doesnt care about the civ market *cough PSA Cough* will make a mint

OP understands supply and demand. Op has run businesses. OP was a business Major before OP changed majors. OP got great grades.

OP also understands that we do not need all of the companies to join with us. We only need enough to disrupt supply. It really doesn't take that much of the segment to do it. You will always have deserters.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 3:10:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Is it possible, that we can enlist the support of industry partners , to make a pledge to no longer sell rifles, handguns, magazines, or ammunition to any agency , federal, state, or local, that has on it's books laws that restrict access to the same for their citizens?

Ronnie Barret has done this, buy refusing California service and parts for the .50 rifles when they passed the law banning them in that state.

We don't need every single company, we just need enough to disrupt the flow into those areas that pass those laws.

In other words.

NY, no 30 round mags to civilians= No 30 round mags to the state guard, police, or any other agency supplied from within the state. Let Bloomberg and his cops go without the same tools as the peasants.

Like I said, we only need enough companies to sign on to disrupt the flow of supplies and cause a little pain.

I can guarantee the civilian market will swell the sales of the companies that get on board with it. I for one would definitely direct my firearms dollars to them. It is a pledge that can easily be written up, and all they need to is be a signatory. The list can be posted online , on face book, other gun sites etc.

"Please excuse my slow response on the repair service of the rifle. I am battling to what service I am repairing the rifle for. I will not sell, nor service, my rifles to those seeking to infringe upon the Constitution and the crystal clear rights it affords individuals to own firearms."

I do this already.  My company will not sell anything to any Government or LE of any area where we cannot sell that same product to law abiding citizens.  PERIOD.  We will not sell MG's to the Government.  We're close to a major step forward in small arms design, we will market a semi auto version to the civilian market and the Government can kiss our ass.  We've developed some technology that we believe will redefine how small arms combat is done in the future.  This will not be available to the Government until the MG ban and 1934 NFA are gone.  

Basically, we've cut the Government off and we're sticking to our guns on this.  I challenge all firearms manufacturers and all others in the industry to follow suit.  I will boycott any industry member that puts Government sales before our 2nd Amendment Rights.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#42]
I am a gun dealer and I won't make any such pledge...

Know why ?

Because the day I can't continue to sell semi auto rifles and such to civilians is the day I turn in my ffl  license and say fuck it.  There will no longer be a viable way to make a living for me, and there is no reason to stay in business at that point.

So I won't be around to sell to the government anyway.  

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In other words.

I do this already.  My company will not sell anything to any Government or LE of any area where we cannot sell that same product to law abiding citizens.  PERIOD.  We will not sell MG's to the Government.  We're close to a major step forward in small arms design, we will market a semi auto version to the civilian market and the Government can kiss our ass.  We've developed some technology that we believe will redefine how small arms combat is done in the future.  This will not be available to the Government until the MG ban and 1934 NFA are gone.  

Basically, we've cut the Government off and we're sticking to our guns on this.  I challenge all firearms manufacturers and all others in the industry to follow suit.  I will boycott any industry member that puts Government sales before our 2nd Amendment Rights.

I like your ideas.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#44]
[
[/quote]

Posted by Hard Rock

Basically, we've cut the Government off and we're sticking to our guns on this.  I challenge all firearms manufacturers and all others in the industry to follow suit.  I will boycott any industry member that puts Government sales before our 2nd Amendment Rights.[/quote]
***********************************************************************************************************************************
Thank you Sir.

So this is one fellas. Tell me it can't be done. This is one company, and more can do it. We need to find out how to get this thing started and out there in the sight of the gun companies, and let them see that this man, and Barrett, and some others are Patriots.

Thank you sir. Please IM me with your company name, and I will add you to my personal list of Patriot Dealers.

We need to come up with a symbol, that can be posted on the webpage of companies that take this stance, so that shoppers can see immediately that they are dealing with real 2A supporters.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 3:23:34 PM EDT
[#45]
You know these govt buyers purchase replacement guns and parts. An AR15 will last most shooters a lifetime.  As a "businessman" you should know repeat business is critical.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 3:25:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I am a gun dealer and I won't make any such pledge...

Know why ?

Because the day I can't continue to sell semi auto rifles and such to civilians is the day I turn in my ffl  license and say fuck it.  There will no longer be a viable way to make a living for me, and there is no reason to stay in business at that point.

So I won't be around to sell to the government anyway.  

That's not exactly what we're talking about here. We are also talking about high cap mags. If the government passes a magazine ban, but still allows you to sell semi auto rifles, but not high cap mags for pistols or rifles, are you going to close up?

If not, are you going to sell to local law enforcement high cap mags that the other customers of your store cannot buy? Even something as small as that is effective.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You know these govt buyers purchase replacement guns and parts. An AR15 will last most shooters a lifetime.  As a "businessman" you should know repeat business is critical.

Yes, and these companies should not sell repair kits, parts or anything else to the government if they are outlawed to civilians.

As a businessman, I also understand that new customers are a huge profit maker. There are 3.5 million new potential buyers each year. That is how many people turn 21 each year in the US on average. Gun companies are marketing very effectively to that group. They are creating new buyers, and those buyers are repeat buyers, purchasing more than one rifle, lots of mags, lots of ammo, and other equipment. It adds up to far more than military and police sales.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Government contracts are BIG money. I like the idea, but the rules of the market will take over. Even if most don't sell to the .gov, those that do will make enough to expand and fill the demand.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 3:53:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We aren't fucking them over, your reps are fucking them over. Maybe your reps would see the light when they are pressured in this manner.

Excellent idea, message in the works.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#50]
I am really liking this idea. I think it can grow some legs and while it may not change many minds, if our government, military and police all want to deem us second class "peasants" then the least we "peasants" can do is stop making the weapons and material that will ultimately be ranged against us.

Would the NRA have the balls to get behind this, I wonder?

It's a perfect example of lawful civil disobedience.

Gandhi would probably approve.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top