Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 10:19:28 AM EDT
[#1]

I started that one. . . I don't know if they're doing it by last name or what, but others who ordered after me received theirs and I received a cancellation order email
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Hey Guys,

I wanted to take a minute to shed some insight on the magazine situation if i can.  First of all I wanted to offer an apology for the situation that Pacs and anyone else encountered with magazines being "In-Stock" and Backordered moments later.  Cedjunior had it correct, the demand for magazines actually exceeded the ability for the system to keep up with the volume that was being ordered.  They way that our website works is that inventory is fed from our ERP system directly into the website in "real-time".  Unfortunately, "real-time" is the amount of time that it takes for the transactions to work both ways.  During normal circumstances, it is nearly instant.  However, we've been receiving orders at such a pace that these transactions have gotten slower.  We absolutely apologize again, we definitely don't want that ever to be your experience.

To shed some more light on the magazine situation at present, it really has been unprecedented in the last 5 days.  During a roughly the 36 hour period from Sunday afternoon to Monday evening we sold the "average demand" equivalent of about 3 1/2 years worth of PMAGS, and and an even greater amount of our Brownells magazines. We're working like crazy to get these orders to you as quickly as possible.  

We're working directly with Magpul daily to forecast out the next couple of months deliveries.  Magpul is focusing their efforts on the BLACK magazines, so we're limiting backorders to only Black for now.  

On the Brownells 30 and 20 round magazines, we're still flowing those into the system daily, and are producing those at 100% capacity as well.  We ordered more material yesterday that will allow us to up production again in the coming weeks.

Our apologies for the delays!  We'll keep working as hard as possible to get these going and will keep you updated always.  Let us know if we can do anything at all.  - JC

No problem, I jest, I jest.

Hope you can sell out of everything, and profit. Then reorder again.

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 10:22:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks for taking the time to respond. So to summarize: 3 1/2 years of Pmag orders in 3 days.

Yeah, I'll cut ya some slack on the 10 I ordered

Yeah that is pretty mind blowing.  I wonder how many Pmags they sell in a year.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for taking the time to respond. So to summarize: 3 1/2 years of Pmag orders in 3 days.

Yeah that is pretty mind blowing.  I wonder how many Pmags they sell in a year.

Makes one think people are really worried about an AWB.

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 10:28:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice to see an update.  Time to sit back and wait it out.  I am sure the people answering the phones and emails are earning their keep at the moment.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks Guys - I can't tell you how much we appreciate you guys hanging in there with us on these.  If we can answer any questions at all let us know.

I placed an order early-ish on Saturday for some PMags and your Al mags.  It has been sitting in "BEING PICKED" status for a few days.  I'm not angry about this at all, I get that you're busy.  However, I want to make sure my order does get stuck in limbo somewhere between getting fulfilled and being backordered.  I tried calling to speak to someone about it but I only get busy signals (again, not angry; I get it).  How can I be sure my order will be fulfilled at some point?

It will be.  Don't get your panties twisted.

If there is one company I would always trust it would be Brownells.

I appreciate your input but I thought I was pretty clear that I'm not too concerned about the issue.  You must not recall about a year ago when Brownell's had serious issues with their computer system and literally "lost" many days worth of orders due to hardware crashes and then a power outage.  I had an order in with them at the time that stayed permanently in "being picked" status before I called them and got them to sort out the issue.  So, having had an experience with an order stuck in limbo, I just want to be sure it doesn't happen again.  Whether or not it ships or goes to backorder is not a huge concern.  That one of those two things happens is a concern.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 10:55:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not even 3 days, a day and a half (36hours)!!!!!  

I stocked up years ago so the extra mags I ordered are just cake.  I don't plan on selling them, giving them as stocking stuffers!
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 11:08:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks Guys - I can't tell you how much we appreciate you guys hanging in there with us on these.  If we can answer any questions at all let us know.

Thank you for the update, I am sticking with you guys for sure! With that being said my order was for glock 17 mags, do you know if there is a story/ timeline on them. I have been wanting to call but have not because I did not want to tie up your already busy phone lines.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Stay safe out there and sent my order number.  Granted it said in stock when I ordered but we know about computers.  

Thanks for the help.  Too bad you do not stock HK mags too.

okay stupid question, is my card charged now or when the order ships?

torzoi
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Thank you Brownells!  You guys are awesome.  As a result of that, I just ordered some more stuff from you...and I'll be happy whenever I get it even though I know it will be a while.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#12]
+1,000,000 for Brownells being fucking awesome

Surely there is a secret stash of Pmags for your fellow Iowans right? I'll drive over from DSM tomorrow to pick them up

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:05:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow, awesome CS for an employee to be updating us like this! Thanks Brownells!

I've got an order of 10 pmags showing up tomorrow. I'm thinking of ordering a Hornady LNL auto progressive... Do you guys have a shipping discount code at this time?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 6:27:23 PM EDT
[#14]
At what point are you able to legally sell your magazines with the new tan followers?

You were selling your magazines with the (at the time) current issue green followers instead of the old black ones.

I imagine there must be a point where you are allowed to upgrade to the tan as well.

Thanks!

P.S.  My fear is also that due to the high amount of orders / back orders, Brownell's CQ for mags will PLUMMET as they try to crank out as many as possible to fill orders as fast as they can.  You can bet they aren't going to be doing the full tests required for their military contract for this next citizen batch!!

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Happens in a lot of businesses.
When multiple people are pulling from the same inventory,
It tends to go fast without updates
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 6:55:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They didn't raise price fast enough.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Hmm... I have one of those right here in this room with me. And a couple of old Epson CP/M portables as well(PX-8 with a Wordstar ROM chip and an HX-20). Just something about that form factor that just screams SEX!

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 7:23:33 PM EDT
[#22]
If Brownell's says it is backordered, they will come through for you eventually.

I got in on their backordered xm193 when it was $279 shipped with discount code and free shipping.  It took a couple of months to get it in but they honored the order and the discount.

They are A+ rated in my book.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Hmm... I have one of those right here in this room with me. And a couple of old Epson CP/M portables as well(PX-8 with a Wordstar ROM chip and an HX-20). Just something about that form factor that just screams SEX!

That one is mine and still works, slow, but works.

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 8:38:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Huh, I didn't know Brownell's made their own mags. 125K/mo is a lot of mags.

Good luck keeping up with demand, guys.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 8:43:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Huh, I didn't know Brownell's made their own mags. 125K/mo is a lot of mags.

Good luck keeping up with demand, guys.
They're a big supplier for the military too.

Link Posted: 12/21/2012 7:15:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hey Blain,

Apologies, I'm not sure on when / if we can sell the mags with the Tan followers.   What I can tell you regarding the QC of the magazines is that we share the same concerns and that even in the height of this we aren't, and won't lessen the quality of the magazines for the sake of production speed.  We're using the same materials and same production lines as always.   With any purchase that you make at Brownells, you're covered by our Forever Guarantee.   For any reason, at any time, return it for a full refund or exchange. No time limits, no fees, no endless paperwork.  

Let me know if you need anything at all!

Quoted:
At what point are you able to legally sell your magazines with the new tan followers?

You were selling your magazines with the (at the time) current issue green followers instead of the old black ones.

I imagine there must be a point where you are allowed to upgrade to the tan as well.

Thanks!

P.S.  My fear is also that due to the high amount of orders / back orders, Brownell's CQ for mags will PLUMMET as they try to crank out as many as possible to fill orders as fast as they can.  You can bet they aren't going to be doing the full tests required for their military contract for this next citizen batch!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15N-YQxfLNg

Well, that's very comforting to know!  The high quality of the Brownells magazine is why they are my FAVORITE AR15 magazine, hands down.  Better than Pmags, etc IMHO.  

If you could get back to us about the possible future availability of the tan followers, that would be great.  As I previously stated, you guys offered green followers for your mags when green followers were the current military issue.  What changed from then to now?
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 7:50:22 AM EDT
[#27]
My order was backordered too.  No big deal, as long as I get them.

They don't charge you,  until the items come in and ship.
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 7:56:29 AM EDT
[#28]
we sold the "average demand" equivalent of about 3 1/2 years worth of PMAGS

OMG! That's a lot of mags!

I ordered 10 mags Monday morning, and got them Wednesday afternoon. Brownell's is the best company I've ever dealt with. Period.
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 2:32:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Sportsmans guide also sells Brownells Mags..  They have an early february shipping date now.
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A fellow Iowan!  Brother we're going to have to start making Snowplows if this weather keeps up!  Brutal out there.

I hear that. Hopefully the little worker bee's over there in Montezuma all got to work safely and nobody ended up in the ditch.

Keep up the solid work, and have a Merry Christmas
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 6:51:03 AM EDT
[#31]
+1 for Brownell's customer service! Just got a reply about an earlier PM I sent on my order. I have been buying from Brownells for some time now and they will continue to have my business!
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#33]
this.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hey Blain,

Apologies, I'm not sure on when / if we can sell the mags with the Tan followers.   What I can tell you regarding the QC of the magazines is that we share the same concerns and that even in the height of this we aren't, and won't lessen the quality of the magazines for the sake of production speed.  We're using the same materials and same production lines as always.   With any purchase that you make at Brownells, you're covered by our Forever Guarantee.   For any reason, at any time, return it for a full refund or exchange. No time limits, no fees, no endless paperwork.  

Let me know if you need anything at all!

Quoted:

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15N-YQxfLNg

Brownell's Forever Guarantee is the shit!  I have a pair of ProEars I bought in 2003 that just up and stopped working in 2009.  ProEars wanted $$$ to repair if I could find the receipt.  I called Brownell's and they said send them back, we'll replace them since i got them from Brownell's.

Plus, I won a 100 dollar gift card on FB for me and a friend :)
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Is Magpul making gen2 or gen3 for these backorders?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 10:17:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Is Magpul making gen2 or gen3 for these backorders?

I just received my box for 2 10 packs of PMags. All Gen 2.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Bless Brownells. Magazines shipped today.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Still waitin' on mine.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 12:33:37 PM EDT
[#40]
for a mag order placed on Saturday 12-22 about how much of a wait time will be involved now? Not in a huge hurry just curious about when I should expect to be charged
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:43:14 PM EDT
[#41]

Just got here from a Daily Mail UK direct link, left cold: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2252728/Worlds-largest-arms-dealer-says-sold-3-5-years-magazines-gun-used-Sandy-Hook-killer-days.html
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Just got here from a Daily Mail UK direct link, left cold: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2252728/Worlds-largest-arms-dealer-says-sold-3-5-years-magazines-gun-used-Sandy-Hook-killer-days.html

They refer to us as "ak15.com"
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:55:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They refer to us as "ak15.com"

"ak15.com: Home of the Shoulder Thing That Goes Up"
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Big Brown brought me 10 today.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:24:20 PM EDT
[#45]
There is no finer store than Brownells.

One can hardly fault them for their own failure to plan ahead.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Mine came USPS today. I was surprised that the mags had dust covers. It was my understanding that they would not have them.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine came USPS today. I was surprised that the mags had dust covers. It was my understanding that they would not have them.

With as much as mags cost today?!  I'm surprised they didn't come in NASA-engineered carbon filament nanotech cases.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Ordered 3 on 12/19 and just got my email today that they are shipped.   Yes, only 3. Not going to stock up and resell to suckers.  I though I only had 3 for my AR until I started rummaging around my ammo cabinet and found 3 more. So now I'll have 9 for 5.56 and also found I only have 6 Black Dogs for my .22 upper, so I placed an order with them last night for 3 more.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 10:49:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Can some of you guys post what your order numbers were so we can tell where about they are getting to in the queue?  I ordered a 10 pack of their USGI mags on the 19th and was quoted end of Jan/first of Feb as a rough ETA.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Ordered 3 on 12/19 and just got my email today that they are shipped.   Yes, only 3. Not going to stock up and resell to suckers.  I though I only had 3 for my AR until I started rummaging around my ammo cabinet and found 3 more. So now I'll have 9 for 5.56 and also found I only have 6 Black Dogs for my .22 upper, so I placed an order with them last night for 3 more.

I placed an order on the 18th and haven't heard shit.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top