Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:54:37 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

If you see the video, something seems BS to me.  I think its a publicity thing.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/gun-seller-i-cant-do-it-anymore

SEMINOLE - As a pawn shop owner, Frank James was always a big believer in gun rights and the second amendment.  After all, it was his bread and butter business.

But after what he saw in Newtown, Connecticut on Friday, he's had a change of heart.  "I basically broke into tears and looked up on the wall, seeing the types of firearms I am selling," James said.

At the Loan Star Pawn store in Seminole, a glass display case that once housed several Bushmaster AR-15 assault rifles is now empty.  The glass counters normally filled with handguns has been completely cleared.

"I'm not going to be part of it anymore," James said.  He has several copies of the exact rifle suspected in the massacre.

Good! Fuck him! One less unAmerican douchebag we have to deal with. Good job Frank; you have single handedly moved yourself to the list of people in the U.S. that register a 0 on my give-a-shit-o-meter and also added yourself to my next years Darwin Awards list. Do us a favor and don't procreate. The gene pool is already fucked up enough.

I wonder if LE will investigate to find out if he had any part in the Conn perpetrator having access to firearms illegally... I mean he does seem to admit he was "part of it" in some way.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:55:47 AM EDT
[#2]
He can feel free to contact me and I'll take the left over stock off his hands.  I promise I'll destroy those horrible things!
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:56:37 AM EDT
[#3]
If he needs to dispose of them, I have a lake near by I can toss them in for him. Since it's obviously too emotional for him at this time...
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:57:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Let him run his business however he wants.  I could care less.  If I lived in FL, that would be one store I'd never shop at.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:59:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice rifles. I'll give him $10 for his whole collection, but that's as high as I go.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:00:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sad day when a man makes a business decision based on his own morals and feelings and people come here to call him a faggot and a whore.

He ows a PAWN SHOP! Where were these "feelings and morals" over the years he was offering people a pittance for their items and then charging them ridiculous interest rates to get their pawned items out of hock? And WHY exactly did he need to announce his decision to the media... versus just DOING it?

Please don't quote the troll.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:03:47 AM EDT
[#7]
If it's a Florida pawn shop you can bet they are off the shelves and in his safe, you can be sure they will pop up after the ban for a fucking PREMIUM, just like the Clinton 94 ban
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:06:37 AM EDT
[#8]
And yet, for all of the new gun shops, I've never seen the media do a positive story about it.

So, no, the media obviously doesn't have a bias/agenda.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:13:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If it's a Florida pawn shop you can bet they are off the shelves and in his safe, you can be sure they will pop up after the ban for a fucking PREMIUM, just like the Clinton 94 ban

Yeah, I'm thinking it's a win-win for him.  Good pub for being caring about 'the children' and locks them up until he rolls them out on gunbroker at quadruple the price.

I mean, how did the news get this story?  He decided yesterday morning to not put them out and he's on the news by evening?  He's full of shit.  

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:15:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:16:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I thought Seminole was in Florida?

It is, his shop is next town over from me.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:22:32 AM EDT
[#12]
He just got himself a big TV spot he couldn't afford otherwise. Business will spike in the short term with support from the anti's. He will quietly go back to selling the firearms later. I bet he still is if someone asks for it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:35:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

"I'm not going to be part of it anymore," James said.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:43:50 AM EDT
[#14]
So?
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:51:03 AM EDT
[#15]
"Pawnshop goes broke. "

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 6:00:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

"I'm not going to be part of it anymore," James said.  He has several copies of the exact rifle suspected in the massacre.

The RIFLE suspected in the massacre?  No, it wasn't a [deranged] person that did this, we suspect that an AR15 rifle is to blame.

Bring this rifle to Justice.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 6:01:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sad day when a man makes a business decision based on his own morals and feelings and people come here to call him a faggot and a whore.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 6:03:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Seminole, is that the small town next to Tampon and St. Pete?

Yes, unfortunately my hometown is making the news for this shit.

That pawnshop is garbage anyways.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 6:09:54 AM EDT
[#19]
So instead of selling to the public he'll sell them to another dealer for a profit I assume. Who will in turn sell them to the public. Which makes him a hypocrite.

Or he'll keep them locked in the safe and if an AWB is passed and their value shoots up then he'll sell them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 6:10:55 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm so tired of hearing that the guns are suspects in shootings.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 6:50:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Does he ask for receips of the goods he buys? Half of the stuff he buys and sells is problably stolen, most of the gold jewelry for sure,  but he has a moral issue with guns... right.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 6:53:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not surprised; pawn shops are known for their compassion.

I sense a little...      sarcasm?

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 6:55:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
it is a pawn shop.. if it remains profitable he will sell them. I bet you his FFL got screwed somehow and is using this as an excuse.

thats what im thinking, too many back door deals and is about to get caught.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#24]
I really hate pawn shop owners. Where I live , they are  simply fences for stolen property they buy from drug addicts.

Then you add the FFL.    

I am a FFL dealer. Mine stands for Federal Firearms License.

Most of these Pawn guys, their FFL stands for Full Fledged Liar. I wish he had said he won't be gunowner anymore too.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 7:38:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What a bitch

Fucking spinless pieces of rotten dog shit!!!  WTF!!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 7:47:20 AM EDT
[#26]
What a complete and total faggot.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 7:55:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
it is a pawn shop.. if it remains profitable he will sell them. I bet you his FFL got screwed somehow and is using this as an excuse.

FFL was probably pulled.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 7:56:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Next he can stop selling stolen shit .

Brought in by junkies. Who knew?

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 8:01:42 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Well yeah,life sucks sometimes.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 8:10:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Ever wonder how many people die from alcohol related accidents and overdose? Car wrecks ,drowning.. The guy is a freekin moron. A sheep.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 8:17:36 AM EDT
[#31]
does this mean he's having a clearance sale?
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 8:18:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Not surprised; pawn shops are known for their compassion.

yep. right up there with Pretty Woman-style, heart-of-gold hookers.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 8:19:25 AM EDT
[#33]
What a pussy. Maybe he'll stock those shelves with tampons now.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 8:22:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I don't blame or hold animosity towards anyone, gunowner or  non-gunowner alike for changing their views to the anti-side.

I don't have kids, but have nephews, and have friends co-workers who have kids the same age as those killed, and truth be told when the news broke Friday afternoon I myself did some questioning with respect to my interest in guns, and if I wasn't being selfish for owning EBR's and supporting the second amendment in the face of so much death.

This was a brief thought, and logic won out (the next day I bought two more AR's), and I came to the conclusion that this is more of a mental health issue than anything.
Someone intent on killing large numbers of people will always find a way to do so...

You should hold animosity towards anyone who is anti gun. They want to make you a criminal, deny you your property rights, and deny you your rights under the second amendment all while pushing laws of dubious efficacy,

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 8:25:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That man is a stooge, a useful idiot, a cog in a propaganda machine. Gun control does not prevent mass shootings, these things occur in countries with much stricter laws than ours.

There is nothing noble about his decision. Justifying this by saying he is following his morals and feelings is like saying the Taliban were doing the right thing for following there morals and feelings. Not all morals are equivalent.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 8:27:32 AM EDT
[#36]
First post and all.  What a little bitch
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 8:29:32 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

If you see the video, something seems BS to me.  I think its a publicity thing.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/gun-seller-i-cant-do-it-anymore

SEMINOLE - As a pawn shop owner, Frank James was always a big believer in gun rights and the second amendment.  After all, it was his bread and butter business.

But after what he saw in Newtown, Connecticut on Friday, he's had a change of heart.  "I basically broke into tears and looked up on the wall, seeing the types of firearms I am selling," James said.

At the Loan Star Pawn store in Seminole, a glass display case that once housed several Bushmaster AR-15 assault rifles is now empty.  The glass counters normally filled with handguns has been completely cleared.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 8:30:21 AM EDT
[#38]
you know... these places that are vowing to no longer sell guns....

they sound like good places to start leaving those "No guns = No $$$" business cards.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 8:33:58 AM EDT
[#39]
I live in Seminole. I should swing by there and make him an offer on all of his evil inventory.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 8:37:47 AM EDT
[#40]
pussy.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:34:30 PM EDT
[#41]
FUCK THAT ASSHOLE! I got my house broken into a while back, and it's ilk like him who are selling my stolen shit!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:45:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:56:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This should have been the first reply. Can we get it moved to the top?

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#46]
this needs a follow up a month from now to see if he still has his FFL or if he's a lying piece of shit

For Doktor Zoom

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:14:00 PM EDT
[#47]
He's probably keeping them for himself.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He ows a PAWN SHOP! Where were these "feelings and morals" over the years he was offering people a pittance for their items and then charging them ridiculous interest rates to get their pawned items out of hock? And WHY exactly did he need to announce his decision to the media... versus just DOING it?

f*cking SNAP!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:31:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Pawn shop owner with a conscience?  Right.  Sure.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#50]
His right to do so.  Also his loss.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top