Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/18/2012 2:35:20 AM EDT

If you see the video, something seems BS to me.  I think its a publicity thing.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/gun-seller-i-cant-do-it-anymore

SEMINOLE - As a pawn shop owner, Frank James was always a big believer in gun rights and the second amendment.  After all, it was his bread and butter business.

But after what he saw in Newtown, Connecticut on Friday, he's had a change of heart.  "I basically broke into tears and looked up on the wall, seeing the types of firearms I am selling," James said.

At the Loan Star Pawn store in Seminole, a glass display case that once housed several Bushmaster AR-15 assault rifles is now empty.  The glass counters normally filled with handguns has been completely cleared.

"I'm not going to be part of it anymore," James said.  He has several copies of the exact rifle suspected in the massacre.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:37:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

SEMINOLE - As a pawn shop owner, Frank James was always a big believer in gun rights and the second amendment.  After all, it was his bread and butter business.

But after what he saw in Newtown, Connecticut on Friday, he's had a change of heart.  "I basically broke into tears and looked up on the wall, seeing the types of firearms I am selling," James said.

At the Loan Star Pawn store in Seminole, a glass display case that once housed several Bushmaster AR-15 assault rifles is now empty.  The glass counters normally filled with handguns has been completely cleared.

"I'm not going to be part of it anymore," James said.  He has several copies of the exact rifle suspected in the massacre.

Pimping himself out for money and attention.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:38:48 AM EDT
[#2]
lol
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:39:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Dunblane-ing ourselves.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:40:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Fucking whore!
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:43:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh for fucks sake.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:43:56 AM EDT
[#6]
What a bitch
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:45:04 AM EDT
[#7]
HuRRr
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:46:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What a faggot

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:46:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I find ironic that his name is Frank James.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:47:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Turn in man card.

Cut nuts off.

Move to a country with a wimpy constitution.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:49:58 AM EDT
[#11]
He's probably just sold out!  
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:50:23 AM EDT
[#12]
it is a pawn shop.. if it remains profitable he will sell them. I bet you his FFL got screwed somehow and is using this as an excuse.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:50:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey, big Pete here from Big Pete's Chevrolet, Buick Cadillac. After seeing how many cars are used in reckless and drunk driving fatalities, I'm gonna quit selling cars. I just can't do it anymore.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:51:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sold em all out then decided to make himself famous.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:53:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sold em all out then decided to make himself famous.

I'm not surprised the Bushwacker  rifles sold out.  It is the most powerful gun in the world ya know.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 3:10:04 AM EDT
[#16]
What a tool. I hope his business fails.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 3:12:49 AM EDT
[#17]
What he also ought to do is close up his shop.  All the tools, ipods, and other shit is stolen in them.  Don't see him crying about that.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 3:12:56 AM EDT
[#18]
His choice which I see nothing wrong with it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 3:16:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
His choice which I see nothing wrong with it.

Me too.  He's being a little bitch of an attention whore, which I don't care for, but bully for running his business as he sees fit.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 3:21:11 AM EDT
[#20]

The RIFLE suspected in the massacre?  No, it wasn't a [deranged] person that did this, we suspect that an AR15 rifle is to blame.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 3:36:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a faggot

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 3:37:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Uh huh.  Either this dude is weapons grade stupid or lost his FFL
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 3:44:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

sadly this
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 3:45:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Next he can stop selling stolen shit .
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 3:47:28 AM EDT
[#25]
collaborator.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 3:49:23 AM EDT
[#26]
What a cock.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 3:53:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Exactly.

A Pawn Shop owner with a conscience? Give me a fucking break.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 3:55:51 AM EDT
[#28]
I understand his values as he has a daughter that age...

Wait a minute, no I don't....what an attention grabbing whore.
If it was the case and he really was feeling bad, he would just do it.
No fucking news crews needed.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:02:31 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

He's probably just sold out!  

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:04:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
it is a pawn shop.. if it remains profitable he will sell them. I bet you his FFL got screwed somehow and is using this as an excuse.

I bet you're right.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:06:47 AM EDT
[#31]
I wonder if he pulled all his baseball bats, hammers, stupid swords, and any other shit that can be used as weapons?
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:07:58 AM EDT
[#32]
I wonder if he stopped using harsh language too.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:08:24 AM EDT
[#33]
I don't blame or hold animosity towards anyone, gunowner or  non-gunowner alike for changing their views to the anti-side.

I don't have kids, but have nephews, and have friends co-workers who have kids the same age as those killed, and truth be told when the news broke Friday afternoon I myself did some questioning with respect to my interest in guns, and if I wasn't being selfish for owning EBR's and supporting the second amendment in the face of so much death.

This was a brief thought, and logic won out (the next day I bought two more AR's), and I came to the conclusion that this is more of a mental health issue than anything.
Someone intent on killing large numbers of people will always find a way to do so...
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:13:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Get used to it everybody.  He's not the only one.
Cerberus just decided to sell out its stake in Freedom Group.  FG is the holding company that currently owns Bushmaster, Remington, etc.

Gun owners shouldn't be surprised if this time, they end up under the bus.  
A lot of people/politicians are going to run from this one.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:14:09 AM EDT
[#35]
They are really cranking up the propaganda machine for this one.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:14:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I don't blame or hold animosity towards anyone, gunowner or  non-gunowner alike for changing their views to the anti-side.

I don't have kids, but have nephews, and have friends co-workers who have kids the same age as those killed, and truth be told when the news broke Friday afternoon I myself did some questioning with respect to my interest in guns, and if I wasn't being selfish for owning EBR's and supporting the second amendment in the face of so much death.

This was a brief thought, and logic won out (the next day I bought two more AR's), and I came to the conclusion that this is more of a mental health issue than anything.
Someone intent on killing large numbers of people will always find a way to do so...

Blame them for being gullible to the liberal media's bias.

You're forgetting the millions of legitimate self defensive uses which prevent rapes, murders, and other serious bodily harm.  Of course, that doesn't fit the lib media's views, so the 'forget' to report it...  Or there's a little blurb buried pages in.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:21:54 AM EDT
[#37]
What a baby back bitch....
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:22:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh, I think he's going to lose money with no guns to sell.

..........and good.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:25:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Sad day when a man makes a business decision based on his own morals and feelings and people come here to call him a faggot and a whore.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:25:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Anyone know how I can contact him?  I want to give him my address for proper disposal of remaining guns, ammo and optics.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:26:12 AM EDT
[#41]
The hell is wrong with people, I do not understand how someone could sell out freedom. To strip the rights of millions of people based on the actions of a few nut Jobs is ridiculous. FTUSG
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:27:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Seminole, is that the small town next to Tampon and St. Pete?
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:28:28 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

A Pawn Shop owner with a conscience? Give me a fucking break.

Fucking +1, geez.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:29:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Had an antique dealer in town who used to do transfers, but don't think she really sold them. She was cheap, $10 per transfer. But after a WY Guardsmen sniped his wife through the Old Chicago's front windows, then took off to the hills and popped himself, She stopped doing transfers. I heard it was because she was friends with the wife.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:35:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Douchebag.

And... If this were a buddy of mine, and he said, "I have been making a solid income selling guns, but now I feel guilty for what I have done."

My response would honestly be... "Are your books straight. Because if your books are straight, and you have been a straight-up dealer, operating within the law, you have absolutely nothing to be guilty about."

My first reaction would honestly be doubt that the guy has been doing-right (in the law and his conscience) for all those years. Call my cynical, or whatever, but that is  my first reaction...

My gut says if the guy has been honoring his conscience, and operating within his rights and within the law, he has absolutely nothing to feel guilty about...

It is times like this you learn you your friends are, and who your enemies are...
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:44:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Aww, poor baby. Guess he can just send those icky guns to me for proper disposal.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:45:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Sad day when a man makes a business decision based on his own morals and feelings and people come here to call him a faggot and a whore.

He ows a PAWN SHOP! Where were these "feelings and morals" over the years he was offering people a pittance for their items and then charging them ridiculous interest rates to get their pawned items out of hock? And WHY exactly did he need to announce his decision to the media... versus just DOING it?

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:51:08 AM EDT
[#48]
He is just out there for free publicity.
Why not just do it, why do you need to tell the press and try to get on TV.

Pathetic!
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:51:19 AM EDT
[#49]
If that dick cheese was serious those guns wouldn't just not get sold, he'd destroy them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:54:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Not surprised; pawn shops are known for their compassion.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top