BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

maybe he had two rifles

I'm thinking the gun found in the trunk was the shotgun.

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Now ABC is saying it was the Bushmater:

Adam Lanza used a Bushmaster .223 semi-automatic rifle at close range to kill children and adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut on Friday.

"I believe everybody was hit more than once," said Dr. H. Wayne Carver, the state of Connecticut's Chief Medical Examiner.

He said the bullets were uniquely damaging and that Lanza's victims died almost immediately.

"The bullets are designed in such a fashion the energy is deposited in the tissue so the bullet stays in," Carver said. He described the wounds as a "very devastating set of injuries."

.223? At close range through small children?
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Adam Lanza used a Bushmaster .223 semi-automatic rifle at close range to kill children and adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut on Friday.

"I believe everybody was hit more than once," said Dr. H. Wayne Carver, the state of Connecticut's Chief Medical Examiner.

He said the bullets were uniquely damaging and that Lanza's victims died almost immediately.

"The bullets are designed in such a fashion the energy is deposited in the tissue so the bullet stays in," Carver said. He described the wounds as a "very devastating set of injuries."

Bullet fragments, maybe?

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullet fragments, maybe?  

OK that makes more sense.
I was assuming .223 would go right through someone at room distances (say 10 feet).
Poor kids.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullet fragments, maybe?  

OK that makes more sense.

I was assuming .223 would go right through someone at room distances (say 10 feet).

Poor kids.

I honestly don't know either, just an assumption.

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 12:56:43 PM EDT
[#6]
news said he used a bushwhacker.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe soft point bullets were used?  64 grains, maybe?  (Heavy weight, lower speed?)  

Poor, poor kids.  

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
AR15 never left the trunk and gun ban folks are trying to say that it was "quote" used in the shooting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLrxSgkqJQc&sns=em

That Looks like a shotgun he's clearing.  Definitely not an AR-15 with the position of the guy's hands while he cycles the action.

That's what I thought. Looks like a 12 gauge shell that pops out when he clears it, and it has a charging handle on the side.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
AR15 never left the trunk and gun ban folks are trying to say that it was "quote" used in the shooting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLrxSgkqJQc&sns=em

That Looks like a shotgun he's clearing.  Definitely not an AR-15 with the position of the guy's hands while he cycles the action.

That's what I thought. Looks like a 12 gauge shell that pops out when he clears it, and it has a charging handle on the side.

This is the Media we're talking about it...... very well could have been the cop clearing HIS weapon before putting it away once the scene was no longer active..fucking newsies cant get anything right
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So since these guns were his mother's, and she lived in CT, they were probably 100% AWB compliant.

yep

and this should give one pause. because it demonstrates that not even the AWB, the registration of firearms to an adult (mother), the prevention of sales of a rifle to the shooter and the attempted prevention of an active shooter into a building via locked doors and windows (i heard he shot out some windows to gain intrance) would have prevented this incident.

the fallout will be interesting to watch.....

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:06:25 PM EDT
[#11]
first thing on the news at 6 was a report on the shooting, the first thing the report focused on was the firearms, an "assault" rifle with a picture of an ar15 and then the handguns with a picture of a glock

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Was that written by a high schooler?
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:13:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Vepr
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 8:23:55 AM EDT
[#14]
There should be a 30 day waiting period on all stories involving violence to get the facts right and lesson the threat of copy cat killers wanting their 15 minutes of fame.

Journalists should be certified through extensive training to make sure only facts are presented to the public.

They should be licensed for accuracy of reporting and all of their computers should be registered.

If these common sense restrictions on the press saves just one life wouldn't it be worth it?
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:18:49 AM EDT
[#15]
So we still don't know for sure which weapon or caliber was used?

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:23:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm confused as well?
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:23:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Sure we do.  They said over, and over, again on CNBC this morning.   It was an Bushmaster AR-15 ASSAULT RIFLE, like the army and police have, designed to kill people.   And we need to ban them. Because that will save everyone.  The same story will be run 24/7 from now on.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 7:04:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure we do.  They said over, and over, again on CNBC this morning.   It was an Bushmaster AR-15 ASSAULT RIFLE, like the army and police have, designed to kill people.   And we need to ban them. Because that will save everyone.  The same story will be run 24/7 from now on.

The lame stream media have been reporting bogus information since this tragedy happened.

I was hoping by now that either the Medical Examiner's report, or maybe an arfcom LEO from CT would have some info to clear up all of the bs that is being spouted by the media.

So far I have heard 2 pistols, a Bushmaster, a shotgun, a hunting rifle, an SKS, a Sig Schnauzer, and a Bushwhacker. How the media left the notorious AK-47 out of their reports is a mystery to me.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 7:25:40 AM EDT
[#19]
The weapons that use .223 caliber ammunition range from bolt-action rifles to the more "assault" type semi-automatic rifles. New Jersey and Connecticut both have strict gun laws in place banning their own definitions of "assault" rifles — and anything over a 10 round magazine — but a simple trip across the border into Pennsylvania can secure weapons illegal in both those aforementioned states, or one can just pick weapons out on the web, and have them shipped to an FFL close to a qualifying "friend" (an illegal tactic known as a strawman purchase).

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/what-gun-did-the-sandy-hook-shooter-use-2012-12#ixzz2FQBO6FVb

The fucking tool changed his article after I sent that email, but it still words it like it is possible to buy guns out of your state! He says that CT has an "assault weapon ban" but that you can just go to another state and buy one and ship to a qualifying friend in your state? If there is a ban, there IS no "qualifying friend" if the fucking gun is illegal, the FFL receiver won't transfer it to him!

So there, I tried to fix stupid, and it only got worse. Apparently this guy has no fucking clue what a gunshow looks like, and has no clue how to actually purchase a gun.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 9:43:50 AM EDT
[#20]
10/22 ?
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 9:59:14 AM EDT
[#21]
straw purchases are not hard to prosecute.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Any update on this?  Seems to be conflicting reports.  Any recovered shell casings or bullet ballistics?
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The lame stream media have been reporting bogus information since this tragedy happened.

I was hoping by now that either the Medical Examiner's report, or maybe an arfcom LEO from CT would have some info to clear up all of the bs that is being spouted by the media.

So far I have heard 2 pistols, a Bushmaster, a shotgun, a hunting rifle, an SKS, a Sig Schnauzer, and a Bushwhacker. How the media left the notorious AK-47 out of their reports is a mystery to me.

Me too.  I figured it would be a Bushmaster Glock AK-47 assault machine gun.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#24]
ALL the media is talking about is...

He used a Bushmaster AR-15 ASSAULT RIFLE, USED BY THE MILITARY, TO KILL PEOPLE, we need to ban assault rifles to prevent this from happening in the future.

But the bigger problem is that once again, society is turning to government to make laws that put more guns to our heads.   Each law is a "gun".  Because in order to enforce each law, no matter how trivial you have to ultimately be willing to KILL people to enforce it.  ALL laws are potential "good shoots".  

So if you want to make AR-15's, or assault rifles, illegal, you are willing to KILL people for being in possession of one.   Not for killing, assault, or committing some other property crime.  You are killing them just for being in possession of a gun.  

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:24:57 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm curious.

Was it an AR-15?   Did he or did he not have it with him?
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:43:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I'm curious.

One thing is for sure....we are being lied to to further gun control

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Critical thinking question. I propose the ar15 was not used. First the school said you have to be let in to get into the office meaning they had to see you physically or on video. They let him in because they knew him because of his mother. Okay now think they knew him but had to see him to identify him and let him in. How did they not see a three foot long rifle? Two handguns sure. But how did they miss the three foot long rifle? I believe the original news story it was left in the car and their using it for propaganda assault weapons ban stuff.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:14:28 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm curious.

One thing is for sure....we are being lied to to further gun control

THERE is absolutely NO DOUBT, the media is playing to the "he used an assault weapon".  When CNBC, ran segments all during squakbox today, they ONLY referred to the Bushmaster AR-15.  Over and over again.  

Even the "moderates" and "conservatives" are ready to ban them.  

This is an important question.  Did he, or did he not, use an AR-15?  Or, is this just a blatant agenda driven propaganda push to disarm law-abiding civilians?

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top