Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 29
Posted: 12/14/2012 9:28:27 AM EDT
I started this thread so we can separate the political commentary from the factual commentary thread at

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1402038_Frack__foxnews_reporting_a_school_shooting_in_CT.html

Personally, I think Odumbo and the commies in DC will use this to push for more of their crap.  A large school shooting is just too juicy to pass up.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:31:14 AM EDT
[#1]
We better make damn sure the Republicans don't lose the HOR in the mid terms

DAMN sure
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:31:18 AM EDT
[#2]
We're in for a ride, that is for certain.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#3]
It really turns my stomach when I hear the right say the solution to gun violence is punishing law abiding, gun owners. Last time I checked, criminals don't exactly follow the law.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:31:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:32:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Tag for when I'm ready to think about it.  

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#6]
A school is a "gun-free zone".  This didnt prevent this act of evil.  But this WILL BE used for a AWB ban.  And it will be a permanent one if its passed
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:33:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:34:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I know it's been SOP for a long time, but it's an awful commentary on our system when "How will this be exploited" even enters into the equations.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:34:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Buy buy buy.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#10]
The President already confirmed today that he will push for another AWB.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:35:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:35:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Just as the panic buying was starting to settle...
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:35:59 AM EDT
[#13]
This is the moment the left and brady bunch have been waiting for.

This is going to be painful and permanent.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:36:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Of course they'll use this opportunity to push for more violations of our rights...

I, personally, would support a system designed to ensure that those who have been determined to have mental problems are denied access to firearms.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#15]
We need to preempt them.  We keep saying that guns aren't the issue, lunatics are.  Well, it's pretty much sing-or-get-off-the-stage time to actually do something about it.  We need a national level plan that effectively and comprehensively deals with the root issue...  the violently insane.

We need to figure out a better way of finding and containing violent crazy people before they go on a rampage.  Reporting, evaluation, treatment and incarceration, and a robust appeals system that balances individual rights with the need for involuntary containment and treatment.  It has to be absolutely apolitical and objective.

The longer we walk around going "DEAD CHILDREN ARE THE COST OF THE BILL OF RIGHTS, CARRY OR DIE, STUPID SHEEP!", the faster our rights are going to disappear.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#16]
1993-94 all over again.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:36:34 AM EDT
[#17]
I think now is time to think about the families. However, I know our enemies can't wait to use this crisis.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:36:37 AM EDT
[#18]
We all need to be screaming lowd and often to remove all gun free zones. These target rich enviorments need to end and end NOW
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Some cockholster already said this on FB

Michael Chapman Blood on the hands of the NRA and all the other a$$holes who insist on having guns.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#20]
its sad that shit like this is making me want to go buy a large ass case of AR and Glock mags
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:36:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Goodbye, guns.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah, I can't get my mind to think about this angle right now. I look at my young son as I think of the victims and their families and hope the one shooter died slowly.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#23]
snip
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Is there a way to turn this around and say that we should arm an unspecified number of teachers in the school and not release their names to the public have them go through some hoops but then the schools would not be sitting ducks for nuts weather they carry guns or gasoline?
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:38:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Teachers and principals should be able to be armed. They could put these monsters down before they do any or much damage.  

Gun free zones are fucking idiotic.

Liberals and gun free zones are to blame for this.

Poor kids. Makes me sick to my stomach. .
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The President already confirmed today that he will push for another AWB.

Becuase he is a fucking moron, there was no evil black rifle used. Two handguns were recovered.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:39:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Teachers and principals should be able to be armed. They could put these monsters down before they do any or much damage.  

Gun free zones are fucking idiotic.

Liberals and gun free zones are to blame for this.

Poor kids. Makes me sick to my stomach. .

+1 to everything you just said.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#29]
If it does turn out to be 20 dead with a AR15 involved like reported then there will be some sort of ban likely.

Worse than the 94 ban, how much worse who knows?
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#30]
On MS-NBC and CNN 75% of the talk is now centered on gun control of some flavor or another. They are screaming for the POTUS to get directly involved.

It's going to be a rough ride with this one folks.

I guess I'll be keeping a AK I was thinking of selling.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:41:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If it does turn out to be 20 dead with a AR15 involved like reported then there will be some sort of ban likely.

The fucking dickwad could of used a 22LR pump action, and the Kenyan in Chief would still push for an AWB.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:43:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fucking dickwad could of used 22LR pump action, and the Kenyan in Chief would still push for an AWB.

This.

Remind everyone who brings this up to you, that CT and NJ were AWB states. Didn't work.
Schools have long been gun free zones. Didn't work.

Can we not* make the nation go down the path of doesn't work?
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#33]
If this tragedy turns out as bad as everyone is thinking it is going to, we are done.

Nothing moves politicians to action like dead kids.

Assault Weapons Ban II will be inevitable, it will be permanent and it will do nothing to curb the insanity... more will happen, and more will be done to try and stem the madness, only to again be proven incapable...

We've become a nation of rabbits and madmen...
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:43:57 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

We all need to be screaming lowd and often to remove all gun free zones. These target rich enviorments need to end and end NOW

That wouldn't have really stopped today's massacre.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:44:28 AM EDT
[#35]
In 1989 in the city of Stockton, CA a man with an AK shot up an elementary school killing 5 kids and wounding 30 others.  That was the catalyst for California's current gun laws.  

So far there are 26 dead (18 kids) and who knows how many injured...yeah, there will be an enormous emotion driven response.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:44:34 AM EDT
[#36]
I taught in CT.  I'm still trying to find out if anyone I knew was there.
I'm not going to put callous comments out there.  This school is the spitting image of the kind of school I went to in CT and the kind of school I taught in.
With that said, I think that if there is an event that could spur gun control, this is that kind of event.  
I just gave my Mastercard a workout.  'nuff said.
EDIT:  Also, I would not put much faith in the second shooter reports.  They would have cuffed anyone wearing camo within a mile of that place.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:44:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Of course they'll use this opportunity to push for more violations of our rights...

I, personally, would support a system designed to ensure that those who have been determined to have mental problems are denied access to firearms.

Then what would be considered mental problems? Depression? ADHD? Anxiety disorders? All this could be wrapped up into legislation that would class mental problems as a disqualifying criteria for gun ownership. If there was a system designed to filter out the more severe forms of mental issues, then MAYBE, it would be alright.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:45:11 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

It doesn't do any good to give them guns if they can't or won't use them proficiently.

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:45:26 AM EDT
[#39]
yeah blame guns not this whole end of the world BS and this economy that has people losing everything.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:45:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If this tragedy turns out as bad as everyone is thinking it is going to, we are done.

Nothing moves politicians to action like dead kids.

Assault Weapons Ban II will be inevitable, it will be permanent and it will do nothing to curb the insanity... more will happen, and more will be done to try and stem the madness, only to again be proven incapable...

We've become a nation of rabbits and madmen...

It will only past if we don't stand up and speak out, Collectively the American gun owner is a very powerful political force

we can survive this but we really need to fight hard

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
A school is a "gun-free zone".  This didnt prevent this act of evil.  But this WILL BE used for a AWB ban.  And it will be a permanent one if its passed

They can't ban them, but putting them on the NFA list is a possibility.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:47:07 AM EDT
[#42]
megan kelly - "..a 9mm and a Glock"
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:47:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Why is it that whenever someone goes on a shooting spree the first reaction around here is to start worrying about what the government is going to do about our guns?

First, there are 18 dead kids. 11 days before Christmas and 18 kids got slaughtered by some fuck head just for being at school that day. This is a horrible tragedy.

Second, owning guns is a right, not a privilege. I am not going to surrender my rights.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's going to take me a while to think rationally on the subject.  My heart and mind are literally broken right now....
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:47:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then what would be considered mental problems? Depression? ADHD? Anxiety disorders? All this could be wrapped up into legislation that would class mental problems as a disqualifying criteria for gun ownership. If there was a system designed to filter out the more severe forms of mental issues, then MAYBE, it would be alright.

To be honest, I'd push for it only for those who had severe problems, and I'm only suggesting that we allow a big government involvement like that as a way to take the momentum out of even more draconian laws.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Why is it that whenever someone goes on a shooting spree the first reaction around here is to start worrying about what the government is going to do about our guns?

First, there are 18 dead kids. 11 days before Christmas and 18 kids got slaughtered by some fuck head just for being at school that day. This is a horrible tragedy.

Second, owning guns is a right, not a privilege. I am not going to surrender my rights.

Yeap well said

Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Obama wants a gun ban. He gets what he wants. He's gotten what he wanted. Make no mistake, it's coming

You think they are going to let a good 20 kids dead horrific event go to waste?
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Unfortunately no good can come from this, and the left will just use it to push their polices, even though those policies would never stop another tragedy like this from happening again.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:48:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This is the moment the left and brady bunch have been waiting for.

This is going to be painful and permanent.

This time I'm affraid so!  Especially with his "Mandate Election" as he thinks was the case, he will go all out....watch and see  
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That wouldn't have really stopped today's massacre.  

It could have.  Shooting started in the front office(from whats being reported now).  You have one staff member with a gun, it couldve stopped there.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top