[#2]
Like both, but gotta give it to Eddie.

Link Posted: 12/2/2012 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Rhoads way better than Van Halen.
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Of the 2 I gotta go with Rhoads during the 80's. Eddie got better and evolved so who knows what it would be like if Rhoads did not die. Yngwei Malmstein better than both

Please be joking! You are joking, right?
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 7:14:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I like Randy's music more.  But the two are different, neither is better.
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Yngwei Malmstein better than both

Hands down.

but he lacks soul.

He is from Europe, what do you expect
BTW Adrian and Dave from Maiden were the shit as well UP THE IRONS!
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 8:29:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of the 2 I gotta go with Rhoads during the 80's. Eddie got better and evolved so who knows what it would be like if Rhoads did not die. Yngwei Malmstein better than both

Please be joking! You are joking, right?

Not at all

Not a big fan of so many effects but Buckethead is a beast and a natural progres from RR,EVH,and YM

Link Posted: 12/2/2012 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Eddie was a better keyboard player, that's for sure!
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 8:32:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Eddie, and I only say it because Randy was taken so fucking soon....

Link Posted: 12/4/2012 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry Guys about the lack of choice but the Poll was for me!!
these two were the most relevant to my growing up in the 80's

I can name a million great guitar players from that era:

George Lynch
                                                                                      Warren De Martini
                                                                                      Adrian Belew
                                                                                      Michael Shenker
                                                                                      Glenn Tipton
                                                                                      Carlos Cavazo
                                                                                      Steve Morse
                                                                                      Yngwie Malmsteen
                                                                                      Jason Becker
                                                                                      Marty Friedman
                                                                                      Paul Gilbert
                                                                                      Vitto Bratta
                                                                                      Pat Travers
                                                                                      Allan Holdsworth

and on and on

Jimmy Page was a god as were a million others but as far as 80's rock/metal it was Eddie and Randy for me! I think Randy would of gone on to do great things if he would of lived... Eddie F'd himself with drugs and booze as he could of gone on to do more amazing things if he would of chosen to.

Of course towards the end.. Nirvana came out did some amazing things that killed hair metal then killed himself and left us with rap

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top