BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1010
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Holy crap!  gone for a month and I fall 70 pages behind!

View Quote
Take a break? I have been playing minimally lately.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#2]
This 50 100 is killing me. I'm 1-8 so far in it. When I do badly...shit teams and we get raped. When I do good, I get even shittier teams and we get raped. My only win was an accident.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:12:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Decided to run this a bit tonight.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:26:11 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote
I watched that and it said the late version (like the Fury) had the same gun as the Hellcat. It does not seem to do

as well on the Fury as the Hellcat though.  WOT strikes again I suppose.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, took a break to play Archeage.  Lots of that game is a whole lot of fun, but the community is ridiculously poisonous.  Also, I purchased a single 30 day patron subscription, which the game company registered as an ongoing subscription.  

So, there's my Paypal account screwed, as they banged my "Paypal only" account repeatedly for money that wasn't in it, since I hadn't made any purchases.  It's ridiculous that Paypal "credited" my account over a week ago, but continue to attempt collecting the money because "it's automatic and we can't control it"  Finally had to close the bank account.

Trionworlds, the company behind Archeage have yet to respond in any meaningful manner after 2 weeks.  Suffice to say, my Archeage days are over.

The only WoT I've done in the last month has been to download the patches and take advantage of the recent camo sale to get the last of my tanks camoed up.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yeah, took a break to play Archeage.  Lots of that game is a whole lot of fun, but the community is ridiculously poisonous.  Also, I purchased a single 30 day patron subscription, which the game company registered as an ongoing subscription.  

So, there's my Paypal account screwed, as they banged my "Paypal only" account repeatedly for money that wasn't in it, since I hadn't made any purchases.  It's ridiculous that Paypal "credited" my account over a week ago, but continue to attempt collecting the money because "it's automatic and we can't control it"  Finally had to close the bank account.

Trionworlds, the company behind Archeage have yet to respond in any meaningful manner after 2 weeks.  Suffice to say, my Archeage days are over.

The only WoT I've done in the last month has been to download the patches and take advantage of the recent camo sale to get the last of my tanks camoed up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what you get for abandoning WoT. MM fucks you even when you're not online.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:59:02 PM EDT
[#7]
You know what? I welcome the TD camo nerf. Fuck TDs.

When a TD can fire 3 rounds at you from less than 150 meters, and not be spotted, there's something broken with the camo system. Fuck a TD.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:07:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

When a TD can fire 3 rounds at you from less than 150 meters, and not be spotted, there's something broken with the camo system. Fuck a TD.
Pssst, it works for any tank that abuses the bushes.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:18:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ruinberg. No bushes.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:24:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ruinberg. No bushes.
Plenty of bushes on western side. Some even obscure in the courtyard looking north to south and vice versa. Got a replay? Just curious. I have been having legitimate issues with spotting mechanics this patch. Like an IS7 going ghost mode 100 meters away from me, in the open while he's going full tilt ..and then shoots me and only lights when I'm missing 400 hp

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 2:51:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ruinberg. No bushes.
Plenty of bushes on western side. Some even obscure in the courtyard looking north to south and vice versa. Got a replay? Just curious. I have been having legitimate issues with spotting mechanics this patch. Like an IS7 going ghost mode 100 meters away from me, in the open while he's going full tilt ..and then shoots me and only lights when I'm missing 400 hp  
I don't have a replay, but we were across the city center from each other, possibly less then 100 meters apart, but I'd say more likely less than 150 meters.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:19:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Well this seems....familiar....

Carry mode, engage...

Sitting on 92.3% for third barrel band.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:44:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Carry mode, engage...

http://i.imgur.com/2iGjumB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iJ4qTOF.jpg

View Quote
Well damn!  That's a hell of a carry.... looking at the rest of your dead tomato-mates, they appear to be fortunate someone on the team had a brain and decided to do something useful.

SU85Bs can be a real kick in the nuts, when they want to be.  Too bad the one on your team looks like he forgot to load ammo or something.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This 50 100 is killing me. I'm 1-8 so far in it. When I do badly...shit teams and we get raped. When I do good, I get even shittier teams and we get raped. My only win was an accident.
View Quote

This was posted by sirensong a couple of pages back:

I'm nearing the 50 100

both, but the 50 120 is worse, mainly due to the elevation limit. seriously--stay away from hills. this has been talked about before, but the best way to run the french autos is:

1. go to reasonably flat terrain with a group of tanks.

2. hide somewhere near the enemy (within 200M). literally hide, preferably off-line (so they have to turn their turrets to engage you).

3. do not take hits. don't try to keep your gun in the fight unless it's very safe to do so. best case is if they don't know that you are there, 2nd best is a greater threat that they have to focus on, like a couple of e100s (frautos do well in tier 10 battles for this reason).

4. pick your spots. you'll seldom get the opportunity for a glorious mag dump. more often, you'll get 2-3 rounds off, sometimes taking a hit in order to get more off. with a 50 100 against an IS3, for example, if you get the first shot in, you can trade 4 hits to his one--that's ~double the damage, which is a solid exchange. if you have a 90deg flank on an e75, you can also double him due to his longer reload cycle (14 sec). you wind up doing a lot of mental math, calculating reload times and figuring burst damage. always assume that at least one of your shots will bounce or miss, due to slow aim time vs. reload time. every one of their shots will pen you. tier 4 can pen you. falling bird shit will pen you, and probably kill a crewmember.

5. tac reloads. i prefer to have half a mag available at all times, in order to be able to burst. this works in the 50 120 due to shorter drum times, but the 50 100 takes almost a minute, and that's a long time out of the fight. so my rule was that if i got down to 2 of my 6, i would drive away to reload (remember, 1 shot always misses).

by far the most important thing is that if you're not getting multiple shots off, you're wasting your tank--you might as well be driving an ARL. these aren't DPM boxers--they're 'getting guns off the map' sucker punchers. any time you expose yourself, it should be to cripple or kill someone (or to create a breakthrough).

you probably know most of this already, but i figured i'd put it out there anyway.

I play mine back, as an ambush tank mostly.  See a weak or hurt tank, run up, kill him, and run away while I reload.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:10:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Carry mode, engage...

View Quote

Nice!  

But it's not a true carry until you have to ram/kill the remaining arty because you ran out of ammo killing the other 8 guys (I had one of those missions in my old T49/T67).  I also have two Fadin's medals in my old T49/T67 (last round of ammo used to kill the last remaining opfor).

That tank can be loads of fun!
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I did pretty good in the 50 100.  I had 120 games and a 58% win rate but never had "great" games, my max killed was 4 and I only made the 2nd class badge,  I did like playing it though.  Then I bought the 50 120 and everything went to shit.  I lasted 42 games in it before I sold it.  It just never clicked with me and facing the 9's and 10's on a regular basis was tougher when you have very minimal armor.  I finally decided to quit it when I realized I was never going to buy the 50B anyway, why suffer through it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Carry mode, engage...

View Quote
Slacker. Nice work. I already have my third star on the t67. If you want it you're pretty much gonna have to print mastery badges non stop till you do. I kinda cheated. I was pretty high up there when they did the reset. I played 1 game, got a good mastery out of it and bam, third mark.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:14:34 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Well damn!  That's a hell of a carry.... looking at the rest of your dead tomato-mates, they appear to be fortunate someone on the team had a brain and decided to do something useful.

SU85Bs can be a real kick in the nuts, when they want to be.  Too bad the one on your team looks like he forgot to load ammo or something.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Carry mode, engage...

Looks like he stared too long.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Fail. Anyway, what is this refer a friend get a tank once they hit tier ten, business?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Slacker. Nice work. I already have my third star on the t67.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

well, i was feeling all proud of myself that i made it up to 2 bands in the IS3 and E75, but now...

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:02:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

well, i was feeling all proud of myself that i made it up to 2 bands in the IS3 and E75, but now...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice work bro. I don't think I have two marks on anything else.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I did pretty good in the 50 100.  I had 120 games and a 58% win rate but never had "great" games, my max killed was 4 and I only made the 2nd class badge,  I did like playing it though.  Then I bought the 50 120 and everything went to shit.  I lasted 42 games in it before I sold it.  It just never clicked with me and facing the 9's and 10's on a regular basis was tougher when you have very minimal armor.  I finally decided to quit it when I realized I was never going to buy the 50B anyway, why suffer through it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm definitely gonna buy the 50b.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#23]
If any of you get an invite from Inquisitive Spaniard, that's my new account.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Story?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Goddamn rerolls.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote
Are you joining MEX

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:50:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is why I walked away *but left in my garage, crewed, equipped) the 13 90.  Right now ... it does not match my level of playstyle/interest.

Maybe later, when I get tired of running around like a mental patient in the T37 or grinding out for the 7/1 I might go back to it.

Those one-way-to-play tanks are difficult for me to enjoy.

TRG
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:56:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would you not buy the 50b?

It's a T57 that gets APCR, has a bit more speed and a bit less armor.

It's good.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:02:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Goddamn rerolls.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Goddamn rerolls.

No one suspects the Spanish Inquisition!

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:15:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Goddamn rerolls.

Put them on the busted ass ammo rack.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It's good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's good.

I don't want the 50b, hence I'm not going to buy the 50b

I have the T57 and I'm horrible in it, I don't have the finesse to play soft tanks
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Are you joining MEX

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you joining MEX

Mex is so last week. I'm thinking rota or caza

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Story?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Story?
No story

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you send me an invite the other day?  I recall declining an invite from somebody with something spanglish in their name.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you joining MEX

I misread that as you joining La Raza
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you joining MEX

I'm not brown enough in real life

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Which tier 4/5 is the most fun?

I need something to platoon with, preferably not british, chinese or japanese.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Which tier 4/5 is the most fun?

I need something to platoon with, preferably not british, chinese or japanese.
View Quote

BDR. The 90 is a hell of a gun.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I have the T57 and I'm horrible in it, I don't have the finesse to play soft tanks

View All Quotes
Quoted:

the AMX heavy line are not soft tanks.

they're cowardly tanks.

get it right.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
No story  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Story?
No story  

It's just that he wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's good.

Be "Ambush Guy!"

See that train of foolish heavies coming, "SURPRISE COCKFAGS!"

Chuckle evilly and run for cover while you reload.

Have you been practicing your evil chuckle?

Also since the 50b is pretty quick, be firefighter guy.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#42]
I feel a They Might Be Giants song coming on, turbo
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Clan,

Comcast ping, then speed, got worse and worse - yet they tell me that everything is fine on their end.  I'm just tired of the 'fight' between cost for basic internet and speed that I'm paying for (as of tonight YouTube videos default between 144p and 360 p, and can't really even download that regularly).  I'm done for a while.  Even this thread in ADV, which is not video based, initially came up as unavailable, but then I reloaded it to get it (at slightly faster than dial-up modem speeds).

Gonna cancel it all.  Since only two providers have the ability to screw all of south Florida, there simply is no option.  Strange that I should be going backward with this as Europeans get better and better internet access and speeds for the same or less money, but such is life in a state like this I guess.

I'm going to try to learn about using a cell phone as a 'hot spot' for the main computer when I have to either look up stuff or pay bills.  There is no sense in paying $66 a month to a cable company for what seems to be dial-up speeds.

Feel free to kick SpearFisher - my account - out of the clan if y'all need room for more players.  I cannot play now, and will not have access in the foreseeable future.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:07:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Clan,

Comcast ping, then speed, got worse and worse - yet they tell me that everything is fine on their end.  I'm just tired of the 'fight' between cost for basic internet and speed that I'm paying for (as of tonight YouTube videos default between 144p and 360 p, and can't really even download that regularly).  I'm done for a while.  Even this thread in ADV, which is not video based, initially came up as unavailable, but then I reloaded it to get it (at slightly faster than dial-up modem speeds).

Gonna cancel it all.  Since only two providers have the ability to screw all of south Florida, there simply is no option.  Strange that I should be going backward with this as Europeans get better and better internet access and speeds for the same or less money, but such is life in a state like this I guess.

I'm going to try to learn about using a cell phone as a 'hot spot' for the main computer when I have to either look up stuff or pay bills.  There is no sense in paying $66 a month to a cable company for what seems to be dial-up speeds.

Feel free to kick SpearFisher - my account - out of the clan if y'all need room for more players.  I cannot play now, and will not have access in the foreseeable future.
View Quote

We don't kick people for something like this. I hope you get it sorted out.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:27:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Hate it for ya fisher. Limes playing with you when I could. Hope you figure it out. Can you not get cable internet or is that what you already have?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:03:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Just got my first hour ban for a Team kill:

In my T25, Tier 6 game; brain surgeon platoon of the Japanese T6 Medium and two T2 Mediums.  Our KV2 takes offense, rams one of the T2's into my back bumper--I take 2 damge, and the T2 takes about 100 or so; he is still alive.  KV2 and Jap start talking smack, and the Jap shoots me and the KV 2.  I then take offense, shoot the JAp,  and the other T2 shoots at me...I return the favor, and one-shot him.  So I get banned...

TL/DR:  I get rammed, shot 2x, shoot back, and get banned.

Larry-make sure you tell Nick, I am sure I made him proud......
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:50:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Just got my first hour ban for a Team kill:

In my T25, Tier 6 game; brain surgeon platoon of the Japanese T6 Medium and two T2 Mediums.  Our KV2 takes offense, rams one of the T2's into my back bumper--I take 2 damge, and the T2 takes about 100 or so; he is still alive.  KV2 and Jap start talking smack, and the Jap shoots me and the KV 2.  I then take offense, shoot the JAp,  and the other T2 shoots at me...I return the favor, and one-shot him.  So I get banned...

TL/DR:  I get rammed, shot 2x, shoot back, and get banned.

Larry-make sure you tell Nick, I am sure I made him proud......
View Quote

What's a T2 going to do to you? Let him accidentally damage you three times, AKA an easy task, and he's the one with a timeout, not you.

Or do it however you want.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:02:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Well, I was completely unsure how the ban worked.   It seems like bullshit a guy can drag two tanks in 4-5 Tiers below, shoot two guys on his team, and pay no penalty....At least, I assume he paid none, since I got booted.  And I am sorry, but if you pop a cap at me....Also, I figured he could take ONE shot,,,,,   When you go a whole day, play less than 10 % of your games at Tier, 80% of your games are 37% to win or less.......SHIT GETS OLD.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:16:39 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Well, I was completely unsure how the ban worked.   It seems like bullshit a guy can drag two tanks in 4-5 Tiers below, shoot two guys on his team, and pay no penalty....At least, I assume he paid none, since I got booted.  And I am sorry, but if you pop a cap at me....Also, I figured he could take ONE shot,,,,,   When you go a whole day, play less than 10 % of your games at Tier, 80% of your games are 37% to win or less.......SHIT GETS OLD.
View Quote
I played a game last week with larry. We were in our t34's. Both of us and about 6 other guys got 0 damage for a win.

A three man kv2 platoon was on the other team. They started the match by each killing one tank. They took arty out first and some other tier6.  They then started shooting other tanks. One of them got two kills in before his lock. The IS team killed someone and another tank tk'd someone else on the team.

So 4 kills off the bat from the kv2 platton. One team kill from the IS and another TK from a pissed off red. Don't forget the deaths of 3 kv2's that turned blue. So, 9 guys die on the other team to their own hands. I was less than. Amused.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:29:39 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I played a game last week with larry. We were in our t34's. Both of us and about 6 other guys got 0 damage for a win.    

View Quote

A three man kv2 platoon was on the other team. They started the match by each killing one tank. They took arty out first and some other tier6.  They then started shooting other tanks. One of them got two kills in before his lock. The IS team killed someone and another tank tk'd someone else on the team.

So 4 kills off the bat from the kv2 platton. One team kill from the IS and another TK from a pissed off red. Don't forget the deaths of 3 kv2's that turned blue. So, 9 guys die on the other team to their own hands. I was less than. Amused.
you should have begged for a replay from the enemy players.... and sent it to Manic, and Jingles, and Quicky, etc...

Page / 1010
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top