Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1010
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm almost to the ARL.  What sucks so bad about the M4 45?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The M4 45 may be one of the most frustrating tanks I've ever played.

When you get to the ARL and understand it's shortcomings....they are magnified in the M4 45. Drink now.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a bigger 50t with no speed. At least you can be mobile in the 50t

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Turn
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:25:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

When you get to the ARL and understand it's shortcomings....they are magnified in the M4 45. Drink now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That goes without saying.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that noise.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure about what the other guys wanted, but I got through it in 83 games (not sure if, or how much, I free XP'd, but probably free-XP'd to get the biggest gun on it at some point), and came out of it with a 53% win ratio having played very few, if any, platooned games with it.

At the (much earlier) time that I played the Tiger tank I thought it was a turd, too.  They may have improved it since I played it, but even after selling it, re-buying it back to give it another chance based off of a friend's reviews (Accidental_God - who is normally a stellar player, but who I also just only now see has a horrific win ratio in the Tiger I - the fucking tank he convinced me was good enough to buy back and give a second chance to, lol   ) , and then re-selling it again ... I never thought much of the Tiger.  (The Tiger P, on the other hand, was good)

On VBAddict the T25 AT and the JagdPanther TD's are rated below the M4 45 for overall player win rates, and I don't think I ever thought the T25 AT was a comparatively bad tank/TD at the time, so the M4 45 hate may be unwarranted.  Use premium ammo, pen, and do your job with it.  Keep in mind that the current average WoT player (which probably isn't represented as much in the thread or the AR clans here) is a really bad player who overly and/or accidentally relies far too much on all-around armor to stay alive for any length of time.  

... even the T25/2 is rated below the M4 45 for overall game win rates.  I'm not about to ever claim the T25/2 was stellar, but it held its own, and the M4 45 is still statistically better than it.

The middle gun on the 50 100, which I don't recall as being bad, is the top gun on the M4 45.  If a player can't be effective with that, this game - and the French line - may not be the best choice for them.  The 50 100 has a comparatively tiny amount of armor vs. other tier 8's heavies.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm not sure about what the other guys wanted, but I got through it in 83 games (not sure if, or how much, I free XP'd, but probably free-XP'd to get the biggest gun on it at some point), and came out of it with a 53% win ratio having played very few, if any, platooned games with it.

At the (much earlier) time that I played the Tiger tank I thought it was a turd, too.  They may have improved it since I played it, but even after selling it, re-buying it back to give it another chance based off of friends' reviews, and then re-selling it again ... I never thought much of the Tiger.  (The Tiger P, on the other hand, was good)

On VBAddict the T25 AT and the JagdPanther TD's are rated below the M4 45 for overall player win rates, and I don't think I ever thought the T25 AT was a comparatively bad tank/TD at the time, so the M4 45 hate may be unwarranted.  Use premium ammo, pen, and do your job with it.  Keep in mind that the current average WoT player (which probably isn't represented as much in the thread or the AR clans here) is a really bad player who overly and/or accidentally relies far too much on all-around armor to stay alive for any length of time.  

... even the T25/2 is rated below the M4 45 for overall game win rates.  I'm not about to ever claim the T25/2 was stellar, but it held its own, and the M4 45 is still statistically better than it.

The middle gun on the 50 100, which I don't recall as being bad, is the top gun on the M4 45.  If a player can't be effective with that, this game - and the French line - may not be the best choice for them.  The 50 100 has a comparatively tiny amount of armor vs. other tier 8's heavies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At the (much earlier) time that I played the Tiger tank I thought it was a turd, too.  They may have improved it since I played it, but even after selling it, re-buying it back to give it another chance based off of friends' reviews, and then re-selling it again ... I never thought much of the Tiger.  (The Tiger P, on the other hand, was good)

I'm really only playing the French heavy line for the 50 100.  I smoke people in my Lor 40t.  I get along very well with Auto loaders.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:46:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I enjoyed the Tiger so much that I bought it...twice. The M4 45 seems like a weak medium in comparison, without the acceleration. At least the Tiger has HP. The Tiger has 1500, the M4 45 has 1200. The Tiger does more damage, more often, than the M4 45, and can bounce a round too.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'm really only playing the French heavy line for the 50 100.  I smoke people in my Lor 40t.  I get along very well with Auto loaders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The more I play the 40t, the more I rape. If the 50 100 is nearly as good as the 40t...pepper your angus!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:52:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The more I play the 40t, the more I rape. If the 50 100 is nearly as good as the 40t...pepper your angus!
View Quote

I find it exactly like the Lorraine, except that the initial speed the Lorraine can attain is better than the 50 100.  The 50 100 can respond across the map fast, but it doesn't seem to accelerate as well.  The reload is longer, so you have to find a safe and warm place for longer.

One other thing ... my bet is that the 50 100 has a better camo value than the Lorraine.  So if you're good with it, you'll be fine with the 50 100.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:55:36 PM EDT
[#11]
The T37 is friggin sweet!  Any tips on how to play it better?  Should I actually scout with it or just play it like the old T49?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:01:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1800 burst damage in 13.6 seconds?  Yes please.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:02:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The T37 is friggin sweet!  Any tips on how to play it better?  Should I actually scout with it or just play it like the old T49?
View Quote
Well, if my team mates are any indication of normal, your team will expect you to scout in impossible circumstances.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Both. Scout at the beginning and then snipe like you would in the old T49
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Speaking of T37's. just got my 1st Ace in mine. Love me some TOG

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks, I guess I'm doing ok with it.  I have it set up with optics, camo net and vert stab so I can passive/active scout.  Seems to be working ok so far.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well, if my team mates are any indication of normal, your team will expect you to scout in impossible circumstances.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, I contend that the current crop of players is so bad - the T37 is best held back to use as a damage dealer.  In the games I've run it in I've seen my scouting abilities ignored by too many, and can usually out-damage tier 7 heavy tanks with it.  If the players are that bad, then save it for the damage aspect.  Screw the scouting aspect - your teams aren't bright enough to use the information you've given them.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:15:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thanks, I guess I'm doing ok with it.  I have it set up with optics, camo net and vert stab so I can passive/active scout.  Seems to be working ok so far.  
View Quote

I have vents, v-stab and coated optics on mine.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:24:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I might drop the net and use vents.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:37:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly the same tank, one tier lower.

If you're tenderly loving all the mouth breathers in the Lorraine, the 50-100 and further the 50-120 and 50b are going to be easy peasy transitions and you're going to be some kind of steroid fueled monster in them, as they are played nearly identically. Interestingly enough, the gun you're using at tier 9 on the Lorraine is the same gun as on the 50-100, and the lesser gun on the 50-120, so when you get that tank, you're already a master with it, and the upgrade to the bigger one really changes things quite a lot as far as damage output is concerned. Also the 50-120 can occasionally bounce something, where anything that hits the 50-100 is going through.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Is there a AR15 clan one could join or is it full?

I am grinding through the M3 Lee right now, I want to get to the M4 Sherman. I have 5,000 for XP to go.

I have learned to use the M3 as a TD, stay back and support the bigger tanks as they move forward. This made the tank a little more tolerable to play.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:41:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Just picked up an Ace in my ELC AMX
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:42:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I am grinding through the M3 Lee right now, I want to get to the M4 Sherman. I have 5,000 for XP to go.

I have learned to use the M3 as a TD, stay back and support the bigger tanks as they move forward. This made the tank a little more tolerable to play.

View Quote

There are a few AR15 clans. There is AR-15, AR15 and AR_15. The first two are more casual, shits and giggles type clans. AR_15 is more competitive, doing Strongholds and the like.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:59:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

There are a few AR15 clans. There is AR-15, AR15 and AR_15. The first two are more casual, shits and giggles type clans. AR_15 is more competitive, doing Strongholds and the like.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct. AR_15 does Stongholds and Tournaments and seems to be in general a bit more active.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:16:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Here are the replays from my T37 and ELC ace battles.
T37
ELC ace
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:12:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 50 100 is very good... lots of mobility and manueverability.  

If you play it like a Lorraine (i.e. BE A SNEAKY BASTARD), you can do pretty well with it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:32:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 3:13:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

T37

ELC ace
View Quote
The quality of player has dropped significantly for the ELC if that was an ace badge.

Nice work in the 37 though!

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 3:31:22 AM EDT
[#29]

Nice work man.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 4:03:42 AM EDT
[#30]
where has the t54e1 been all my life?

can't buy a win in the damn thing, but that gun makes me all warm and fuzzy.  how best to play this?

on a different note, was above 84% for the second mark of excellence in the IS3 twice tonight.  both times, had an awful round.  

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 4:52:14 AM EDT
[#31]
So we see this guy in the Tiger I on OPFOR tonight.  I'm . . . I'm at a loss.  How do you have that kind of WN8 after that many battles?

E-95
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:01:51 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

If you're tenderly loving all the mouth breathers in the Lorraine, the 50-100 and further the 50-120 and 50b are going to be easy peasy transitions and you're going to be some kind of steroid fueled monster in them, as they are played nearly identically. Interestingly enough, the gun you're using at tier 9 on the Lorraine is the same gun as on the 50-100, and the lesser gun on the 50-120, so when you get that tank, you're already a master with it, and the upgrade to the bigger one really changes things quite a lot as far as damage output is concerned. Also the 50-120 can occasionally bounce something, where anything that hits the 50-100 is going through.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Spoke too soon last night. Typed that reply about the 40t and promptly got my ass handed to me three times in a row. That'll teach me.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:20:31 AM EDT
[#33]

I love this Jackson!

Victory!

Battle: Cliff

Vehicle: M36 Jackson

Experience received: 1,326

Credits received: 30,342

Battle achievements: Top Gun, High Caliber, Radley-Walters's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Mission completed! Reward:

Added: Small Repair Kit (x4), Automatic Fire Extinguisher (x2), Large Repair Kit (x2), Large First Aid Kit (x2)

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:43:14 AM EDT
[#34]

Defeat

Battle: Widepark

Vehicle: M4 Sherman

Experience received: 935

Credits received: 20,796

Battle achievements: High Caliber, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

Mission completed! Reward:
Added: Case of Cola (x5), Small Repair Kit (x2)

But would of been nice if the the rest of the noobs had done some killing...

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Thank you Zoomies for restoring fun to the game for me for the few matches we got in the 304's
View Quote

I had a good time too, and I'm glad I could make your day suck a little less.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:32:15 AM EDT
[#36]

Nice match!

Good thing you were there to carry your scrub platoon mates.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:55:00 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

So we see this guy in the Tiger I on OPFOR tonight.  I'm . . . I'm at a loss.  How do you have that kind of WN8 after that many battles?

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/4118/g6Lhxj.jpg

E-95
View Quote
Says the try hard dead guy. Stats are luck anyway. Why won't you just let me play my tank the way I want to; stat whore.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:39:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Nice match!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nice match!

No shit. Good game.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:43:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The quality of player has dropped significantly for the ELC if that was an ace badge.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
T37
ELC ace

I was shocked that was an ace. I want to work for an ace, not have one handed out like these NORK medals.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Here is an Ace in the OBJ 140, I was surprised when I saw it
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Here is an Ace in the OBJ 140, I was surprised when I saw ithttp://i60.tinypic.com/ta0rc0.jpg
View Quote

Holy assist damage! Nice job!
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LMAO

I remember Coastie being mad at me cause I wouldnt brawl in mine.

Best advice I can give you is something I read on the forums somewhere

its a SNIPING HEAVY

If you get into a brawl against a same or lesser tier "true" heavy and he has a clue, you are DEAD

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:29:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Can't fucking carry hard enough... No big deal, just a 15k WN8. Of course it was MY fault we lost...
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b499/Saxplayer1911/shot_204_zps8e80b79d.jpg
Our sub 310 WN8 IS8 was trying to tell me how to play my tank... See how well him and our other 9's did?
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b499/Saxplayer1911/shot_206_zps4ecd65cb.jpg
View Quote

A bunch of scrubs in HTs will cost you a lot of wins.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:42:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't fucking carry hard enough... No big deal, just a 15k WN8. Of course it was MY fault we lost...
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b499/Saxplayer1911/shot_204_zps8e80b79d.jpg
Our sub 310 WN8 IS8 was trying to tell me how to play my tank... See how well him and our other 9's did?
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b499/Saxplayer1911/shot_206_zps4ecd65cb.jpg

Don't I know it. Fucker tried to tell me how to play my tank while he can barely figure out the concept of breathe in, breathe out. I sent him a PM after the battle with "Did your parents have any children that lived?"
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:43:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

At the (much earlier) time that I played the Tiger tank I thought it was a turd, too.  They may have improved it since I played it, but even after selling it, re-buying it back to give it another chance based off of a friend's reviews (Accidental_God - who is normally a stellar player, but who I also just only now see has a horrific win ratio in the Tiger I - the fucking tank he convinced me was good enough to buy back and give a second chance to, lol   ) , and then re-selling it again ... I never thought much of the Tiger.  (The Tiger P, on the other hand, was good)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never thought the french tanks were that horrible but I researched them online and found out brawling isnt their thing.  ARL I have a 57% win rate. M4 45 I have a 53% in, they are normal french tanks that you have to play to their strengths and not be of the mindset "Im Top Teir heavy I must BRAWL"  if you play it that way you will HATE LIFE.

As far as the American TD lines well IMO the T25AT is the FREAKIN BOMB, 401 games and a 60% win rate with 7 to 61%
the T25/2 everyone hates because they play it like a Hellcat. ITS NOT  265 games and a 54%  6 games to a 55%  Stellar ? NO Good TD, absolutely

maybe there is a corrilation to my playstyle and the win rates on those tanks since apparently most dont like any of them..
I think the HATE on the french heavies is because when people see Heavy they think "brawler" and play as such... french tanks are NOT play them second line support (let them shoot others and pop out to bang them ) or use them as 2-3 line snipers, yea youll get bitched at but youll help more and win more and do better in the tank.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be a better bet/usage.  Vstab, vents, binocs on mine as I tend to spot early and flank/kill mid and late game.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/4118/g6Lhxj.jpg

E-95
View Quote

He suicides/bots every single game played.  Honestly, he's landing like one penetrating shot every 4-5 games with a WN8 like that....
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:48:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Here is an Ace in the OBJ 140, I was surprised when I saw ithttp://i60.tinypic.com/ta0rc0.jpg
View Quote

I've never seen an ace where someone fired less than rounds....
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I play depending on the other team and the map

and conserve HP, I wont suiscout in it, people bitch at how I play it all the time .... I DONT CARE and every time I try to do something I know I shouldnt..... yea I get nailed

By the numbers I am 98 games in
1 win to 63%
Avg spotting 1.4
avg Assist 375
avg damage 903
AVG XP 822

I had a 1800 WN8 player in arty last night chewing nails he was so pissed at me.... we had a 38% chance to win and he and I were the ONLY hope for the team, I took off and went to a bush and realized, NO one is moving from base
our two TT heavies are camping base.... I went to an old TD sniper spot  SCREW EM
killed 4 and did 2k before I died

IM DONE doing what I am supposed to for potato teams that let me die

DONE

M41 is the problem child though
I like it WAY more but not nearly as good in it... at T10 you just are way past outgunned MOST of the time.
101 games, 50%
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See my post

Page / 1010
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top