Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1010
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#1]
CLOSED BETA TESTERS WANTED FOR WOT:B

Hi all

We are looking for closed beta testers with tablet and smart phone users with ANDROID products only. If you do not have an Android system please do not send your name as a potential tester.

This will be a closed beta for World of Tanks: Blitz which is currently on Apple based products.

You will have to sign an NDA

This is a beta product so expect bugs, wipes and re-starts as WG deems appropriate to fix issues as they occur. If you have a low tolerance for such things and it causes you to lose your mind a closed beta may not be for you

Note: I am unsure if under 18 can be included. If you are under 18 send the information if you wish but there is a chance you may be rejected.

If interested please PM me:
Your name (first and last)
The type of android device(s) you own

I will compile the list and send them on.

There is NO guarantee that everyone or anyone will be picked. I do not know the parameters of testing.

Also I myself am not in charge nor have anything to do with the closed Beta other then receiving an email that we are looking for external beta testers. So I cannot answer questions on this.

I just figured I would give people the opportunity.

ALL NAMES MUST BE IN BY FRIDAY, OCTOBER 3 BY COB 4 PM CENTRAL TIME. I must compile and send in that night - anyone after that time will not be added to the list. Sorry but I have a tight time table to get these in.

Laters
Birdie_Sparrow
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the rally tourney going to be a weekend thing or 10 consecutive days?  I'd like to participate, but there's no way I can marathon, even 20 minutes a day.  My days can't be arranged quite that neatly.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe I need to toon up with somebody for this rally thing.  I'm averaging 750+ damage per match, I've survived all but 2, and more often than not, I've got at least 1 kill, and several times, I've had 2, and yet I'm still below 50% wr and my capture points are abysmal.
View Quote

1st
its not about damage ....thats a bonus but only when tooned up otherwise it counts for NOTHING
Its all about Driving to cap and being 1st
Also cap points come front being in cap and capping, Like I said its ALL about getting to cap 1st  

If you let a guy get 20 seconds in front of your team .... you lost. I dont care how much damage you did or if you killed the other two.

Second make sure you are resetting every enemy tank on cap or they cap you out in short order

honestly we dont "TRY" to kill other tanks, if it happens great but if we can get two tanks 10 seconds ahead .....
as Specter says........

gubye, see ya later.  

Also if you are tooned up then the 750 damage is a great bonus cause its X3 basically  thats what I try for now that I have finished the mission... but getting there its wins and not dying.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#4]
looks like 1Hr 10 min on
Friday and Sat
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:40:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
1st

its not about damage ....thats a bonus but only when tooned up otherwise it counts for NOTHING

Also cap points come front being in cap and capping, Like I said its ALL about getting to cap 1st  

If you let a guy get 20 seconds in front of your team .... you lost. I dont care how much damage you did or if you killed the other two.

Second make sure you are resetting every enemy tank on cap or they cap you out in short order

honestly we dont "TRY" to kill other tanks, if it happens great but if we can get two tanks 10 seconds ahead .....

as Specter says........

gubye, see ya later.  

Also if you are tooned up then the 750 damage is a great bonus cause its X3 basically  thats what I try for now that I have finished the mission... but getting there its wins and not dying.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe I need to toon up with somebody for this rally thing.  I'm averaging 750+ damage per match, I've survived all but 2, and more often than not, I've got at least 1 kill, and several times, I've had 2, and yet I'm still below 50% wr and my capture points are abysmal.

1st

as Specter says........

gubye, see ya later.  

I reset like a boss!  If the event was based on defense points, I'd have had it last night  I noted the damage I do because it's mostly a result of the brawl that inevitably happens in the cap.  My best match last night, I rammed 2 of the enemy to death in the cap.  

You're saying that I should be getting behind that hill and hiding?

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:30:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
OH HELL NO THATS A DOUBLE

HELL YEA

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/tournaments/943-Rally_Rush___Day_1/

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/tournaments/946-Rally_Rush___Day_2/

HELL YEA
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

OH HELL YEA

OH HELL NO THATS A DOUBLE

HELL YEA

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/tournaments/946-Rally_Rush___Day_2/

HELL YEA
Can someone not from Arkansas hot link that?

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:09:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/theredgoat2/signature.png

I am just rocking the Comet.  

Now, I am nervous that I am having so much fun in the Comet that the Centurion 1 is going to be a let down.

Tier 8 with the same Tier 7 gun...

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/lancecriminal86/signature.png

Snuck a few in last night, slowly farming that WN8, should break 1600 soon!!!!!!!111^34

Yeah, I'm about to hit 1500. Dang another 100 to go till I'm solid blue.

Now, I am nervous that I am having so much fun in the Comet that the Centurion 1 is going to be a let down.

TRG

The Cent 7/1 is absolute horrible tank untill u get the last gun.

My god my win rate in that tank is around 30% with 200+ battles and that is after the 1st 150 games grinding to get the last gun with only a 20% win rate.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I got my Type 62.  If I try this shit again, I have been assured that a divorce will come with the next tank.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#9]
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Going to have to be Real Careful when i get close to the Ending of this months Destruction fun.

And be on the Right Tank that Needs the Exp Which means Tiger 1 or KV3 both 2 or 3 skilled crews.

Total Destruction

Complete Destruction III 25 times.

Once per account
Garage Slots ( 2 )

10,000 Crew XP
(on the vehicle that completes the mission)
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I got my Type 62.  If I try this shit again, I have been assured that a divorce will come with the next tank.

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/user/Jerrschmitt/media/WOT/Neopo8/Milestones/shot_001_zps5167f08e.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d200/Jerrschmitt/WOT/Neopo8/Milestones/shot_001_zps5167f08e.jpg</a>
View Quote

I might be willing for the type 59, but never again for any other.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Got my E-25 when it was on sale with a $25 gift card and had some left over-fun to run and 30-40K matches are pretty common with premium.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

18,0007 silver on premium.

12,005 on standard account.

It will help solve your funding issue

TRG
You must miss our 140K+ Tier 8 premium tank wins we post every now and then.... Type 59, Lowe, JagdPzII, T34, FCM 50t (to a lesser extent), are all capable of mid-100K matches.  Typical moderate matches yield 40K progfit

KV-5 is a good money maker as well.

Got my E-25 when it was on sale with a $25 gift card and had some left over-fun to run and 30-40K matches are pretty common with premium.

Eh.  I can do that in my Panther 2 or Leopard PTA if I don't shoot gold.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/user/Jerrschmitt/media/WOT/Neopo8/Milestones/shot_001_zps5167f08e.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d200/Jerrschmitt/WOT/Neopo8/Milestones/shot_001_zps5167f08e.jpg</a>
View Quote

I'll buy the fucker when they do a special offer at some point in the near future....
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#13]
The great thing about the Damage Missions is i will at least be getting 15 kills a day. i try to get more now i am going for kill stealing i hate doing it but it happens. 5 of us fire at a tank and well some times you get lucky and get the last shot in.

Think it was Larry or Leisure that explained it that 1 kill helps a lot With WN8 per game.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:27:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'll buy the fucker when they do a special offer at some point in the near future....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not gonna happen.

Has been over 2 years since last for sale and STORM said like the Type 59, the Type 62 will never be sold again.

I have to admit, it's very OP for a PREMIUM.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The great thing about the Damage Missions is i will at least be getting 15 kills a day. i try to get more now i am going for kill stealing i hate doing it but it happens. 5 of us fire at a tank and well some times you get lucky and get the last shot in.

Think it was Larry or Leisure that explained it that 1 kill helps a lot With WN8 per game.

View Quote

Approximately 200 points per kill.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:01:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought that was only for the first kill?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#18]
1 KILL

Damage Assisted 209  Own 1175 Total 1384

Defeat.

Hidden Village

Wolverine

Total: 21 838       WN8: 2 693

NO KILLS

Damage Assisted 393  Own 702 Total 1095

Victory!

Erlenberg

Wolverine

Total: 20 673       WN8: 1 439

A Difference of Almost 1100 WN8 Between 1 kill and difference in Damage was only  289 between the 2 games,
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:30:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
1 KILL

Damage Assisted 209  Own 1175 Total 1384

Defeat.

Hidden Village

Wolverine

Total: 21 838       WN8: 2 693

NO KILLS

Damage Assisted 393  Own 702 Total 1095

Victory!

Erlenberg

Wolverine

Total: 20 673       WN8: 1 439

A Difference of Almost 1100 WN8 Between 1 kill and difference in Damage was only  289 between the 2 games,
View Quote

It is a difference of 473 in actual damage output and 184 is assisted. They are each calculated differently. There are also a variety of factors that you are not taking into account. Such as damage to what tiers in respect to your own, what tier was the kill in relation to yours, what class of tank did you kill, etc. etc.

Here is a discussion of WN8:

WN8

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:09:29 PM EDT
[#20]
American armor is best armor

Dat damage blocked by armor

There was this poor Comet on their team who fired 14 of the 20 rounds at me. Nothing, not AP, HE or APCR did a single point of damage to me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:16:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

WN8

View Quote

Thanks Huskers i am actually trying to listen to you guys i want my WN8 to go up so that link will help alot.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:24:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Thanks Huskers i am actually trying to listen to you guys i want my WN8 to go up so that link will help alot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WN8

The best advice that I received about WN8 is to stay alive and do damage.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:48:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Hi all

We are looking for closed beta testers with tablet and smart phone users with ANDROID products only. If you do not have an Android system please do not send your name as a potential tester.

This will be a closed beta for World of Tanks: Blitz which is currently on Apple based products.

This is a beta product so expect bugs, wipes and re-starts as WG deems appropriate to fix issues as they occur. If you have a low tolerance for such things and it causes you to lose your mind a closed beta may not be for you

Note: I am unsure if under 18 can be included. If you are under 18 send the information if you wish but there is a chance you may be rejected.

There is NO guarantee that everyone or anyone will be picked. I do not know the parameters of testing.

Also I myself am not in charge nor have anything to do with the closed Beta other then receiving an email that we are looking for external beta testers. So I cannot answer questions on this.

ALL NAMES MUST BE IN BY FRIDAY, OCTOBER 3 BY COB 4 PM CENTRAL TIME. I must compile and send in that night - anyone after that time will not be added to the list. Sorry but I have a tight time table to get these in.

Laters
Birdie_Sparrow
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hi all

Laters
Birdie_Sparrow

Thursday, August 5, 2010 9:03 AM
Hello!

This is a notification letter to inform you that an application form for participating in World of Tanks closed beta test was filled in for this email. If this letter was sent to you by mistake or if you do not want to participate in World of tanks closed beta test, please reply to the letter pointing point either of the reasons.

Below is your invite code for participating in World of Tanks closed beta test:

XXXXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXX-XXXXXX

The invite code can be used only once. In you handle the invite code to a third party, you will not be able to pass registration in World of Tanks closed beta test or get another invite code.

To register in World of Tanks closed beta test, please follow the link below:

http://game.worldoftanks.com/registration/

If any problems regarding your registration occur, please contact our tech support at [email protected]

Sorry got nostalgic
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:51:56 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
1st

as Specter says........

gubye, see ya later.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

1st

as Specter says........

gubye, see ya later.  

Thanks, Larry.  Took your advice to heart. Now I race to cap and hide whenever possible. I'll have my thousand cap points within the next couple of wins.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:10:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WN8

This.

Now that doesn't mean sit your ass in the rear either, unless you're in one of those tanks that are meant to do that.

The longer you're alive the more damage you are going to do. Sure we all have that game where we beat out 2k damage in the first minute of the round at tier 7 and die but get good WN8.

Now if you hadn't died early, you could have done even more, and the WN8 stat goes up exponentially. A 2k damage game with two kills in a T20 is 3k WN8, bump that up to 3k with two kills and that is a 7k WN8 game.

My problem is that I do A LOT of damage, but don't get a shitpile of kills. People tend to vulture them for me. I suppose I could start holding my shots, but then nobody would fire, and I'd get more losses and less damage.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:18:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Just had an interesting rally match.  Second curve, the physics engine grabbed one of the tanks on my team and spun it around a couple of times.  First corrogated bridge, it happened to me, with the added benefit that it glued me to the bridge, at which point the LAST member of my team crashed into me.  Needless to say, we did not win.

I guess WG decided that MM wasn't doing it's poke-a- pooper job well enough.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:21:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just had an interesting rally match.  Second curve, the physics engine grabbed one of the tanks on my team and spun it around a couple of times.  First corrogated bridge, it happened to me, with the added benefit that it glued me to the bridge, at which point the LAST member of my team crashed into me.  Needless to say, we did not win.

I guess WG decided that MM wasn't doing it's poke-a- pooper job well enough.

View Quote

I've done a few 360's off some of the dirt piles.. well WoT made me, I was just going straight. Never experienced a glitch like that though.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:22:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Thanks, Larry.  Took your advice to heart. Now I race to cap and hide whenever possible. I'll have my thousand cap points within the next couple of wins.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1st

as Specter says........

gubye, see ya later.  

I've been abusing the shit out of people who try that. Tooning up we usually have one tank to 700 by the first turn and dead well before cap. We make sure one tank get's thru to reset and kill the rest. running about a 95% win rate killing everyone
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:21:36 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WN8

That right there. I used to have less than 25% survival rate. I think It's up to 37% these days. The more you stay alive, well... you know.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:25:40 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I've been abusing the shit out of people who try that. Tooning up we usually have one tank to 700 by the first turn and dead well before cap. We make sure one tank get's thru to reset and kill the rest. running about a 95% win rate killing everyone
View Quote

You've been playing against better guys than me, then.  I do the Coastie dance and they get so mesmerized looking at my ass wiggle that I'm usually still over 800 when I hit cap.  Running 60% WR despite MM giving me a series of sub 25% chance to win games.  Also, I'm running exclusively solo pubbie.

Anyway, in spite of the physics tornadoes flinging my fucking tank around like the spinners on a Chicano's Impala, I finished the damned thing.  Commander retrained (with silver) now has 6th sense and 47% recon.  Rest of the crew is on 97% of their first skill (yeah, I know, Larry, child's play.  Consider the raspberry delivered! 2 skills is good for a scrub like me)

So, now I have an extra garage bay, a million-three in the bank, and a decently trained crew for one of the new American lights (by way of the regular Chaffee, I suspect)

Oh, and I've got a premium day I'll probably be too tired to take advantage of

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet I ran a 95% win rate doing it the cap way.

Yes, sometimes I take a lot of damage, and there were a very few times I was too beat up by concentrated fire, but without platooning and comms - usually the neemy team spreads its shots out.

Through my 50 wins and the few losses I had I normally was always the first on the cap circle - usually by a large margin since most can't drive well.

It took me about 3 games to get it figured out, but I had my 1000 cap points by my 22nd win:

And here's one win where both Smudge (a good player) and I both somehow missed all our shots at the beginning ... so I contend that damage is not key to winning most games when not in a platoon vs. platoon game.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:42:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yes, sometimes I take a lot of damage, and there were a very few times I was too beat up by concentrated fire, but without platooning and comms - usually the neemy team spreads its shots out.

Through my 50 wins and the few losses I had I normally was always the first on the cap circle - usually by a large margin since most can't drive well.

It took me about 3 games to get it figured out, but I had my 1000 cap points by my 22nd win:

http://i.imgur.com/YG1GYWD.jpg

And here's one win where both Smudge (a good player) and I both somehow missed all our shots at the beginning ... so I contend that damage is not key to winning most games when not in a platoon vs. platoon game.

http://i.imgur.com/1qVGz93.jpg?1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/YG1GYWD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1qVGz93.jpg?1

I've been playing this game mode solo and just rushing to the cap and fighting it out there.  Usually I'll just take pot shots throughout the race itself and slow down near the end so I can shoot people in the ass but solo is all about capping it out, damage doesn't mean anything.

I had a funny match against a good player though, I hung back and we were side scraping against train cars trying to kill each other while the other guys raced ahead.  It was hilarious.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:56:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Here, I just ran one to show what I'm talking about... this wasn't my best time ever, but it went OK for a run.  I hit the cap circle at the 4:23 mark in the game this time.  I'm positive I've done it faster in the past.

Most guys - even the re-roll accounts - can't even keep up.  By the 2nd major jump I usually stop receiving damage.  Any bobble on their part means they're that much farther back... they can decimate my teammates for all I care, but I will secure the win.

An entire team can enter the cap circle, but if they show up late enough I already have it.  If they rush at me too fast to get aim on me, I'll bait them, then maneuver, and they usually fly past me and out of the cap circle while I find some low terrain or an obstacle to block their next try.  If a racer is making it to the cap circle 20 seconds after that, they generally don't know what the fuck they're doing, and should go back to driving KV-4's.

Battle duration in the end-report states 3 minutes, 7 seconds.  This could have been even faster had I someone else on the circle with me.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:08:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Had a great time running with Joe and Zoomies last night. They also saw a side of me that doesn't come out too often. I already know I'm an asshole, but we had one match on North West where I was an asshole of the highest magnitude. When I spot half the enemy team and am taking some pretty serious incoming and the fuckers camping on the hill watch me die, yeah, I get a little pissed. No chat ban for me
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:12:01 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Then there are the tier 8's and lower I want to re-buy, the Tiger P I need to get, plus other lines I've sold or dropped for cash. I just don't feel like grinding that long honestly.
View Quote
Tiger P is a great tank.  Still holds up well in it's tier. Not something you can say for a lot of the original/early heavies in the game.  I liked the Vk4502A.  But I played it 2 years ago.  It is a fast heavy, with a reasonably good turret and reasonable depression.... It's kind of like an FCM 50t.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:28:35 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d200/Jerrschmitt/WOT/Neopo8/Milestones/shot_001_zps5167f08e.jpg
View Quote
So, you'll have a new tank, and more time t play it?

Sounds like a win!
ETA: as Larry can attest, you and I are in the same boat wit WoTs.  Does she call it "That fucking tank game!", too?

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:32:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Had a great time running with Joe and Zoomies last night. They also saw a side of me that doesn't come out too often. I already know I'm an asshole, but we had one match on North West where I was an asshole of the highest magnitude. When I spot half the enemy team and am taking some pretty serious incoming and the fuckers camping on the hill watch me die, yeah, I get a little pissed. No chat ban for me
View Quote

....yet.

Yeah, I think that's the worst I've ever seen you.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

My god my win rate in that tank is around 30% with 200+ battles and that is after the 1st 150 games grinding to get the last gun with only a 20% win rate.

http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/Bear_Killer/signature.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snuck a few in last night, slowly farming that WN8, should break 1600 soon!!!!!!!111^34

TRG

That's simply untrue. If you felt it was horrible, I have to say you were playing it wrong. Stock it is basically the Cent 1 with more HP, which was perfect for me. Don't disparige my WN8 printing fave tank bro...
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#39]
On patch  9.4, confirmed on FTR a while ago, El Halluf will have a night game mode. Tanks will have a low glow of their team color so they can be identified but view ranges will be cut in half. Spread the word.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#40]
This 'penalty system' would be fine if the client would quit locking up on me and forcing me to get stuck loading in to a match and then being penalized for my inactivity in battle.

TRG
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That's simply untrue. If you felt it was horrible, I have to say you were playing it wrong. Stock it is basically the Cent 1 with more HP, which was perfect for me. Don't disparige my WN8 printing fave tank bro...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

This. It's got a turret a T29 is envious of and the depression most of the Chinese tanks get wet for...
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Centurion 1, stock ... not bad.

I expected it to be painful and left my 'good crew' in the Comet.

That was a waste. Centurion 1 ... decent.

TRG
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Finally got my T30 unlocked. One grind down, many more to go. 38k from unlocking the Cent 1, 54k from the 13 90 and  35k from the IS3. I figure I'll finish grinding out the IS3 before the Cent 1 or 13 90.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:39:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Finally got my T30 unlocked. One grind down, many more to go. 38k from unlocking the Cent 1, 54k from the 13 90 and  35k from the IS3. I figure I'll finish grinding out the IS3 before the Cent 1 or 13 90.
View Quote

10k from the STA for me. Think I might finish that up this week and hit the comet/IS next.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I liked the KV-1S when it was OP in its tier with the shuttered gun.  I kept going up that line to get the IS-3 which every one says is the best tier 8.  I do have one of my best win rates in the IS-3, but, I have never felt the love for it.  Everyone just seems to pen my front like it's made from glass.  It's too slow to be anything other than a brawler.  You won't be darting in behind a flank and raking engines with shells.

I never seem to be in a map where I can hide its glass nose and not have some Tier X pen my turret as well.

I liked the French lights, including the 13 90, until it jumped tiers (8.2 ?  When the ELC came out?).   It takes soooo long to load, and with the TD buffs, it can be killed from across the map.  It has its moments of glory, when you streak in late in the game and kill a heavy, then arty, but ... I don't want to sit around in a bush for 8-10 minutes waiting ...and hoping...for some action at the end of a match.  The gun is so poor that sniping is not viable, and shooting on the move is a complete waste of time.

I've unlocked the Lorraine 40t, but ... supposedly it is only pleasurable if you like the 13 90 playstyle.

So far, the Brit mediums seem to the be the ones that match my level of play and style.  I am accurate enough to snipe, quick enough to get in and cause mayhem, and I can shoot on the move and make hits.

I only pen for 140 DMG, so, sitting still and firing up close is not a good plan.  But, I can sling a shell every 3.6 seconds or so s I move by the furball and in to the backfield for mayhem...

TRG
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

Ah I dont think its Horrible its just MEH
I didnt like the little HIgh DPM gun at all but the big gun.... FIrst battle I got the big gun I think I did over 4K and got TG with Zoomie and Turbo
before the night was over I think I had a couple more and had done several 4K damage matches..

its not BAD its just extremely situational IMO
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Going to have to be Real Careful when i get close to the Ending of this months Destruction fun.

And be on the Right Tank that Needs the Exp Which means Tiger 1 or KV3 both 2 or 3 skilled crews.

Total Destruction

Once per account
Garage Slots ( 2 )

10,000 Crew XP
View Quote

Yup thought about that last night....

HOWEVER I like that its not per day you can complete it in one day if you want...

Thats cool.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:16:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I liked the KV-1S when it was OP in its tier with the shuttered gun.  I kept going up that line to get the IS-3 which every one says is the best tier 8.  I do have one of my best win rates in the IS-3, but, I have never felt the love for it.  Everyone just seems to pen my front like it's made from glass.  It's too slow to be anything other than a brawler.  You won't be darting in behind a flank and raking engines with shells.

I never seem to be in a map where I can hide its glass nose and not have some Tier X pen my turret as well.

I liked the French lights, including the 13 90, until it jumped tiers (8.2 ?  When the ELC came out?).   It takes soooo long to load, and with the TD buffs, it can be killed from across the map.  It has its moments of glory, when you streak in late in the game and kill a heavy, then arty, but ... I don't want to sit around in a bush for 8-10 minutes waiting ...and hoping...for some action at the end of a match.  The gun is so poor that sniping is not viable, and shooting on the move is a complete waste of time.

I've unlocked the Lorraine 40t, but ... supposedly it is only pleasurable if you like the 13 90 playstyle.

So far, the Brit mediums seem to the be the ones that match my level of play and style.  I am accurate enough to snipe, quick enough to get in and cause mayhem, and I can shoot on the move and make hits.

I only pen for 140 DMG, so, sitting still and firing up close is not a good plan.  But, I can sling a shell every 3.6 seconds or so s I move by the furball and in to the backfield for mayhem...

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

The 1390 is an incredible tank and really, not to be played like a tier 5 light tank it is a cleverly disguised medium tank. The gun is more than adequate and IMHO, the tank is fairly OP. Shooting on the move is most certainly not a waste of time. Snap shot and smooth ride. I would say I hit at least 80% of my shots on the move with that tank. Hell, half the shots you take in that thing are on the move.

The Lorr, which a lot of people like to hate on is another good tank especially if you want to play the french heavy line. Because if you do unlock the top gun on the Lorr40t you now have the top gun for the tier8 Heavy tank. Oh yeah, all the modules are unlocked for the 50-100 from it's predecesors now so you basically play a topped out tank from the outset.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:18:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

HOWEVER I like that its not per day you can complete it in one day if you want...

Thats cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Total Destruction

Once per account
Garage Slots ( 2 )

10,000 Crew XP

Thats cool.

Yeah, I like this mission. I'm going to be up to my eyeballs in consumables. I've already completed the x15 three times.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:26:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Wish I had discovered this game sooner, I have been playing for two days now and having a blast.

Currently driving a PZ38(t). Im pretty horrible but still having fun.

I really want to get a Pz IVH.
Page / 1010
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top