Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1010
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:59:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like I'll be taking another break from WoT. I am about to disconnect my AT&T internet and complete my move into town. Mediacom says that the earliest they can have a tech come by for my internet service is 3 WEEKS. Unless they find something else, I guess I'll see you guys in a few weeks.
View Quote

I wish I had a business that could charge what the cable and sat guys do, and then tell you... oh now we cant have a guy come by your house and reconnect the COAX thats up the pole or in the box for Several weeks and people would accept it.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
LARRY Ok i see what your talking about Nice that rally so far liking it 3 wins 1 loss i should be able to pull off most of the wins in the next 2 days.

1/3rd of the way to BIA for the crew already. and Dat tank can drift like a mofo lol
View Quote

Yea the BIA may be the way to go but I went with the instant gratification...

Mentor on the Commander.... he doesnt NEED any of the skills and at least this way I may be able to train the crew faster
Driver skills .... Smooth ride
Gunner skills ...... Snap  shot
Radio doesnt matter so I went view range just for the tank I will put it in next
Loader I went with camo ditto above

30 wins 80% on my crew doh

Running vents, rammer, Vstab

you can run preme stuff but it doesnt change much.... I ran Fuel and still didnt see a huge improvement .

its FUN though.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Also on the rally stuff you need to run in a platoon.

If you run in a platoon it really increases your winnings considerably when you do 750 damage which isnt that difficult .

OH and dont forget to check the crew training button
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Mentor on the Commander.... he doesnt NEED any of the skills and at least this way I may be able to train the crew faster
Radio doesnt matter so I went view range just for the tank I will put it in next

you can run preme stuff but it doesnt change much.... I ran Fuel and still didnt see a huge improvement .

its FUN though.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LARRY Ok i see what your talking about Nice that rally so far liking it 3 wins 1 loss i should be able to pull off most of the wins in the next 2 days.

1/3rd of the way to BIA for the crew already. and Dat tank can drift like a mofo lol

its FUN though.

will re adjust to your set up that looks like a better idea

And crew training is already set
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

At least u guys are improving in win rate... mine is going into the toliet.

http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/bear_killer/signature.png
View Quote
As is mine. I must have a sign on me that says:"kill first". I seem to

catch it from all angles at the same time. I also can't seem to hit a

building if I was in it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Holy shit is that Chaffee racing fun!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Aint it though

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:23:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Slowly but surely things are improving.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:23:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Aint it though

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aint it though

What are you running for gear? I'm thinking vert stab, rammer, vents. For consumables, probably the cheap gas, and that's about it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#10]
And now for something completely different. Anybody want a full scale working replica of a Tiger I? Leave it to the Russians to do it......

http://izismile.com/2012/02/14/handcrafted_tiger_i_tank_replica_69_pics_1_video.html
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What are you running for gear? I'm thinking vert stab, rammer, vents. For consumables, probably the cheap gas, and that's about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aint it though

Everything you named but the gas

Ran it and didnt really see a difference enough for the cost
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:49:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll be the first one to admit I suck at WOT, but this was a fun fluke with the Otsu. Ironically, it's the highest number of kills I've ever gotten - 8. Anyway, if you care to watch.http://wotreplays.com/site/1204916#report
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

And now for something completely different. Anybody want a full scale working replica of a Tiger I? Leave it to the Russians to do it......

http://izismile.com/2012/02/14/handcrafted_tiger_i_tank_replica_69_pics_1_video.html
View Quote
Neat

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:04:37 PM EDT
[#14]
So I took the plunge and got the Chinese 113... so far not impressed. I can see why you don't see many of them. It is a very difficult tank to play.

Victory!
Battle: Ruinberg
Vehicle: 113
Experience received: 1,552
Credits received: 64,927
Battle achievements: Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

3.5k dmg, 3 kills

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I see that there's a M24 Chaffee sport in the garage. Since the crew is fully trained, could I drop the less than 100% (commander is at 87% and the rest of the crew is at 96%) existing crew on the Chaffee I have now and put them in there without having to pay for retraining? I can free XP to the T37, can I, or should I retrain that crew for that?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:12:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

you can run preme stuff but it doesnt change much....

View Quote
switch to gold when you get in cap, and autoaim

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:15:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
If you're gonna build one, might as well do 5 at once.
For what we've spent on WoTs as a group, I bet we could have bought one of those as a group buy.
Another interesting tank video I ran across while looking at the Tiger.....

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:23:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Played 9.3 for the first time today, not really feeling it. Medium tanks the OP ones this patch I hear?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:30:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Tried to 'fix' and over-write the mod pack I had installed.  That's the problem with some of the mod packs out there... had to uninstall the entire client.

Now am waiting to choose much more carefully with the next mod pack.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:35:09 PM EDT
[#20]
M41 Walker Bulldog with the single shot top gun (because I like to be different)  

Yeah, this tank is fun as shit!    
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Woot, updated WN8.

Went up 26pts overnight.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:53:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Any AR15 guys want to do Strongholds??? Leisure, it shows you as the boss, is this something you would be interested in doing?  Never have and I would like to try it at least a few times...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:22:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Any AR15 guys want to do Strongholds??? Leisure, it shows you as the boss, is this something you would be interested in doing?  Never have and I would like to try it at least a few times...
View Quote

The underscore (AR_15) clan does.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:28:58 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
I can't most of this week, but I am interested in doing them going forward. Anyone else in AR15?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:05:33 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll take another mark of excellence
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:02:24 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I can't most of this week, but I am interested in doing them going forward. Anyone else in AR15?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:06:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Cannot seem to win the rallies.  Tried the auto aim thing, but it doesn't seem to work.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:48:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Tried to 'fix' and over-write the mod pack I had installed.  That's the problem with some of the mod packs out there... had to uninstall the entire client.

View Quote

Use Odem Mortis.  You click the box on the mods you want then hit install and it does all the dirty work for you.  So simple even Journeyman can handle it....(with help )
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:50:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Played 9.3 for the first time today, not really feeling it. Medium tanks the OP ones this patch I hear?
View Quote

Light tanks.  They added a few higher tier light tanks that have some pretty good features.  I haven't noticed a difference in game play between tiers 7-10 which is what I usually play.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:56:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Cannot seem to win the rallies.  Tried the auto aim thing, but it doesn't seem to work.  
View Quote

Ran a platoon for a couple hours doing the rally mode last night.  Pulled down 33,000 experience I can later use for some of the higher tier guns and things I need to research.  It takes a bit of practice to get the auto-aim to "lock on" on the first stretch before the turn, there are a lot of obstacles in the way.  Once your locked on just keep the trigger pressed the whole time and hope for the best .  We found that getting to the cap first usually resulted in a win for your team.  Jumping over to the opponents side of the track if they are a head of you and auto-aiming their ass as you run behind them worked as well.  Lastly if you wreck, get stuck or otherwise screw something up and get left behind you can stop at the top of the bridge and get shots on the cap.  You can't hit the whole cap but you can at least try to get a few rounds in to reset rather than be driving further down the course trying to reach the cap and out of the fight.  The cap clock goes really fast.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:24:45 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

I rost hard at What What Shoot the Enemey in the Butt!  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Last night was frustrating. I went 13/16 (great, right?) but in the majority of my matches I was low tier in a heavy and either trying to chase my teammates to club the baby seals, or trying to keep myself from being vaporized by a Tier X heavy/TD/Artillery.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:26:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Last night was frustrating. I went 13/16 (great, right?) but in the majority of my matches I was low tier in a heavy and either trying to chase my teammates to club the baby seals, or trying to keep myself from being vaporized by a Tier X heavy/TD/Artillery.  
View Quote

So in other words, a typical day on WoT  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:34:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Use Odem Mortis.  You click the box on the mods you want then hit install and it does all the dirty work for you.  So simple even Journeyman can handle it....(with help )
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Used OM, but XVM stats is still fuxored for me-shows win chance but not player WN8 ratings.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:37:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Used OM, but XVM stats is still fuxored for me-shows win chance but not player WN8 ratings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

XVM has been broke a few days now.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:49:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worked for me last night....
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:32:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you can run preme stuff but it doesnt change much....

Believe it or not I finished this thing last night and never ran a single round of gold.  I probably should have carried like 10 but I wanted to make the credits
ended up making over 300K plus the bonus at the end of 500K

Crew is 43 or 46% on the second skill
if you dont want the XP applied to the crew uncheck acc crew training before you finsh (I would rather have the crew trained)

as a Pubbie I tried to run either 1st or last.
Autoaim zoom out, concentrate on driving FIRST then when the reticle shows youll hit (certain parts of the map) SHOOT and SHOOT A LOT
sometimes I would jump to their side and shoot them all the way to cap
sometimes I wouldnt

In toons it all changes depending on the makeup of the opposite toon and what your guys wanna do.

for us most of the time it was RUN LIKE HELL to their cap and shoot as you could
as a general rule I would have between 350 and 600 if I stayed on my side and around a K if I jumped sides before we got to cap then at cap all hell breaks loose and I did as much ramming as shooting.
had two matches where we killed everyone on the way to cap (they all jumped on our side and thought they would just kill us on the way to cap..... Big mistake for them)
By the end it was more common for everyone to end up at cap in a brawl
had several against people that simply couldnt keep up driving wise where we just ran to cap and it was over.

Its not considered a premi tank so you cant switch crews from what I saw
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:33:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lites
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im from Missouri on that one
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Ran a platoon for a couple hours doing the rally mode last night.  Pulled down 33,000 experience I can later use for some of the higher tier guns and things I need to research.  It takes a bit of practice to get the auto-aim to "lock on" on the first stretch before the turn, there are a lot of obstacles in the way.  Once your locked on just keep the trigger pressed the whole time and hope for the best .  We found that getting to the cap first usually resulted in a win for your team.  Jumping over to the opponents side of the track if they are a head of you and auto-aiming their ass as you run behind them worked as well.  Lastly if you wreck, get stuck or otherwise screw something up and get left behind you can stop at the top of the bridge and get shots on the cap.  You can't hit the whole cap but you can at least try to get a few rounds in to reset rather than be driving further down the course trying to reach the cap and out of the fight.  The cap clock goes really fast.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK on the AUTOAIM

zoom OUT  put the big plus sign (yours may be different I run Jimbos) on the tgt you want to autolock and right click the mouse.... DONE
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:39:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#43]
My homage to arty.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:35:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My homage to arty.  

http://i.imgur.com/OfVLtTi.gif
View Quote

awesome!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#45]
You forgot the "Deal with it" part.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:43:52 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
Not bad, not bad at all.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:13:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You forgot the "Deal with it" part.
View Quote

True but I just wanted the glasses part.  Consider it an implied "Deal with it".  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:49:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
OK on the AUTOAIM

zoom OUT  put the big plus sign (yours may be different I run Jimbos) on the tgt you want to autolock and right click the mouse.... DONE

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK on the AUTOAIM

Yep, that's what I was doing.  Was pissing me off, I tell ya.  Enemy was hitting me like they were shooting lasers, and I was hitting 1 in 7, maybe, right clicking like mad with red outlines, but no auto aim lock at all.  I'll try again today.

What do you guys suppose is going to happen to these crews when the event is over?  The last couple were single crewed tanks, and when the event ended, their specialties switched to whichever tier 1 tank the appropriate country ran.  But the Cunningham has a crew of 2, so what happens to the rest of the guys?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Squeezed a few in, going to on-track the E3 if I can. T40 seems like it will be cake.

Page / 1010
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top