BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1010
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My old buddy Chim told me that I needed one of these Premium tanks, so I bought one.  Lost the first 6 games in it, but I was in the top three on my team in just about all of them.  Finally a win.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=63082

Victory!
Battle: Siegfried Line
Vehicle: Pz.Kpfw. B2 740 (f)
Experience received: 4,182 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 100,982
Battle achievements: Defender, High Caliber, Top Gun, Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Looks like I'm gonna like this one.

View Quote

Damn good game
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:03:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:07:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Is there a big difference in how it looks?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hello,

I just reinstalled the game after taking some time off.  Now my game crashes randomly.  I'll play 3 or 4 matches fine, and then boom the game closes, and it wont open until the match is over and my tank is back in the garage.  This thread exploded since the last time I read it, so I don't know if this has been addressed.  This is a clean install from today, I only have jimbos as an add on, any other things I should try?

I put my graphics on standard today because mine started crashing. No crashes so far.

Welcome back!

Yes.

I too went back to standard. Main reason is the new tanks don't seem to be apart of the environment after their update.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yes.

I too went back to standard. Main reason is the new tanks don't seem to be apart of the environment after their update.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hello,

I just reinstalled the game after taking some time off.  Now my game crashes randomly.  I'll play 3 or 4 matches fine, and then boom the game closes, and it wont open until the match is over and my tank is back in the garage.  This thread exploded since the last time I read it, so I don't know if this has been addressed.  This is a clean install from today, I only have jimbos as an add on, any other things I should try?

I put my graphics on standard today because mine started crashing. No crashes so far.

Welcome back!

Yes.

How do you go back to the old graphics settings?

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:32:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hello,

Welcome back!

Yes.

Settings > Graphics > Details. The select Standard.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#7]
12 heavies vs 1

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:44:46 PM EDT
[#8]
oh shit turrets fly off now!

fucking awesome

***edit***

thanks for the tip 2001, seems to be working fine now

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:52:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

fucking awesome

***edit***
View Quote

Yeah I've seen a few...

I've also lost my top
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:02:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

fucking awesome

***edit***
View Quote

I pop'd a nearly full health IS-6 today.  That was really cool!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:27:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Victory!
Battle: Ruinberg on Fire
Vehicle: M18 Hellcat
Experience received: 2,808 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 49,162
Battle achievements: Halonen's Medal, Mastery Badge: "2nd Class"
WN8: 2899 (98)

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:34:45 PM EDT
[#12]
T49 maps make the game crash CTD almost everytime.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:50:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't you just love players like this?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:14:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Victory!

Battle: Winter Himmelsdorf

Vehicle: M12

Experience received: 2,766 (x2 for the first victory each day)

Credits received: 95,010

Battle achievements: High Caliber, Reaper, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

Not bad for Himmelsdorf in a stock M12.  Did 2.7k attack and 41 def points.  Absolutely raped faces

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:48:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

12 heavies vs 1

View Quote

that usually spells lots of rape, carnage, destruction, and rape by the mediums.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:26:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Just crashed at Malinovka in a Tier 4 match with the Marder 38.  Probably be a defeat, but I couldn't get back into the game to see.  Earlier, I was in a couple of games where guys crashed out late in the match.  In one case, a Tog II and at best guess, a KV1 (the red team, they complained in chat that one of their heavies crashed out, but didn't specify which) while the TDs played on.

Yeah, I know I said I was gonna stop, but what can I say? Swiped my son's computer and loaded the game on it.  Laptop was experiencing some radical graphical weirdness, where zooming turned the game into a slide show for a good half second, regardless of FPS shown.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:39:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just crashed at Malinovka in a Tier 4 match with the Marder 38.  Probably be a defeat, but I couldn't get back into the game to see.  Earlier, I was in a couple of games where guys crashed out late in the match.  In one case, a Tog II and at best guess, a KV1 (the red team, they complained in chat that one of their heavies crashed out, but didn't specify which) while the TDs played on.

Yeah, I know I said I was gonna stop, but what can I say? Swiped my son's computer and loaded the game on it.  Laptop was experiencing some radical graphical weirdness, where zooming turned the game into a slide show for a good half second, regardless of FPS shown.
View Quote

That's one reason I reverted back to standard graphics. I also removed the sound mod I had. One of those two things fixed that issue for me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:44:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
That's one reason I reverted back to standard graphics. I also removed the sound mod I had. One of those two things fixed that issue for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This was with standard graphics set at absolute minimum and no mods whatsoever.  Of course, the laptop is an older Asus with a dual core 1.9ish processor.  4 gig ram and a 1 gig video card.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:37:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Anyone care to comment on the T-54 with the 9.0 update? I'm debating whether I want to buy it back or not.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Ammo racking a borsig does not blow the turret off.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:27:06 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Anyone care to comment on the T-54 with the 9.0 update? I'm debating whether I want to buy it back or not.  
View Quote

Its fucking awesome, did they change its stats or something?  Still as fun as ever, I played a bunch of games in it yesterday

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:52:24 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Its fucking awesome, did they change its stats or something?  Still as fun as ever, I played a bunch of games in it yesterday

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

they supposedly "fixed" the turret armor, which was mainly seen as a nerf. Just wondering if there was an increased amount of turret pens, and crew/module damage.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#23]

I got told by a 690 efficiency player that I didn't know how to play the E100, since I said it wasn't a great tier 10, and that I have no skill.        

He sure showed me

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:26:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
http://i61.tinypic.com/25i3el5.jpg

that usually spells lots of rape, carnage, destruction, and rape by the mediums.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
12 heavies vs 1

You said rape twice...  
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

It still trolls like a champ.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:34:39 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

they supposedly "fixed" the turret armor, which was mainly seen as a nerf. Just wondering if there was an increased amount of turret pens, and crew/module damage.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

seems good, now if I can just get back in the slaying bodies groove with it.  Super fun, seems faster than I remember.  IS7 is fucking amazing.

Also I can't believe I sold the Pz V/IV way back when.  It's a really fun tank.  Glad WG actually allows users to get their shit back

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#27]
I decided to try it again. I had to turn off just about 87% of what you can turn off and put just about everything's n to minimum... I get 80 fps but its still hangs up for a split second or two.

I hope this crap gets resolved before kids go on summer break. I dontvplan on playing much of this game at all while the kiddies are on break.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
seems good, now if I can just get back in the slaying bodies groove with it.  Super fun, seems faster than I remember.  IS7 is fucking amazing.

Also I can't believe I sold the Pz V/IV way back when.  It's a really fun tank.  Glad WG actually allows users to get their shit back

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How do you get tanks back?

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:45:01 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You buy them, silly
j/k - they did this tank recovery thing

https://na.wargaming.net/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/276/18/world-of-tanks-vehicle-recovery-tool

World of Tanks Vehicle Recovery Tool

Tankers!

We are excited to introduce our new Vechicle Recovery Tool (VRT.) A fully self-serviced recovery tool for your Premium and Special armored vehicles.

The VRT allows you to recover Premium and Special tanks that have been sold (sorry, crews can still not be recovered.)

NOTE: For the VRT to work, you will need to have at least one battle played in the tank you want to restore

HOW THE VRT WORKS:

The VRT allows you to restore Premium vehicles that have been sold for up to 72 after they have been sold. You can also restore Special vehicles ranging as far back as you like, but each vehicle can only be restored once every 6 months.

Q: Premium... Special... What's the difference?

A: Premium tanks are tanks that can be purchased either by Gold or in the Gift Shop. Special tanks are tanks that have been given out or have been sold in the past but are currently not available for purchase via Gold or Gift Shop.

EXAMPLES: A T2 LT is a Premium vehicle while the T7 Combat car is a Special vehicle. A Lowe is a Premium vehicle while the VK 7201 is a Special vehicle.

Q: So I won't need to send a ticket to Support any more?

A: That is correct, it is fully self-service. All you have to do is log in and restore a tank.

Q: How many tanks?

A: As many as you like. There is no longer a one time use for restoring a tank. As long as you can get to your Premium Tank in 72 hours after it has been sold you can get it back.

Furthermore, you can restore a Special Tank as many times as you like, you just have to wait 180 days in between the first restoration of the tank and the next.

Q: How do I use this awesome VRT thingy?

A: Here's what you need:

The credits required for said tank

An empty garage slot

Access to the email that you made your Wargaming account with

Step 1: Log in and select Vehicle Recovery

Step 2: Select the tank(s) that you want to recover

Step 3: Verify that you are ready to commit to the credits and garage slot

Step 4: Click the button in your email

Step 5: Wait patiently for this email

Step 6: Enjoy your tank!

NOTE:

Special Tanks that you have restored in the past that are not off of cool down can be found below the "Recover" button under "Show temporarily unavailable vehicles"

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I got told by a 690 efficiency player that I didn't know how to play the E100, since I said it wasn't a great tier 10, and that I have no skill.          

He sure showed me

View Quote

Gotta love those guys.  Had a 380 EFF guy in a Pershing try to tell a bunch of purples on our team that they didn't know how to play their tier X's.  I challenged his tier X abilities, and he invited me to a training room for a 1:1 show down.  His only X was the IS-4 and had a 28% win rate and < 700 average damage.  I politely declined his invite.  I'm not all that great at Tier X's myself, but yikes...you can land 2 shots in the IS4 and have > 400 damage.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:02:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He sure showed me

View Quote

I get that all the time! I pad my stats blah blah blah, i dont know how to play. Its awesome how bad the players are and how they blame you for their fail.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:03:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Had a good time running with the 7vs7 last night, thanks for the invite.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:59:45 PM EDT
[#34]
You may be asking yourself, how bad does the beta premium M4A2E4 suck?  

1472damage, earned me a 10,345 WN8.

That's how much it sucks.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/8HwY56k.jpg
View Quote

Must be nice.  I have the terrible version apparently.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:46:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thank you for keeping the damage requirement low.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:50:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lols
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I get that all the time! I pad my stats blah blah blah, i dont know how to play. Its awesome how bad the players are and how they blame you for their fail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He sure showed me

Just had a tomato say "Oh great, another one of those teams" as we were near defeat. I asked him if he said that a lot since he only seems to be in teams that carry him 45% of the time. "You are a bad player" was his reply.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Just started paying the game.  A couple of questions:

1.  I keep getting shot in the ass and killed by my own side.  Any ideas why?  I have never laid a round on a friendly.  One time I got killed while I was taking out the enemy tank capturing our base....

2.  I have LOTS of silver--what is it good for?

3.  And finally, I assume I can only get the "basic" tanks without paying/buying an account?

Sorry, I don't have time to scroll through 700 pages of internet dialogue.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Just started paying the game.  A couple of questions:

1.  I keep getting shot in the ass and killed by my own side.  Any ideas why?  I have never laid a round on a friendly.  One time I got killed while I was taking out the enemy tank capturing our base....

2.  I have LOTS of silver--what is it good for?

3.  And finally, I assume I can only get the "basic" tanks without paying/buying an account?

Sorry, I don't have time to scroll through 700 pages of internet dialogue.
View Quote

1.  you probably hang out with TRG and caught whatever infection he has.

2.  you spend silver to improve your tank by buying modules, and eventually buying more advanced tanks.  first, you have to research modules (by spending XP that you earn each battle).  once you have a module researched, you have to option to buy it.

3.  it's actually counterintuitive.  within any tier, the non-premium tanks are actually better than the premium tanks.  this is set up to prevent people from being able to buy the best stuff in the game--you have to earn it.  i encourage you not to go out and buy a premium tank yet--learn the game first.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He sure showed me

Stad Patting Haxor
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:49:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Note that you now have to do it within 72 hours of selling it.  That's not much help.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You buy them, silly

j/k - they did this tank recovery thing

Note that you now have to do it within 72 hours of selling it.  That's not much help.

Unless it's a "rare" tank... Then you can get it back any time.

If it's normally available in the tech tree or gift shop for gold though... Yes... You have to get it back within 72 hours.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Sirensong, thanks for the replies.  It is a fairly fun and interesting game,  it just blows chunks to taken out by your own side and be stuck in "factory grey" paint.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Sirensong, thanks for the replies.  It is a fairly fun and interesting game,  it just blows chunks to taken out by your own side and be stuck in "factory grey" paint.
View Quote

Once you get familiar with the game, you might wish to run custom skins for the tanks.

http://mirtankov.net/remodel.html

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
12 heavies vs 1

View Quote

That many Hellcats, that should have been child's play.

Unless your team was a bunch of mouth breathers. The enemy team is all driving blind as fuck Russian heavies that you could see, detect, and shoot with impunity.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Unless your team was a bunch of mouth breathers. The enemy team is all driving blind as fuck Russian heavies that you could see, detect, and shoot with impunity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

12 heavies vs 1

Pretty much my experience in those types of battles

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#47]
3 battles and one of them was a disconnect. War gaming, bite me. the match that dropped off of acted as if the match never happened. I didn't get paid either way. When I logged back in my tank was ready in garage and no flashing box to tell me victory or defeat.

The second game I played was a loss. The game was 35 seconds old by the time I was able to see the screen and move my tank.

Out of the two three games I have played it took about 5 seconds for the enemy roster to appear. So the right side of my screen was just terrain not an enemy team list.

Someone post when WG decides to actually fix this garbage of a patch.

WG actually said to turn down or off the 3d bar. Yeah if I do that I am pretty much playing Karl. Screw that

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
3 battles and one of them was a disconnect. War gaming, bite me. the match that dropped off of acted as if the match never happened. I didn't get paid either way. When I logged back in my tank was ready in garage and no flashing box to tell me victory or defeat.

The second game I played was a loss. The game was 35 seconds old by the time I was able to see the screen and move my tank.

Out of the two three games I have played it took about 5 seconds for the enemy roster to appear. So the right side of my screen was just terrain not an enemy team list.

Someone post when WG decides to actually fix this garbage of a patch.
View Quote

The game has been crashing to desktop a lot. It seems like war gaming just don't care about world of tanks anymore
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Just picked up my M41...5 games to "Ace" status...   :)        

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 1010
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top