Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/24/2012 3:55:10 PM EDT
I ordered a lee 44 mag crimping die from them on 11/6 and I'm still waiting.I have never ordered from them before and starting to think they are a scam.
I could have made a die from a hunk of fucking steel and a fucking teaspoon by now,it's not like I ordered some thing rare.
Have any one of you bought from them, and was it a problem? I'm thinking of canceling and just ordering from some where else.
OH yeah, they already charged my card it seems the day I put my order in.WTF?    Semi rant.
Edit - order shows -Processing for the last 18 days ?

WARNING

Update-02/27/13    Due to all the problems people on here are experiencing with PCO if I were you I would avoid them like the plague.

Link Posted: 11/24/2012 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Forgot to add the link http://www.personalchoiceoutfitters.com/

Nobody has bought from them ? I guess that gives me my answer.
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#2]
never heard of/ordered from them, but website says that they have had a very high volume of calls/emails. Maybe try on tuesday to give them a call/shoot them an email.
If no answer by thursday, then I'd go ahead and cancel the order.

eta-theyre closed on mondays
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm having issues with them as well.  I ordered a CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical and they are not responding to my emails because of an unusual amount of emails and messages.  I've called several times and nobody will answer. I can't even leave a message because their mailboxes are full.  I'm about to call my bank and do a charge send and get my money refunded.  My order for the past 4 days says "processing."  When I order something online the item should be shipped within two business days. I better get my money back.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 12:23:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Tried calling a few more times...I still get no answer.  so pissed right now.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 6:18:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Great, looks like I got scammed too... I ordered some XD mags a week ago. The order shows as processing on their site. No email communications from them whatsoever, I can't reach them by phone or Livechat. I'll try sending them an email.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 6:26:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Guys, not making excuses for these guys but the industry writ large is massively overwhelmed.  Larger companies that have gone through this before, ala Midway, have mechanisms in place. Smaller companies are overwhelmed. I believe that I read on Spike's website yesterday that uppers and rifles are on a 12 month waiting list....and Spikes is a brick and mortar shop.

These guys are apparently only internet deep. It's not real hard (or expensive) to put up a website, immediately charge the CC so as to have working capital and then work with distributors to fill the order. This was the original BOTACH model and for years they hammered folks in much the same fashion.

My advice is #1 Cancel the order and #2 call you CC company and dispute the charge. Easy day.

The lesson here is cheapest isn't always the best, especially during times such as these. Also, when these small, internet based companies say that something is in stock they may be fibbing....
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 6:59:02 AM EDT
[#7]
pdm, I understand that gun shops are completely overwhelmed right now. But in my panicked scramble to find certain parts, I have placed orders with several other small companies. Some of them don't capture the CC charges until they can process the order. Others have captured the charges and communicated a backorder to me, with the order on hold. Others have cancelled the order. All of them have updated their stock indicators, or shut down their website entirely... Except for PCO, which cheerily shows "in stock" on the same products I've been waiting a week for an update on.

The fact this has been going on for months now, means it's not just a temporary case of being understaffed. It's consumer fraud.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 7:31:37 AM EDT
[#8]
This guy might be able to give you some answers:

His name is Hoang Tran and is listed as one of the co-owners of the company.

Link Posted: 1/4/2013 7:36:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Their office is located in Suite 6 of this attractive business plaza:

Link Posted: 1/4/2013 7:41:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
pdm, I understand that gun shops are completely overwhelmed right now. But in my panicked scramble to find certain parts, I have placed orders with several other small companies. Some of them don't capture the CC charges until they can process the order. Others have captured the charges and communicated a backorder to me, with the order on hold. Others have cancelled the order. All of them have updated their stock indicators, or shut down their website entirely... Except for PCO, which cheerily shows "in stock" on the same products I've been waiting a week for an update on.

The fact this has been going on for months now, means it's not just a temporary case of being understaffed. It's consumer fraud.

Again, I'm not making excuses for these guys. I'm just trying to give you perspective. I'v been in and around the firearm industry for about 25 years..in RD/TE, Weapon and equipment development, commercial side, etc...and I can tell you with authority that it is a fucked up industry. Profits are razor thin, distributors are generally scum bags, etc...etc.. surge in sales doesn't always mean profit. There's also lots (lots...) of fly-by-night shit going on.

Hey the BL is that if you feel that you're being ripped off then get on it.  Dispute the charge with the CC company. Contact the AZ Attorney General's office with the facts and ask that they open a case. Contact the FBI and file an internet fraud complaint....etc..etc...
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 8:03:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Their office is located in Suite 6 of this attractive business plaza:

http://i48.tinypic.com/295rceh.jpg

D'oh doesn't provide a very positive outlook. Hopefully you guys will be able to get everything straightened out.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 8:34:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I ordered a lee 44 mag crimping die from them on 11/6 and I'm still waiting.I have never ordered from them before and starting to think they are a scam.

Hey OP, whatever happened with your order?

Richard
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 4:23:03 AM EDT
[#13]
I placed an order for a couple HK P30 mags a couple days ago, before I read all the bad stuff about this place. I can't get ahold of anyone to cancel my order. Calling my bank on Monday. Anyone have any luck getting their items or disputing the charges?
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Bump for the day crew
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice - PCO not answering their phone, goes right to a recording saying how they're closed for Christmas, New Year, and SHOT show.  Oh well, disputing charges with CC company.  :(
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Great, I came here to find out if anyone else was having issues....well I have my answer.  I ordered a Springfield Loaded Ultra Compact about a month ago and never heard anything after getting the auto respond email...and my card was charged.  I would give them the benefit of doubt if the issues above hadn't started prior to Sandy Hook...and the fact that no matter when I call I get the same recording.  And the auto email responses are really telling me this a joke.  Keep getting emails back saying Aaron has been assigned my account and will be in touch shortly. If he doesn't contact me call us directly and give us reference number 2013.  I am pissed off!
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I just had my credit card contest the charge on my card. They don't answer their phone-they just have a recording where you can't leave a message. Their phone number associated with credit card purchases is disconnected. They don't answer their email. After 21 days the order I placed was still listed as "processing".

In addition they have a "F" rating from the BBB and  people 1911forum.com are reporting the same issues that are being reported here.
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Here is info on the Corporation license

PERSONAL CHOICE OUTFITTERS INTERNATIONAL, LLC
Domestic Address 10408 W MIAMI ST
TOLLESON,  AZ  85353

Statutory Agent Information Agent Name:  JOSEPH SILVA

Agent Mailing/Physical Address:
10408 W MIAMI ST
TOLLESON,  AZ  85353

Agent Status: APPOINTED 04/25/2008
Agent Last Updated: 07/02/2008

Additional Corporate Information Corporation Type: DOMESTIC L.L.C. Business Type:
Incorporation Date:  04/25/2008 Corporate Life Period: PERPETUAL
Domicile:  ARIZONA County: MARICOPA
Approval Date:  04/30/2008 Original Publish Date:  06/30/2008

Manager/Member Information

JOSEPH SILVA
MANAGER
10408 W MIAMI ST
TOLLESON,AZ  85353
Date of Taking Office: 04/25/2008
Last Updated: 04/30/2008

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 10:21:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Nothing but complaints if you check out BBB. A friend of mine recently ordered from them and ended up cancelling the order after some research. The company's total sales for 2011 were less than my jeep cost, they are obviously not conducting business on any significant level. Google them and you'll read about one bad experience after another.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 11:04:20 AM EDT
[#20]
I came a across this company and their website about a week ago.  Prices were decent and there was nothing to indicate anything was out of stock... which, in the current market, was a bit of a red flag for me.

Placed a small order with them just a few days ago as kind of a trial run.  Based on the posts in this thread, doesn't sound like I should hold my breath.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Hi all,

I am in a very similar situation with these guys. Bought $500 worth of ammo, was amazed that it was in stock (Federal Gold Medal 175 SMK .308) and same thing, they charged my card on the day of the order, now I can't get a hold of them.

Wish I had read this thread before I made my order!

My credit card company wants me to wait 20 business days before disputing the transaction.

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 3:40:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Don't feel bad, I am in to them for $500 for a gun that I thought they had in stock which is not being imported anymore. So if it is not in stock, they aren't getting it. They have no inventory and are a drop-ship company only. Want to read some crazy BS, just look at their layaway policies!

PCO Policies

http://www.bbb.org/central-northern-western-arizona/business-reviews/sporting-goods-retail/personal-choice-outfitters-international-llc-in-buckeye-az-1000024216

PCO Facebook page

CTD FFL Info for PCO

Google Maps of their FFL info

This looks bad: http://phoenix.backpage.com/SportsEquipForSale/personal-choice-outfitters-intl-gun-shop-now-hiring/14809638

But as of 2 days ago they were hiring.

Their email address is: pcointl2013 AT gmail DOT com

I got an email back saying that my account manager was Vinny and I should expect to hear from him soon. If not, I should call.
Not sure what their end game is, but charge-backs cost them money. They charge immediately for every order. Crazy.

So I guess they are just borrowing our money until we can get charge-backs processed.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 4:37:31 AM EDT
[#23]
they're in Maricopa county?  Get Sheriif Joe on them :)
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 5:39:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Great, I came here to find out if anyone else was having issues....well I have my answer.  I ordered a Springfield Loaded Ultra Compact about a month ago and never heard anything after getting the auto respond email...and my card was charged.  I would give them the benefit of doubt if the issues above hadn't started prior to Sandy Hook...and the fact that no matter when I call I get the same recording.  And the auto email responses are really telling me this a joke.  Keep getting emails back saying Aaron has been assigned my account and will be in touch shortly. If he doesn't contact me call us directly and give us reference number 2013.  I am pissed off!

Guys I know the guiding premise here is one of "never invite the man into your life" or in other words avoid contact with Law Enforcement. I don't agree with that attitude but to each their own.

What has worked for me in the past, when a Firearm was involved, was a phone call to the ATF asking them to look into the matter. Years ago I bought a pistol (Detonics pocket 9) from a dealer in CA. Basically the same situation as is happening here occurred with me. I called and left messages and zero retuned calls.

I waited about  month and then called the local ATF field office. I politely explained to the SA that money had changed hands, a firearm was involved, I never received that firearm and now the seller is MIA.  About 2 days later the owner of the gun store also called me and was almost in tears. Fuck him. He was floating my money, as is this ass-clown it appears, and basically blew me off.  I had that pistol 5 days later.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 6:17:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Hey guy's, OP checking in I just saw this and thought it was buried.

All I have to say is they are slow as fuck and all I ORDERED FROM THEM WAS A CRIMPING DIE AND IT TOOK A MONTH TO GET IT TO ME.

It seems to me they don't have to much in stock and back order just about everything and have poor communications if there's a problem.

If I were you guys I would keep trying to call and email for answers,just when I was going to call it quits I got my part.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I got Vinny and the same reference number of 2013.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 7:51:21 AM EDT
[#27]
I got caught in the PCO web too when I tried to buy a stripped lower a couple weeks ago that "appeared" to be in stock on the site.  As others stated, my CC got charged right away, no ability to phone contact or get email response, and after seeing this thread and other info on the net, I knew I was in trouble.  I cancelled my order by email and I disputed my CC charge with the bank ASAP and they are following up with PCO directly told me to not pay the charge.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Nice - PCO not answering their phone, goes right to a recording saying how they're closed for Christmas, New Year, and SHOT show.  Oh well, disputing charges with CC company.  :(

Hmm, Citibank placed charge in dispute, couple days later (yesterday) I got a phone message at the number I gave them.  No answer still at the number listed on their website, but the person who called me answered the number from my CallerID just moments ago :D  Supposedly they're cancellling and refunding, but the charge is still in dispute with my CC company so I'm good either way.  

Richard
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 8:38:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Disputing my charge as well
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:06:00 AM EDT
[#30]
This nimrod is a bottom feeder dealer and I'd bet that he has no "juice" from any of the distributors. He's floating money hoping that a distributor will send him some product. His credit is probably maxed that's one of the reasons that he has to float customer credit cards as the distributors that he's dealing with are demanding certified funds vice credit.  The SH panic has killed him as he has no higher priority for product than you or I ordering from Brownells or Midway.

Word to the wise gents....he probably has enough cash to cover about 20-30% of the outstanding refunds that he owes. That's what happens when you float money....it's a pyramid and only a percentage of the customers that he owes money to will receive a refund before he goes into chapter 11 or 7 bankruptcy.  Be aggressive about a refund with this guy or prepare to use the loss as a tax write off.

The above is conjecture on my part but I've seen it before. Just recently I almost lost $800 on a Trident can when a local dealer pulled this shit. I drove down and got my $$ back and two days later he filed. No one got a penny after that as far as I know.  

Get on it.

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 7:16:47 AM EDT
[#31]
I guess I should consider myself very lucky. I placed an order with them for some Glock 29 mags on November 8th and received them about 2 weeks later.
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#32]
I was looking at the 10/22s they have and the price looked right.....glad I ARFCOM'd them.

I still want a 10/22 though....
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 4:29:04 AM EDT
[#33]
I just found this thread and I have no idea why some of you guys are having the problems you are. I have had several dealings with these guys in the last few months and have nothing but good things to say.  I have bought several firearms and products and not a single problem.  I placed and order a couple of weeks ago, and they are swamped.  If you look on their website it says they are at least 2-3 weeks out on orderis. It seems like patience is a thing of the past. With that idiot in the Oval Office running his mouth, everyone is bogged down.  

I would give it some time.  Email them, it seems to be the easies way to get though to them.  No problems yet.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 7:05:27 AM EDT
[#34]
They just put that notice up in the last two days, before that they were DOA and still not answering phones or replying to emails.

FYI: Charging for a product before shipping it is against both Mastercard and Visa merchants terms of service. Federal law requires shipment within 30 days unless a previous agreement has been established.

In my case, they took money for a gun they will not be able to get because it is discontinued by the manufacturer. If they do not have it in stock, then they need to remove it from their web site because they cannot order it. They should also clearly state on all product pages that they do not have the items in-stock. The place is just ass-backwards from a customer oriented business.

Additionally, if it is going to take them 2-3 weeks to process the orders, then they should wait 2-3 weeks to charge the credit cards.
That is just plain honest business.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 7:06:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Never but they look legit
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 7:22:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This guy might be able to give you some answers:

His name is Hoang Tran and is listed as one of the co-owners of the company.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/398715_10200190855364180_1541968881_n.jpg

Who's that scratching his belly?
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 6:02:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Additionally, if it is going to take them 2-3 weeks to process the orders, then they should wait 2-3 weeks to charge the credit cards.
That is just plain honest business.

Yep, I'm not worried about the few weeks delay - but item(s) should ship when the cc is charged, and PCO charges the cc right away and ships maybe someday...

Update on my order: refund notice from PCO arrived yesterday, I'm assuming their cc refund will cancel out my dispute so I think I'm almost all the way free of these guys!

Richard
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 7:41:15 AM EDT
[#38]
This is a legitimate brick and mortar small business located in a commercial building. The surge in orders in the last 3 months has had a major impact. They have gone from a 1 line telephone to a 4 line (with many service issues by the local phone company) and obviously that isn't enough for the number of inquiries they receive. They are also in the process of hiring reps to handle the hundreds of calls. Here in Arizona we are also having difficulties with banks releasing deposits, such as the case of Bank of America and Spirit Arms. There is more to the story than crooks and frauds.

That being said, I would be upset if it were my money, time, and frustration. Hopefully their issues are fixed soon!
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 9:01:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Yeah,

If they are that overwhelmed, they could take their order system off-line and stop charging credit cards until they get things back up and running.
I see a series of poor business decisions related to the rush..
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 9:20:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I see a series of poor business decisions related to the rush..

The first BBB complaint was in September of last year - well before the rush.

They are also known for creating shill accounts on forums.

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 11:42:10 AM EDT
[#41]
I agree, they should not charge the full amount until the item has shipped. Maybe a small deposit, but not the full amount. And if they are searching for a discontinued piece, no money should be charged unless they find it first. Lots of things to iron out for them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Looks like they are finally trying to communicate the operation of their site and status of the operation:
"As many of you know, the industry has seen a major spike in sales. This issue has overwhelmed the phone and email systems at PCO Intl. Our staff is working as quickly as possible to address customer inquires. They are being responded in the order they are received. Please allow 5 to 7 days for our staff to touch base with you regarding your inquiries. We are working to upgrade our systems and staff to open more lines of communication and reduce delays in our response time.

In the meantime please understand the situation in the industry as you are placing your orders. PCO Intl website is a catalog listing of obtainable products for customers as stated in our terms of service. Many of these products are in stock and ready to ship. Others, especially with tactical related items, are allocated. The availability and categorizing of allocated items change on a daily basis. Given the number of suppliers PCO Intl works with we do not have the technology available to us to place a real time stock availability listing on our website. We receive items from many of our 160 suppliers on a daily basis and work to fill orders in the order they are received as quickly as possible. This influx is has delayed our shipments an additional 2 to 3 weeks on top of our regular shipping time.

As the current laws restricting high capacity magazines and tactical style firearms have not changed, PCO Intl continues to accept orders for these items. These orders will be filled as soon as possible. Before placing your order, if you are concerned that an item is allocated, please contact a member of our staff about your product of interest before placing your order.

Those who choose to continue with an allocated item; our staff will communicate with you about the status of your order as it progresses. Placing an order for an allocated item reserves your place in line for shipment of the product. In addition your price is locked in at today's price. Please note that placing an item with our layaway option will also reserve your place in line and price. Those not in a rush for an item have the opportunity to save a significant amount of money on their order as prices across the industry continue to rise.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. Our staff looks forward to working with each of you.

Sincerely,
PCO Intl CEO/President
"

Communication is a good thing..
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah that money is gone.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
This is a legitimate brick and mortar small business located in a commercial building. The surge in orders in the last 3 months has had a major impact. They have gone from a 1 line telephone to a 4 line (with many service issues by the local phone company) and obviously that isn't enough for the number of inquiries they receive. They are also in the process of hiring reps to handle the hundreds of calls. Here in Arizona we are also having difficulties with banks releasing deposits, such as the case of Bank of America and Spirit Arms. There is more to the story than crooks and frauds.

That being said, I would be upset if it were my money, time, and frustration. Hopefully their issues are fixed soon!

Welcome to the owner of said business.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:54:28 AM EDT
[#45]
No. Welcome to a person who lives 1/2 a mile from the store and has actually been in there, who also knows people who have bought there and received merchandise.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:30:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
No. Welcome to a person who lives 1/2 a mile from the store and has actually been in there, who also knows people who have bought there and received merchandise.

Would you mind running by there and asking them to cancel my order and avoid the charge-back fees.

Since they do not answer phones or emails or website chats or web-site contact us forms...

I really need my money back and I am sure they are not going to send me a $1200 gun at the web site price of $528.

Edit: Too late, bank called today... they are proceeding with a CB..  I tried over and over to avoid doing that..
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#47]
tell that guy that lives !/2 mile away he could make a buck by being a go between....even if their not crooks there business practices are un ethical.
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Hello gents, new here.  Right now PCO owes me $50.00, I am an LEO in PA. Spoke to a friend at the ATF today. I will be contacting the industry operations office of the ATF in AZ on Monday. If any one would like me to pass their contact info along to the ATF, I will do so. I would think name and phone number to me in IM would suffice.

I do not like thieves and will do everything I can to have their FFL yanked and get my money back.

Thanks Kevin
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 7:50:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Hello gents, new here.  Right now PCO owes me $50.00, I am an LEO in PA. Spoke to a friend at the ATF today. I will be contacting the industry operations office of the ATF in AZ on Monday. If any one would like me to pass their contact info along to the ATF, I will do so. I would think name and phone number to me in IM would suffice.

I do not like thieves and will do everything I can to have their FFL yanked and get my money back.

Thanks Kevin

Excellent

My bank has provisionally credited my account and the investigation is pending. It's clear that even if this place is a legitimate business, they run their business like shit. They are intentionally deceitful and unethical. You'll notice in their current "statement" that the CEO/Owner does not give his name, only his title. This place is falling like a house of cards, get your money back while you can.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#50]
I placed an order online for a product that was listed as IN STOCK. I have not received the product.  I spoke with a lady by the name of Wendy on January 23, 2013 who advised it may be an additional 2 months, but said she really doesn't know. My credit card has been charged. I told her to cancel the order and issue a refund. She said she was not authorized to do so. I believe this is also false advertising to state items are in stock when in fact they are not. And, they do not even know when or if they will be in stock. In the meantime my credit card has been charged. I believe a criminal action has taken place. I'm going to file complaints with the ATF and the FTC. They also do not respond to emails or answer the phones. They also have an F Rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top