Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:33:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:33:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Lol.

He hid behind a fridge.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:36:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Good job SAPD, and no it wasn't me that drew down.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:36:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
CoC10...VA-gunnut

Really a five line article

Not copyright infringement based on the balancing test for fair use.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:37:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Have a holly jolly Christmas, when you walk down the street

Say Hello to friends you know, or people that you meet

Have a holly jolly Christmas, it's the best time of the year!

Oh by golly have a holly jolly Christmas this year!

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:43:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd love to see the security camera footage on that one.

I'd be willing to bet $100 the scumbag yelled out "dat ain't necessary!" while hiding behind that fridge.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:45:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Not a statistical use of a gun for self protection, since no shots were fired.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:48:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Holy crap!  Is that story real?  I had no idea that there were still Sears stores.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:48:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Good draw-down.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:52:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Guy gets punched, and draws down? Sounds pretty dumb.

Hope theres more to the story than that. Lucky he's not getting charged.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:53:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Good. There should be no charges filed.

I'll do the same thing to you if you hit me in the face or assault me in any way.

15-20 years ago, no. I would have been all over you or at least trying. With my health and being out of shape, because of it, I'm not taking any chances.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:53:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Would have loved to see the face on "Tough Guy" when things went south for him!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:54:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Don't punch me, same result!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:56:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Justified.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:56:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Physical violence in response to a verbal disagreement is usually viewed as irrational behavior and a threat of great bodily harm.  Not everybody studies UFC.

Your opponent agrees to mutual combat in some states and you two can punch out your differences.  But when you attack a person, you pretty much open yourself to being shot.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:58:43 AM EDT
[#20]
I like the story and the outcome.  The guy who punched the CCW holder and cut in line is in the wrong, of course.

Still, using a weapon to preserve a place in line appears overzealous.   If the fight was over, there is was no threat to the gun owner.  Seems to me he is lucky that he didn't get charged with brandishing.  Anyone else???  
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:00:00 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Hope there is more to the story than that. Lucky he's not getting charged.

It's not dumb, it's a direct result of being attacked without provocation. I'll pull my gun out too.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:01:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Are you retarded???

If I knock you out with one punch I can keep hitting you until I lose interest, someone else stops me or you're dead. Still think it's dumb to draw down now?

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:01:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Broken link

Arfcom broke it.

http://j.mp/U1Vnkg

Thanks.

The Charlie Brown balloon pic at the link, looked like a giant tit.

Giant hairy tit with moles.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:02:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I like the story and the outcome.  The guy who punched the CCW holder and cut in line is in the wrong, of course.

Still, using a weapon to preserve a place in line appears overzealous.   If the fight was over, there is was no threat to the gun owner.  Seems to me he is lucky that he didn't get charged with brandishing.  Anyone else???  

Sounded like the firearm was drawn after the firearm owner was assaulted, not because the person cut in line.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:03:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:03:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Why isn't the article titled "Man stops assault with gun"?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:04:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:04:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You're assuming a lot of things.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:06:22 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're assuming a lot of things.
Yes I am... as is everyone else who is posting in thread.  

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:06:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Oh goody. Another thread about whether punching someone in the face justifies threatening/using deadly force. Never been done before.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:08:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Lol.

He hid behind a fridge.

"Sear's Black Friday slightly dented or bullet hole sale on all appliances."

Good pull.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:14:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Broken link

Arfcom broke it.
http://j.mp/U1Vnkg

no one at ARFCOM cares.  

pictures of hairy dicks?  they are on it in minutes.
broken forum software for 3 years?  meh.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_3/1347104_3rd_time____improper_mangling_of_linked_URLs_due_to_consecutive_dashes_being_converted_into_em_dash.html

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:15:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If "toughguy" was 25 years old and built like an NFL lineman, and the CHL guy was a little old man, he could have  shot him and not been charged.
It's called "disparity of force"; you're faced with an insurmountable opponent(s).

article is short on details; maybe the "toughguy" was throwing around real threats and getting out of hand with other people, in which case the CHL guy can claim that he was protecting someone else's safety. Since CHL guy didn't get charged, and the cops watched tape, i'd bet the "toughguy" was really pushing his luck.

Welcome to Texas...

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:19:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
CoC10...VA-gunnut

Really a five line article

Not copyright infringement based on the balancing test for fair use.

And not taking any chances on getting sued.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:29:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Habitual line-stepper gets what's coming to him. Video at 11.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:33:31 AM EDT
[#36]
This is a tough one. On the one hand, society frowns upon fighting so defending yourself by punching back would only result in a brawl. As a CHL holder, you run the risk of escalating the situation instead of ending it. Next thing you know, you are maybe fighting on the ground and/or the gun becomes exposed and the situation becomes very deadly very quickly. You also run the risk that you will be charged with assault and put your license in jeopardy.

Or you could do what this guy did and pull your gun on someone who just punched you in the face which looks like a complete overreaction. I think it's an overreaction but only because I would rather hit the asshole back. That seems like a more appropriate response. I think that world is gone now, the world where society would actually sanction a righteous beat down in public. As if that isn't crippling enough, having a CHL and carrying is even more crippling still.

I think I can honestly say that if it happened to me, I would take the punch, not fight back, and call 911 to report an assault. If the attacker continued the assault, he'd likely be too near for me to draw effectively, and I would find myself in a fist fight anyway.

Pretty much a lose-lose situation for anyone involved.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:39:56 AM EDT
[#37]

An armed society is a polite society.

Good draw!

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:44:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You can't risk physical altercations when carrying. It wouldn't matter if you're an ex-SEAL with tons of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai experience; lesser trained people do land lucky punches from time to time and being laid out with a now-unconcealed firearm may constitute a threat to your life. Therefore, it's appropriate to draw against someone attempting to engage you in a fist fight.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:44:29 AM EDT
[#39]
There have been times when I really wanted to punch somebody , but in my older age I have come to find that you just dont know who you could be dealing with. Life is really short if you think about it. Punch some guy and for all you know, he may pull a gun or a knife and kill you . He may go to jail but you will be just as dead.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:45:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you retarded???

If I knock you out with one punch I can keep hitting you until I lose interest, someone else stops me or you're dead. Still think it's dumb to draw down now?

Nope, not retarded.

Just dont think that a PUNCH equals DEADLY FORCE.

mutiple punches, maybe. get knocked on the ground, maybe.

there may be more to the story, like i said earlier.

not every single "self defense" scenario justifies deadly force.

a lot of you guys act like you have one tool in your toolbox, and everything looks like a nail.

anybody remember this guy? a lot more went on there than some pushing and shoving after a guy got cut in line.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:46:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Physical violence in response to a verbal disagreement is usually viewed as irrational behavior and a threat of great bodily harm.  Not everybody studies UFC.

Your opponent agrees to mutual combat in some states and you two can punch out your differences.  But when you attack a person, you pretty much open yourself to being shot.

not legally
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:47:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you retarded???

Nope, not retarded.

Just dont think that a PUNCH equals DEADLY FORCE.

mutiple punches, maybe. get knocked on the ground, maybe.

there may be more to the story, like i said earlier.

not every single "self defense" scenario justifies deadly force.

a lot of you guys act like you have one tool in your toolbox, and everything looks like a nail.

anybody remember this guy? a lot more went on there than some pushing and shoving after a guy got cut in line.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8344/8211574562_01576ec2e5_z.jpg

Sorry, but even though I'm a pretty big guy (6'3") I wouldn't duke it out in line with some fucktard that was crazy, drunk, high, or just plain stupid enough to take a swing at me.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:50:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

not legally

That blanket statement doesn't apply in a lot of circumstances, and Texas is famous for erring on the side of the law abiding in these cases.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:50:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:50:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't risk physical altercations when carrying. It wouldn't matter if you're an ex-SEAL with tons of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai experience; lesser trained people do land lucky punches from time to time and being laid out with a now-unconcealed firearm may constitute a threat to your life. Therefore, it's appropriate to draw against someone attempting to engage you in a fist fight.

my job involves me being involved in "physical altercations" quite frequently while carrying. still cant draw down on somebody for throwing a punch.

what are you going to do if you draw down on him, and still comes at you?

shoot an unarmed man? with multiple witnesses around, who will say you "shot an unarmed man"

i know he gets what's coming to him. but dont expect to not get the shaft from some over zealous prosecutor
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:52:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

not legally

So someone taking a swing at you is legal?  

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:52:35 AM EDT
[#47]
I like stories like this.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:53:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

not legally

So someone taking a swing at you is legal?  

lol.

yes that is exactly what i said, someone taking a swing at you is legal

what i said was someone taking a swing at you does not justify deadly force (in the eyes of the law).
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:53:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Not sure where you get that. The punch instigated the drawndown, not the line cutting.

The fight is never "over." Never assume that it is. It will get you dead.

People carry for self protection. This is an example of it working in a situation where no one had to die.

ETA: Re: The "unarmed man" comment by the other poster. Never assume anyone is unarmed.

You may not shoot an unarmed man, who has ceased their aggression, but you best make that determination with him squarely in your sights.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:55:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

my job involves me being involved in "physical altercations" quite frequently while carrying. still cant draw down on somebody for throwing a punch.

what are you going to do if you draw down on him, and still comes at you?  Muzzle Punch to the Front Teeth

shoot an unarmed man? What if he is an experienced boxer/martial artist/ and known/unknown perp?  counselor?  with multiple witnesses around, who will say you "shot an unarmed man"

i know he gets what's coming to him. but dont expect to not get the shaft from some over zealous prosecutor

You assume a lot there,..............

see above for appropriate answers or counter questions

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top