Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2012 4:20:00 PM EDT
So how does this work?

Does the box take a wired feed from the Sat and then distribute it to the clients wirelessly, or over the wire?

How many wires into the Genie Box? Any out?

Need to know how this works to see how well it works in my current environment ( 2 wires from Sat to MultiSwitch, then 2 wires from MultiSwitch to each TV).
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 4:21:57 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I understand it records the shows on the box, up to 5 at a time, and they can be watched on tv around the house. As long as those tv's have receivers. No need for each tv to have its own individual DVR.

I have the genie but only have one tv hooked up.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

From what I understand it records the shows on the box, up to 5 at a time, and they can be watched on tv around the house. As long as those tv's have receivers. No need for each tv to have its own individual DVR.

I got that. I am interested in how it gets the video to the other boxes. Is it wired or wireless? I am familiar with the ATTUniverse/Cisco solution which uses wireless clients.

How many wires go from your sat to your switch? How many from your switch to your Genie? Are you using SWM?
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 3  DVRs  and 2 HD receivers from Direct TV. I subscribe to to the whole home system and the installers placed  a SWIM unit on the receivers that don't have it built in. I asked about the Genie and I would not get anything I don't have now.  All my units use one coax cable to the unit.  With the main DVR hooked to the Internet via wireless.  Can view on demand on all units.

If I wanted it they would have to add another unit to increase the leads from the Sat dish.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I got that. I am interested in how it gets the video to the other boxes. Is it wired or wireless? I am familiar with the ATTUniverse/Cisco solution which uses wireless clients.  

How many wires go from your sat to your switch? How many from your switch to your Genie? Are you using SWM?

I re read your post after I posted.

I am not 100% how it sends the signal to the other boxes. I would imagine it would be sent through the existing cable.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I re read your post after I posted.

I am not 100% how it sends the signal to the other boxes. I would imagine it would be sent through the existing cable.

I have a genie + client. Looks like it goes thru coaxial. No other communications cables aside from the HDMI to the TV.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top