Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#1]
funny but cops the the biggest problem at our range. we let them use the range in hope that they'll let our drunks go. the cops shoot the shit out of everything they shouldn't and don't even take their garabe away.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There are absolutely zero forests in AZ, and anybody that disagrees is obviously lying. 100% of the state is desert. Cactus, thorny shrubs, and venomous snakes.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Wicked ammo taxes too!

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why are there National Forest Service checkpoints in Arizona?  Are there any actual forest areas there?

Don't pick up your brass?

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#4]

I hate litterers.

John
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#5]
This isn't a surprise to anybody who's shot on the BLM land out there.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

http://www.kvoa.com/news/drivers-go-through-checkpoint-at-redington-pass/#!prettyPhoto/0/

Drivers go through checkpoint at Redington Pass

TUCSON - Redington Pass visitors had to go through a Forest Service checkpoint Saturday.

Forest and National Park rangers along with the Arizona Game and Fish Department made sure visitors followed the law.

People legally shoot firearms in areas next to the main road. Many of them leave their empty cartridge casings and targets on the ground.

"You come out here to shoot," Shephard Luke said, "and it just ruins the sport, makes a gun owner look bad."

Law enforcement stopped about 250 vehicles, reminding shooters to pick up their trash.

A driver admitted shooting, but did not have the empty casings. A Game and Fish officer turned him around and told him to pick up his empty rounds.

Good.

Ever been to some of these areas?   They are national forests and so called "shooters" turn them into a fucking landfill.   I used to go shooting, then spend two three hours picking up other peoples shit and loading the back of my truck to clean it out.

Only to come out a week later and find it trashed again.

I see nothing wrong with asking people to pick up their own shit, and not use the National Forest or BLM land as a landfill.   It sure beats having the area closed to those of us who want to shoot somewhere other than a $25/hour range.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 1:00:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I think people who don't live out here (or have never been to areas like Sugarloaf, Redington, Table Mesa, etc) can really appreciate how FUCKED UP people leave shooting areas.  It's disgusting.  

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 1:05:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.kvoa.com/news/drivers-go-through-checkpoint-at-redington-pass/#!prettyPhoto/0/

TUCSON - Redington Pass visitors had to go through a Forest Service checkpoint Saturday.

Forest and National Park rangers along with the Arizona Game and Fish Department made sure visitors followed the law.

People legally shoot firearms in areas next to the main road. Many of them leave their empty cartridge casings and targets on the ground.

"You come out here to shoot," Shephard Luke said, "and it just ruins the sport, makes a gun owner look bad."

Law enforcement stopped about 250 vehicles, reminding shooters to pick up their trash.

A driver admitted shooting, but did not have the empty casings. A Game and Fish officer turned him around and told him to pick up his empty rounds.

who doesn't save their brass?!?!

Morons that burn money because they don't reload.

Easy there scooter, some of us don't blast 10,000 rounds a year so the cost of a reloading setup isn't worth it. Also, Military housing doesn't exactly come with alot of extra room. Hell, I don't even have a garage and my guns share a closet with my wife's shoes. So keep the condescending comments to yourself.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

who doesn't save their brass?!?!

Morons that burn money because they don't reload.

Easy there scooter, some of us don't blast 10,000 rounds a year so the cost of a reloading setup isn't worth it. Also, Military housing doesn't exactly come with alot of extra room. Hell, I don't even have a garage and my guns share a closet with my wife's shoes. So keep the condescending comments to yourself.

I save my brass but as future currency when everything goes to shit. Only hope brass will still pay well per pound
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 1:10:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd be a bit more concerned about the folks that shoot bottles.  Brass doesn't tend to refract light and start fires the way brocken glass can.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd be a bit more concerned about the folks that shoot bottles.  Brass doesn't tend to refract light and start fires the way brocken glass can.

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that certainly won't happen at Reddington pass, trust me.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Serves em' right, people trash those places.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top