Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:01:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

The BLM has closed one area already to recreational shooters in my county because of the trash (Fridges, TVs, pallets, washing machines, etc). Complete mess. They are now considering closing two other areas because fuck heads can't police up their shit. Those are the only two BLM areas left to shoot.

BLM is making noise about doing the same thing here.

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:03:24 AM EDT
[#2]
We are our own worst enemy sometimes...
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why are there National Forest Service checkpoints in Arizona?  Are there any actual forest areas there?

Are you a retard?

We have far better, and far bigger National Forests than urbanized Virginia.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:03:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.kvoa.com/news/drivers-go-through-checkpoint-at-redington-pass/#!prettyPhoto/0/

Drivers go through checkpoint at Redington Pass

TUCSON - Redington Pass visitors had to go through a Forest Service checkpoint Saturday.

Forest and National Park rangers along with the Arizona Game and Fish Department made sure visitors followed the law.

People legally shoot firearms in areas next to the main road. Many of them leave their empty cartridge casings and targets on the ground.

"You come out here to shoot," Shephard Luke said, "and it just ruins the sport, makes a gun owner look bad."

Law enforcement stopped about 250 vehicles, reminding shooters to pick up their trash.

A driver admitted shooting, but did not have the empty casings. A Game and Fish officer turned him around and told him to pick up his empty rounds.

who doesn't save their brass?!?!

Morons that burn money because they don't reload.

I can't make 7.62x39 or 12ga or  .22lr for what I buy it for. my only other caliber is 9mm which i do reload for.

for most people wolf .223 is about the same cost to buy as home brewing your own .223...with out the work.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It is not shooters that are being harassed, it's the litterbugs that are being held responsible for their actions.

this.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.kvoa.com/news/drivers-go-through-checkpoint-at-redington-pass/#!prettyPhoto/0/

TUCSON - Redington Pass visitors had to go through a Forest Service checkpoint Saturday.

Forest and National Park rangers along with the Arizona Game and Fish Department made sure visitors followed the law.

People legally shoot firearms in areas next to the main road. Many of them leave their empty cartridge casings and targets on the ground.

"You come out here to shoot," Shephard Luke said, "and it just ruins the sport, makes a gun owner look bad."

Law enforcement stopped about 250 vehicles, reminding shooters to pick up their trash.

A driver admitted shooting, but did not have the empty casings. A Game and Fish officer turned him around and told him to pick up his empty rounds.

Steel case shooters.

I reload my .45ACP steel cases
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:06:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not just the brass...it's the efen tv's and crap that the aholes leave...

I'm a dirt shooter and see that crap all the time.  It's only a matter of time before the NF becomes off limits to shooting.

This.

("Hey, Joe! I got these twenty four gallon gallon of highway yellow paint here and my newest batch of dum-dums! Let's watch 'em explode when we shoot 'em!"

Idiots.

I am completely opposed to dragging garbage to public lands to shoot.  I would lynch those fucks if I could.

That said....

Twenty sealed four-gallon cans of bright yellow paint?

Fuck it, I'm in, that shit would blow up epic style.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

He should have kept his mouth shut.

No, he should have picked up his brass.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I have no problem with this.

Pickup your shell casings and trash for God's fucking sake!

Fucking slobs ruin it for everyone.

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Good for them.  Shooting at the NF is a privilage that can be taken away if we don't act resposibly.  It's sad that we would force the law inforcement to parent us.  Another example of why people look down on gun owners.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:12:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Good.

People trash the desert, it's disgusting. When caught there should be a consequence, not a friendly reminder.

These people got off with nothing and they're complaining. Nice, wonder why non-shooters don't like us?
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#12]
leave it cleaner than you found it
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:13:57 AM EDT
[#13]
yes, we have some very lovely forests - nice pine trees and everything. The Arizona desert can be quite lush too.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#14]
A $7 magnet from Harbor Freight deals with the steel cases nicely. It's sad that a small percentage of the folks who use the pass are responsable for 99% of the trash. Local shooting orgs clean it up every year and a couple weeks later it's trashed again.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Good!

Idiots that leave trash everywhere SHOULD have their asses kicked.

Heck, we've people in the gun club that do stuff like on the range!

Slobs suck.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:18:33 AM EDT
[#16]
As an aside,

*There are a lot of retards that shoot there.

One time, we were shooting and a car of locos drove by on the road above and shot downrange over our heads, whilst hanging out of the car windows.

I briefly considered returning fire.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The checkpoint thing is bullshit. People need to pick up their shit.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:23:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What's the problem with this?

we have an awesome pit that used to be right off the road near where I lived. Too many backwoods retarded fucking hicks brought couches, TV's and old cars there. . . got to the point where we couldn't clean it up fast enough and they shut it down.. . . . . . rinse and repeate

I live pretty deep in the woods already and I still have to drive 25 minutes to find a good spot to target shoot.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

"Don't be an ass...POLICE YOUR BRASS!!"

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:24:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Why are there National Forest Service checkpoints in Arizona?  Are there any actual forest areas there?

"National Forest" doesn't always mean forest, just jurisdiction/method of controlling federally controlled land.

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#21]
My semi-local semi-private trust land got shut down this year. Even though the leaseholder gave permission, BLM or Forestry or whatever ABC agency shut it down. Been shooting there for 15 years and friends have been shooting there for 30. We always clean up our crap and love people who leave brass. My buddy collects it, processes it and sells it at the gun shows.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

"National Forest" doesn't always mean forest, just jurisdiction/method of controlling federally controlled land.  

There are vast forests in az though.

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:30:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

10/22 shooters

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#24]
People trash those places, I mean fucking trash them TV's, couches, old furniture, you name it, it's out there.

I've shot there a few times, first place I took my wife even but I always hated going there. There are a few places that people shoot and just trash them bad and it pisses off a lot of us.  Myself and a buddy would spend 10-20 minutes picking up other peoples trash an brass/steel/hulls when ever we go to certain spots.

Me and my brother got kicked out of a few places once by LEO and once by AZGF, both areas were State Trust and we really weren't suppose to shoot there but had people not trashed those areas nobody would GAF...

Places like Reddington and others start to resemble illegal dumping more then shooting areas. Gives us all a bad name.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My semi-local semi-private trust land got shut down this year. Even though the leaseholder gave permission, BLM or Forestry or whatever ABC agency shut it down. Been shooting there for 15 years and friends have been shooting there for 30. We always clean up our crap and love people who leave brass. My buddy collects it, processes it and sells it at the gun shows.

The Pit off I10?

Got ran out of there once by AZGF...

I always cleaned up my shit but couldn't carry out the book cases people would bring out...
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where's the harassment?  You should change your thread title to "Littering Policy Enforced at Redington Pass Checkpoint"

Amen.

Litterers make me insanely mad, to the point that I fantasize about catching the shitheads and shooting them in the fucking face and leaving their body laying on top of their trash pile

I HAAAAAATE litterbugs.

I end up coming out of the woods on my hunting trips with my pack full of other peoples trash. Makes me sick and angry.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:39:30 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Steel case shooters.

Not too suprisingly, the people who most often shoot steel case ammo, are also fans of the Insane Clown Posse, and as such, are predisposed to not understand the principles of how magnets work.

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#28]
We try to pick up thel trash from our one shooting area and haul it to the dump.  Lot of good it does...........next time we go the #%^#%%# ing people who use the place have brought in propane tanks, refrigerators, old doors etc and leave every piece of trash they brought in.  If we had a bulldozer permanently parked there, we would need to use it once a week to clean up the area.  
Our ethic in Alaska was " if you take it in, take it out!"
I hate LEOs getting involved, but the jerks who create the mess bring it upon us all.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't have a problem with that,  here they just close places off and it ruines it for everyone.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

At my elevation and not far from my house it looks like this.

A thirty minute drive from my house it looks like this.

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:44:02 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are vast forests in az though.

I know.

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Good. I javalina hunt in that area, I hate coming across trash out there.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:44:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:45:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm pretty ok with making shooters pick up their casings on public property.  

Same here.

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:58:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 11:00:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should go to Show Low AZ in Dec. Only bring shorts and tank tops. It's a desert after all.

LOL Wore shorts and a tank top camping in the White Mts in August and froze my ass of in the morning.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 11:03:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Checkpoint?
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 11:04:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

reminding shooters to pick up their trash.

A slippery slope indeeed.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t have a problem with this.

Me either... Sometimes shooters are our own worst enemy.  Non-shooters go to these areas, see the mess and immediatly get a negative impression of the gun culture.  Police up your shit!!!
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Having done a mass clean up at Reddington pass and seeing the tons of shot up crap we pulled out of there, all I can say is GOOD!!!!

Fuck yes, we need to be taught to clean up our shit.

This.  We did an AzHTF Shoot back in '06ish and we hauled out about 20 huge bags of trash.  Not kidding.  We could've taken more, but we only had so much space.

-SleeperShooter
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#42]
As for harassment, there is one forest service ranger in particular who is a DICK when it comes to shooters.  His area covers Reddington, Rosemont Canyon, Empire Ranch and Gardner Canyon.
He's an older hippie looking jackass with a long, gray ponytail and I have run into him in all those areas over the last couple of years.
He makes it very clear he doesn't like shooters or ATV riders and treats you like a criminal even though you have done nothing illegal.  He threatens you with fines, tickets and weapons/ATV confiscation.
He's a jackass.
However, last time we ran into him we were with a friend who is an ICE agent here and things went a bit differently.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#44]
good, people need to pick up their fucking trash
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Sounds more like they were doing their job efficiently, instead of ignoring a problem, or running around handing out tickets.    

or closing off the area to shooting
that has happened here in areas that idiots turned into garbage dumps
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm a dirt shooter and see that crap all the time.  It's only a matter of time before the NF becomes off limits to shooting.

I see the same thing backpacking in the national forests.  Old tents, styrofoam coolers, sleeping bags, torn clothing, tin cans, I even found a fucking toilet seat once at least 10 miles from the nearest road.  I'm convinced most people do not know how to clean up after themselves.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 11:34:58 AM EDT
[#47]
There are absolutely zero forests in AZ, and anybody that disagrees is obviously lying. 100% of the state is desert. Cactus, thorny shrubs, and venomous snakes.

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 11:36:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see the same thing backpacking in the national forests.  Old tents, styrofoam coolers, sleeping bags, torn clothing, tin cans, I even found a fucking toilet seat once at least 10 miles from the nearest road.  I'm convinced most people do not know how to clean up after themselves.

Seen shit like that on top of desolate mountain tops in very rough terrain while hunting. My only thought was illegals....
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
There are absolutely zero forests in AZ, and anybody that disagrees is obviously lying. 100% of the state is desert. Cactus, thorny shrubs, and venomous snakes.

And it's always 110 degrees, so stay away....danger....
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And it's always 110 degrees, so stay away....danger....

Or just wear shorts and T-shirts. They're great in Dec-Jan
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top