Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I thought it read ARFCOMS top general.  
Glad I wasn't the only one.

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/37144547/Interesting-Rumor-Concerning-General-Carter-Ham-and-Stand-Down-Order.aspx

Interesting Rumor Concerning General Carter Ham and Stand Down Order   (Posted on 10/26/12 at 9:45 p.m.)

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
I heard a story today from someone inside the military that I trust entirely. The story was in reference to General Ham that Panetta referenced in the quote below.

quote:

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
"(The) basic principle is that you don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on; without having some real-time information about what's taking place," Panetta told Pentagon reporters. "And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation."

The information I heard today was that General Ham as head of Africom received the same e-mails the White House received requesting help/support as the attack was taking place. General Ham immediately had a rapid response unit ready and communicated to the Pentagon that he had a unit ready.

General Ham then received the order to stand down. His response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow. Within 30 seconds to a minute after making the move to respond, his second in command apprehended General Ham and told him that he was now relieved of his command.

The story continues that now General Rodiguez would take General Ham's place as the head of Africon.

I found this story when I got home after hearing this story.

quote:

President Barack Obama will nominate Army Gen. David Rodriguez to succeed Gen. Carter Ham as commander of U.S. Africa Command and Marine Lt. Gen. John Paxton to succeed Gen. Joseph Dunford as assistant commandant of the Marine Corps, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta announced Thursday.

General Rodigues Nominated as Head of Africon

As I was typing this I heard John Bolton on Greta say that there are conflicting reports of General Ham's comments on this tragedy and why a rapid response unit was not deployed. Bolton says someone needs to find out what Ham was saying on 9/11/12.

Interesting to say the least.

Whoa if true this will destroy the Obama admin *if* the general fight it. This would be a good place for Sen McCain or Grhamn to step in.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:28:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I got a little excited I'm not going to lie.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:29:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

This.

I thought it was an REMF thread

Speed

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:32:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:32:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#10]
If this is true, I can't imagine that he will go quietly.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I hope he doesn't.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:39:23 AM EDT
[#12]
FUCK Obama
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:39:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ed Sr or the General?
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#14]
still rumor though, could be a bunch of BS, or could be true, all we need now is a radioactive isotope, and an observer.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:40:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Sheesh. More fuel to the fire. OP did you put this in the big thread from yesterday?
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#16]
He is being replaced, that part at least seems true.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/18/world/africa/africa-command/index.html
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:41:01 AM EDT
[#17]
This keeps getting deeper and deeper.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Best thing for the USA is for Gen. Ham to retire and then speak the truth.  Shine the light on the rats in DC.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

General Ham then received the order to stand down. His response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow. Within 30 seconds to a minute after making the move to respond, his second in command apprehended General Ham and told him that he was now relieved of his command.

[/quote]

Thirty seconds to a minute sounds fishy to me. I'm sorry but this reeks of internet lore, rumor, innuendo, and speculation. I'm not buying it especially coming from an unnamed source that's connected. I could be wrong and if I am my opinion will change but right now I'm calling bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:44:05 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheesh. More fuel to the fire. OP did you put this in the big thread from yesterday?

No I didn't.  Please feel free to do so!

it's already there

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:46:07 AM EDT
[#22]
I wish that the current crop of generals and admirals have the guts to pull something like the "Revolt of the Admirals" but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

As you were.  I'll be in the area all day.

Carry on!

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#24]
I dont think Tom Clancy could have written a better novel!
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:47:54 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't be silly people!

It will be a cold day in Hell before anybody relieves Ed Sr!!!!!!

Well you had me worried. I also read it as ARFCOM, and thought WTF??????

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No shit.  Clear & Present Danger: Libya
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 9:53:27 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.  Clear & Present Danger: Libya

I've been thinking the same since day one.  Damn scary.

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 10:00:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 10:00:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't be silly people!

It will be a cold day in Hell before anybody relieves Ed Sr!!!!!!

Well you had me worried. I also read it as ARFCOM, and thought WTF??????

Clearly this would have been a time that the Reserve Moderator Corps would have been activated.

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#30]
This serious thread needs a title change to remove the ambiguity.

President Obama has declined to answer directly whether a CIA annex was denied urgent requests for military assistance during the deadly attacks last month on U.S. outposts in Libya.

The president said neither yes or no Friday when asked pointedly whether the Americans under attack in Benghazi, Libya, were denied requests for help during the attack.

Fox News has learned from sources on the ground during the Sept. 11 attacks that the CIA chain of command twice told agency operatives to “stand down.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/27/obama-avoids-question-on-whether-americans-in-libya-were-denied-requests-for/#ixzz2AWe0gLzd
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 10:30:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As you were.  I'll be in the area all day.

Carry on!

I lold

I saw a major roll in behind a USMC COL (P) and say that. Apparently, the COL wasn't amused.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 10:40:47 AM EDT
[#32]
I am sure Ham's investigation and clean up after General Ward wasn't appreciated either.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 10:40:51 AM EDT
[#33]
this just keeps getting "better"

on a side note, does Ed Sr's car have the flags up front with 4 BFLs all the time, or only during official occasions?

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 10:44:16 AM EDT
[#34]
This is the worst/largest government scandal I've ever seen, it's even worse than F&F (which was downright evil) and it's happening right at election time.  And the scandal is directly attributable to the unbelievably bad judgement and amateurishness of the President.  If he gets re-elected we are doomed.

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Interesting.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 10:53:03 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm hoping he starts talking.

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm hoping he starts talking.  

I think that depends on what they offer him as an alternative.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 10:59:21 AM EDT
[#38]
[/quote]

Whoa if true this will destroy the Obama admin *if* the general fight it. This would be a good place for Sen McCain or Grhamn to step in.[/quote]

No way. Anything they do just keeps slipping by. Noone is doing anything. They will not be held responsible. Obama talks out of his ass saying oh Im ultimately responsible and I put it all on my shoulders. Then when something happens this assclown makes excuses and evades the questions or calls people liars. This shit is way out of control!
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 11:00:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ed Sr or the General?

Just do what the other staffers do to Ed Sr.......................just wait till he's napping and then cart him off.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Whoa if true this will destroy the Obama admin *if* the general fight it. This would be a good place for Sen McCain or Grhamn to step in.

You must have missed the story about the boy who cried wolf.  McCain is so busy trying to get us into a new war in Syria, blaming the U.S. for too many Libyan casualties, and other types of demented mongering that he's no longer listened to by just about anyone.

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#42]

Wow.  "inappropriate judgement"?  What would that encompass?
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 11:11:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must have missed the story about the boy who cried wolf.  McCain is so busy trying to get us into a new war in Syria, blaming the U.S. for too many Libyan casualties, and other types of demented mongering that he's no longer listened to by just about anyone.

Just keep on spewing the leftist talking points.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you seriously going to vote for Obama after this?  If so, what the hell is wrong with you?

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 11:12:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 11:13:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you seriously going to vote for Obama after this?  If so, what the hell is wrong with you?

Well according to his other thread, evangelicals are just as dangerous as fundamentalist muslim radicals.

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 11:13:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dem ducks DO quack, don't they?

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

He's a leftists.  Always has been.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 11:14:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Wow.  "inappropriate judgement"?  What would that encompass?

Vagina?
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dem ducks DO quack, don't they?

The stink of desperation on the left is obvious.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top