Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2012 2:29:27 PM EDT

I would like to do the mag safety removal and the LCI removal. I've seen mention of Sam Lamb? And TANDEMKROSS.

The aft mentioned has a web site but they don't seem to have the LCI plug. I can't find any info for Sam Lamb other then people saying to use his parts.

I'd like to get both parts in one purchases. Is that all I need, the LCI plug and hammer bushing?

Is there a one stop shop to get both parts?
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought and installed the Tandem Kross bushing. It's aluminum, well machined, and does its job. I bought it off of Amazon, and received it in half the posted shipping time. For the LCI, you could just shave down the insert.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 2:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Sam Lam bushing and Bruce Patza LCI Filler are what you're looking for.  They're produced & sold by different individuals, so you need to order them separately.

Go to rimfirecentral.com in the Mark III forum for all of their contact info.  I have both parts in my MKIII pistol and am very happy with the results.

eta:  Might as well put in a VQ sear while you've got it apart.

Link Posted: 10/22/2012 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought Tandem Kross as well. You have to press it in.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought the BAM Bushing for $15 at http://bushing.webs.com, took all of about 5 min to put it in.  You won't regret it.  I took the LCI thing off, no cost.

Loaded Chamber Indicator (LCI) Removal $free! five minute mod http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=102525&view=next
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I ended up with the VQ bushing and the LCI plug from Bruce(also got a couple of carbon blockers for the trigger as well).  No fitting required with either....
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#6]
rimfirecentral.com has tons of info on this stuff.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm a cheap bastard.  Found a washer laying around that worked out for the mag drop safety removal, and did the free removal of LCI.  Thousands of rounds, no problems
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#8]
If you want to remove the mag safety there are several ways.  

1.  You can just remove the mag safety and add 2 or 3 small 5mm stainless washers on the MKIII bushing.  
2.  You can order a Clark oversized MKII bushing and use it in the MKIII hammer with a slight visible gap in the hammer that does not affect performance.
3.  You can order a special bushing that has a built in shim for use in the MKIII hammer from Sam Lam by email at [email protected]
4.  You can order a Volquartsen MKII speed hammer and MKII bushing.
5.  You can order a Majestic Arms MK3.2 speed strip kit that comes with an original style MKII hammer and bushing.
6.  You can order a BAM bushing which is a US made copy of a Sam Lam bushing at http://bushing.webs.com/

As far as the LCI filler just contact member bpatza on Rimfire Central and he sells them for about $20.

As far as I know there is no one stop shop for both parts.  Ben's LCI thread was removed at Rimfire Central because he was just making the parts as an individual and some of the sponsors there apparently didn't appreciate it.  Now you just have to be "in the know" and contact him directly.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 4:13:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Just put a bam bushing in my 22/45, great mod.  I have very very few issues with the gun period, let alone issues from the lci, so I haven't felt the need to replace it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 4:14:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought some stainless #10 washers, drilled 2 of them out to just over the diameter of the hammer pin, and put them on the replace the mag safety.

Works like a charm.  Trigger pull is nice and crisp, mags drop free, and it runs like a top.  Total time was about 20 minutes, total money was <$3 for an entire pack of washers at Lowe's
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I got a sam lam bushing, installed like a breeze.  You also get to know how to take apart just about the entire lower part of the gun which is a good experience to see how things work.

Its $12 now shipped for the bushing.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Is there a trick to getting the Lci out? The above link doesn't work for me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 6:15:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Is there a trick to getting the Lci out? The above link doesn't work for me.

It is a metal pin.  A strong magnet helps.  I sometimes tap my upper downward onto the face of a rubber mallet to make the pin slightly come outward and then grab it with needle nose pliers.  Holding it with the pin downward and wiggling the LCI with your fingers also helps.
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 10:15:34 AM EDT
[#14]
I got the TANDEMKROSSbushing as well.  The fit couldn't have been more perfect and I am happy with the final result.

They apparently have a 304 stainless steel version as well and offer a lifetime guarantee.  A company that backs up its product?  Count me in.

Quoted:
I bought and installed the Tandem Kross bushing. It's aluminum, well machined, and does its job. I bought it off of Amazon, and received it in half the posted shipping time. For the LCI, you could just shave down the insert.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top