User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/16/2012 4:00:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I've had excellent luck with a 6" .357 Colt King Cobra. So much so actually I got a matched 1894C lever carbine to go with it. Both sit in the tree stand with me when it's in tight pines. Out to about 70ish yards the long gun does the work. If Bambi walks under me to my lower right (hard shot with the long gun from a tight stand because you are all contorted) out of the holster comes the pistol and it does the work.

Pistol works fine with 158gr soft nose. In hole. Out hole. Very few run. The carbine is awesome. Light, small, easy to carry. Great gun.

Edit: Oh and PS...I know there are those that feel that .357 isn't enough "power" compared to other larger rounds. Might be true, but shot placement is everything. Just don't try to use it like a necked cartridge rifle. Shoot it short and well; it will do fine.

People who take stupid shots tend to merely wound deer regardless of the cartridge they're using.  Some of those people don't know they fucked up and blame the lack of "knockdown power."  I've talked to people who honestly think that .30-06 isn't powerful enough to take a whitetail deer.

Link Posted: 10/16/2012 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I've had excellent luck with a 6" .357 Colt King Cobra. So much so actually I got a matched 1894C lever carbine to go with it. Both sit in the tree stand with me when it's in tight pines. Out to about 70ish yards the long gun does the work. If Bambi walks under me to my lower right (hard shot with the long gun from a tight stand because you are all contorted) out of the holster comes the pistol and it does the work.

Pistol works fine with 158gr soft nose. In hole. Out hole. Very few run. The carbine is awesome. Light, small, easy to carry. Great gun.

Edit: Oh and PS...I know there are those that feel that .357 isn't enough "power" compared to other larger rounds. Might be true, but shot placement is everything. Just don't try to use it like a necked cartridge rifle. Shoot it short and well; it will do fine.

People who take stupid shots tend to merely wound deer regardless of the cartridge they're using.  Some of those people don't know they fucked up and blame the lack of "knockdown power."  I've talked to people who honestly think that .30-06 isn't powerful enough to take a whitetail deer.

Yeah, like the ones around me who think you need 7mm mag to take a white tail.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 7:11:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A T/C in .30-30 with a suppressor and a scope would be the cat's ass

Fuck! You just added to my grail list!
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 7:45:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Just save yourself the agony and get a Ruger Blackhawk in 45LC or Super Blackhawk in .44mag or Super Redhawk .44mag.

Load up with Buffalo Bullets and go deer slaying.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 8:01:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't waste money on clumsy, heavy revolvers that are not good for anything except hunting.

Get a G20 with quality, appropriate ammo and you will have a fantastic hunting pistol that will also be a great carry piece.

16 shots of quality high performance ammo vs 6.

If necessary buy yourself a nice 6" barrel and have a ball.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 8:02:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just save yourself the agony and get a Ruger Blackhawk in 45LC or Super Blackhawk in .44mag or Super Redhawk .44mag.

Load up with Buffalo Bullets and go deer slaying.

Ordered it yesterday.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 8:11:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Amen Brother!

A friend wounded a doe and was bitching about the '06 not having enough smoke.

He came and got me to track her down as he was a fucking idiot.

I tracked her down but she was carrying her front leg ... surprise ... surprise ...

She was moving too quick for us to get close but too slow to get away.

I looked at him and said "give me that fucking thing!"

I used his gun and shot her in the ass.

The bullet exited her chest with a hole you could put your fist in.

Took out heart and lungs.

I handed him the rifle back and went home.

He came over later and apologized and has cleanly killed deer ever since as far as I know.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 8:22:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Glock 21 with 10mm conversion barrel:

(orange bases on 10mm magazines)

Results (dead deer):

Entrance wound is what you see on the neck, it penetrated nearly lengthwise, almost exiting the rear hind quarters.  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top