Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 7:35:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
i was curious how did it get put on ABC instead of college football? I thought NASCAR would be on ESPN or 2?

ABC & ESPN have the same parent company......Disney
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 7:45:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Car of tomorrow sucks balls . the big roof split-er looks retarded .  

The cost of going to a race has priced out am lot of the older hardcore fans , Remember you used to see converted school buses and rental trucks in the infield for camping, not anymore , banned rental trucks years ago and school buses at most tracks are banned as well .

It got boring , they lost touch with the youth of American and need to fix it quick.

They will not mention Smokey Yunick for the hall of fame . I am sure the hall of fame is a ego boosting money drain .

I only go if my free ticket includes hospitality otherwise I ignore it anymore
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 8:20:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Car of tomorrow sucks balls . the big roof split-er looks retarded .

The cost of going to a race has priced out am lot of the older hardcore fans , Remember you used to see converted school buses and rental trucks in the infield for camping, not anymore , banned rental trucks years ago and school buses at most tracks are banned as well .

It got boring , they lost touch with the youth of American and need to fix it quick.

They will not mention Smokey Yunick for the hall of fame . I am sure the hall of fame is a ego boosting money drain .

I only go if my free ticket includes hospitality otherwise I ignore it anymore

The hall of fame is losing money, in an effort to help prop it up NASCAR shut down the museum at Daytona that was open year round and is only open for a short period during speed week now.

Link Posted: 10/14/2012 8:31:09 AM EDT
[#4]
How about changing the rules a "little."

No more million dollar car haulers.  No more race cars that "look" like production cars if you stand on your head, squint, and turn your head at an angle.  No more speed restrictions.

One rule.  Each team shows up on Friday with $40,000.  Saturday morning each team goes to the local dealer and buys a 4 door sedan with that money. Tax, tags, title, etc.  Sunday they race the car.

People will relate to it, there will be competition, car companies will start building badass family cars that are both affordable and reliable.
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 9:11:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not just them suffering in the U.S. as attendance is down at other motorsports events as well.  

I agree.  Motorsports in general are in decline.  Only the extreme stuff (X-games style) seems to be growing at all.

F1 is still strong

I guess I was talking about American motorsports.

I can't figure out how Indy Car Racing keeps going.  NASCAR seems less relevant all the time.

The others are tiny by comparison.

F1 is getting big here. We're honing to have two GPs soon (Austin and NJ)

The smaller ones have stronger followings. They don't grow, but they never lose fans.
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 9:19:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Then they built new tracks with huge capacity when everyone was going to races back in the 90's and early 00 and now with a bad economy and ever higher prices and the tracks wanting you to pay damned near a year in advance. They have just priced their out of customers to fill those seats.

and people expect F1, which good seats cost 600+, to do well here.  when 150 gets you a shit seat when that same money isnt even being spent in NASCAR for an awesome seat, you know its doomed.

F1 isn't doing 25 races in the same country.
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#7]
WEEEW NASCAR! TURN LEFT & SHIT!

Link Posted: 10/14/2012 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#8]
My problem, and sure its others: an hour of pre race crap, that always includes, how great Jr is, was, should, could, might have been.  I feel sorry for Dale Jr., and blame the TV crews for 90% of the over expectations put on him. Darrel Waltrip makes me sick, Larry Mac, and the same technical dribble, and then state that its for the "new fans", and ones who dont know much about Nascar.

Its the same old re hash every week, the same old Boogity, boogity, boogity bulldump.  Always funny that Darrell can pick the winner of the race at the last corner for the checkers. 4 laps earlier it was someone else, because they are in the perfect postion, like he would have been.  The same old, "when I was a driver", or his expert opinion on how to drive cars that are 20+ years beyond what he could even imagine.

I enjoy any motorsports, but soo sick of Nascar on TV, due to the same old crap from the same old crew...its sooo beat to death that its stupid. DARRELL>>>>STFU! PLLLEEEEAAASSSEEE  

I no longer watch because of this.  Still keep up with it on the internet, or watch the highlights...thats all I care to see,  or mainly hear anymore.
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Overall . . . what KRPIND said

Myself personally , when Dodge returned to NASCAR in the early 2000's I was actually excited .  . . But over the years my enthusiasm drained away .

The rules , the fees , the bullshit drama .....all have soured me .

Then again , my enthusiasm has dropped on almost all forms of motor sports .

I agree that all the new rules and the Chase bullshit ruined NASCAR.  I was also pissed as hell when Toyota entered the mix.  I grew up rooting for Earnhardt.  I still remember the day he died.  If he was still alive, I would love to be able to hear his honest opinion on the state of NASCAR today.  I was really hoping to be able to be an Earnhardt Jr. fan, but he isn't even half the driver his father was.  Jimmy Johnson is a damn good racer but there is something about him that just screams @$$hole.  

I would start following other racing, but I'm getting ready to cancel cable and just start streaming with Roku, Amazon, HuluPlus and Netflix.  I've watched some other series on Speed and in person.  I don't know what the series was called, but a few years ago, I flew into Long Beach, CA and was watching a race from a parking deck.  I watched Porches, Vipers, Ferraris, and Corvettes racing each other.  That was some racing that could get my blood pumping.  I might just have to starting going down to Dinwiddie and watching stuff and the drag strip when I get the bug to see some racing.
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 10:17:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My problem, and sure its others: an hour of pre race crap, that always includes, how great Jr is, was, should, could, might have been.  I feel sorry for Dale Jr., and blame the TV crews for 90% of the over expectations put on him. Darrel Waltrip makes me sick, Larry Mac, and the same technical dribble, and then state that its for the "new fans", and ones who dont know much about Nascar.

Its the same old re hash every week, the same old Boogity, boogity, boogity bulldump.  Always funny that Darrell can pick the winner of the race at the last corner for the checkers. 4 laps earlier it was someone else, because they are in the perfect postion, like he would have been.  The same old, "when I was a driver", or his expert opinion on how to drive cars that are 20+ years beyond what he could even imagine.

I enjoy any motorsports, but soo sick of Nascar on TV, due to the same old crap from the same old crew...its sooo beat to death that its stupid. DARRELL>>>>STFU! PLLLEEEEAAASSSEEE  

I no longer watch because of this.  Still keep up with it on the internet, or watch the highlights...thats all I care to see,  or mainly hear anymore.

A Car from 20-30 years ago would eat most of the new one's for lunch.

I'll be pretty honest, I LOVED how most of the old teams would find ways to cheat to eke out another lap or two on fuel or gain a mile or two more per hour. THAT was racing, what it has become now, not so much.
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Jr. is just like Kyle Petty, except Kyle Petty's dad is still alive. If 3 were still alive, Jr. would have no fans.
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I grew up rooting for Earnhardt.  I still remember the day he died.  If he was still alive, I would love to be able to hear his honest opinion on the state of NASCAR today.

I honestly believe the day he died, NASCAR started its decline.  Earnhardt would have NEVER allowed the bullshit decisions that have driven the sport into the ground.
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
It's not just them suffering in the U.S. as attendance is down at other motorsports events as well.  

I agree.  Motorsports in general are in decline.  Only the extreme stuff (X-games style) seems to be growing at all.

F1 is still strong

I am still wondering what the Austin seats are going to look like this year, considering the cost of tickets.

ETA: Nearly sold out? YES!!!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheit, two weeks ago I tried to buy F1 tickets for the race in November. Sold out!

I would expect no less for the return of F1 to the U.S. but I was speaking of the U.S. based series suffering lack of attendance not all events in the U.S.

Link Posted: 10/14/2012 11:42:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 12:01:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I was there last night. There was a ton of people there, but if I had to guess overall the seats were only about 65-70% full. One company in my town had gotten 100  free tickets. So I wonder how many free tickets were given in total? It was OK, but I'm not big on NASCAR. Laps 10-300 were pretty boring.
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 12:07:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

thats because younger people don't give two shits about cars.
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#18]
nascar is stagnant, same old cars, same old look, same old speed all going around in a circle.
It doesn't offer anything new.

F1, Rally, Drag, off road/Baja ....FTW !!
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I’m sure most people here play video games. If you do then you know that a game gets boring after a while. This is NASCAR. It was a largely regional sport that didn’t even have every race televised for decades. Then it hit the big time sometime in the mid 90s or so.

I watched several seasons of it and I enjoyed it, but after a while I got tired of it. Nothing wrong with NASCAR, but I’ve seen all it has to offer multiple times and I have better things to do.

I think that’s where everyone is with NASCAR. NASCAR attracted all of the people who ever would be fans back in the 90s. After a few seasons people just got bored and now there are no replacement fans to attract.
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 12:33:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Allow the insallation of small arms and RPG's and i guarantee ratings will go through the roof.

Might have a hard time finding drivers though. Maybe not, who knows...

Quoted:

No more million dollar car haulers.  No more race cars that "look" like production cars if you stand on your head, squint, and turn your head at an angle.  No more speed restrictions.

One rule.  Each team shows up on Friday with $40,000.  Saturday morning each team goes to the local dealer and buys a 4 door sedan with that money. Tax, tags, title, etc.  Sunday they race the car.

People will relate to it, there will be competition, car companies will start building badass family cars that are both affordable and reliable.

I like your idea. I like mine better, but there may be room for both

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I used to love NASCAR. I've been to Bristol a bunch and Texas. But it was always really expensive. Then I spent a week at Sebring Florida for the ALMS 24 hours of Sebring a few years ago and I never looked back. Much more racing, much less expensive, more accessible drivers, way more competition. I don't know how this GRAND-AM/ALMS merger will be though. It's not looking too good, especially for the prototype cars.
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And the first time someone is seriously hurt or killed in one of those cars, NASCAR  and everyone involved in that rule change would be sued out of existence.

Vulcan94

Link Posted: 10/14/2012 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then they built new tracks with huge capacity when everyone was going to races back in the 90's and early 00 and now with a bad economy and ever higher prices and the tracks wanting you to pay damned near a year in advance. They have just priced their out of customers to fill those seats.

and people expect F1, which good seats cost 600+, to do well here.  when 150 gets you a shit seat when that same money isnt even being spent in NASCAR for an awesome seat, you know its doomed.

F1 isn't doing 25 races in the same country.

its cute that u think that it wont end up like watkins glenn or indy

Link Posted: 10/14/2012 6:17:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I didn't see it, but there was a parody movie about NASCAR  .... reckon it's having a negative impact ?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCOoO5j4lop8mFroNrGhDOv-RrbVWxkK39l_9nlpDwoiHfNL8o

It has it's moment. The only thing is I have had to explain to several friends that it's satire, not a documentary.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top