Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 11:11:54 AM EDT
[#1]
You guys are just wasting your time.....all you have to do is attach one of those fuel-line magnets and you'd get 150 mpg like I do.

You'll need one of those copper bracelets from the late 70's / early 80's that kills cancer ( the new ones don't work) so you'll live long enough to spend all the money you'll be saving on gas.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So people fall for this garbage? They are advertising everywhere so they must be selling snake oil to someone.

Quoted:
Are you guy’s seeing this add everywhere you go? Some BS about a magnetic generator. Real or real BS? Sounds like BS.

Your even entertaining the possibility just goes to show...

Thought it would make a fun topic. LOL!
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Looking at it another way.

Here in NH based on my electric bill of $600 a month and the average sunlight I would need (according to an online calculator) a 34.68Kw solar system to replace 100% of my electrical usage.

at 70w per home made panel I would need 496 of his homemade panels, at a cost for parts of $99,200 (and well over a year to build), and even at the DIY price it would take almost 14 years for the system to pay for itself (assuming it held together that long).

But I have this one weird old trick.. you see that same power company that hates that guy has all these subsidies and programs to help you build a solar installation..
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 12:01:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
in the beginning he said the video would be 3 minutes long and I am like 10 minutes in with no substance so far...

So then he's probably a Democrat...

well played, sir!
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like Dave Ramsey.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#6]
You mean the "Meet girls that will date ANYONE" ads are fake?

Link Posted: 10/8/2012 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#7]
One time I clicked on the ad that advertised, "SEE THE ONE TRICK DOCTORS HATE!!!"

It was a picture of Lindsay Lohan.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 12:23:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Or you could just buy the new light bulbs I just invented.  They last forever and never need replacing and cost the same as a normal lightbulb.  Use half the energy of a CF bulb to boot.

Hold on, I gotta go answer the door . . ..

And he just fent.  

Link Posted: 10/8/2012 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Video is also 40 min long, so there is no way anyone from GD has an attention span long enough to sit through that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#11]
looks legit..

!

Link Posted: 10/8/2012 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ok so he says I can build a 70 watt solar panel for under $200 (plus the cost of batteries, inverters etc).....

Obviously it's dark half the time = no solar, plus about half the daytime it is cloudy/raining etc so you wont get the full 70 watts, so lets say 6 hrs a day we get 60w and the other 6hrs we get 30w, meaning we get a total of 540 watt hours of electricity from one 200 dollar panel,

Divide that by 24 hours in a day makes an average of 22.5 watts output, meaning we would need 4 panels ($800 and a couple of days work) to run a 100 watt bulb continuously.

What!??!?

Full-size 200-225-watt solar modules are now wholesaling for less than $1.00 per watt. Way less. Not just the Chinese ones either (many of which are perfectly good, anyway). I know of entire PV systems (modules, racking, inverters, labor, permitting, everything) for way less than $3.00 per watt. A 70-watt panel for under $200.00 is no bargain, unless you're buying it at the hobby shop in some piecemeal fashion. This stuff has become much cheaper in the last twelve months.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
looks legit..

!

Yeah, she doesn't seem sketchy at all!
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Video is also 40 min long, so there is no way anyone from GD has an attention span long enough to sit through that.

You see, this is why if I ever invent a revolutionary piece of tech, Im going to hire the hottest chick I can find to do the presentation about it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
One time I clicked on the ad that advertised, "SEE THE ONE TRICK DOCTORS HATE!!!"

It was a picture of Lindsay Lohan.

And your computer got a virus?

I have some magnetically ionized brackets that make me not feel pain anymore...and others that improve my sense of balance.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Here in NH based on my electric bill of $600 a month and the average sunlight I would need (according to an online calculator) a 34.68Kw solar system to replace 100% of my electrical usage.

at 70w per home made panel I would need 496 of his homemade panels, at a cost for parts of $99,200 (and well over a year to build), and even at the DIY price it would take almost 14 years for the system to pay for itself (assuming it held together that long).

Are you a professional welder, or what?

I think I've had less than a half dozen electric bills over $100 since moving to OR in 2005.

I did have a gas water heater for a few years (maybe $60/month, tops) and I do have a dual-fuel stove (gas top, electric oven).

$600? FML!

Link Posted: 10/8/2012 12:56:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I've had less than a half dozen electric bills over $100 since moving to OR in 2005.

I did have a gas water heater for a few years (maybe $60/month, tops) and I do have a dual-fuel stove (gas top, electric oven).

$600? FML!

No shit-I keep my apartment at about 72* during the summer in Phoenix and my power bill hasn't been more than $220 or so. 600 bucks a month is nuts-unless NH gets hotter than 120* in the summer...
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

$600? FML!

No shit-I keep my apartment at about 72* during the summer in Phoenix and my power bill hasn't been more than $220 or so. 600 bucks a month is nuts-unless NH gets hotter than 120* in the summer...

I think he just outed his grow house.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't think it's snake oil, I think it's a bunch of DIY project plan,s and maybe parts, for off-the-grid power.   It's just marketed with a little um, flair.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 9:34:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Typical arfcom passing judgement with zero knowledge.

I got his introductory kit and built my panels. See, what he doesn't tell you in the vid is that you set up some lights over your panels. That's right. PERPETUAL. FUCKING. POWER. GENERATION.

Still working out a few kinks to keep it running.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top