Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:57:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you LEO guys saw a female squirt water on a male and then watched him strike her hard enough to make her bleed like the girl in this video, would you not arrest him?

Nope... she committed the initial offense and his act was self defense.

Do you guys even watch the video?

She was not the person who threw the water that caused the cop to react. Get it?
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:58:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you LEO guys saw a female squirt water on a male and then watched him strike her hard enough to make her bleed like the girl in this video, would you not arrest him?

I just have to point out, again, the woman did not throw anything on/at the officer w/ the righteous right hook.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:59:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me tell you the problem with that theory.  That officer didn't know who had hit him with water/liquid.  He just got the nearest likely person.  Looking at the video I'm pretty sure he's actually reacting to what someone else did, though she does appear to have sprayed something towards him earlier.

That's the problem with officer dispensed punishment, the error rate is just too damn high.  That's why we dispense punishment in a courtroom, not out on the street.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:59:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You're full of .gifs tonight, aren't ya ?

Full of something.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny thing is, the only reason this upsets GD is because it's a cop. If it had been a street vendor or say, a bartender, GD would be laughing it's collective ass off.

Because the cops are some of the few people that can beat your ass and get away with it. If some street vendor punches you and you fuck him up his buddies arent going to show up with machine guns, kill your ass, and high five about it later.

I've taken a few ass whippings from civilians. None of them were arrested.

You got any more generalizations I can shit on?

Would you deny that we instill officers with special authority and that abuse of that authority should be deplored?  Is that a generalization you'd like to shit on?

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l543/bobjonesar15/collegehumor.gif

He dispenses .gifs when he doesn't have a good answer.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Like a boss....
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Full of something.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

He dispenses .gifs when he doesn't have a good answer.

Or when I'm dealing with trolls.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Full of something.

http://www.fleetlabs.com/siteimages/products/prod_bisacodyl_enema_big.jpg

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:06:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Full of something.

http://www.fleetlabs.com/siteimages/products/prod_bisacodyl_enema_big.jpg

Looks like just the thing to fix him up. Maybe it comes in an industrial size?  
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If a cop can deck you a midst hundreds of people without anyone doing more than pulling out cameras... you get the gov you deserve.

I can't much say I disagree. But I still say the cop should have his ass fired and charged.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If a cop can deck you a midst hundreds of people without anyone doing more than pulling out cameras... you get the gov you deserve.

I can't much say I disagree. But I still say the cop should have his ass fired and charged.

I wouldn't go that far, but I'm sure the woman will allow some forgiveness when she deposits that big-ass $check$
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:12:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you know what he saw?
Lotto numbers please.

Have you even watched the video?  

He turns around and is facing her.  I guess we can assume he had his eyes closed or something so it will fit the narrative you want.

Guy your eyes and all knowing is better than mine.

I've watched the video and there is no way I can say what the white shirt saw.
You sir are one impressive person.
Could I have my lotto # now?

What? Can someone translate this for me?

Common sense would lead someone to believe that the guy would be able to see someone standing right in front of him. He is turned facing her. I don't understand why that is so hard to believe. Was she somehow magically invisible until he got hit with the water, then she magically appeared and he hones in on her?

I'm drinking so forgive the shdbhaniebhsjjj.

What I was trying to say was. Guy, your eyes and all knowing are way better than mine.

You posted that white shirt "clearly" saw the chick.
The only person who knows what he "clearly" saw is him.
By his reactions he thought he saw the girl spraying something and he was being hit by a unknown liquid.
There is no way you can know from  the video and "clearly" know what he saw. You can speculate, that's about it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't go that far, but I'm sure the woman will allow some forgiveness when she deposits that big-ass $check$

I'd go that far.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Self defense from getting wet?  So, I guess you would arrest someone for squirting another person with a kids squirt gun?

Come on, you can't be serious.

Due to cops getting piss thrown on them, beer, spit on, etc. and the DA saying the law didn't cover it, the case law expanded to include fluids. Is water fluid? Yep.

The point is it is illegal...... if you put water on my nice wool work pants, they shrink and there goes over $100. So, yes, you could get arrested for squirting someone with water
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you guys even watch the video?

She was not the person who threw the water that caused the cop to react. Get it?

Like you and the person after you, can you READ what he typed and what I responded to? It was not this case, but a general question.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:20:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

That looks like felony assault to me.  

THAT POS MFER NEEDS TO BE CHARGED AND FIRED!

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:23:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does your state have a requirement of proportionality of force in SD cases?
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Lol @ bcauz3y calling someone else a troll.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:42:02 PM EDT
[#26]
How do you restrict someone to administrative duties when his job is administrative duties??  (White shirt = high ranking officer & doesn't work the street)
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:48:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, they were probably too scared to get shot. After all she got punched for supposedly throwing water. Imagine if you said something or did something else!

There would be bodies everywhere.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Self defense from getting wet?  So, I guess you would arrest someone for squirting another person with a kids squirt gun?

Due to cops getting piss thrown on them, beer, spit on, etc. and the DA saying the law didn't cover it, the case law expanded to include fluids. Is water fluid? Yep.

The point is it is illegal...... if you put water on my nice wool work pants, they shrink and there goes over $100. So, yes, you could get arrested for squirting someone with water

Arrested, possibly
To punch a female out of anger[%|
]
No one deserves to be hit like that by a cop.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
How do you restrict someone to administrative duties when his job is administrative duties??  (White shirt = high ranking officer & doesn't work the street)

It must be mighty frustrating for a guy who's used to plying that right hook on a regular basis to be promoted to administrative duties.
He was merely indulging in an enjoyable recollection from the time when he wore a blue shirt.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, they were probably too scared to get shot. After all she got punched for supposedly throwing water. Imagine if you said something or did something else!

There would be bodies everywhere.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It must be mighty frustrating for a guy who's used to plying that right hook on a regular basis to be promoted to administrative duties.
He was merely indulging in an enjoyable recollection from the time when he wore a blue shirt.

Or since he got promoted to white shirt status, he long forgot fundamentals of policing and is now above the law.    Blew your mind didn't I?
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please tell me you aren't really a cop.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Are you talking about the guy in this video, who was obviously working the street?
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you should be subject to arrest for that.  It's at least disorderly conduct.  But, you shouldn't get hit in the head over it by an officer of the law.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you should be subject to arrest for that.  It's at least disorderly conduct.  But, you shouldn't get hit in the head over it by an officer of the law.

I guess you're right.  I still don't think anyone who would defend what the cop in this video did has any business being a cop.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I guess you're right.  I still don't think anyone who would defend what the cop in this video did has any business being a cop.

Who is defending the guy? I am responding to a general question, which has nothing to do with the video.

Good thing, for her, there was a video.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#39]
She's a POS. The cop is a bigger POS.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is defending the guy? I am responding to a general question, which has nothing to do with the video.

Good thing, for her, there was a video.

And your response to my question about taking a man to jail, because he hit a woman, is why I think you have no business being a cop.

If you actually believe a man punching a woman, because she squirted him with water, is self defense, there is something very wrong inside you.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 8:10:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And your response to my question about taking a man to jail, because he hit a woman, is why I think you have no business being a cop.

If you actually believe a man punching a woman, because she squirted him with water, is self defense, there is something very wrong inside you.

So, wait one second. You would rather have the police enforce the law, at their will and use discretion?? The point is it meets the requirements of the law. That is the point, nothing else.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 8:20:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, wait one second. You would rather have the police enforce the law, at their will and use discretion?? The point is it meets the requirements of the law. That is the point, nothing else.

Because there was no way to 'enforce the law', other than punching her.

How about enforcing the law on the fellow in the white shirt who assaulted the woman? No?

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#43]
I love GD! How did I miss this wonderful thread!?

Having said that, I hate getting stuff thrown at me, but usually know enough to duck and my hopefully appropriate responses. Now, catching up to her and detaining her to ascertain what it was she threw/projected would be my course of action, cold cocking her and knocking her to the ground is unwarranted and constitutes an assault IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cops were making a arrest and she, and others, are attempting to interfere, incite, or lynch, the suspect.  Fuck her.
John
So shooting her would have been cool too? That punch would be considered deadly force if done to the cop or from one private citizen to another. If the officer's problem solving abilities and propensity for violence are on the level shown on the video he isn't fit to work in contact with the public, much less be a cop.
ETA: Charge her with disorderly, malicious mischief, interference with LEOs, or disturbing the peace. Walking up to her when she isn't combative or resisting and punching her in the back of the head with enough force to knock her down is not the correct answer. If it wasn't a cop in uniform most of us would clear leather after observing that.

On what fucking planet?

You don't consider a punch to the head by an able bodied adult male to be deadly force?
Misdemeanor assault.

Not according to the DA's Office I dealt with.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:07:59 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cops were making a arrest and she, and others, are attempting to interfere, incite, or lynch, the suspect. Fuck her.

John

So shooting her would have been cool too? That punch would be considered deadly force if done to the cop or from one private citizen to another. If the officer's problem solving abilities and propensity for violence are on the level shown on the video he isn't fit to work in contact with the public, much less be a cop.

ETA: Charge her with disorderly, malicious mischief, interference with LEOs, or disturbing the peace. Walking up to her when she isn't combative or resisting and punching her in the back of the head with enough force to knock her down is not the correct answer. If it wasn't a cop in uniform most of us would clear leather after observing that.

On what fucking planet?

You don't consider a punch to the head by an able bodied adult male to be deadly force?

Misdemeanor assault.

Not according to the DA's Office I dealt with.

Ya but keep in mind, the conversation at the DA went something like:

Underling: An officer was assaulted!

DA: Good God, get the bear pits ready!

Underling: It was Extorris.

DA: Oh. Well, lets go get some burgers instead.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Ya but keep in mind, the conversation at the DA went something like:
Underling: An officer was assaulted!
DA: Good God, get the bear pits ready!
Underling: It was Extorris.
DA: Oh. Well, lets go get some burgers instead.

More like "Well that's part of your job, Decline Prosecution"
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I don't know why anything around here surprises me any more, but I really didn't expect to see people condoning violence against women in here.

That's pretty fucked up.

"That's no Lady".

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 3:29:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 3:46:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arrested, possibly
To punch a female out of anger[%|
]
No one deserves to be hit like that by a cop.

I'm not going that far, but this incident definately didn't rate it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 4:40:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love GD! How did I miss this wonderful thread!?

Having said that, I hate getting stuff thrown at me, but usually know enough to duck and my hopefully appropriate responses. Now, catching up to her and detaining her to ascertain what it was she threw/projected would be my course of action, cold cocking her and knocking her to the ground is unwarranted and constitutes an assault IMHO.

Oh no... you just crossed the Thin Blue Line.  

You realize now that backup will be "detained" when you need it most, promotions will be non-existent and you will be forced to take a lowly position with Internal Affairs right?

Except now, he's the man in charge of Internal Affair's department
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top