User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can only comment on where I work.

Punching someone in the face is usually a misdemeanor, unless it causes serious injury such which is extremely rare.  Whoever thinks a face punch is deadly force really gets a from me.  If I shot everyone who tried to punch me in the face I'd be fired and would really need to stock up on ammo...

As far as face punches, good to go at my department.

As far as throwing water on someone that would be a battery.  Do it to a cop and its going to be seen as assaultive behavior and a face punch, taser or baton is going to be appropriate.  

Would i handle it that way?  I dont know i didn't watch the video, but if its a rowdy group and you need to take someone down quick im not going to fault the officer.

Un-fucking real.  

They're out there, and some have badges.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 11:59:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 12:01:59 PM EDT
[#3]

The woman who was hit is Aida Gusman, a 39-year-old mother of three from Chester, Pa.    

Action News has learned that Gusman was taken into custody on a
disorderly conduct charge for throwing beer on police and was released.
Gusman told Action News she went back to the party to reunite with her
children.

Gusman denies throwing anything at police and says he had no idea why she was punched.

Lt. Josey has been removed from street duty pending an Internal Affairs investigation.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 12:05:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How do you know what he saw?
Lotto numbers please.

Have you even watched the video?  

He turns around and is facing her.  I guess we can assume he had his eyes closed or something so it will fit the narrative you want.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 12:25:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, i'm just saying i respond to about 4 fight calls a shift.  Knock on wood never seen one die.  Its very rare.

I could find articles about people being killed with pellet guns doesn't mean its realistic.

You take people as you find them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
BTW, this video is why someone should work rear security.

Police monkeys.

http://i49.tinypic.com/11957hw.gif

Why not Chimps?   They'll give bath salt users competition on the face eating market.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why don't you tell us the best way to deck a woman?

I've found a closed fist works pretty good.

Quoted:
Reading is for faggots.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny thing is, the only reason this upsets GD is because it's a cop. If it had been a street vendor or say, a bartender, GD would be laughing it's collective ass off.

That's BS.

http://guidosblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/guidos-and-guidettes-snooki-getting-punched.gif
Not a single fuck was given

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 12:56:09 PM EDT
[#9]
So let me check my understanding of where we are. Would it be fair to say that if a lady is to invite the man into her life, she better have sammich ready for him?
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Funny thing is, the only reason this upsets GD is because it's a cop. If it had been a street vendor or say, a bartender, GD would be laughing it's collective ass off.

Because the cops are some of the few people that can beat your ass and get away with it. If some street vendor punches you and you fuck him up his buddies arent going to show up with machine guns, kill your ass, and high five about it later.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 12:59:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because the cops are some of the few people that can beat your ass and get away with it. If some street vendor punches you and you fuck him up his buddies arent going to show up with machine guns, kill your ass, and high five about it later.

I've taken a few ass whippings from civilians. None of them were arrested.

You got any more generalizations I can shit on?

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Should have been hacking them like a mofo.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cops were making a arrest and she, and others, are attempting to interfere, incite, or lynch, the suspect.  Fuck her.

John

So shooting her would have been cool too? That punch would be considered deadly force if done to the cop or from one private citizen to another. If the officer's problem solving abilities and propensity for violence are on the level shown on the video he isn't fit to work in contact with the public, much less be a cop.

ETA: Charge her with disorderly, malicious mischief, interference with LEOs, or disturbing the peace. Walking up to her when she isn't combative or resisting and punching her in the back of the head with enough force to knock her down is not the correct answer. If it wasn't a cop in uniform most of us would clear leather after observing that.

On what fucking planet?

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 1:08:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You are leaving out the fact that you paid good money for those.

Also I don't think the term "ass whipping" is commonly used for a stiff spanking with a horse crop.

You and your ball supplier will have to work out a more proper nomenclature for your shenanigans.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

In uniform acting in an official capacity like this guy?
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 1:10:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also I don't think the term "ass whipping" is commonly used for a stiff spanking with a horse crop.

You and your ball supplier will have to work out a more proper nomenclature for your shenanigans.  

Well played sir!

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Hard charger.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 1:16:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's simple really; if you want to be treated like a woman, act like one.

Otherwise take a beating?

Actions have consequences.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 1:16:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I knew it. It always becomes a poop thread in the end.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 1:16:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That punch would be considered deadly force if done to the cop or from one private citizen to another.

It wasn't even considered misdemeanor assault by the DA's Office when I was smashed in the eye with a very large padlock almost costing me my vision.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

Then how in the world does that relate to my point or apply to this situation?
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 1:21:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip>

Because I know guys that aren't cops that have gotten away with it.

You said:

Because the cops are some of the few people that can beat your ass and get away with it.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 1:23:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the best we have for cop hate on a Monday morning?

Lame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTfLGtHGWaI&feature=related Happy now? I loled at 1:20.

Most of those are criminals wearing badges and not worthy of being called LEO's. Even more justification to never invite the man into your life.

The TBL makes sure that they in fact ARE called 'LEOs', rather than 'suspects'.

This thread provides ample proof of that.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#25]
It seems so simple and easy till some guy with a badge bust the crap out of your little girl, or your wife, or your mom, or your grandma.  Or some other poor person who didn't really deserve the level of instant punishment meted out by the badge wearing SOB who has been taught that wearing the badge gives him the "right" to take what ever action he feels he is entitled to and the knowledge that he will have not only the support of his fellow badge wearers but also the courts and some people in the general population who are also incapable of discerning the difference between smacking a hand and cutting it off.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cops were making a arrest and she, and others, are attempting to interfere, incite, or lynch, the suspect.  Fuck her.

John

So shooting her would have been cool too? That punch would be considered deadly force if done to the cop or from one private citizen to another. If the officer's problem solving abilities and propensity for violence are on the level shown on the video he isn't fit to work in contact with the public, much less be a cop.

ETA: Charge her with disorderly, malicious mischief, interference with LEOs, or disturbing the peace. Walking up to her when she isn't combative or resisting and punching her in the back of the head with enough force to knock her down is not the correct answer. If it wasn't a cop in uniform most of us would clear leather after observing that.

On what fucking planet?

You don't consider a punch to the head by an able bodied adult male to be deadly force?

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#27]
I used to wonder where they were gonna find all of the officers needed when the roundup takes place
to usher the NWO in, but recently it's come to my attention that many if not most will gladly round us up.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#28]
speculation, hooray.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

John

On what fucking planet?

You don't consider a punch to the head by an able bodied adult male to be deadly force?

Yeah.  If he's hitting a small child.  Otherwise it's ridiculous.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 3:41:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I used to wonder where they were gonna find all of the officers needed when the roundup takes place

to usher the NWO in, but recently it's come to my attention that many if not most will gladly round us up.

Just do everybody a favor and shoot yourself when they come to "round you up," rather than shooting it out with the authorities.  That way, if it's a false alarm, there's no real harm done to society.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

That's BS.

http://guidosblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/guidos-and-guidettes-snooki-getting-punched.gif

Not a single fuck was given

Ouch.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 4:00:50 PM EDT
[#33]
She was from Chester?  I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a bottle of urine or some other vile liquid.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
She was from Chester?  I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a bottle of urine or some other vile liquid.    

She didn't throw any liquid on the officer, someone else did.
She just caught the hay-maker
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

speculation, hooray.

This sums up EVERY.COP.THREAD.EVAR

Well done sir.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 4:28:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

On what fucking planet?

I sure don't.  Some of us have been hit in the head by able bodied adult males quite a few times and lived to tell about it.  Maybe even managed to hit them back on their heads.

But I firmly believe the officer in this video should be fired and be charged with assault, even though he didn't actually punch her.  He struck her hard enough that she was bleeding pretty good afterward.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Ouch. That should go over well.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

John

On what fucking planet?

Misdemeanor assault.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>

Because I know guys that aren't cops that have gotten away with it.

You said:

Because the cops are some of the few people that can beat your ass and get away with it.

Now you're just being obtuse and mincing words.

I'm not even sure the point you're trying to make. Is it that people other than cops can beat someone's ass and get way with it? If so, well that's true but it's not common barring special circumstances which is why I qualified the statement with "few".  Or is it what I initially though, you're trying to say people can in fact get into altercations with police (presumably off duty by your statements) come out on top physically and legally? That in and of itself is exceptionally rare all things being equal as officers are usually given the benefit of the doubt by both their peers and the legal system, and because there statements carry more weight to say nothing of the potential for the manipulation of facts in order to protect colleagues.  

Regardless starting a fight with someone and physically or practically getting away with it is one thing. Getting away with it because your position affords you power( de jure or de facto) in the legal system and elsewhere is another.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#40]
If you LEO guys saw a female squirt water on a male and then watched him strike her hard enough to make her bleed like the girl in this video, would you not arrest him?
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lotto numbers please.

He turns around and is facing her.  I guess we can assume he had his eyes closed or something so it will fit the narrative you want.

Guy your eyes and all knowing is better than mine.

I've watched the video and there is no way I can say what the white shirt saw.
You sir are one impressive person.
Could I have my lotto # now?
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you deny that we instill officers with special authority and that abuse of that authority should be deplored?  Is that a generalization you'd like to shit on?

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lotto numbers please.

Guy your eyes and all knowing is better than mine.

I've watched the video and there is no way I can say what the white shirt saw.
You sir are one impressive person.
Could I have my lotto # now?

What? Can someone translate this for me?

Common sense would lead someone to believe that the guy would be able to see someone standing right in front of him. He is turned facing her. I don't understand why that is so hard to believe. Was she somehow magically invisible until he got hit with the water, then she magically appeared and he hones in on her?

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If you LEO guys saw a female squirt water on a male and then watched him strike her hard enough to make her bleed like the girl in this video, would you not arrest him?

Nope... she committed the initial offense and his act was self defense.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:51:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Common sense would lead someone to believe that the guy would be able to see someone standing right in front of him. He is turned facing her. I don't understand why that is so hard to believe. Was she somehow magically invisible until he got hit with the water, then she magically appeared and he hones in on her?

Like someone else said, there's most likely been a few women served up a fat lip by that guy before this broad got his attention.
He learned it from his father.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Self defense?

If you want to argue whether it was legal or justified then that's a different matter. But to call it an act of self defense... that's simply ludicrous.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Self defense from getting wet?  So, I guess you would arrest someone for squirting another person with a kids squirt gun?

Come on, you can't be serious.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would you deny that we instill officers with special authority and that abuse of that authority should be deplored?  Is that a generalization you'd like to shit on?

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l543/bobjonesar15/collegehumor.gif

You're full of .gifs tonight, aren't ya ?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top