Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2012 11:49:50 AM EDT

Back in '03 he was spot on about gold, gas, and the RE crash....
http://www.wsifn.com/instantfree/flashemail_092412.htm
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 11:53:01 AM EDT
[#1]
The Israelis aren't stopping there. Using a massive EMP (electromagnetic pulse) attack, they are going to shut down Iran's electric grid and Internet. Cellphones and telephones in Iran will no longer work. Same with the water systems... lights... all radio, TV, satellite and transportation systems.

Cars, trucks, and buses will be stuck in their parking places. Unable to start, run or move. Trains and planes won't start, their electrical systems fried.

what a fucking retard
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The Israelis aren't stopping there. Using a massive EMP (electromagnetic pulse) attack, they are going to shut down Iran's electric grid and Internet. Cellphones and telephones in Iran will no longer work. Same with the water systems... lights... all radio, TV, satellite and transportation systems.

Cars, trucks, and buses will be stuck in their parking places. Unable to start, run or move. Trains and planes won't start, their electrical systems fried.

what a fucking retard

Yeah, unless the Izzys have some magic tech that makes EMP WAY more effective than testing has shown, this is bunk. I don't remember who did it but one of the "educationial" channels actually hauled some cars out to a testing facillity and hit them with some crazy powerful pulses and the damn things started up every time.

Power grids are very vulnerable though.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 11:58:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe the Israelis would wait until after the election in the hope that they might get a more friendly U.S. ally in the White House.  So nothing until after the election.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 11:58:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

what a fucking retard

Yeah, unless the Izzys have some magic tech that makes EMP WAY more effective than testing has shown, this is bunk. I don't remember who did it but one of the "educationial" channels actually hauled some cars out to a testing facillity and hit them with some crazy powerful pulses and the damn things started up every time.

I read a documentary on this kind of stuff, called One Second After.  Go ahead and laugh it up you two.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I believe the Israelis would wait until after the election in the hope that they might get a more friendly U.S. ally in the White House.  So nothing until after the election.  

The opposite might be true in order to influence the election.  Isreal knows they will be hurting if Obama wins another term.

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 12:02:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

what a fucking retard

This! If the guy is as far off on other predictions I'd keep my  money in my pocket if I were you.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 12:03:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what a fucking retard

I read a documentary on this kind of stuff, called One Second After.  Go ahead and laugh it up you two.

News flash! One Second After had many tech things wrong besides the EMP effects.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

what a fucking retard

Doesn't the same thing that makes power grids vulnerable, make cellular towers and radio antennas vulnerable to EMP as well?
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 12:08:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what a fucking retard

News flash! One Second After had many tech things wrong besides the EMP effects.

I know....there is no icon for sarcasm...

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 12:21:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

what a fucking retard

Good book.

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 12:24:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I refuse to get into another HEMP argument.  I'll just leave this here:  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_pulse#Practical_considerations_for_nuclear_EMP

Feel free to argue your brains out.

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#12]
A bit of inflammatory rhetoric in there if you asked me.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 12:39:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 12:53:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what a fucking retard

The way to make it more effective is to use conventional explosive EMP weapons that instead of using a nuke blast to just spam EMP all over, is to use a conventional explosive to crush/collapse a highly charged coil. A.k.a. a Explosively Pumped Flux Compression Generator. They're only good for a city, or even just a few blocks of one, but if you've got good intel, and  it's the right few blocks they could be just as effective, and without the geopolitical ramifications of "going nuke" first.

Of course being conventional explosives, and whatever sort of coil you can pack into a reasonable sized bomb that can be deployed from a strike aircraft, they're way less powerful, but you can put them exactly where you want them, and a LOT closer to the desired target.

And then there's no need for EMP at all, the carbon fiber strand bombs we used in the Gulf Wars to disable certain power grids worked quite well. No power, backup systems can't run forever, and even less if certain key infrastructure is damaged in conventional attacks at the same time.  Pressure wash the lines down, and then re-energize them, and the wind just blows a loose strand back over again and, "ZZZT!".

If we've not sold the Israeli's either of these systems, I'm willing to bet either or both of them are within their technical grasp. Both take lots of "rocket science" but aren't as hard overall as actual nuclear weapons IMO.

WTF is a carbon fiber strand bomb?
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 6:11:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 6:15:04 AM EDT
[#16]
EMP ... airstrikes ... sharp sticks ... whatever. I just want one of them to skin their smokewagon and get started already, I'm sick of hearing all this posturing and threatening from both sides, while Obongo stands there trying to decide which side he's on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top