Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2012 6:06:32 AM EDT
I have evidently worn the insoles of my workboots out.  I wear Redwings for at least 8 hours a day working on concrete in the locomotive parts storeroom and walking the ballast of a RR yard.  I have worn the copper Superfeet industrial insoles for about 9 months, but now my feet hurt literally the moment the hit the floor in the morning, so I'm reckoning they are worn out.  I'm ok with buying another set, but if there's something else better out there, I'd love to know about it.

What is everyone using or recommending?
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 6:08:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Dr Scholl's Gel.

I'm Gellin'.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 6:08:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Dr. Scholls inserts from wacky mart..Gel, full length. $11/$12 or so. On my second set in my work shoes. No complaints.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 6:24:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I have evidently worn the insoles of my workboots out.  I wear Redwings for at least 8 hours a day working on concrete in the locomotive parts storeroom and walking the ballast of a RR yard.  I have worn the copper Superfeet industrial insoles for about 9 months, but now my feet hurt literally the moment the hit the floor in the morning, so I'm reckoning they are worn out.  I'm ok with buying another set, but if there's something else better out there, I'd love to know about it.

I'd stick with superfeet or similar.  $35 superfeet that last 9 months....or $12 gels that fall apart in a month?  Using SF greens in my redwings for almost 2 years.  On my second pair.  Have another pair in some Danners that I wear occasionally, going on 1.5 years.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 6:30:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I spend a lot of time on my feet during the day, size 14 foot and have a high arch. I've tried a few different brands and found Superfeet insoles (the green ones) work for me. They're deeply cupped and really stabilize the heel of my foot inside my boots and shoes. They're not cheap but do last a long time.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 6:40:11 AM EDT
[#5]
The copper inserts are low. I'd try the blue or green and see if those are comfortable. I rarely sell copper.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 7:00:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd stick with superfeet or similar.  $35 superfeet that last 9 months....or $12 gels that fall apart in a month?  Using SF greens in my redwings for almost 2 years.  On my second pair.  Have another pair in some Danners that I wear occasionally, going on 1.5 years.  

my $12 gels last 6 months. I wear them 5 days a week, 6:00 to 5:00. I'll add I do both office and in the shop work so...someone working a little more physical than me might not get the same milage.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 7:27:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The copper inserts are low. I'd try the blue or green and see if those are comfortable. I rarely sell copper.

Interesting.  I've used greens in my combat boots (when I was in and on deployment) and hiking boots for years, but was advised at the store that coppers were better for an industrial setting because they were somewhat padded.  They were also $50+ versus the $35 for the greens.

I guess I'll go back to the greens then.  They've never failed me in the past.

Thanks for the advice!
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 8:29:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.  I've used greens in my combat boots (when I was in and on deployment) and hiking boots for years, but was advised at the store that coppers were better for an industrial setting because they were somewhat padded.  They were also $50+ versus the $35 for the greens.

I guess I'll go back to the greens then.  They've never failed me in the past.

Thanks for the advice!

The blues have a bit of padding, but if you've had greens before I'd continue to use those.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 8:33:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Superfeet in my danner army boots, and PT shoes stopped just about all of my foot/lower leg problems. I'll never use anything else again.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 8:34:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I stand 8-12 hours a night, and my feet use to kill me..  When my last insoles wore out, I bought memory foam insoles and they feel so much better. I have tried Dr Scholls, and several others, but these worked the best for me.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

my $12 gels last 6 months. I wear them 5 days a week, 6:00 to 5:00. I'll add I do both office and in the shop work so...someone working a little more physical than me might not get the same milage.

I didn't have that kind of luck.  Wearing the boots 16 hours/day minimum, while on a ship, I was lucky if they weren't mushed and torn to shit by the end of the month.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Mega Comfort Personal Anti-Fatigue Mat Insoles.  You can thank me later.

Website
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:15:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm really happy with the (iirc) Dr Scholls insoles you get from the machine you stand on and it measures the pressure on your feet.
Bought a pair, threw them in, stood up and nearly creamed my pants when my back started popping, stretching, and loosening up!  Feet felt like a million bucks too, as they raised my heels a pit to move all the pressure forward to the balls of my feet.

Don't know how well they would stand up to heavy use in an industrial setting, but might be something to think about tossing in your off work footwear.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SOLE brand insoles will probably live 3x as long as Superfeet, and IMO provide better support.

Check them out... they're the same price. Fucking fantastic insoles.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone have any advice on good boot socks?  Thick soled perhaps?  I wear the bulk pack Hanes from Walmart now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top