Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 2:43:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
There will be several hardcore Elephant boys who will come and give you twisted scenarios as to how he can win. He can't. This is the worst economy in our lifetimes, gas has doubled in price, tens of millions out of work, our embassies attacked, our ambassadors killed and our flags burned....The Iranians stand poised to gain a nuclear arsenal....Healthcare is a shambles, our debt is through the roof....dramatic cuts to our military loom.....we are less than 50 days away from the election....it SHOULD be a blow out, it's not.

Romney and the R's just keep sticking their Goddamn Feet (both) in their mouths. You can't say you "don't care about 47% of the American people" In ANY fucking context and think it's going to be ok. He stuck his foot in his mouth earlier on this when he was talking about "not caring about the very poor". I don't give a shit what he MEANT, there are certain things you Don't Fucking Say, period.....and he seems incapable of learning this lesson. He may be a smart guy but he connects with people about like Mr. Smithers from the Simpsons. There is no way he's going to pull all the swing states he needs, not after this.

What a bunch of idiots. Prepare yourself and your friends and families as best you can, it's all that can be done.

Im glad Im not the only one who thinks this, the crazy thing is though....what if he does win. He is not pro gun....I dont think ether choice cares about the american people...
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
There will be several hardcore Elephant boys who will come and give you twisted scenarios as to how he can win. He can't. This is the worst economy in our lifetimes, gas has doubled in price, tens of millions out of work, our embassies attacked, our ambassadors killed and our flags burned....The Iranians stand poised to gain a nuclear arsenal....Healthcare is a shambles, our debt is through the roof....dramatic cuts to our military loom.....we are less than 50 days away from the election....it SHOULD be a blow out, it's not.

Romney and the R's just keep sticking their Goddamn Feet (both) in their mouths. You can't say you "don't care about 47% of the American people" In ANY fucking context and think it's going to be ok. He stuck his foot in his mouth earlier on this when he was talking about "not caring about the very poor". I don't give a shit what he MEANT, there are certain things you Don't Fucking Say, period.....and he seems incapable of learning this lesson. He may be a smart guy but he connects with people about like Mr. Smithers from the Simpsons. There is no way he's going to pull all the swing states he needs, not after this.

What a bunch of idiots. Prepare yourself and your friends and families as best you can, it's all that can be done.

Im glad Im not the only one who thinks this, the crazy thing is though....what if he does win. He is not pro gun....I dont think ether choice cares about the american people...

At least I know with Romney he isn't going to piss over the consitution every day and try to destroy everything America stands for to make this country some third world hole.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I usually reserve this for CRC threads, but after 7 pages of hand wringing:

Link Posted: 9/20/2012 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ultramagbrion, did you pen that poem?..............

Yessir , from my twisted little , over-caffeinated brain  

I'm with the Jarhead.  Well written.

TXL
Thanks

Link Posted: 9/20/2012 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's about the lesser of the two. As of right now Rummy, he is more gun freindly than obama.  You gonna help our cause or throw away your vote?  For the record, I dont like rummy, I HATE OBAMA, ANYBODY BUT OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#6]
We're all going to die.

Link Posted: 9/20/2012 3:21:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We're all going to die.

It's not looking good.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#8]
This is in response to Will, I wish I could disagree with you.  I always start off my posts with "I don't post much" because alot of folks here yell troll if you don't have alot of posts.  That being said I am afraid and saddend that Will is right.  I live in the illustrious state of Illinois(since 1979),  and having watched the democratic convention, where they marched out the vary people who bankrupted our state,  and the enthusiasm they were met with, was very depressing.  I thought it was important to watch the republican and democratic conventions to get a view of the political climate in the main stream media.  Folks on this board are not in the main stream, unfortunately, and thankfully if that makes any since.

I truely wish that Mitt Romney would say and do the nasty things he needs to say to combat the Chicago Obama disease.  I grew up in Utah and understand Mitt, as some of the folks on this board from Utah may as well.  He does not have a mean bone in his body and literally believes in what he is saying.  He is brilliant and would make an outstanding president.  He will never stoop to personal attacks against Obama or anyone else because it is not in his nature.  He will try to win on the facts, and sometimes says things that will be ridiculed by the main steam media as funny or completely out of touch with the desire of the government to control our lives.   If we could get the vote in the US above 50% especially in the swing states Mitt would win, I just don't think it is in the cards.

By the way I have been unemployed since 2008 and would love to get a job doing anything that a 50 plus person could do and continue to work towards that goal.  I am not complaining and blame no one,  but belive that we would be alot better off under a Romney administriation.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 3:45:58 PM EDT
[#9]
The naysayer faggotry is strong in this thread. I can't wait until this fucking election is over.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 5:51:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ryan is pro-gun.  Very much so.  

Question: would we be better off right now if McCain/Palin had been in the White House the last four years?  Hell yes.
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 6:23:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Curious to see how little Politics has changed over 40+ years?

A Lesson on how Romney will Win the Debates & the Presidency in a Landslide...History Repeating itself

Link Posted: 9/23/2012 6:30:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Most of us have been prepping since 2008

If you  haven't your a little late to the game.

Free

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/23/2012 7:11:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Question: would we be better off right now if McCain/Palin had been in the White House the last four years?  Hell yes.

Very true No dodd frank. No obamatax. No deeming co2 hazardous. etc etc.

code pink libertarians would still be pissed. Why hate economic liberty.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:34:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Most of us have been prepping since 2008

Romney and the R's just keep sticking their Goddamn Feet (both) in their mouths. You can't say you "don't care about 47% of the American people" In ANY fucking
If you  haven't your a little late to the game.

Free

Quoted:
There will be several hardcore Elephant boys who will come and give you twisted scenarios as to how he can win. He can't. This is the worst economy in our lifetimes, gas has doubled in price, tens of millions out of work, our embassies attacked, our ambassadors killed and our flags burned....The Iranians stand poised to gain a nuclear arsenal....Healthcare is a shambles, our debt is through the roof....dramatic cuts to our military loom.....we are less than 50 days away from the election....it SHOULD be a blow out, it's not. context and think it's going to be ok. He stuck his foot in his mouth earlier on this when he was talking about "not caring about the very poor". I don't give a shit what he MEANT, there are certain things you Don't Fucking Say, period.....and he seems incapable of learning this lesson. He may be a smart guy but he connects with people about like Mr. Smithers from the Simpsons. There is no way he's going to pull all the swing states he needs, not after this.

I was born into a "survivalist" family....I left the farm in 1988 and have been "prepping" on my own since then......I think I'll be ok.....
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:38:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Curious to see how little Politics has changed over 40+ years?
A Lesson on how Romney will Win the Debates & the Presidency in a Landslide...History Repeating itself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px7aRIhUkHY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9qDRZ6pSRE

Except for the fact that California was still in play and not Mexico Del Norte in 1980.....we have Ron to thank in part for that....Irony.....Do you really think Mittens will win nearly 53% of the vote in California......Quit your day job......Holy shit you are a funny guy!

This isn't 1980 and Mittens ain't the Gipper.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:52:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We're all going to die.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:01:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Guys who have argued AGAINST voting for Romney are now declaring impending doom, BECAUSE he is going to lose?

I would have thought that they would celebrate.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:13:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very true No dodd frank. No obamatax. No deeming co2 hazardous. etc etc.

code pink libertarians would still be pissed. Why hate economic liberty.

Yeah, not to mention the coal industry, the pipeline, and offshore drilling that the kenyan has screwed up...

- georgestrings

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:14:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
*yawn*

If Obama is doing so great, why is he spending money running TV ads in Connecticut?

Why is he campaigning in Wisconsin, instead of North Carolina?

Even more retarded than that is the fact the he is airing ads in TN
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:18:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Guys who have argued AGAINST voting for Romney are now declaring impending doom, BECAUSE he is going to lose?

The reason in part Obama will win IS Romney. That's not to "celebrate" an Obama win but mourn the piss poor state of the Republican party.......But that's ok, after they get done courting and then mating with the Hispanics we can be the party of Amnesty too and it will be all better.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:38:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The truth is it doesn't matter who wins, the economy won't ever recover without massive entitlement cuts that aren't going to happen.

Even if Mitt wins, his SLC Olympic magic is a paltry effort toward a $16+ Trillion Dollar deficit.

It's done.

I've got to disagree.  In researching companies to invest in, I've noticed several are posting record profits.  Now they are not using that money to expand.  They are either sitting on a ton of cash, paying down existing debt, or increasing the number of shares repurchased.  Why is that? Because their is a lot of uncertainty.  We currently have the most anti-business, anti-capitalist administration ever in the WH.  You remove the source of uncertainty and things will improve.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:44:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The naysayer faggotry is strong in this thread. I can't wait until this fucking election is over.

The legal gambling places are giving great odds if you really believe that. Put up a couple hundred bucks if it's such a done deal, after all if you really believe that its a guaranteed payoff.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:47:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The truth is it doesn't matter who wins, the economy won't ever recover without massive entitlement cuts that aren't going to happen.

Even if Mitt wins, his SLC Olympic magic is a paltry effort toward a $16+ Trillion Dollar deficit.

It's done.

I've got to disagree.  In researching companies to invest in, I've noticed several are posting record profits.  Now they are not using that money to expand.  They are either sitting on a ton of cash, paying down existing debt, or increasing the number of shares repurchased.  Why is that? Because their is a lot of uncertainty.  We currently have the most anti-business, anti-capitalist administration ever in the WH.  You remove the source of uncertainty and things will improve.

Entitlements are outpacing everything.  Even with massive economic growth, the federal budget deficit and entitlement liabilities, will require massive (biblically massive) inflation for the economy to actually become a driving force instead of sputtering in starts and fits under the enormous weight of federal spending.

The current entitlement scenario is not sustainable, rose colored glasses or not.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:56:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
sorry OP you are dead wrong.

Black churches are coming out AGAINST supporting obama and are openly calling parishoners to stay home and not vote. the welfare crowd is disgusted with him and no longer supports him to the extent they did. the youth vote is pretty much gone as well. The economy is still in the tank, nothing has been done at all to "help" those that believed in him. His voter based is not only upset, they are PISSED.

i work in obama central here. after the election every damn obama souvenier on the market was decorating peoples cubes here. almost every car had an obama bumber sticker. ALL of that is gone now. evry last bit of it. NONE of them have anything nice to say about him.

they don't support romney, but they will not vote for the kenyan. i'd wager 50% of the base that voted for him last time won't even show up at the polls this election.

This; if his traditional base doesn't show up at the polls he is toast and  as did you,unlike in 2008, I have not seen any evidence of local pro Obama sentiment this election cycle.

I do my crying the day after election day in the event of an Obama victory; personally,  I have been predicting that Romney will win by an unexpectedly wide margin.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:56:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's done.

Entitlements are outpacing everything.  Even with massive economic growth, the federal budget deficit and entitlement liabilities, will require massive (biblically massive) inflation for the economy to actually become a driving force instead of sputtering in starts and fits under the enormous weight of federal spending.

The current entitlement scenario is not sustainable, rose colored glasses or not.

The only way we "grow our way" out of this is if we are positioned like we were in the late 40's and early 50's- The only economy still standing with everyone else bombed flat and begging to buy what we have to offer. The problem with that is, everyone else has developed their economies- the Koreas, BRIC etc..... to the point that we will NEVER be the only game in town again short of Global Thermonuclear War that we somehow manage to avoid taking part in......Odds on that, yea, good luck with that....
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 6:00:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's done.

I'm not going to disagree with you.  The current entitlement trend is not sustainable long term.

There are, however, lots of folks that are forced to take govt assistance that simply don't want too.  They are victims of the Obamaconomy.

Look at these charts  http://www.trivisonno.com/food-stamps-charts

In 2007, less than 9% of the country were receiving food stamps.  Fast forward to 2011 and it is 15%

If we get folks back to work, entitlement spending will go down on its own.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 6:03:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The reason in part Obama will win IS Romney.
In the entire history of elections, when has that NOT been true?
That's not to "celebrate" an Obama win but mourn the piss poor state of the Republican party.......But that's ok, after they get done courting and then mating with the Hispanics we can be the party of Amnesty too and it will be all better.

Mating with the who?

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 6:11:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's done.

I'm not going to disagree with you.  The current entitlement trend is not sustainable long term.

There are, however, lots of folks that are forced to take govt assistance that simply don't want too.  They are victims of the Obamaconomy.

Look at these charts  http://www.trivisonno.com/food-stamps-charts

In 2007, less than 9% of the country were receiving food stamps.  Fast forward to 2011 and it is 15%

If we get folks back to work, entitlement spending will go down on its own.

Even before the rise in Food Stamps, unemployement, and related entitlements, the projection for unfunded liabilities was around $100 Trillion, that's the anchor around our necks and the only thing that can unweigh it is massive cuts in entitlements.

Getting unemployment numbers and people off food stamps is great, but it will not remove the unfunded liabilities, nor will it reduce the federal deficit at all.  Right now all income taxes collected just, if they do at all, barely make the payment on the interest of the 16T debt.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 6:13:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The reason in part Obama will win IS Romney.
In the entire history of elections, when has that NOT been true?
That's not to "celebrate" an Obama win but mourn the piss poor state of the Republican party.......But that's ok, after they get done courting and then mating with the Hispanics we can be the party of Amnesty too and it will be all better.

Mating with the who?

Well, maybe mating was too strong of a word, they just want to blow them and swallow apparently......if that will get them the votes.....As far as "Who" they are, if you don't know, the Parties certainly do because they made damn sure that a number of them were PROMINENTLY on display during their respective conventions. When these ethnic "Americans" hold their own conventions and caucuses the two candidates fall all over themselves to see who can get there first and explain how they can undermine the Rule of Law better than the other guy.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 6:44:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Look, the Republicans and the Democrats are tied at 46% and we're five weeks away from the election!   Doom!  Gloom!  BBQ!

http://www.gallup.com/poll/143243/midterm-election-landscape-points-republican-gains.aspx

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Look, the Republicans and the Democrats are tied at 46% and we're five weeks away from the election!   Doom!  Gloom!  BBQ!

http://www.gallup.com/poll/143243/midterm-election-landscape-points-republican-gains.aspx

Guys like the OP have invested much of themselves into the idea that Romney will lose.  They've tried to convince others to not support Romney against Obama.

They want to be right.  Strangely, they also recognize that being "right" spells doom for us all.  

It's a really a form of self-loathing.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 11:09:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
*yawn*

If Obama is doing so great, why is he spending money running TV ads in Connecticut?

Why is he campaigning in Wisconsin, instead of North Carolina?

Even more retarded than that is the fact the he is airing ads in TN

Hopefully that won't change things for him.  My GF's cousin and her husband live in Nashville and were big Obama supporters.  Right up until the Great Nashville Flood in 2010.

They aren't voting for him again.

LC
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 11:14:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guys like the OP have invested much of themselves into the idea that Romney will lose.  They've tried to convince others to not support Romney against Obama.

They want to be right.  Strangely, they also recognize that being "right" spells doom for us all.  

I've never told anyone not to support Romney. He sucks and I won't personally vote for him (I can afford that luxury because I live in one of the most Red States in the nation) but a vote is a matter of conscience and unlike some I won't try and strong arm people over it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've never told anyone not to support Romney. He sucks and I won't personally vote for him (I can afford that luxury because I live in one of the most Red States in the nation) but a vote is a matter of conscience and unlike some I won't try and strong arm people over it.

Oklahoma is far more red than Texas.  Even West Virginia looks better than Texas.  Sure, Texas isn't a swing state.  Still, I wouldn't be bragging.  

Conscience.  Break it down, con meaning against.  Science being demonstrable fact.  Your reason is exactly that.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oklahoma is far more red than Texas.  Even West Virginia looks better than Texas.  Sure, Texas isn't a swing state.  Still, I wouldn't be bragging.  

Conscience.  Break it down, con meaning against.  Science being demonstrable fact.  Your reason is exactly that.

Any way you look at it, my one vote will have NO effect on whether or not Texas goes to Obama in this election. I won't be voting for Romney as I cannot reconcile his stances on several issues with personal core beliefs.

As far as "breaking down" the word, it's a cute game to play but a man should do what his convictions tell him to do, not what a bunch of slobbering internet Political Scientists tell him is best.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By that logic "chili con carne" means "chili against beans."

Look up the real etymology of "conscience."

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Well, ain't you a ray of sunshine.

The problem with this type of attitude is that it tends to make people give up.  The fact is, it ain't over until we give up.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 12:17:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By that logic "chili con carne" means "chili against beans."

Look up the real etymology of "conscience."

He IS a fellow Texan.......I'm sure he thinks that's actually what it means!
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem with this type of attitude is that it tends to make people give up.  The fact is, it ain't over until we give up.

That is the goal of these types of threads.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not for me. My goal was to highlight the fact that Romney is a shitty candidate. Either that or the Republican message sucks- Which is it? The blow out should be so fucking huge it would be IMPOSSIBLE TO HIDE. It should be like Baghdad Bob with an Abrams muzzle at the back of his head saying ––-"No Americans here".

And yet no commentator will go on record and say it. Not one. Not one credible political commentator is willing to say "Candidate X is going to kick their ass".....and yet a bunch of Internet Wunderkinds will tell you it's Reagan all over again....Not only that they will get pissy if you don't fall in line and agree lockstep...
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 6:09:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, sounds like someone has a whole lot of quit in them.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not for me. My goal was to highlight the fact that Romney is a shitty candidate. Either that or the Republican message sucks- Which is it? The blow out should be so fucking huge it would be IMPOSSIBLE TO HIDE. It should be like Baghdad Bob with an Abrams muzzle at the back of his head saying ––-"No Americans here".

And yet no commentator will go on record and say it. Not one. Not one credible political commentator is willing to say "Candidate X is going to kick their ass".....and yet a bunch of Internet Wunderkinds will tell you it's Reagan all over again....Not only that they will get pissy if you don't fall in line and agree lockstep...

Still working for the re-election of Obama.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#44]
I wish I was in a position to prepare.  I am just coming off being jobless for a year so income is just now starting to come in where I dont have to worry about paying rent.  As bad as I would like to restock my beans, band aids and bullets.....its just not in the cards.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 6:45:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me where I'm wrong. Cite ONE pundit, ONE of any note that will say it's not 50-50 -at best, at this point when the Republicans should have been able to nominate a fence post and walk away with it. What do YOU attribute that to? What are the possibilities- 1. Romney sucks 2. The message sucks 3. People are stupid/socialist....4?.... If you can do anything but spout party line bullshit make an argument as to why it's not a complete blow out that is too big to hide. What would the R's need to be convincingly ahead? 50% unemployment? A Football stadium that got dirty bombed? An effective tax rate of 60%? Pictures of Biden with a Goat? Really, what the hell would it take, they should be mopping the floor with the guy. Why are reasonable people not voting for Romney or hell, AGAINST Obama in CRUSHING numbers?

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#46]
I think the Wisconsin governor re-election was a telling sign The Dems pulled out all the stops and still lost. They knew how it would set the tone for November.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 7:17:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me where I'm wrong. Cite ONE pundit, ONE of any note that will say it's not 50-50 -at best, at this point when the Republicans should have been able to nominate a fence post and walk away with it. What do YOU attribute that to? What are the possibilities- 1. Romney sucks 2. The message sucks 3. People are stupid/socialist....4?.... If you can do anything but spout party line bullshit make an argument as to why it's not a complete blow out that is too big to hide. What would the R's need to be convincingly ahead? 50% unemployment? A Football stadium that got dirty bombed? An effective tax rate of 60%? Pictures of Biden with a Goat? Really, what the hell would it take, they should be mopping the floor with the guy. Why are reasonable people not voting for Romney or hell, AGAINST Obama in CRUSHING numbers?

There are two realistic choices, Romney or Obama.

You are trying to convince people not to vote for Romney.

Everything sucks.....blah blah fucking blah.............boy, that's some message you got there.  Sounds like hysterical ranting by someone who is desperate because they know their guy if not going to get elected.

Blow out?  Because you fucking say so?  Not fucking hardly.

Why are reasonable people not voting for Romney?  I didn't realize the voting had started yet.

And yes, Obama got elected for no other reason that people being stupid.  Period.  That's it.

And spare me the horseshit that Johnson or RP would have a better chance.  That's nothing but a delusional fantasy.

You can dance all around it as much as you want, but you are working your ass off to get Obama re-elected.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#48]

Democrats are almost always oversampled in polls.  Given that, a tied result may actually mean a strong lead for Romney.

Now, having said that, there are plenty of reasons Romney may not win it in a landslide:

a) The average person is incredibly stupid, dumbed down and made docile by the government schools.

b) Most people don't understand economics.  Worse yet, some of these idiots have fanatically embraced socialism.

c) The media is overwhelmingly socialist, and actively conspires to shove leftist crap down the throats of the public. They keep praising Obama (despite four years of failure), and keep trying to make Romeny look bad.

d) Romney is not exactly a dream candidate.  He's mormon, a liberal republican, and he's got baggage from Bain Capital.

e) The big-city socialists and democratic diehards are so out of touch with reality that some of them still think Obama is a socialist rock-star Jesus.  It will have to get a lot worse before those rats desert that particular sinking ship.

f) The welfare parasites will continue to vote for the guy that keeps the gravy train coming.  That's the whole point of the welfare system.

I'm actually pretty pleased that Romney has done as well as he has.  There's still time to fuck it up before the election, but so far he hasn't made any major stumbles.  He could very easily have gone full-retard on gun control in the wake of the Batman Massacre, but instead he's sidestepped the issue neatly and it's almost forgotten now.

At this point I am cautiously optimistic for a Romney win.  Heck, I even think it might be possible for Romney to take California.  There's not a lot of love for Obama out here (and I live in the Bay Area), and I haven't seen much in the way of Obama bumperstickers or campaign saings or anything like that yet.

As a libertarian, I usually vote for the libertarian candidate, since my vote is usually worthless in California anyway.  But this year, i think there's a chance California could go republican.  California was hit hard by the recession, and things are still shitty enough to make things uncertain for Obama.  The dems I know are demoralised, the republicans are chomping at the bit, and the swing voters seem open-minded.  

It aint like 2008 when Obama was treated like the 2nd coming of JFK.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 9:06:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

At this point I am cautiously optimistic for a Romney win.  Heck, I even think it might be possible for Romney to take California.  There's not a lot of love for Obama out here (and I live in the Bay Area), and I haven't seen much in the way of Obama bumperstickers or campaign saings or anything like that yet.

As a libertarian, I usually vote for the libertarian candidate, since my vote is usually worthless in California anyway.  But this year, i think there's a chance California could go republican.  California was hit hard by the recession, and things are still shitty enough to make things uncertain for Obama.  The dems I know are demoralised, the republicans are chomping at the bit, and the swing voters seem open-minded.  

It aint like 2008 when Obama was treated like the 2nd coming of JFK.

I'm cautiously optimistic as well.  I might flat out have a heart attack if California went Republican.  I don't see it happening, but I like your optimism.

I don't think this is going to be a Reagan/Carter repeat with an absolute blowout for the Republican, but I do think Romney has a very good chance of taking this thing both in the popular and electoral vote.

Unless something crazy happens between now and then, I don't see Obama winning.

The economy is still lousy, his base is pissed off at him, the shiny novelty of "not bush" and "he's black" have worn off completely.  Other than "more free shit for the free loaders", he really doesn't have a lot to campaign on.    

Link Posted: 9/25/2012 4:06:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Are you guys seeing very many Obama/Biden yard signs?

I am not seeing many signs or new bumper stickers for Obama.

In 2008 they were everywhere.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top