[#1]

Local HD dealer has one

Not for sale though

Link Posted: 9/20/2012 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Local HD dealer has one

Not for sale though

There's one in Canada I'm actually talking to a guy about importing it down here, I have a bike he's interested in so that might happen this year.

Link Posted: 9/20/2012 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
A brief visit to the arfcom archives sure helps to put some of the stuff here in perspective.

I'll bet you found out that people who don't like loud Harleys and people who dress like Dog Chapman now didn't like them back then, and Harley owners who don't have loud bikes and don't wear costumes were butthurt and sensitive for no good reason back then too.

I'd bet if you had a Delorean and went 88 mph and landed in 2025 you'd find everyone's still the same.

Actually, it was a lot more interesting than that.

I found that people who are now self proclaimed "experts" on everything related to motorcycling were reading books and "thinking" about getting a bike a mere four years ago.  Then, they read books about it.  Finally, they graduated to wobbling around like a six year old without training wheels.

Funny thing, though.  Throughout those highly entertaining and informative threads, I never saw one person make a disparaging remark on our beginner expert's choice of motorcycle or gear.  I saw a lot of helpful tips and encouragement, especially from some of the very people that our highly esteemed expert now holds in such low regard.  Guys who have been riding and building their own bikes and living the life since the sixties and seventies are suddenly know nothing douchebags who are trying to impress people.  But they welcomed our expert to motorcycling community with open arms just four short years ago.

Yep.  Interesting indeed.  And instructive.  

I must have really gotten under your thin little skin if you're sleuthing years ago just to find out what I've done or said about motorcycles.

I have never, ever, ever claimed to be an expert. Not in this thread, not in any thread. I don't claim to be an expert on anything, frankly. What I do know, I learned and confirmed with experience or education, and what I don't know I'll freely and readily admit.

I owned motorcycles when I was a kid, and didn't know that much about them, but coming at it as an adult I learned as quickly as I could and FROM experts. Instead of repeating the same shitty experience for 20 years over and over, or riding one bike in one way recreationally at best I sought out as many bikes as I could ride, and I took classes and read everything I could. I did track days, I rode enduros, I logged over 185,000 miles in just a few years....on dirt, two-track, back roads, twisties, commuting and touring. I've owned 12 very bikes in that period. Sport bikes, dirt bikes, adventure tourers, standards, and yes even a cruiser.

I've spent more time on two wheels in 4 years devoted to becoming a proficient motorcyclist than many people do their entire lives....and I'm proud of it. I'm a pretty good rider, for how many years I've been doing it seriously...and every weekend I'm on the bike or in the garage learning even more. Expert? Nope, but I know some things.

I still have stuff to learn, but I for fuck's sure know that riding down the center of the lane is stupid, and I would have known that on day fucking ONE of my motorcycling. I know that decorative gear isn't gear. I know that a full face helmet is way better than a dew-rag. I know that low-slung, heavy bikes with raked geometry don't handle, stop or move as well as bikes designed to handle well. I know that waddling up and down the street in parade formation 6" away from your drunken buddy isn't a sound move.

If you've been riding for a lot more years than me, and riding on the double-yellows is where you are, you should be fucking ashamed.

I'm not ridiculing Harley riders, unless they fit into their own worst stereotype. When I asked for help and advice, I appreciated it....but then I wasn't asking what would make me look cool, or how high my apehangers should be, or what color of neon would light up my Busa. I was asking serious questions about motorcycling. THIS thread, captain obvious, is about people being obnoxious.

Be a grown man, and figure that out for yourself instead of running around trying to embarrass me, because I'm not gonna feel one bit bad about this thread, or any other.

It certainly is.  

Link Posted: 9/20/2012 2:52:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It certainly is.  

Oh, you poor poor dear. I'm so very sorry for confusing you with the bad people.

You need a handjob and a cookie?

Link Posted: 9/20/2012 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Loud bickering saves lives.

Link Posted: 9/20/2012 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It certainly is.  

Oh, you poor poor dear. I'm so very sorry for confusing you with the bad people.

Link Posted: 9/20/2012 3:00:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
It certainly is.  

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc413/DixieOnepercenter/surprised-obama-meme-generator-he-mad-oh-he-mad-eb52b7_zps54a274cd.jpg?t=1348180642

I spent zero calories searching your history for ammunition. Sure you aren't confused about who's worked up and who's not?

I'll ride home tonight with a smile on my face, in the sensible spot in my lane, babydoll.

Link Posted: 9/20/2012 3:05:39 PM EDT
[#9]
For all my over-sensitive motorcycling pals:

Link Posted: 9/20/2012 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#10]
The ride today is outstanding.  Smells like hunting season and Halloween.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 4:46:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Live thread live

Link Posted: 9/20/2012 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#13]

I am sure that 1 guy doesn't have a clutch left.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Here's one starring my fellow sport bike riders.

Link Posted: 9/20/2012 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#15]
pics of my "pigs"

LoGlide I built

88ci of torque

current rides:
LOUD CLUTCHES SAVE LIVES!

Link Posted: 9/20/2012 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Cool Fijjer, almost bought one. Took my daughter to the Mothman Festival last year on my Strom. Had a great time.

Link Posted: 9/20/2012 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Here's one starring my fellow sport bike riders.

http://youtu.be/f8O-eqNfWRs

Gyroscopes: How do they work?
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top