Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/12/2012 6:36:38 PM EDT
http://www.activistpost.com/2012/09/new-attack-on-2nd-amendment-obama-says.html

The Obama Administration through the Justice Department has given the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) the authority to “seize and administratively forfeit property involved in controlled-substance abuses.” In effect: those who are convicted of crimes involving alcohol and/or substance abusers will have their right to bear arms revoked.

The hell?

Came across this earlier, just wondering if anyone else had heard anything about it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck BHO
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't he abuse substances?  Maybe he should have his right to own guns (or command an army) revoked....
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#3]
They can get welfare though.

Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Does he think that he has the power to revoke rights? I thought he was a constitutional law professor.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#5]

How awkward for all of the arfcommers who agree with him.

Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]
"People with mental problems..."

Now everyone will have some type of mental problem.

Unless of course, you live south of Texas.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

They can get welfare though.  
That's all you need.

Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Beer and guns are and American tradition. Fuck Obama.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://www.activistpost.com/2012/09/new-attack-on-2nd-amendment-obama-says.html

The Obama Administration through the Justice Department has given the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) the authority to “seize and administratively forfeit property involved in controlled-substance abuses.” In effect: those who are convicted of crimes involving alcohol and/or substance abusers will have their right to bear arms revoked.

http://youtu.be/_XGSp6Hd7vM

The hell?

Came across this earlier, just wondering if anyone else had heard anything about it.

lol.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Another win for the war on drugs.

Does public drunkenness count?
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, if pot smokers can't be trusted with firearms then he needs his CIC duties revoked.

Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Better not be taking anti-depressants.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

That's every registered Democrat.

Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:46:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I think that has been the law since 1968. Nothing new.

Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:46:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well, if pot smokers can't be trusted with firearms then he needs his CIC duties revoked.

http://dailydish.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451c45669e2015391ba8d6a970b-800wi

I was going to post this.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:48:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Another win for the war on drugs.

Does public drunkenness count?

I hope not
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#17]

I guess he is going to have to turn in his nerf gun.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:50:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This is how they plan to do it. They'll have your healthcare providers claim you are mentally ill. I know alot of nurses and a few doctors and they have received new guidelines and training on spotting mental illness. I date a nurse and have dated several in the past who are still my friends, all of them own firearms and they not only told me but showed me the new regs in books about signs of mental illness.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#20]
The asshole with the key to the button isn't allowed to posess a firearm?
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:55:37 PM EDT
[#22]
He will go after the medical pot users.
Mark my words people.
Not that I care I'm just warning you guys.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Whew!! Alcohol is not on the list of controlled substances per the Controlled Substances Act
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Didn't he abuse substances?  Maybe he should have his right to own guns (or command an army) revoked....

He should have his right to hold a public office revoked.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
He will go after the medical pot users.
Mark my words people.
Not that I care I'm just warning you guys.

He already has....after he said he wouldn't.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/obamas-war-on-pot-20120216
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Just sprinkle some crack on him.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/12/2012 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#28]
So he's asking them to enforce an already existing federal law.  Oh, and many states have the same sort of law which prohibits unlawful users of controlled substances from possessing firearms.

Link Posted: 9/12/2012 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

LOL

Link Posted: 9/12/2012 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So he's asking them to enforce an already existing federal law.  Oh, and many states have the same sort of law which prohibits unlawful users of controlled substances from possessing firearms.

I was thinking the same thing, but don't interrupt the gangbang.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

OH SNAP

Link Posted: 9/12/2012 7:10:24 PM EDT
[#32]
I wonder about people who were never convicted of a crime but seek treatment once medical records become part of the national system.

As I understand it, Obamacare requires medical records to be into an electronic database that can be accessed by doctors nationally.

It wouldn't surprise me if they started using medical records to go after people who have been treated for drugs, depression, anxiety, or any other mental health issue. If they added medical history to the NICS check, they could cut off a pretty large portion of the population from owning guns. It would probably have a lot of public support if it was billed as a way to keep guns out of the hands of crazy people.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 7:10:34 PM EDT
[#33]
In the video he said a lot more than substance abuse , did any of you catch the ak47 part . I know he means every legaly owned "evil assault rifle "
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#34]
This is just "Unlawful" users, right?

Does this include those of us that are prescribed? Other than marijuana.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Don't bring your silly facts into GD...
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Dead people are sometimes still substance. Abusing their votes is substance abuse right?

FBO

My great grandmother would shit on the front step of the not so white house right now if she were still alive.

I'd bail her out and buy her breakfast too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure that's a regular cigarette.

OP should add a poll so we can see how many arfcom ears actually agree with this.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#38]
So every single person who ever had a DUI needs to have their guns taken too.

I imagine Obummer had a few brushes that should have been DUI's, as he drinks beer enough for it to be newsworthy.............
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The seize and administratively forfeit property involved in controlled-substance abuses is the new part. They can seize your guns on suspician and even if you are found not guilty you will still need to sue the government for the return of your property.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I wonder about people who were never convicted of a crime but seek treatment once medical records become part of the national system.

As I understand it, Obamacare requires medical records to be into an electronic database that can be accessed by doctors nationally.

It wouldn't surprise me if they started using medical records to go after people who have been treated for drugs, depression, anxiety, or any other mental health issue. If they added medical history to the NICS check, they could cut off a pretty large portion of the population from owning guns. It would probably have a lot of public support if it was billed as a way to keep guns out of the hands of crazy people.

Why do you think they want all those records centralized?

The more they have over you, the more control they have.

Pre-crime is what they are moving towards......just look at how we approach crime.  We make laws to try to prevent crime that has not yet happened.  I'm sorry, but that's not how it goes.  You punish people for what they do, but trying to preempt them is not going to do anything but restrict everyone's rights to such a degree that society will grind to a halt.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you think they want all those records centralized?

The more they have over you, the more control they have.

Pre-crime is what they are moving towards......just look at how we approach crime.  We make laws to try to prevent crime that has not yet happened.  I'm sorry, but that's not how it goes.  You punish people for what they do, but trying to preempt them is not going to do anything but restrict everyone's rights to such a degree that society will grind to a halt.

That's just crazy talk there. You scare me. I don't think it is a good idea for you to own firearms.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 7:50:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking the same thing, but don't interrupt the gangbang.

So I guess the video went unwatched...

Link Posted: 9/12/2012 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The seize and administratively forfeit property involved in controlled-substance abuses is the new part. They can seize your guns on suspician and even if you are found not guilty you will still need to sue the government for the return of your property.

There you go with your common sense in GD....

Link Posted: 9/12/2012 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#44]
If pot smokers can't be trusted with a gun, then maybe pot smokers can't be trusted with the entire United States military.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Whew!! Alcohol is not on the list of controlled substances per the Controlled Substances Act

Yeah, no shit. Thats nothing but some sensationalist bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, no shit. Thats nothing but some sensationalist bullshit.

Scared the hell out of alot of people here too
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#47]
So can we have all of the secret service guys that protect this jackass turn in their guns? They abuse controlled substances while in other countrys...hookers
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 8:10:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Wait...Mr. Choom gang himself wants to crack down on substance abusers?
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 8:12:00 PM EDT
[#49]
I thought this was already the case.

Obama is acting like he's creating more gun control but what he was talking about is already in effect and has been.

Link Posted: 9/12/2012 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#50]
He should know.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top