Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
She got what she wanted –– free booze.  

This and everything I've ever written in these types of threads.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 7:35:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
send her pictures of your dick...unless you have a small one.  Then find a picture of a big dick and send it to her.

Bigget dick I could find a picture of.....you're welcome!
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 7:38:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like my problem from last week...

Girls Confuse Me
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Let it chill.  Like a couple of weeks chill.  If she hasn't gotten back to you by then, shoot her a "thinkin' of moving on" text and if that goes nowhere, move on.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Let it chill.  Like a couple of weeks chill.  If she hasn't gotten back to you by then, shoot her a "thinkin' of moving on" text and if that goes nowhere, move on.

Is this a serious response? We are nothing so what would I be moving on from?
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#6]
After a night of drinking you went back to her parent's house...

Her parent's house...

That raises a question or two, but if I were you I wouldn't sweat it. Seems like those who think she got her booze and now you lose might be on to something.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 7:44:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
stop calling!!!

I called her once and haven't called her since. So I've already stopped. The question is if I should even call her again or just move on.

She's telling you she isn't interested.  It's passive aggressive but that's how women are.

Then she will call you about 8-10 months later to see "what's up?" When she doesn't have another guy to buy her beer.  This happened to me once. We had gone much farther than OP and she calls back for a booty call as I'm watching TV with my new wife, lol.

Now that I think about it, that happened two different times.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 7:46:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Act like you could care less, no contact.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 7:49:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't you just go rock climbing in mountains? or something cool like that?         you know, self imposed tests of manhood?   maybe gives you something fun to talk about & show pics of?

Maybe it would help put you as a notch cooler?   or just be yourself & you'll find the right typical gal...  there's somebody for everybody out there

Else, just build a cool old shovelhead rigid chopper?    I think everybody likes those?    be a good winter project

Link Posted: 9/9/2012 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's the thing:

It's overwhelmingly likely that she's not interested in you anymore, and your best course of action is to forget her and move on.

Knowing that, however, I would wait until next week or so and text her, "hey, I have plans to do [whatever], care to join?"

Absolutely don't have any hope of a response, but it'll only take 5 seconds, you have nothing to lose, and you might get lucky (literally and figuratively).

If/when she doesn't respond to that, disregard her and acquire currency.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#11]
it's not too late tonight for a craigslist hooker to come over - make sure it's a chick
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ok so I met a girl about a week ago and had been texting her back and forth all week. I called her on Wed. and basically told her I was taking her on a date. I took her out Friday and we were both drinking alot, which is cool because I like to drink and evidently so does she. We spent probably 3-4 hours boozing and talking. Then she suggested we go to another bar closer to her house, which we did. Had another beer and THEN she suggested we go back to her place for another beer on the porch (actually her parent's place). At this point it's like 2 in the morning, we talked and drank some more until about 3-3:30. Everything seemed good BUT I think I screwed up by not kissing her, just a hug when I left. She told me to text or call her tomorrow. The next day we had a short text conversation and I tried to call her later that night. No phone answer and no call back or text since saturday. Now I really do not want to call her again or text her if she doesn't call me back because I find it disrespectful. Should I wait a couple days and try to contact her again or just let it go?

In our society, women are taught that they are the ones who are to be respected and honored. women, on the other hand, are not taught to give that respect in return. If you were the one not returning calls, you'd be a "jerk"... but if the girl does it, it's perfectly fine.

The dating world sucks ass.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

it's not too late tonight for a craigslist hooker to come over - make sure it's a chick

Get with the times. Backpage for hookers, Craigslist for imitation crab meat.

Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ok so I met a girl about a week ago and had been texting her back and forth all week. I called her on Wed. and basically told her I was taking her on a date. I took her out Friday and we were both drinking alot, which is cool because I like to drink and evidently so does she. We spent probably 3-4 hours boozing and talking. Then she suggested we go to another bar closer to her house, which we did. Had another beer and THEN she suggested we go back to her place for another beer on the porch (actually her parent's place). At this point it's like 2 in the morning, we talked and drank some more until about 3-3:30. Everything seemed good BUT I think I screwed up by not kissing her, just a hug when I left. She told me to text or call her tomorrow. The next day we had a short text conversation and I tried to call her later that night. No phone answer and no call back or text since saturday. Now I really do not want to call her again or text her if she doesn't call me back because I find it disrespectful. Should I wait a couple days and try to contact her again or just let it go?

Not interested. Move along.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#15]
She asked you to her place for a drink?

That's consent in 47 states.

You sure you ain't sick with the gay?
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:07:58 PM EDT
[#16]
3 strikes and you're out.  

So, call a total of 3 times and space out the calls.  If you don't get a call back or anything after the third time...........forgetaboutit.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:10:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In our society, women are taught that they are the ones who are to be respected and honored. women, on the other hand, are not taught to give that respect in return. If you were the one not returning calls, you'd be a "jerk"... but if the girl does it, it's perfectly fine.

The dating world sucks ass.

Sounds about right.

I generally text once and call one. No response to either of those I move on.

No point in wasting your time. Basically if she was super interested you would know it. She would be texting first. Typically I ignore them off an on.

Say I get texted at 10am, I may send them a text around noon and say "Hey sorry I'm busy I'll text you later" then it comes to 4 or 5 and I'll attempt some talking.

You don't want to appear easy to get/not busy/boring. Although most of the time I am actually busy.

Even if you are staring at your phone and you get texted, wait 5-10 minutes at a minimum before a reply.  All this shit made perfect sense to me when I had this one crazy fat girl do all the wrong things. She was clingy, constantly asking to hangout, talking about a relationship. It really killed the fun of talking to her and thus I stopped.  

Sounds to me like this chick is not interested in you, or only wanted to get drunk and laid.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Dont waste your dads money on white girls,,,,Try a good drunk Injun girl next time.   WOO!!!HOO!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're probably right. Just out of curiousity, why do you say it though?
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Walk away and move on to the next date. Guys that stress out about a girl not calling them back are called "desperate".....or "needy".  It's their loss...not yours.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Let it go.
Not much else you can do.

Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Dont waste your dads money on white girls,,,,Try a good drunk Injun girl next time.   WOO!!!HOO!!

Shouldn't that be "WOOP!HOW?"
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:22:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If she was interested, she would have called.

Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#25]
meh––you fulfilled protocol by calling her back the next day.  give another day or two, then try once more.  no reason not to––all the likely outcomes of calling are either good or status quo.  

but if she doesn't respond to that, on to the next one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this a serious response? We are nothing so what would I be moving on from?

Figure of speech.  If you are interested enough to be posting here though...  Hey, even a great booty call is worth a few texts.  Cheaper than the CL hookers at least.  I'll play along a bit to end up the sack with a hot chick.  Just spent the weekend with one I met 10 years ago and stayed loosely in touch with.  Never know where it's gonna pan out but a weekend away from arfcom with a cute girl is always a win.

Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:25:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You were drinking back at her place and you didn't even kiss her?  She thinks your're gay.

Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If she was interested, she would have called.

Yep. They don't just call they blow up your phone. I've always thought I knew when girls were interested it turns out I was wrong. I had a couple girls turn out to be interested and it was like a shark frenzy, no joke. These were hot girls, but the key is when they text you first, you are in the business. That is when you know they are interested in you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:28:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
meh––you fulfilled protocol by calling her back the next day.  give another day or two, then try once more.  no reason not to––all the likely outcomes of calling are either good or status quo.  

I swore it was 3 days min?

Typically I'll send a text after the date and say I had fun and hope to do it again, if I did. Then I go a few days like 5+ and then see whats going on. 8/10 times they text me before then.

The most important thing to remember is that it doesn't matter if you fail or get rejected. Sure it sucks, and I've had rejection before when I was 95% sure. It doesn't matter just move on to one of the other bunches of ladies in the sea.

Shotgun approach works great if you have several girls going at once, like 10+, but only actually dating a max of 7 (Never more, only 7 days in one week). One will always be up to hangout and if you are texting a bunch of them, if you get rejected it isn't a big deal just one less on the testing list.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is stomping around like a monster and kicking the trains still allowed?
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Let it go.

Well, there is always the pit in the basement...
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is stomping around like a monster and kicking the trains still allowed?

Hahahaha
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Jerk off like everybody else.

This
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
stop calling!!!

I called her once and haven't called her since. So I've already stopped. The question is if I should even call her again or just move on.

She's telling you she isn't interested.  It's passive aggressive but that's how women are.

^^^Nailed it! She probably thinks you're not interested based on the no kiss and is now blowing you off. Or else she wants you to chase her in which case she's just playing games. Don't waste any more time, man.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

nope––if a date goes well and you want to see her again, always call the next day to say "i had a great time" and make 5 minutes of small talk.  it shows respect and good manners, and
it's one of the steps in the traditional courtship dance.  that word "courtship" is worth thinking about, for the young fellows out there.  women appreciate that.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#37]
A few months back my cousin told me about this girl that was asking about me as she worked with him and she apparently kept bugging him. Since I am newly single I figured on talking to her. Typically I just show up in person and ask them to get some coffee with me. She doesn't work with my cousin anymore, but she has a facebook. Is there any proper protocol for this situation? I've never officially met her in real life although I have seen her when I was visiting with my friend and she obviously saw me enough  to ask who I was.

Any ideas here?
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let it go.

Well, there is always the pit in the basement...

Now, now, are there women who... if not "deserve" the pit... have at least "earned" the pit? Sure.

But, some chick you hooked up with that didn't work out? Nah. It just didn't work out.

(Not saying don't keep a bag of lime and a shovel handy. Just saying, they may not be warranted in this case.)

Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#39]
She clearly wanted some dick and you disappointed her. Now she's going to go find someone that won't.

Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:43:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

nope––if a date goes well and you want to see her again, always call the next day to say "i had a great time" and make 5 minutes of small talk.  it shows respect and good manners, and it's one of the steps in the traditional courtship dance.  that word "courtship" is worth thinking about, for the young fellows out there.  women appreciate that.

I typically do that after the date, an hour or two after and then not make any contact for a few days. It lets me settle down and see if I was really serious or not.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:44:15 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

A few months back my cousin told me about this girl that was asking about me as she worked with him and she apparently kept bugging him. Since I am newly single I figured on talking to her. Typically I just show up in person and ask them to get some coffee with me. She doesn't work with my cousin anymore, but she has a facebook. Is there any proper protocol for this situation? I've never officially met her in real life although I have seen her when I was visiting with my friend and she obviously saw me enough  to ask who I was.

Any ideas here?
I'm at a loss. The protocol for modern dating absolutely eludes me. So glad I got married this summer, because if I didn't... I'd be lost.

Like a pig in the wilderness.

Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:

My brother surfs Craigslist all the time for muscle cars he can't afford anyway.
Kind of like when I go on Gunbroker.
I don't know but I recall the whole Craigslist thing involved a bunch of Northern Midwestern states.  Perhaps they are still used in other states.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#44]
it was a date, not a wedding.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:
A few months back my cousin told me about this girl that was asking  about me as she worked with him and she apparently kept bugging him. Since I am newly single I figured on talking to her. Typically I just show up in person and ask them to get some coffee with me. She doesn't work with my cousin anymore, but she has a facebook. Is there any proper protocol for this situation? I've never officially met her in real life although I have seen her when I was visiting with my friend and she obviously saw me enough  to ask who I was.

Any ideas here?
I'm at a loss. The protocol for modern dating absolutely eludes me. So glad I got married this summer, because if I didn't... I'd be lost.

Like a pig in the wilderness.

I'm not the best at it, but in this particular situation I am stumped. Typically I meet someone in real life and talk a bit and then ask them to grab coffee. This time I don't want to be like "Hey I heard about you from XX, want to grab some coffee?" That just seems a bit weird to me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Here's the thing:

It's overwhelmingly likely that she's not interested in you anymore, and your best course of action is to forget her and move on.

Knowing that, however, I would wait until next week or so and text her, "hey, I have plans to do [whatever], care to join?"

Absolutely don't have any hope of a response, but it'll only take 5 seconds, you have nothing to lose, and you might get lucky (literally and figuratively).

If/when she doesn't respond to that, disregard her and acquire currency.

This sounds about right. Do this.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You were drinking back at her place and you didn't even kiss her?  She thinks your're gay.

This.

Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:55:44 PM EDT
[#48]
You provided a service (alchohol) and recieved nothing in return.

Let it go, follow up in the first week of December. She will have visited the family alone with cousins and their boyfriends. She will be trying to not repeat that for Christmas along with getting more free drinks plus extra present.

After the next drinks you go back to your place for service. What you do after that is up to you, but you must remember exactly where you stand.

If this does not work in December then I am wrong and you are back where you started. Worth a shot.

She was comfortable enough to drink with you and take you home. She wanted you to call her back because she needs to feel wanted, not because she needs you. Use the holidays (when her need is greatest) to take advantage of that.

The "hey I almost forgot about that night, that was a good time" text 4-6 months later is a valid move that shows a little interest, an unimpressed memory, but willingness to try again.

Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

It was her parent's who she happens to be living with for the time being. It wasn't like I sprawled out on the couch with her. I was tiptoeing around downstairs trying not to wake up her parents. Yea I could have gone in for the fingerbang in her parent's kitchen but like I said, I was somewhat concerned her dad would come down and not be too happy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:56:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Another send her a picture of your dick vote..then tell her to come make you a sammich right MEOW!!
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top